[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go easy on the legs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (44KB, 745x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44KB, 745x720px
My leg muscles are developed to the point where I don't want them to be much bigger.

Is it acceptable to have leg exercises be a less prominent part of my routine for this reason?

Also all my jeans are kind of small for me know because I got a little fat and am thinking of cutting a bit because I don't mind going back to 77kg.
>>
U dont have to build legs slowly. U can work legs 3 times a week compared to small muscles like biceps that you should only work once a week. U get a big payout from working legs because thats where all your power comes from
>>
>>42456535
Are you happy with your legs? Then youre golden go forward how you want. While chicken legs we disgusting /fit/ is dead wrong bowing to the alter of rippletits and his golden Trex idol.
>>
>>42456567
Yeah but I'm satisfied with my leg strength and look since I did cardio for years, I'm not trying to make them much bulkier, just a little bit more.

Also
>biceps once a week

I was under the impression that it was safe to work any muscle group every 48h, am I wrong?
>>
Low rep, low volume, strength training for your legs. Should stay fairly the same size whilst getting stronger.
>>
>>42456599
Thanks, do you have any method of adjusting the usual recommended leg exercises to fit this need?

Like, do I cut it down by 25%?
50%?

Also, will everyday hiit make them bulkier than I want them?

I like doing hiit so thats why I'm asking.
>>
>>42456596
U can be satisfied ur current legs but when it comes time to sit down and stop stretching your accomplishments thin u will need stronger legs.

U cant work biceps more than once a week, its dangerous when ur pinch biceps for both ur shoulder and wrists
>>
>>42456629
You're an idiot.
>>
I too am in this situation OP, ever since I fixed my deadlift form my legs have grown a lot, so I squat once a week and deadlift once a week down from squat twice and deadlift once.

Using the extra energy to work on my weak points - my lats and biceps.
>>
>>42456535
Why the fuck are you asking for validation/permission from /fit/? Serious question.
>>
No, you must lift everything as hard as you can, worst case your legs will plateu faster and you'll have to switch them to a different program separately from your upper body, and your upper will catch up in mass.

Why must you lift as heavy as you can you ask? Because.
>>
>>42456629
bullshit
>>
>>42457292
>validation / permission
are you retarded?
I'm new to fitness and am simply trying to get advice lol
>>
>>42456896
*Ur an idiot
>>
>>42458404
How newfag can you get. NO! scratch that, how retarded are you?

"haha, I was only pretending to be retarded. The joke was clearly over your head, I corrected your proper grammar with the olde text speak and thereby made it incorrect. GOD I'M SO CHEEKY!"
>>
>>42456535
I basically did legs only to get to the point where it doesn't look like I have chicken legs. 3pl8 for reps, I don't try to lift heavier. Still I wear size 36 waist, because I haven't found pair of size 32 that fit my thighs.
>>
if you're natty there's no such thing as having "legs too big"
>>
>>42456535
>>42458379
Ah gotcha.
>Is it acceptable to have leg exercises be a less prominent part of my routine for this reason?
No, this is not acceptable. You have to train your legs harder then any other muscle, and squats are not optional. Buy bigger jeans.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.