[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people shit on bro-splits but at the same time praise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 234234234.jpg (10KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
234234234.jpg
10KB, 236x236px
Why do people shit on bro-splits but at the same time praise PPL when its essentially the same

PPL 3 days
>Push (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps)
>Pull (Back, Biceps)
>Legs (Legs)

Bro-split 3 days
>Chest, Triceps
>Back, Biceps
>Legs, Shoulders

Please tell me how PPL is supposedly the superior routine atm when its basically a glorified bro-split
>>
>>42458169
Oh shit nigger I do the bro split 3 days, is this not good for newbie gains?
>>
>>42458244

People say PPL or Upper/Lower is superior to bro-splits for nattys but I dont really see why.

Its better to hit all your muscles groups twice a week though so you should go 6 days a week or change routine
>>
>>42458169
I thought they were similar but from what I've heard a bro split is one muscle group a day where ppl is at least two.
>>
You should do full body 3-6 times per week instead, superior volume and probably shorter and/or fewer sessions.
>>
>>42458268
Yeah I'm going ABCABCx basically.
>>
>>42458169
I'm doing PPL and I thought exactly the same, it's essentally a bro-split
>Please tell me how PPL is supposedly the superior routine atm when its basically a glorified bro-split
Bro-splits work.
>>
>>42458277

Full body means longer sessions and less energy for individual lifts.

Better to go 6x a week and get through each day's allotment fresh.
>>
Bro-split
>5 days
>1 x frequency for all muscles

PPL
>6 days
>2 x frequency for all muscles

You add 1 day and gain 2 times the frequency, how is that not a solid deal?

I go Monday through to Saturday.

>inb4 ; but you'll burn out and quit lifting if you go 6 days!

I just hit my 6th year lifting and I'm currently running PPL 6 days a week and I'm doing just fine, in-fact my motivation for lifting hasn't been this high in awhile.
>>
>>42458169
what you just said isnt a bro split
bro split is
>chest
>shoulders
>arms
>back
>legs
and then weekends off because its for dudebros who party on the weekend
>>
>>42458353
I've noticed the dude bro's have started doing Legs on Monday's now. I guess to get the boring day done for the week first, so they enjoy the rest of the week.
>>
>>42458337
>>42458353

I dont know about you but most bro-splits that I know of people have been doing since forever is 3 days 2 muscle groups. But yeah compared to 1 muscle group a day its definitely better
>>
>>42458370
The early morning crew at my gym lift legs early in the morning.
They are competitive bodybuilders though.
>>
>>42458244
The best way to gain muscle as a natty is to hit your muscles every 48h, so either your train full body 3 times a week or you do a 2-day split and hit the gym 6 times a week
>>
>>42458277
>>42458434

I dont get how people are supposedly doing a full-body workout.

There is no way in hell you can do the most important lifts for each group (squats, deadlifts, ohp, bench, pullups, rows) on 1 day
>>
>>42458516
I did full (upper) body workouts for a while, and said fuck legs.

Bench/OHP/Rows/Chins + shitload of accessories.

It was actually pretty fun, but it took almost two hours.

I agree adding in squats and deads seems unrealistic.
>>
>>42458516
I have two different workouts, but what I basically do is 2 presses and 2 pulls, squat, a hamstrings and lower back exercise, arms, abs. It takes about 1h and 40 minutes to complete, I take some slowly digested carb powder before going to the gym and a caffeine pills with some other carb powder 25 minutes after the start of my workout. It's the most efficient way to train if your goal is hypertrophy. The alternative would be hitting the gym 6 times a week but that would waste too much time.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.