[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yoga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 20

File: macgregor_dwi_pada_sirsasana.jpg (27KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
macgregor_dwi_pada_sirsasana.jpg
27KB, 402x604px
Yoga thread.

Just started yoga and discovered I'm a lot less flexible than I thought I was. The stretching feels good, man.

Who is your favorite youtube yogi?
Do you do yoga at home, or at a gym?

I'm checking out the Down Dog app now, looks pretty legit. Thoughts?

Pic related, Queen Kino
>>
How did you get over the hole stupid ass hippie and hipster shit?

Heard good things about Yoga, but all the folks doing it are either some disgusting hipsters or some smelly hippies with retarded ideas about how the world supposedly works.
>>
>>42436999
Yeah, I'm not sure about that one.

OP here, I'm doing yoga mostly to compliment BJJ. My friend does yoga and claims it really improved his BJJ, flexibility, etc. And my body feels tight as fuck, and needs to loosen up.

The only other person I know who does yoga is a basic bitch Indian girl who keeps telling me I have to do Sun Salutations facing East... Like, bitch it doesn't fucking matter. "Yes it does!!"
>>
>>42436953
5 Parks does a tremendous diversity of classes catering to many skill levels with lots of options for how long you have available to work out. Plus Erin is a total cutie and I wanna pinch that butt.

I do yoga at home 1 to 3 days per week. Very flexible and in very good shape because of it - supplements a very cardio-heavy workout schedule,

I know nothing about DD app but you'll benefit from including asana sequences into your workout schedule pretty much no matter what your goals are.
>>
>>42437030
No fucking clue what asana is, but I'll check out 5 Parks.
>>
File: phatttbar65lbs.jpg (16KB, 800x360px) Image search: [Google]
phatttbar65lbs.jpg
16KB, 800x360px
>>42436953
I just use a spikey ball and a foam roller -- either green level, or black level.
I also stretch every muscle and hang upside down once a week.
I don't need this fool pretzel logic position.

>squatty potty ?
>>
>>42437025
It matters which direction you face if you do YOGA because yoga is a wholistic spiritual practice, to which the sun is integral. But if you're just doing the asanas (postures) in sequence or by themselves you can probably argue that you've extracted the phisicality from the practice, and are not spiritual at all so which direction you face is irrelevant in that case.
>>
>>42437048
Asanas are the postures, vinyasas are the sequences of postures (this is not quite a complete explanation but is close enough).
>>
File: yoga-with-adriene-square1.jpg (110KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
yoga-with-adriene-square1.jpg
110KB, 600x420px
I liked Yoga with Adriene for getting started. Her 30 days off beginners yoga is a great place to begin. Don't be afraid to stay on one day's video for an extra day off you're struggling.

Plus, she's a qt3.14, so that helps
>>
File: 74663492.jpg (33KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
74663492.jpg
33KB, 500x377px
>>42437049
A lot of athletes and body builders swear by yoga. Enjoy your zero flexibility and stiffness.
>>
>>42436953
The Down Dog app is totally legit, I use it when I'm out of town away from the studio and the advanced asana flows make me sweat like a mother fucker.
I've been going several times a week for about 18 months now and I can easily say that I'm the most flexible and mobile of all my male friends by a wide margin. And I started out being tight as fuck in the hips. I still can't get anywhere near full lotus, and I think it's because I was pigeon toed as a kid and was put in corrective casts which apparently fucked my hip flexors to oblivion.
I fucking hate jewtube so I don't know anything about those vids.
>>
>>42437081
She talks too much and gets mad annoying.
>>
>>42436953
Wew that camel toe
>>
>>42437086
Sweet, that's awesome to hear, I'm gonna stick to the app then.
>>
I want to get mad good at yoga mad fast.

Can I do 2 sessions a day, every day?
>>
>>42437138
You have the wrong attitude about yoga. Wtf do you even mean when you say "mad good"?
>>
yoga is fucking gay

if your goal is flexibility then just do your stretches and don't attach this stupid fucking "happy spiritual relaxation" bullshit to it
>>
>>42437162
You don't think you can be "good" at yoga?
>>
Just a remark: if you are doing strength training you better not to yoga.
You'll make yourself more injury prone.

