[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting into shape

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: e-mail male betta splendens.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
e-mail male betta splendens.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
I'm a scrawny beta fag trying to get my shit together health wise and look more attractive. I figure that I should start out with something simple (maybe pushups, set ups, pull ups, squats and a mile run four days a week) while slowly bringing up mileage and reps weekly and maybe purchasing a gym membership later on. I don't know how effective this plan really is, and I haven't factored in my sporadic diet, so any advice on either of those is greatly appreciated. Also if you have any tips on how to stay motivated, please let me know.
>>
>>42456161
just get a good program, buy a gym membership, and eat a ton of whatever the fuck u want
>>
Whats more important to you, health or aesthetics?
Im a comprimise, I tend to eat 17 bic macs and then run 30km
>>
>>42456161
don't need motivation, you need discipline. think of it as a chore you just have to do like brushing your teeth or taking a shower. just put one foot in front of the other and keep going
>>
>>42456201
This, you don't lift because you feel like doing, you do it because you make yourself do it
>>
>>42456161
I'd recommend reading the sticky all theway through. Also for general health diet is really important and you won't see much progress if you don't start eating better
>>
>>42456194
I can do manual labor and basic things but I would like to be healthier cardio-wise, I love hunting but get worn out easier than I should carrying only a 7 lb. rifle around the hills for a mile or so. I also would like a little bit of toning. Advice in both areas is appreciated.
>>
>>42456229
Then do running and stay lean and do some lifting your beginner gains will be enough to make you toned if you stay lean
>>
>>42456229
Im the cunt you replied too, im also a huntingfag. No matter what you do, carrying a red up a hill is still going to be tiring as all fuck. Running and hiking helps a little, but theres no way around it. Huntings just exhausting.
>>
>>42456161

Have you read the sticky?

Also, motivation is bullshit. It comes and goes. Dont rely on motivation to get you fit. Motivation did not get you into the worst shape of your life. Routine did. Discipline yourself to create healthier habits that you will definitely stick to whether or not you feel like it, because you've set a non debateable conviction about these choices with the intentions of bettering yourself and your life. As time goes on, and you make progress, you will become more motivated all the time. You will become addicted to pushing your progress and seeing just how far you can push your physical vessel. Your clothes will fit better, you will feel more alive, people will pick up on your new found sense of confidence. Have faith in yourself, anon, and never allow yourself to reneg on your set goals. You are your own worst enemy. There will be haters along the way and jelly skellys that say you cant or that you shouldnt.. this is a good thing. Transmute that negative energy into fuel to burn the old self into a fiery God-like form. Believe in yourself, anon. You're going to make it.
>>
>>42456268
How heavy do your red deer get? I hunt whitetails and a big buck is about 200 lbs. (90 kilos if you're one of those people)

Also, good advice so far, but I'm confuse on the diet. Should I stick to the standard 2000 calories or get more in depth?
>>
>>42456308
200lbs is big where I live at least.>>42456293
>>
>>42456293
Thanks, I'll definitely look at the sticky for further help
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.