[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fighters General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: fist1[1].jpg (117KB, 1920x1271px) Image search: [Google]
fist1[1].jpg
117KB, 1920x1271px
Share your training regimes, competitive fighting stories and all that shit.

>used to do olympic lifts
>would end fights in seconds
>literally clean and jerk my opponents
>stopped weightlifting for years
>sooo weak
>every fight is a long battle for survival have to push my reactions and tactics to their very limits and barely scrape by

Nothing as depressing as realising size and strength are the greatest assets you could ever have :(
>>
>>42439577
3x/week full body routine
No explosive exercises, just classic strength stuff; probably the wrong thing to do but no bumper plates so fuck that
Still take guys out with a couple of low roundhouse kicks but that's probably just cause they're low level fighters
A-at least I have visible abs
>>
Strictly calisthenic training helps with athletic agility. You're training to deliver as much force as you can for a prolonged period, so in fighting terms that's like relentless volume of punches and kicks in an attempt to overwhelm your opponents and keep them off balance.
>>
The most frustrating thing is an opponent who backs off as the pressure gets too high.

In scenarios where you want to end the fight as quickly as possible you cant have your opponent back off because you cant hit them as they move back, you're left with non-striking options: a take down, a clinch or cornering them - you then have hit them whilst in the clinch without giving them a way out.
>>
>>42439738
That's my favourite part imo, clinch up and wait for them to pressure you back, half circle them and then launch that half circle style knee straight into their gut
> had it done to me when I was backing off
>got winded then threw up
>>
>>42439757
Knees are very short range and only possible when an opponent is come at you while he's standing straight up like a thai fighter does. Any other fighting styles stance would leave knees a redundant move imho.
>>
Fuck no1 wants to talk about fighting?
>>
>>42439856
I agree for the most part, but sometimes the odd situation like a failed double/single can be a pretty good opportunity to throw one here and there
>>
Anyone /muaythai/ here, am a couple of months in and am getting better as I transitioned from a school that taught mma. Everything is different and I keep opening myself up to head kicks and flurries of punches to my face when I throw a kick. Anyone got some primo tips?
>inb4 mma isn't a martial art
>>
I do PPLPPXX

Cardio on satudays
I start with 3x5 on basics and then power then hypertrophy. Each workout is one hour long.

For push days: power is one hand dumbell push press
For leg days: power squats as mentioned in texas method
For back days: power is explosive rows

Cardio on sat is just a buch of meme tier cardio, ropes, burpees, pushups, jumps, low kicks till death etc.
>>
I'm trying to find a place that teaches sambo near me but I can't what would be a comparable martial art for self defense? Not looking to do sports fighting.
>>
>>42440373
Oh, i would be in LHW by the way.
Did taekwondo, now in summer kickboxing and hope to do amateur mma on october.
Lighter fighters should do less hypertrophy I guess. And less days maybe.
>>
>>42440362
yeah im the pplppl guy.

Work on distances. This is, have you ever tried to be in the clinch, push the guy back and kick right to the head? Also, launch kicks as bandal chaguis, look it up on google or whatever, don throw it like it is to the head, just go for the body and then kick the head. Watch some taekwondo competitions and you'll understand.
>>
>>42440080
Fighting is for children and thugs.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.