Do your mobility stuff, not more.
>>
>>42437178
Sure, but just stretching isn't targeting all areas of your body and spine like yoga does.
>>
File: 1488562310292.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1488562310292.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>42437193
maybe you should choose better stretches then
>>
>>42437198
Like yoga stretches?
>>
>>42437193
"yoga" is just a fancy stretching meme to better appeal Stacy and Jennifer; and it's not even that optimal. Learn to fucking stretch.
>>
>>42437193
his point is not that the stretches that practicers do are stupid, it's that the spiritual emphasis of yoga is stupid. if all you do are the asanas you're technically not doing yoga, you're just stretching and holding.
>>
>>42436953

honestly this is the average sort of girl i wish i had been having one night stands with in college

nothing really noteworthy about her but it would be a good night of feeling like you're normal. i'd almost rather bang her than someone objectively prettier because at that point you're like "ok you're banging me but you're out of my league, what's your angle"

with this girl you're like "ok shes just horny like me, we're both average. cool"

anyway whats this thread about?
>>
I do Kino Yoga's stuff. Powerful weapon for health, flexibility and to fight my depression.
>>
EVERYONE READ THIS:
postures and sequences done during yogic practices are not yoga, they are just a part of yoga. as a whole yoga includes things like meditation, fasting, prayer, stretching and postures, and a life philosophy. If you don't adopt the *whole thing* you're not doing yoga, you're just doing the one aspect of it; in the typical Western sense of the word, just the stretching and postures, which by all reasonable arguments should be called just that - "stretching and postures".
>>
>>42437215
Yoga is literally the ancient pajeet Sanskrit word for "physical discipline". It's not inherently religious nor does it pretend to be anything other than exercises to loosen your hammies, back, quads, etc. Fucking Western roasties and the British Jew just took it and packaged it into a meme for the rest of us.

If you've got a stretch / balance routine that you run regularly, you're doing yoga on the traditional sense. If you're following some pajeet Jew in a $300/lesson program with incense, candles, and the gnesh elephant in the background, then your doing westernized yoga and you're probably a DYEL woman
>>
https://www.flowgrade.de/en/blog/why-powerlifters-shouldnt-do-yoga-flowgrade-show-episode-33-with-dr-stuart-mcgill/
>>
>>42437329
>https://www.flowgrade.de/en/blog/why-powerlifters-shouldnt-do-yoga-flowgrade-show-episode-33-with-dr-stuart-mcgill/
>w/ Stuart McGill
Well shit, I guess it's not just a meme then.
>>
>>42437358
It isn't, but remember: just because you do some 315 lbs deadlifts you are not a PL.
What he references as PL are actual athletes that take it to a serious level.

I don't think it applies to casuals.
>>
>>42437379
That's fair, I'm watching it now and I was getting that impression.

So I guess then, how do you balance it? If I want to be able to touch my toes but also do strong DL, like he uses as an example, where exactly is the balance point between flexibility and strength that allows your back to be hard, but also soft enough to be flexible?

Or should I just give up and wait for an organic robo-body?
>>
>>42436953
I stretch every day, usually twice, and I've started to notice the meditative aspect of it. Would really like to look into yoga but I'm also not a dirty hippie or believe in world peace. Basically this >>42436999
>>
>>42437178
Nothing wrong with relaxation and meditating. It doesn't have to be religious and you don't need to believe in spirits or energies or whatever nonsense. It's good for your mental health to relax and quiet down every once in a while and that's according to western medicine, not some indian god.
>>
>>42437398
Idk mate.
I feel like maintaining a I-can-touch-my-toes level of flexibility shouldn't be harmful considering how casual that is.
Just don't go full subtle leopard I'd say.

