[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I working out too much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: squat6.jpg (13KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
squat6.jpg
13KB, 250x249px
I was a rather fat guy when I started working out, 240/250 pounds and 6"3. 2.5 months later I'm 210 pounds but I don't notice a visual difference. Anyways, I'm poor, and I'm trying to lose weight before bulking.

I only have a barbell.

For the past 2.5 months I've been doing this workout monday, wednesday, and friday.

3x5 squats
3x5 OPH
3x5 Barbell row
1x5 deadlift

Is this good for losing weight? I can't do bench presses because I'm not getting on the floor, too many black widows the south, and I have no bench substitute.

Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>42440108
>I was a rather fat guy when I started
>6"3' 210

You're still a rather fat guy then. If you were pretty fat before and just started working out then youre not gonna see much in the way of gains till about 185-190. And if you don't have a bench for some chesticles then try doing some chair dips or Push-ups or something, you can see them coming then anyway. Wouldn't worry about black widows though desu, they don't actively seek people to bite, they just come after you if you fuck with them.
>>
I'll take your word for the black widows and substitute the OHP for benches sometimes. Just have had a ton of close calls with them while welding.
>>
>>42440108
>Is this good for losing weight?

Read up upon Insulin, HGH (Human Growth Hormone) and IF (Intermittent Fasting). Basically, eat max 2-3 meals per day. No snacking in between. This is because every time you eat, your insulin will spike, regardless if it is healthy food or not. However, when you're fasting, your insulin will go down and your HGH will increase. This is what you want, because HGH increases muscle growth and helps you conserve muscles. It also lets your body burn fat, which it cannot do if you're full of insulin aka eating all the time.
>>
>>42442050
nice science. I can string together a sentence too.

If can fuck you up if you don't know what you're doing. Only evidence that suggested that was a slight increase when eating after fasting due to your body ramping up its furnace, google it the increased HGH lasted for an hour at most also there are many types of factors in the HGH some of these factors don't target muscle growth exactly.
>>
File: listen baby.png (3KB, 360x268px) Image search: [Google]
listen baby.png
3KB, 360x268px
>>42440108
Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.
>MFW thinking of you.
>>
>>42442519
https://www.dietdoctor.com/fasting-and-growth-hormone

>If can fuck you up if you don't know what you're doing
How? You typically eat 2-3 times in a 8 hour window, then you don't eat for 16 hours except water.
>>
>>42442519
I do what he was talking about anyways, I'm sure most people eat 2-3 times within an 8 hour period and then don't eat the rest of the day.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.