[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: Screen-Shot-2017-08-01-at-23.28.jpg (218KB, 1909x724px) Image search: [Google]
Screen-Shot-2017-08-01-at-23.28.jpg
218KB, 1909x724px
Are you guys running? I love running! My weight is 245 lbs and my best time for 10km is 60 minutes. Best time for 5km is 25 minutes. Sometimes i run 120km in month. What is your best results?
>>
>>42462529
Bump. When its too cold for running on the street i use my treadmill. I run on treadmill and watch anime!
>>
>>42462529
10km 36min
5km like 17
Distance running sucks and is a gains goblin.
>>
>>42462771
>>42462771
>10km 36min
>5km like 17
Almost 19 km/hour on 5km distance? This is a result of professional athlete. How long are you training?
>gains goblin
What is it mean?
>>
>>42462771
>10km 36min
17 km/hour on 10 km distance? Very impressive. You participate in competitions?
>>
>>42462771
>running is gains goblin
wrong getting big is a longs goblin
>>
>>42462853
>getting big is a longs goblin
This is underrated. Please put this in all future /run/ OP's.
>>
>>42462864
I will do it as often as I am around and see people shit-talking distance running.

I don't run 5kms frequently any more, bt my best time was 16:09 back in undergrad. I've since moved to half -marathons and and usually run right around 1:30:00, best so far is 1:26:29, am trying to do sub 1:25:00 before this fall is up.

I ran (walked) the Leadville trail 100 in 33hrs. That was miserable.
>>
>>42462921
Respectable times, and congrats on a 100 finish, regardless of time. If you want to see some mentally ill ultra trail guys, watch "The Barkley Marathon, the Race that Eats it's Young."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQmoxlUy33A
>>
Also after thinking about it a little, pace goblin or miles goblin would be less stupid sounding... but longs goblin also sounds kind of funny.
>>
Started running a few weeks ago. I average about 7 min/km is that too bad?

Sadly for me can't go over 5km or my heel start to swell and have to stop and take a few days off to recover
>>
>>42462962
>have to stop and take a few days off to recover
This is right. Your tendons need 72 hours for recovery if you feel pain in heels.
>>
>>42462962
>I average about 7 min/km is that too bad?
When i start i run 3 km in 22 minutes at treadmill. Now my best is 11 on treadmill and 5 rm in 25 minutes on the street.
>>
>>42462529
Good on you, too, OP, for doing a 120k. I wish you the best luck. Remember to eat!

>>42462943
Thanks, it was something but I don't think I'll do another ultra for a long while if I ever do. It takes a lot of training to do 100 miles and I just don't have that kind of time.
>>
>>42462529
>>42462771

Bullshit estats
No way some fatass femanon runs enough to have stats like OP
No way some anonfucker that believes cardio kills gains runs 6 min/mile 3 mile.

Also OP what kind of commie uses km but then weighs herself in pounds?
>>
>>42462962
Too bad for what? As long as you want to run you can run. Just be sure to rest when you need it, especially early on in your training. Getting an injury is no fun.

You will improve if you just keep at it, you will maintain if you are a little lazy about it, but as long as you are running you won't get worse at running unless you injure yourself.
>>
>>42463024
Would you believe that I've run a mile under 4:20, or that I've run 10k in under 31:00?
>>
>>42463047
Pics or it didn't happen.

>I'd be jelly
>>
>>42463061
High schoolers do that shit in the US every day. It's not much to be proud of, so you'll just have to trust me.
>>
>>42463047
No, he won't. Don't even try too speak with this crazy idiot. He won't be satisfied with any evidences.
>>
>>42463024
OP's stats are pretty legitimate.

I'm not certain why you think someone who runs 6min miles for 3 miles can't think running kills gains.

Most races in the US that aren't marathons or halfs are listed in kms.
>>
>>42462529
The idea of a 245 lb man running 10 km makes my Knees hurt.
>>
>>42462529
Дeaнoн пo бoльницe №7
>>
>>42463061
>>I'd be jelly
>>
>>42463077
I don't know about every day, but certainly everyt tuesday, thursday, and weekend.
>>
File: 1497632163685.png (550KB, 600x592px)
1497632163685.png
550KB, 600x592px
I run 3x/week easy jog ~30min 4-5k before workout.
In addition to frequent 20-30k weekend mointain hikes I think this qualifies as non-sedentary lifestyle and thats basically why I do it.
I ran a half marathon once and decided it's not for me. Respect to all the marathon fags though, I can now imagine what training must be like if you want to get respectable times.
>>
>>42463088
I trained all my life, so i never had injuries or pain in knees. And yes, i'm overweighted, but never stop training and i feel comfortable.
>>
>>42463088
I run half-marathons two times, 2.10 and 2.14
>>
>>42463077
Yeah, top athletes. A 4 minute mile is professional level stuff. Post a selfie anon I need an inspirational athlete to look up to.

