[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rip Gains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: sports-injury-2.jpg (44KB, 412x232px) Image search: [Google]
sports-injury-2.jpg
44KB, 412x232px
>Tore my hamstring so can't do legs
>Injured right shoulder so can't do upper body
What is even the point in life if you can't keep /fit/
>>
I've lifted for a few years now. I got some tears when I started out, but that taught me how to properly avoid most kinds of tears:

1. Do a proper "generalized" full-body warm-up. That means ~10 minutes of light cardio at the start of each workout session. I prefer the erg due to it's full-body effect and low impact.

2. Do light stretching of the affected joints. If I'm going to to OHP I use a wooden staff and do basic mobility exercises with it. I do "circular shrugs" for shoulder warm-up when starting DL sets.

3. Include exercise-specific warm-ups, so if I'm going to do deadlifts I could start with 0pl8 DL's 1x10, then 1x8 1pl8, 1x6 2pl8 and do progressive pyramiding upwards.

4. Do highly controlled and somewhat slow repetitions, to avoid sudden sharp forces to the musculature and ligaments. When I lose proper form, I also cut down on load.

5. Make use of "active rest" in-between sets, so I do the exact same kind of movement for 1x10 or so with an extremely low load - or I do a slightly higher load but through a muscle antagonist. For DL's, I can do DL's in-between new 1RM attempts with an empty bar. This helps clear lactic acid buildup, and keeps you warm.

6. Do slow progressions in terms of overload. I increase load almost every session (except for occasional deloading), but only by a few lbs. This gives the tissues time to adapt to the additional force.

Relevant studies:
"Effects of general, specific and combined warm-up on explosive muscular performance"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4447757/

"The Effect of Active Recovery on Power Performance During the Bench Press Exercise"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4096096/

"Passive versus active recovery during high-intensity intermittent exercises"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14767255

"Effect of combined active recovery from supramaximal exercise on blood lactate disappearance in trained and untrained man."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16320173
>>
>>42433932
ever heard of surgery?

no one said this road would be full of violets and roses. It's hard not being average, that's why it's called NOT BEING AVERAGE.
>>
hey anon
>three torn ligaments in right knee
>severe wrist pains that limit me from doing heavy lifting, suspected tendon injuries
its all about finding what doesnt hurt. for me, i cant do leg-related lifts, but i can still go for long ass hikes (provided i pace myself and be gentle on my right leg) so thats how i maintain legs. for upper body, i cant lift very heavy weights due to risk of further injury so i lift lighter weights that dont hurt at all with higher rep count. your gains will suffer, but it is better to make the best of what you have rather than sit in your room and be sad about the right now. future you will thank you for it :)
>>
>>42434240
damn dude, thanks for the info. #5 is especially interesting
>>
File: endme.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
endme.gif
2MB, 250x188px
got thrown off my dirt bike and fucked my back real bad, been 2 months and i still have pain daily, hurts to take deep breaths still

i miss being healthy and strong, now i can't even do a pullup, my back feels like it's going to snap when i do deadlifts and squats

injury coping/acceptance thread?
>>
>>42435020
I think you should probably go to the doctor if the pain lasts 2 months, mate.
>>
>>42435020
Amen anon.

Motocrossing is the most painful fucking sport ever. People who master this live in a constant agony for the first two years of doing it.
>>
>>42434725
cheers
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.