Anyhow stretching your hams shouldn't include your spine at all - lay down on your back and stretch them with a band around your foot, reaching for your toes stretches your lower back and is shit.
>>
>>42437255
No one gives a shit pajeet. I'll do what I want and call it what I want, are you gonna call the cultural appropriation police on me?
>>
>>42437329
>“Couch potatoes never have back pain, it’s so unfair.” – Dr. Stuart McGill
That's just so completely inaccurate I stopped reading there. When I had a rough patch in my life and stopped exercising my back and neck were always sore. Two years back on the wagon (I mean the gym, I was never an alcoholic) and I haven't experienced any pain aside from perfectly normal muscle soreness. My nerd friends bitch about their necks and blame it on everything in the world except their lack of physical fitness. My neck is never sore anymore and I never have headaches either.
>>
>>42437447
This.

OP here, I only called it "yoga" because everyone knows that I meant "stretching and poses for strength, flexibility, etc"

If I said "Asana thread" no one would reply.
>>
>>42436999
For me there was nothing to get over. My doing the same activity as someone I don't like reflects on me in no way at all. Indeed there is enough free yoga on the internets now that one doesn't have to take part in the social aspect of it at all, though there are shitloads of smoking hot women at IRL yoga classes that a /fit/ man can make runs on if he so desires.

And I used to so desire, until I married one.

>>42437081
My wife does her yoga and digs the shit out of it. I join her here and there but she isn't really my style.

>>42436953
Depending on what I feel like doing, I'll either load up a Yoga by Candace (she is also a 3.14) or a YRG which is done by Diamond Dallas Fucking Page.
>>
>>42437399
What's wrong with world peace? You're the problem, faggot.
>>
How long will it take someone inflexible to do the splits, does it hurt your balls if you do them?
>>
>>42437512
>My doing the same activity as someone I don't like reflects on me in no way at all.
Not the guy replying to but it's not that. I want to learn about yoga but I don't want to listen to that shit. I don't care about my image or whatever, I just don't want to listen to it.
>>
>>42437521
You're reading this message I typed on the other side of the world and transfered to you near-instantaneously because of explotation of others. Europeans (Americans count as Europeans in this context) didn't achieve their global dominance by acting nice to others. They did it with force and ruthlessness. If we didn't make weaker civilizations slave away in their iron mines or sweat shops we couldn't have the lifestyles we're accustomed to. There has to be a loser before there can be a winner.
>>
How often is too often in terms of stretching?
>>
File: 1398768818617.jpg (80KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1398768818617.jpg
80KB, 640x640px
>>42437255
>If you don't adopt the *whole thing* you're not doing yoga,
Cool your jets, amigo. I think you're getting far too lost in maya there, I appreciate that you are trying to teach people that 'yoga' as a concept has a lot more depth to it than just physical stretching, but you seem to be forgetting that 'yoga' itself is just a conceptual idea, don't be so quick to set up boundaries of what 'is' and what 'is not', that is getting lost in the world of division.
We're all on a journey up the mountain, not everyone is going to climb so high up the path before they die, but that doesn't mean they aren't walking the path, if the only part of 'true' yoga the people in this thread ever include in their lives is the stretching and postures their life will be that much better for it, even just simply to focus on your breathing is yoga.
So let's turn off caps lock, pull up a zafu, have a smoke, and all enjoy this journey together.
>>
>>42437183
I think that you can get yourself into postures that others might struggle with, but that doesn't make you "good" at yoga. "Good" is a qualifier that doesn't apply to a mindful practice. You can do what you can do and you work to improve it, there is no "good".
>>
>>42437555
Times have changed. Things don't work like that anymore, nor do they need to work like that anymore.
>>
>>42436953
I've been wanting to try yoga AT HOME for ages but there's so much shit I literally have no idea where to start. I want to become like those assholes that do yoga in all those crazy positions, in one hand, turning their legs 90 degrees, shit like that. Like, "athletic yoga". Is that a term?

Anyway. Where do I start? Give me a youtube channel or a torrent pls.
>>
File: 1431553229012.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1431553229012.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>42437255
Who cares!? WE'RE FREAKS!!
>>
>>42437315
Yoga is purely physical in the literal sense, not the traditional sense. Those are different things.