>>42463080
Speak for yourself fatty. Don't make threads to discuss running if you're only going to toot your own horn and silence critics. How do you still weigh 200+ lbs if you run so much? serious question.
>>
>>42463168
Serious question is "what the fuck are talking about, moron?". This was for you.
>>
>>42463168
>How do you still weigh 200+ lbs if you run so much?
This guy beat marathon in 3:45 with 260 lbs.
>>
>>42463210
I thought we both knew we were talking about your stats. I wish you would have let me know you were confused sooner, that way I could have clarified with you.

>>42463241
How much do you eat per day to maintain your weight with all the cardio you do? That's what I'm trying to get at. Do you track your calories? Are you currently working on losing weight or do you eat to maintain because you like being thicc?
>>
>>42463428
Ignored
>>
>>42463511
Uh. Ok? I mean, if you don't want to talk that's fine. I was just trying to get some information and y'all got all defensive like I was making fun of you or something.
>>
Threadly reminder lads: https://www.strava.com/clubs/fitizens
>>
When I was on vacation in Europe about 2 weeks ago, I did a run with a couple buddies for just under 5.5 km. Time ended up being 28 min, was pretty happy about that.

There was a random set of stairs that we also ran up which killed my quads, but felt good afterwards.

Personally hate longer distance running but I kinda wanna attempt a 10km sometime. That'd be nice to try.
>>
posting this here since i didn't know there was a running general

recovering fatty here, yesterday i went to Walmart to buy 2 15kg plates that i had to carry home in my bag (4 mile walk) and holy shit was i drenched and sore after doing that, got me thinking, is walking with a big load better than walking/as good as jogging? i don't like jogging because of my shit joints (knock knees plus years of degradation from being a fat ass teen who liked hiking) but they didn't hurt when walking with the plates and i think i even worked my traps or some muscle on my back because it was sore as hell the next day
>>
>>42464516
Sounds pretty similar to rucking. Thing is that rucking can actually fuck with your back, knees and hips if you overtrain. Though that is mostly in the long term, it can be an alternative to running in some cases. You'll have to go a farther distance to get the same effect of jogging just a short amount, but if you're still kinda heavy it could be an option.

I'd suggest biking and/or swimming before that, though.
>>
>>42464583
i'm 236 from 330, thing is i remember i thought i'd be able to run at like 250 but guess not, knees still hurt like a bitch after running for a short distance.

I might try walking with a 30kg load this weekend and see how i feel, any abnormal back pains and i'll stop. (i can tell my current back pain is muscle soreness so i'm not worried)
>>
What's a respectable first timer marathon time for someone who runs casually/as a hobby?
>>
>>42462814
Not sure if troll. Pros should easily get into the low 14s for a 5k.
17mins, while very good, is nowhere near pro level
>>
>>42463108
I think half marathon is my favorite distance to race. Long enough to be challenging, while still being able to go fast-ish.
>Marathon
go easy and hope you avoid the wall
>10k
almost die
>5k
die
>>
>>42463241
Fuck, 3:45 is my time. How did this piece of lard ran as fast as me
>tfw not gonna make it
>>
>>42464740
I'd say sub 4h is a good goal for a hobby runner
>>
>>42462529

>Sometimes i run 120km in month
>My weight is 245 lbs

What are you eating?
>>
>>42464876
30k/week is not that much desu.
>>
>>42462529
You're a fiend homie miring them running stats hard
>>
>>42464648
Just don't go too hard too quickly. I'm only 3 years into the military and my hip occasionally hurts throughout the day as I've done many miles humping a rucksack in that short amount of time.

Also, make sure you're taking care of your feet and using right footwear, you don't want to end up with some crazy shit because you're being complacent.
>>
>>42465099
didn't they load those military bags with like 150+lbs? starting with 40lbs seems pretty slow compared to that and i doubt i'll be able to add more weight, but i'll stop if i feel anything out of the ordinary
>>
What plans and training helped you increase your 5k time the most? I'm running a 26 min as I build up my base (currently at 10miles a week)
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.