[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT - skellymode edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 47

File: qtd.jpg (122KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
qtd.jpg
122KB, 999x624px
Reminder that we're all going to make it
>>
Cold or hot therapy for joint paint (shoulder and knee)?
>>
File: body.png (1MB, 1148x940px) Image search: [Google]
body.png
1MB, 1148x940px
What should I be working on with pic related? Have restarted stronglifts three times over the last 1 1/2 years due to semester breaks and diet but now I have a home gym as well (uni in diff state) am restarting stronglifts with no intention of fucking up again
>>
>>42431475
Pain*
>>
When I squat, I really only feel my right quad and a little bit of my right glute activating. I try to push with the same force in both legs, but I feel like my left side never really does much. What do?
>>
File: IMG_0437.jpg (262KB, 869x943px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0437.jpg
262KB, 869x943px
>>42431460
I lost all strength in the middle of my workout and couldn't even do a push up
How do I prevent this in the future
>>
File: sadfasd.png (86KB, 218x274px) Image search: [Google]
sadfasd.png
86KB, 218x274px
I got deep calf pain, i feel the most after squatting.

What could be the reason?

>pic related, it's kinda hard to tell where it hurts because it extends a lot
>>
>go to sleep at 9pm
>wake up at 1 and for some reason am restless so can't sleep again till 3:30
>wake up for good at 11am, tired and automatically pessimistic

How to fix this lads?
>>
>>42431515
Dont train to failure
>>
File: 1501052604812.jpg (17KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1501052604812.jpg
17KB, 326x326px
The gym at my university will be closed for who knows how long due to maintenance. At the moment, I can't afford a gym membership. However, I do have in my house a set of 35lb dumbbells. What can I do with those in the meantime?
>>
Is whey protein a good idea? Does it actually provide any benefits? Should I be taking it?
>>
>>42431574
literally the same movements you were doing at the gym, but replace em with the dumbbells?
>>
is a routine that's
>one core compound movement, and around 3-5 accessories/isolations
>5 days a week, Mday - Fday
>Upper body, Lower Body, Upper, Lower, and finally Upper again
a good idea? seems to me it's not enough volume and not a good idea to say, squat/deadlift once per weak nor is it a good idea to do back stuff like lats/rows the day before/after doing shoulder work with OHP and delt isolation
but I don't really know what else to do. I can't do full body 3x a week since it takes too long and I don't think I can just do two compound and actually get stronger
should I switch to a popular PPL/UL split and be done with it?
>>
>>42431557
You sleep from 9pm to 11am?
>>
>>42431460
is 12%bf a good point to lean bulk?
>>
>>42431575
>Does it actually provide any benefits?
If you're not getting enough protein, then yes it is useful.

>Should I be taking it?
If you're not getting enough protein, yes
>>
My brother said I have to "rest" my muscles and can't workout every day or my muscles won't heal right.

All I do is squats, pushups, situps, and curls. Do I really need to take a whole day off if I'm sleeping between workouts?
>>
>>42431590
I tried to get to sleep early to wake up at a decent time (5-6am) but instead woke up at 8am, went back to sleep pretty much automatically and got up at 11. Shit's a mess
>>
>Do I really need to take a whole day off if I'm sleeping between workouts?

explain
>>
>>42431603
Try to stay up for 24hrs, then see if that helps ur sleep schedule imo
>>
>>42431617
>>42431601
>>
>>42431617
Between the hours of the day before I workout, and after, combined with my sleep time, isn't that enough time for my muscles to rest? I don't want to dedicate a whole day to not exercising, it feels like I am wasting the energy from all the food I eat.
>>
>>42431574
depends on what you want to work out?

If you have a bench, hell, even a cooler...or two chairs, you can do dumbbell chest presses, dumbell chest flys, dumbbell deadlifts, dumbbell squats, dumbbell lunges, different kind of curls for biceps, tricep workouts.