>>42437506
Oh I know. I was making the point I made because that one guy with the Indian friend who called him out for not facing east when he does yoga is justified if he wants to call it yoga.

It's akin to somebody going around claiming to be a powerlifter just eating like a power lifter and not actually, having the right attitude or lifting any weights... Doing part of the discipline doesn't mean you're doing the discipline.
>>
>>42437235
Not your shit pasta, that's for fucking sure.
>>
>>42437600
OP and someone else in the thread recommended the Down Dog phone app.

Also Kino Yoga is p good
>>
>>42437600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN-FPh7r1yg
>>
>>42437569
There is no real amount. Consider that top gymnastic athletes and professional dancers will stretch pretty much all day every day, what's important is to ensure you're stretching safely, meaning properly warming up into the stretches, knowing your limits, knowing proper form and technique, understanding when to let different muscle groups and joints rest. I'm a qualified personal trainer and I've spent my entire life in and out of different gyms practicing a variety of martial arts, so I've had the benefit of stretching with a lot of different instructors, that's the best way to learn any sort of physical technique, like a wandering fucking monk learning from the different teachers you meet across the land, if you're only learning from shit you've read online you'll never have your mistakes corrected.
>>
>>42437571
I was just trying to draw attention to the post.

People who want to do only the asanas and vinyasas aren't wrong or bad to adopt that practice. They're just technically not doing yoga.
>>
>>42437594
No they haven't. Everyoke likes to think their age is unique, this idea is not original nor is it in any way specific to our time. "Times have changed" is a mantra repeated since people learnt to write down their history, yet the same basic principles have always applied.

The methods in which we exploit others have changed, you're right about that, but the core relationship between the exploited and the exploitees hasn't.
>>
>>42437049
Foam rolling isn't close to the same thing
>>
>>42437632
I disagree, and think you're stuck in an outdated way of thinking.
>>
>>42437624
Thanks
>>
>>42436953
lol look at her stupid cunt
>>
>>42436999
Why do you care who else is doing yoga? Aside from the fact that you can just go to a class and ignore everyone else, you could do yoga privately in your own home and never tell a soul about it.

Stop letting other people dictate what you do with your life. What a petty and juvenile way to go about things.
>>
>>42437646
What exactly has outdated it? You're offering nothing to back up your own claims, just repeating catchy slogans.

What if child labour or sweat shops stopped existing in Asia? Price of all consumer electronics in Europe would go up. I would either have less things or less free time. My quality of life would go down, because someone else's went up.
>>
>>42437691
You're missing the point. I have to listen to an instructor regardless if I'm at home or in a class. It has nothing to do with how other people see me or who I'm associated with. I've yet to see a yoga instructor that doesn't push his own world view while oeganizing the class and if I'm not mistaken that's what they're supposed to do since it is a part of yoga.
>>
>>42437661
for correcting your mistakes?
>>
>>42437691
If anyone else is doing yoga i'm going to flip the fuck out
>>
>>42437624
I understand your point but I don't see what it has to do with the internet. It's not like online there's only one consensus on how to do things.
>>
>>42437731
>I've yet to see a yoga instructor that doesn't push his own world view while oeganizing the class

Lmao, i've been to like seven yoga instructors and none of them have ever done that. I'm guessing you've never done yoga and that you're probably some triggered /pol/tard relying on unfounded memes about how the world works.
>>
>>42437774
>I agree with what he says therefore he doesn't say it
Solid logic there pajeet
>>
>>42437329
>>42437379

Ok so he's talking about high-level professional power lifters right? I try and lift three times a week and lately I've started incorporation bikram (hot yoga) once a week. Is this still potentially harmful, or not so much if I'm just doing standard PPL hypertrophy lifting?
>>
>>42437851
No, i mean i've shown up to many yoga classes over the years and typically the instructor just tells everyone to sit down and relax and tells us how to do the first of many stretches. I've never, ever seen an instructor "push his own worldview" or do/say anything that could be construed as promoting anything other than relaxation and proper stretching form.

