[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for better protein shakes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: holy_gains.jpg (62KB, 634x637px) Image search: [Google]
holy_gains.jpg
62KB, 634x637px
So recently, I realized that Ive been adding way too many calories to my diet with the milk in my protein shakes. Its good, but im putting 400 calories a day more than I need to in a single shake. Ive tried it with water before and I hate it. I only need less calories because im trying to do a lean bulk right now, with about ~230g protein a day and ~2000 calories.

Im thinking about using skim or almond milk as a substitute so it doesnt taste like shit. Any /fit/bros have experience with this?

also inb4 >bulking on 2000 calories
im growing my arms, and just need to get enough protein and fat. Any surplus calories can just come from fat already on me since im kinda chub.
>>
>>42438330
Skim milk is fine. You can put a small banana or 1/2, and it greatly improves the taste, but Idk how many calories you want in your shake.
>>
>>42438357
just whatever's in the whey, plus maybe at most 100 calories
>>
>>42438330
btw, why are you eating that much protein on 2000 kcals? what are your stats? height, weight, etc?
>>
>>42438330
230g a day

Hope you are roiding and cutting.
>>
File: wpid-big-arms-skinny-legs1.jpg (21KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-big-arms-skinny-legs1.jpg
21KB, 400x575px
>>42438330
Use water with whey. Just add an extra scoop, what's the worst that could happen, Anon?
>>
>>42438330
add ice to make it frothy and delicious.
>>
>>42438659
6'1", 255 lbs, ~20% body fat

Right now, I'm trying to just grow my upper body so it's symmetrical to my legs. I used to be a lot fatter (~35%, 260), so my legs are asymmetrically strong compared to everything else
>>
>>42438330
>milk in my protein shakes
>milk
enjoy your cancer
>230g protein/day
you don't need it. No, you're not a special snowflake.
>whey
hemp, pea and rice isolated proteins in plain water, unsweetened coffee or even soups will be better for your goals
>almond milk
almonds don't produce milk unless you're activating them. you're literally drinking sweetened water
>>
>>42438402
>thinking you can make a shake with anything under 500 calories

Dude, come on. You have to eat BIG to get BIG.

Oats, peanut butter, banana, whole milk.

The only whey to go. You're losing a lot of your protein intake anyway because the human body doesn't work like supp companies want you to think.

If you were hitting 250g@ 3000 calories, I wouldn't tell you about how you're fucking up because your body could actually process all of it
>>
>>42438865
how do you measure your bf?

And It's impossible that with that weight/height you can "lean bulk" at 2000 calories. A bulk is a surplus of your TDEE.

I used this page: http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
I used 25 years old and with the 1.2 multiplier (Sedentary lifestyle,etc).
And using the Katch-McArdle formula (that I think it's the most accurate if you have your BF), your TDEE is 2843.
At 2000 kcalories a day you atr fucking cutting by at least 800 kcals. That's not a "lean bulk".
>>
>>42438330

Use either skim milk, tastes almost the same as whole milk in the shake, or mix the milk with water, if you can't stand 100% water. Try different milk to water ratios, start off by 50:50, in decrease the amount of milk and increase the amount of water from there during further iterations.
>>
>>42438330
Unsweetened almond milk has about half the calories as regular milk. It works well for shakes but doesn't have much protein. You could add a little more whey to account for the protein you used to get from the milk and still come out ahead calorie-wise.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.