There are a bunch of things.
>>
File: katze.jpg (60KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
katze.jpg
60KB, 1014x1024px
>>42431585
But I'll be lifting the same weight for weeks
>>
>>42431640
I mean, if u arent sore and feel good, doing those few exercises shouldnt tax your body that much
>>
>>42431617
>>42431640
Basically what I'm asking is if this "rest day" thing is a meme or not.
>>
How to deal with post workout insomnia?
I did a pretty hard workout 8 hours ago and still cant sleep.
Did I overstimulate my CNS or some crazy shit likr that?
>>
what gym work can be done on rest days that doesn't risk hampering your work days. Casual working finding himself with nothing to do on days off.
>>
>>42431660
No it is not a meme, if you're actually pushing your body, then it needs to rest a lot.
>>
>>42431673
cardio

You could also try a 5 day routine?
>>
>>42431662
Nibba just close your eyes

Adrenaline is what pumps you like crazy but it doesn't last for 8 hours.

>>42431647
maybe focus on mobility?
try those calisthenics routines /fit/izens usually post
>>
When standing the only thing I can grab from my stomach is a bit of skin thats almsot non exis-tant
when sitting it's the same

how come my abs still are barely visible? even when sitting they pop out, if I flex or move a bit they also pop up
>>
>>42431623
I tried that all through last week (after a few times making it to 6-7am, deciding "i'll have a quick half hour nap" and going full nocturnal as a result) and eventually I managed to get it to work so weekend was a relatively normal time except I still kept waking up in the middle of the night. The waking in the middle of the night is the most annoying bit because I'm always wide/energetic for some reason and I can't get to sleep for hours
>>
>>42431707
That sucks. I have lots of fun just doing calisthenics, and life feels empty when I'm not doing that. Maybe it will be better when I start actually lifting weights and have more stuff to spread out over a schedule.
>>
>>42431644
>>42431738
I'll look into that, thanks brehs
>>
Hey /fit/, I was wondering if any of you had a decent bodyweight routine I could start with. Aside from not having the money for a gym, I also don't have any within a decent drive area that are open the times I would need to go.

I also kind want to develop the discipline to stick to a routine before I start spending money.

I've tried looking for something myself, but I can't easily discern what is actually proven and useful vs clickbait and meme workouts.
>>
>>42431760
what exactly is your complain
>>
>>42431791
>>42431791
https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
>>
Am I just weak? I've been doing SS for 5 months and my max squat is only 250lbs. My bench is only 150. My DL is 295.

I haven't eaten as much as SS says, since I don't want to be memed by it and become that one guy, but I was already skinnyfat. I'm 5'8 and 168lbs. I'm a guy and I can't progress on SS anymore. I just switched to TM and had my first volume day today, and I'm confident I can continue progressing under that, but I see threads about people who say 1/2/3/4 is easily achievable in 4-6 months

Am I just weak?
>>
>>42431826
im shredded as fuck and my abs are barely showing unless flexed, currently a buffier version of ottermode so im fucking tired of cutting and I got no clue if its lack of core exercises
makes me want to just bulk up and do abs every work out
>>
Hey guys, I've just recently started trying to get more fit. I'm between jobs and can't afford a gym membership, so I decided to start with some calisthenics until I can get a gym membership for weights.

I'm having an issue where, when I do push-ups, I don't feel them in my chest at all, they are almost entirely in my upper arms and a bit in my abs area. I asked a friend who works out to check my form and he thinks it's fine, but isn't sure why I wouldn't be feeling anything in my chest.

Anyone know why this might be?
>>
>>42431856
????