I can tell you've never been to yoga. That's fine but it doesn't make any sense to lie about it.
>>
>>42437774
While I agree that the vast majority of my instructors have never done this the one or two that do are utterly fucking insufferable and I will go to extraordinary lengths to avoid anything and everything they do because they use the class as a goddamn soapbox to preach about their ideology as though if you don't follow it to the letter you're an incomplete human and are missing out on life. Bitch I just want to breath, meditate, and do arm balances, fuck off with your pedantic nonsense.
>>
>>42436953
Is there a higher resolution photograph so I may properly inspect her labia majora? Thanks gym friends!
>>
>>42437896
I haven't lied. I thought I was clear I would want to get into yoga, but this is what's holding me back. I have looked at some youtube channels where they teach you to do it at home but
A. I don't believe it's as effective as the real thing
B. the ones I've seen keep coming back to the "spiritual side" which I have no problem with in theory if it just meditation but it's always the equality unity hippie crap

You admitted this too, if by accident. Why would a "poltard" get "triggered" if there was nothing involved that would trigger a "poltard"? I don't think neo nazis hating stretching is a stereotype.
>>
>>42437936
Yes, I have various resolutions of the photograph but posted one of the lower resolution versions because I didn't want to tax the 4chan servers. I'll attach a better quality one to this post unless I forget.
>>
>>42436953

I have tried something called PiYo recently, it's a hybrid of pilates and yoga in case you can't tell. It's very good at stretching out muscles which in turn improves my recovery so that i'm able to be be back to full strength sooner.

I've found it very beneficial, and would recommend it to anyone who's into fitness
>>
>>42438024
Okay, thanks mister!
>>
>>42437732
For the answer
>>
>>42436953

Flow With Adee has some great practices. She also has my ideal body type, so its nice to look at, too.
>>
File: IMG_2221.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2221.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>42436953

Found yoga to be difficult and more physically intensive than Id like it to be. I went through a class and by the end I was slipping all over my mat/wood floor because im a naturally sweaty as fuck mofo... I found a private qi gong instructor in his mid 70s and had been doing that 3 times a week minimum all of last year.. got off the train after moving away from my master and coincidentally have had more injuries/physical problems than I did past year. Recently took up stretching post cardio pre lifting and it seems to help reedtablish the balance.

For any fat/immobile fucks who cant into yoga, look into qi gong. Its the root of tai chi and you learn more gentle movements and breathing techniques vs putting your body in strange positions.
>>
>>42437704
>just repeating catchy slogans.

Which is exactly what you are doing to justify your own side...
>>
>>42437962
>Why would a "poltard" get "triggered" if there was nothing involved that would trigger a "poltard"?

Because /pol/tards are stupid? The implication was that you're speaking on an area in which you have little to no experience and are therefore relying on incomplete information at best. It's pretty obvious you're a /pol/tard because of the way you'd let some incorrectly perceived notion of "unity" stop you from doing something you'd otherwise do, so no, there was no admission of anything.
>>
>>42437644
>>42437082

How is yoga superior in any way as a way of stretching?

I much rather and think the stretching gymnasts do or shaolin monks practice is far better and yields much better acquisitons relevant to our lifestyle as active beings.
>>
>>42438172
No I'm not. I'm giving you the logic behind my argument and concrete examples from the real world. You're literally only saying "that's not true anymore" and providing no reasoning or logic or examples behind that.
>>
>>42438183
>the way you'd let some incorrectly perceived notion of "unity" stop you from doing something you'd otherwise do
So if you went to a yoga lesson and the instructor kept going on about his theory on eugenics and the superiority of the white man inbetween the poses you'd keep going there? Because hey it's just words you aren't stupid enough to let something like that stop you from doing something you otherwise would, right?
>>
>>42438355
The point is neither example happens with any regularity, and your belief to the contrary is based on nothing other than your preconceived sheltered poltard notions.
>>
>>42438648
No, it's based on the youtube yoga instructors I saw. Regardless of that I was originally asking whether that is a common occurance were I to sign up for a class, not claiming it to be so.
>>
File: Kino-MacGregor-010.jpg (327KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Kino-MacGregor-010.jpg
327KB, 800x1200px
>>42437936
Not same image, but same girl
>>
>>42438678
Whatever you say friend. Have a nice day.
>>
File: one leg crow copy 2.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
one leg crow copy 2.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I've read some of the most retarded shit in this thread

