[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SS or SL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1498241492144.jpg (615KB, 1824x1378px) Image search: [Google]
1498241492144.jpg
615KB, 1824x1378px
Any pros or cons to doing either of these as starting routines? Roommate and I are both skeleton tier and wanna get big and go super saiyan. The power cleans in SS workout B got me sceptical if we could do it though.
>>
>>42449261
Between those two, SL is better. But GSLP is better than both.
>>
>>42449261
Then LEARN HOW TO POWER CLEAN.
It's not hard, just unusual and takes a bit of coordination.
SS is legit, but it's not a routine you'll stay on forever, it's just great to start moving serious (for a beginner) weight quickly. Stall a couple of times, then move on to an intermediate routine.
>>
>>42449284
GSLP and SS are the same, except for the AMRAP on the last set, which should only be 5 reps anyway, as you're adding 5lbs per workout/per week
>>
>>42449410
They're pretty similar yeah, but the slower progression scheme and use of AMRAP means you'll be able to make progression for a longer period of time, at a more sustainable rate. And chin-ups are better than power cleans unless you have a coach. Not to mention that GSLP is much more customizable than SS.
>>
>>42449490
Fukken LEARN HOW TO POWER CLEAN. Chin ups are good and you should do them too, but power cleans come first, because no other exercise in any beginner routine covers power production.
As for the progression, just stall already and move on, what do you want, to stay on a beginner's routine for a year?
>>
>>42449547
You're more likely to just fuck up your shoulders with power cleans than actually get results. Do it with a coach or don't do it. Progression-wise, it's better to progress consistently for 2-6 months before moving on. SS and SL promote really quick stalls, which is shitty if you're planning on moving on after you stall the first time.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.