[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ JUST - Knee Edition /

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Something is fucked with my knee and I need some help because I can't afford to go to the doctors.

>6'5
>210lbs (was 245)
>26yo

I've been a fat fuck forever, and recently I've lost a decent amount of weight, waking up and running in the morning. But my knee started to hurt so I would take a day of and continue to run, only to have it hurt again. A few days ago I took another day off because of the pain (its at the back of the knee, pretty sure its a ligament) and noticed that my right knee is more fucked than I thought. I can move it in ways that I can't my left knee - it feels looser if that makes sense.

How fucked am I? Should I wear a brace? Has anyone been in a similar situation?
>>
>>42462973
Sorry OP, but you have to cut off your legs. It's for your own good :(
>>
>>42462988

Seriously, will icing it help at all? If it's a tear would anything other than rest help? And if so, how long do ligaments take to heal?
>>
>It's another "I Ran for Cardio Now I'm Injured" episode
Go to a doctor.
>>
>>42462973
>I can't afford to go to the doctors
do you not live in a medicaid expansion state or something?

If your shit is torn you may need surgery. Give it a couple weeks for the swelling to go down and let it heal and see where you are.

>>42463036
Ice is OK for acute inflammation but too much can make you stiff and retard healing. Ligaments take a long ass time to heal, like 6 weeks, and might need to be rejoined surgically if completely torn.

>>42463048
Like anything else, if you get into it slowly and watch your form you'll be fine.
>>
>>42462973
"Knee started to hurt" is too unspecific even for internet diagnosis.
Most likely you have an inflamed tendon, which needs to have plenty of time to heal. You can't train through an inflamed tendon, else you will go from tendinitis (inflamation) to tendinosis (degeneration with permanent damage).
Go see a doctor, preferably one that treats sports injuries, if you value your sport. Everybody gets injuries from doing sports every now and then.
>>
>>42462973
OP, as someone who has injured his knee three times, get to the fucking doctor. If you don't you may permanently fuck your leg up and you'll live with the consequences for the rest of your life. If you experienced a dislocation you may have torn ligaments or tendons and you'll be super fucked.
>>
>>42463181
>>42463476
>>42463567

I didn't think it was that serious or would take anywhere near that long to heal. I'll go to the walk-in clinic and I'll rest for at least 2 weeks and see how it goes from there.

Thanks for the help guys
>>
>>42462973
Didn't we tell you that you shouldn't run at all if you are a fat fuck because you gonna fuck up your knees, dumbass?
Stop running immediately and go swimming instead for cardio.
Start running again when you're at a normal weight or actually don't run ever again and start lifting.
>>
Just carry on with squats, you're getting DOMS from joint gains
>>
>>42464578
>Stop running immediately and go swimming instead for cardio.
I like the recumbent exercycle myself
>>
>>42464578

I can't swim if I'm a fat fuck, I run at 4:30 in the morning like a fucking retard because I don't want people to see my fat ass

im going to diet harder now and when my knee heals (hopefully) I should be a more appropriate weight for running

but I was 245, at 6'5 thats not that fucking massive weight wise; if it didn't all go to my waist I wouldn't care. If anything this has to be due to my height moreso than weight
>>
>>42464629
>I don't want people to see my fat ass
fat people at the pool are unappealing, sure, but anyone whose opinion is worth caring about knows they're in the right place and supports them. From afar and without making eye contact, but still support.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.