>2017
>not joining a yoga studio
>not realizing that yoga is more about strength than it is flexibility
>not being able to actually have an active hobby in common with females
>not working out shirtless in front of young qt3.14s while they mire your gains
>not gaining flexibility and functional strength
>not connecting to your breathe
>not gaining awareness and increasing your dhrana
>not increasing your capacity for intimacy
>not increasing your confidence
>not increasing your presence

it's like none of you want to make it

t. 21 year old male yoga instructor, pic related
>>
>>42438864
What a bunch of bullshits.
>>
>>42438864
whoops its spelt dharana
>>
>>42437081
Love Yoga with Adriene, she is super dorky, but it grew on me and now I love her bad jokes. Plus, she has really good videos, both shorter and longer for whatever you're feeling. I think she just started doing some more Pranayama as well?
>>
>>42437704
Or instead, CEOs would reduce their salary to keep the price of consumer goods down, so people would actually buy them.

If they let the price of their goods go up, and no one buys them, they would be out of business.

The only logical thing for them to do is to cut back on their own ridiculous multi million dollar salaries.
>>
>>42438887

not an argument lol
>>
>>42437583
Are you retardexd, you fucking hippie?

Yoga is just calisthenics for health and about 100 years old. The spiritual bullshit got added later by idiotic hippies and Indians who wanted to make a quick buck.

Unless you talk about the original Yoga, which just has Lotos position and such thing and is only meditation.
>>
File: jesuit cong fu.jpg (12KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
jesuit cong fu.jpg
12KB, 278x181px
>>42438128
Qigong is Yoga. Ever wondered where the word Kung Fu comes from?

It's from when the Jesuits were in China and researched their medicine. What they brought back is now easily identified as Qi Gong, even though they called it "Cong Fou" (they were French) and it's really just Yoga.
>>
>>42439123

whoops you forgot a 0 it's actually thousands of years old

but yeah I get ur point it didn't get really organized until just a couple centuries ago

literally how the human body is *designed* to move lol
>>
>>42436953
Yoga is the third world's pilates
>>
>>42439123
The spiritual bullshit got added later by idiotic hippies and Indians who wanted to make a quick buck.

Unless you talk about the original Yoga, which just has Lotos position and such thing and is only meditation.

the physical movments where designed to make the body subtle and strong for medition so the spiritual bullshit didnt come after
>>
Stupid women fell for the yoga health meme. The original creators made this to compliment the kama sutra so they could bang their bitches in new and wonderful positions.
>>
>>42439526
yoga was alredy in place before the karma sutra, the karma sutra was concived from the carving and scultures on temples in parts of india that depicted unusual sexual positions
>>
>>42439552
Suuuure

Found the bimbo who fell for the meme
>>
>>42437608
Where do i find more pics of this gal?
>>
I use this app call Pocket Yoga found on the app store. I usually do the Beginners Ocean for 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes are done, I finish with the Chakrasana. It's really good for your back. All the ladies go, "Ohhh."

Please confirming I'm an asshole.
>>
File: 1499530653856.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1499530653856.png
45KB, 778x512px
>>42436953
giv pufy puss
>>
>yoga threads
a new low, even for /fit/
what's next, zumba threads in place of cardio ones?
just learn to fucking stretch FFS
>>
I have hypermobility, is there any point to yoga when I already have the mobility these people have lol?
>>
>>42436953
yoga has nothing to do with stretching, this is just stretching
>>
File: 1501380185165.jpg (84KB, 1000x639px) Image search: [Google]
1501380185165.jpg
84KB, 1000x639px
Happy that this thread is here. I'm new to stretching and I have a question. When you do the pike stretch do you flex your quads? My knees hyperextend and I noticed I've been doing it with relaxed quads. pls help
>>
>>42437082
This, I had a dance teacher in highschool who was a Yoga instructor for the Colts when they were still in Baltimore.
>>
>>42440426
Yoga is about strength, control, and flexibility. So yes.
>>
File: 1501376964160.jpg (388KB, 1163x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1501376964160.jpg
388KB, 1163x1300px
>>42440657
That guy has to be a troll.. Do you think it's possible for a grown man to be mobile without ever using the full range of motion.. I doubt he can do a pike or a split.
>>
>>42438198
>How is yoga superior in any way as a way of stretching?

