/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I can't feel with my thumb anymore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0264.jpg (232KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0264.jpg
232KB, 600x442px
>tfw I can't feel with my thumb anymore
>>
this grip destroys your thumb over time...
>>
>>42448969
Funny. When i hook grip my thumb doesnt even hurt. It just acts as support, I see no reason why it should hurt. You still hold the bar with your other fingers, not the thumb.
>>
>>42448969
Want to know how I know you are weak as shit?
I deadlift 405 for reps with hookgrip no problem. It just takes time to get used to.
>>
File: fedora says.png (184KB, 332x396px) Image search: [Google]
fedora says.png
184KB, 332x396px
>I use hook grip
>>
>>42449006
Bitch of course I do I do Olympic lifting
>>
>>42448948
how the fuck am i supposed to into pic related?

i have bicep issues so cant do over under.
but eeverytime i hook grip my thumb gets super slippeery and sweaty and i end upswitching to overhand.
>>
>>42449265
just use straps and then train your grip separately with static holds and plate pinches and shit

your grip is important and deserves more specific training than just DOH deadlifts will give it anyway
>>
>>42449309
straps fuck up my setup, idk why but a few people feel the same way
>>
>>42449265
Chalk
>>
>>42448948
That looks painful and retarded. Why dont you grip like a normal human being?
>>
File: 1494271453985.png (127KB, 581x443px) Image search: [Google]
1494271453985.png
127KB, 581x443px
>>42449265
Endure. In the beginning it hurts like hell but it gets better with time
>>
>>42449541
they require practice to use correctly and slightly alter the form of the exercise, much like using hook grip has a learning curve, and using mixed grip has a learning curve

a few sessions and they will feel totally natural, plus you can do a fuckload more volume with straps, they're a great training tool
>>
>>42449568
Because you can lift more weight with a hook grip. That's literally why pretty much every Olympic lifter uses it
>>
>>42449006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw&t=117s
>>
if hookgrip hurt then you are gripping wrong plain and simple, or you have tiny woman hands
>>
>>42449265
Hook only really works with chalk, unless the knurling on your bar is very good and even then it tends to get too sweaty. My diddly shot up when I got chalk since I could properly hook grip, get some chalk and hook will be best friend.
>>
File: barbell strap on.jpg (62KB, 600x803px) Image search: [Google]
barbell strap on.jpg
62KB, 600x803px
>>42449602
>Olympic lifter
Ah, that fucking meme. You probably aren't an Olympic lifter and you are not competing, you are training. Every other DYEL believe they shall constantly compete and impress bystanders in the gym; they look at Klokov doing (wide) BTN presses, at the Olympic Chink Team abusing the so-called "valgus twitch", at experienced powerlifters doing low-bar quarter-squats (but they train with high-bar), at fancy youtubers benching with a laughable arching to better impress the audience...
Use pic related when chalk isn't enough to save you double-pronated grip, do grip training on a side and save your fucking thumbs.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.