If you're looking at it as a pure mobility routine then it isn't. What yoga does is offer a completeness, which you can absolutely get from other forms of practice like shaolin, but the point is to be meditative, to look within yourself, to focus on your breathing and to be still in your asanas. Yeah you can get these from other practices, you can get them yourself just by sitting still in your living room. Yoga is just a convenient way for normies like me to not only get a sweat on, but to focus internally and take an hour or so out of your day to lose yourself in the movements.
>>
>>42438681
Her eyes don't smile along with her mouth. That makes me uncomfortable.
>>
>>42440766
No, of course not. He only thinks he is. He'll start by trying to work other aspects of fitness but once he starts actually working his mobility he'll notice how immobile he actually is, thus realizing the full benefits of yoga. But I didn't want to criticize him because then he'll feel like he needs to justify himself instead of agreeing with me.
>>
>>42438887
>I am unaware of the benefits of physical exercise and meditation: the post
>>
>>42439123
Be as angry as you want, my point still stands. You aren't "good" at yoga, nobody is. Those of us who practice do it for self-improvement and self-awareness, something that I would expect a person browsing a fitness board to understand. But since /fit/ is 80% shitposting, 10% >tfw no gf, and maybe 5% fitness related with some random stuff thrown in I shouldn't be surprised. I hope you find peace within yourself.

Namaste
>>
>>42440346
>t. never attended a yoga class with a competent instructor
>>
>>42440513
Yes, when you engage in hyperextended positions like the ones in your pic you must always have your muscles engaged, otherwise you're just reaming on your ligaments without any support and that will fuck you in the long term.
>>
>>42440882
>>42440927
>I need "yoga" to perform physical exercise and/or meditate
>implying "yoga" classes aren't 101 stretching for dummies
Pathetic.
>>
>>42439474
Highlight-quoting is auto-greentexting.
>>
File: 1501377181983.jpg (431KB, 834x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1501377181983.jpg
431KB, 834x1600px
>>42440945
Thanks. Btw I've heard that when you do a handstand in yoga, you relax your shoulders. There were some gymnasts bashing it, saying yoga is great except for the handstands.
>>
>>42440966
>I've never attended a proper, meditative yoga class in my life
>ergo I can shit on those who do because projection is fun

Projecting is fun, but it doesn't get past those of us who do the hobby properly. You're like a DYEL lecturing a powerlifter on proper form.
>>
>>42436953
Imagine fucking her in that position
>>
>>42441010
I wouldn't know, I haven't yet progressed to the level of handstands as my balance is lacking as well as an old rotator cuff injury that really drags me down. So I can't tell you. As far as I can tell I'm at least six months to a year away from being able to maintain a handstand. My headstands and arm balances however are very strong, and I've had power yoga teachers ask me if I used to be a gymnast. Those asanas are unrelated however.
>>
File: 1478862837872.jpg (31KB, 598x448px) Image search: [Google]
1478862837872.jpg
31KB, 598x448px
>>42441052
>trust me, I'm a yogi lecturing "proper meditative yoga class" on 4chins
>Projecting is fun
Utterly pathetic.
>>
>>42441116
Type another response to this, I like picturing the stubby fat pads you like to call fingers desperately working through the caked on layers on cheeto dust telling me that I'm pathetic for engaging in a hobby that I genuinely enjoy and find satisfaction in.

Really, type out "pathetic" again, it will make me smile :)
>>
>>42436953
This shit actually requires a fuck ton of strength.
>>
>>42441146
>I'll write another ennui pamphlet
Beyond pathetic. You had better take the advice and quit posting for a while. "Projecting is fun" seems too much your mantra.
>>
>>42441244
Yay, you did it again! That's a hat trick already, care to go for four? I especially like your use of the term "ennui pamphlet", as though using vaguely obscure terms will reinforce your point. Come on, "pathetic" for four, I believe in you anon! You can do it!
>>
>>42441305
not even him now, but you're embarassing
>>
>>42441311
The (you) you have provided is delicious, now fuck off.
>>
>>42441305
>I'll shitpost over and over to reinforce my projection!
Here you go, you're past the point of no return. Better do some more "meditation classes" and ask your meditation guru to salvage you from the Pathetic Pit
>>
>>42441346
Cry harder, faggot
>>
>>42441352
And you capitalized it for emphasis! That's really the last straw, I guess you won this round, anonymous internet user.
>>42441359
Sure, want me to catch the tears in a cup so you can drink them?
>>
>>42436953
Yoga is dope. Don't listen to the faggots.
>>
>>42441375
>I guess you won this round,
there was no fight, you're the one who started biting (despite your special classes full of meditation and introspection), denying factual reality and projecting strawmen. Your wandering for (You)s is terrible, you should really stop posting and start questioning your life decisions a little.
Here's another PATHETIC so you feel accomplished.
>>
>>42441451
I do, I do! And this one is in allcaps! Anon you really are too kind, now fuck off to your hovel and die like the rat you are.
>>
>>42441478
>now fuck off to your hovel and die like the rat you are.
spoken lie a true yogi.
>>
>>42441478
>die like the rat you are
>>42441346
>fuck off
it seems you have temper issues anon. Have you tried meditation?
>>
>>42441375
>want me to catch the tears in a cup so you can drink them?
it would be very kind of you
>>
>>42441516
>>42441503
>>42441498
Best (you) score I've had in a while. Cheers fellas, I've had a shitty week and that was very cathartic. I'm sorry that I took out my anger on you, but apparently it's unhealthy to do so with your loved ones (family and friends and such).

Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, thanks for playing. No more troll from me.
>>
Yoga is good for you...
If you can't train late because your body is full of energy (high heart rate/ tension), yoga is the solution, at least the breathing part. It helps to cool down and make for a better recovery.
Asanas helps for muscular recup' and flexibility.
Yoga helps a lot when you're injured. You learn moves and posture that helps to get active again faster, especially for combat sport injuries.
>>
>Who is your favorite youtube yogi?

Sarahbethyoga by far. She explains everything really well, is hot as fuark, can do all kinds of complicated shit. I've been doing this stuff for over a year and I'm still nowhere near her level. even though the difference from where I started is huge. She also focuses on the relaxation/meditation aspect of yoga in her routines a little bit, which feels really good. I like her routines for flexibility, deep hip opening, low back pain, sore wrists. If you wanna see some complicated stuff, try her crow flow routine or detox routine.
>>
Anyone else get nauseous when doing yoga? I never do well inverted or inclined, so I usually can't get through yoga routines because I get sick. Will that go away with repetition?
>>
>>42436999
My dad is a ripped old soviet Russian.
He does yoga every day since he's 40.

Is the probably the fittest 60 year old in the company he works.

Also he gave me his awesome manly genetics. Suck that im female.

to; dr
My dad is a badass shredded dude with heavy accent.
He loves yoga.
>>
>>42438059
nice ass
>>
>>42438059
Why do women work out in underwear?
>>
>>42437608
I want my gf to start doing this...
>>
>>42438864
Anons right, but you still must transend therez desires. Become one with everything.
>>
>>42438681
I'm noticing a camel toe theme that I like in this thread
>>
>>42442646

Clicks
>>
>>42436953
I don't do yoga, but if I did, I would do it at home, on account that I don't want to look like a faggot in public. If I'm gonna start looking like I get to choose my pronounce, go on cleanses and recycle, I'm going to do that in the safety of my own home.
>>
So whats a good yoga to do?
>>
>>42442594
Auckland?
>>
>>42436953
I use downdog I just set it for 15 minutes and go.
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.