That is excellent progress on 5 months man
Don't believe what people here say, thats very good.
And yes, once you start stalling on SS it's time to change your routine because youre not a
beginner anymore
I can't tell if this is bait but w/e.
>>
>>42431865
Post pics and/or stats

If your abs are not showing then it either means you don't have low bf or they're not big enouch.
>>
How long should calf strain last? Its been a couple weaks now and the pain still hasn't gone away or diminished. Should I start worrying about a nerve being pinched?
>>
File: 1411404371008.png (272KB, 924x856px) Image search: [Google]
1411404371008.png
272KB, 924x856px
Anybody have any opinions on EC Stacking?
>>
>>42431875
Place your hands out wider.
>>
>>42431912
No, if its an actual strain then it can take months
Consider going with a physician
>>
>>42431882
It's not bait. I posted something pretty simmilar in a thread a few weeks ago and some anon began grilling me that the average time to get to 1/2/3/4 was only 3 or 4 months. Was I just being memed I guess? I'm bad at telling this stuff.
>>
>>42431921
I was under the impression you were only supposed to put your hands a little bit wider than shoulder width. Is this wrong?
>>
>>42431936
You got memed son, 1/2/3/4 takes quite a while.

Your stats are very nice tho
>>
File: 6ZewDIh.png (907KB, 776x552px) Image search: [Google]
6ZewDIh.png
907KB, 776x552px
>>42431954
Thanks, anon
>>
>>42431948
Just do it however feels more natural.

Try to focus on your chest when doing pushups
>>
I have long femurs and when I squat (low bar) I often feel the weight move forward of mid foot on the way up. Hips rise early and I have to pseudo-good morning the weight up. Also, as I get tired, I hesitate to sit back far enough because it feels like a weak position.
What do?
>>
>>42431995
You're ego lifting, lower the weight until your form isnt compromised
>>
File: IMG_20170807_230122.jpg (3MB, 2592x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170807_230122.jpg
3MB, 2592x4608px
>>42431928
It's so minor should I bother a physical therapist with it? It doesn't stop me from walking, but I have been resting it from the gym. It's been good for myself to, giving me time to get my life in order. Pic related is my jury rigged way to make icing it easier at home. Just using a belt that can be latched anywhere to fasten the pack to my calf so I can walk around the house with it.
>>
>>42431989
Ok cool, thanks anon.
>>
>>42431915
dude dont. if you want weight loss just have some discipline. dont hurt your body by being on fucking high doses of stimulants all day every day.
>>
>>42432017
I'm doing SS. I deloaded in today's workout because of feeling insecure about form and it was still bad. I don't know whether to deload more, or keep trying with the same weight.
Admittedly I looked mobility for squatting and stretched before working out, which I know you're not supposed to do, but I thought it could've solved it. It did help me go deeper, got ass DOMS now, but the good morning issue was still there
>>
>>42432065
Next workout try with the same weight you last did it with. If your form is still shit then deload
>>
>>42432020
Anything physical that prevents me from going to the gym is a major inconvenience, but thats just me
>>
>>42432103
Been needing a rest for some life reasons at home, so it has been welcomed. Gonna finish my cut. Currently 175 at 6'2 and I want to try and drop down to 160 to slim down the rest of the stubborn fat I have before I start a clean bulk up to not be a skelly.
>>
why do my shoulders pop when i do push ups?

i feel like i train my lats plenty, why can't i do wide grip pullups? chinups of any distance are pretty easy at this point

also when i do dips, my sternum hurts. why?
>>
>>42431591
Yes. Anything under 15% really. But 10% is optimal. Don't worry about all that, you need to think ahead months. If you want to gain, go and gain. You can get abs again down the road.
>>
I have

25 inch quads
16.5 inch calves
14 inch arms
12.5 inch forearms

Is this horrendously imbalanced?
My legs grow extremely fast even though I squat 235.
>>
how do I eat 3400 calories a day?
>>
>>42432148
Eat calorie dense foods
>>
>>42432153
can you plan all my meals and make a full grocery list for me please
>>
>>42432143
I forgot to mention I don't train calves either, I don't have the slightest clue why they grow
>>
File: 1486315435766.png (470KB, 1139x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1486315435766.png
470KB, 1139x1079px
Would the altitude training principle also work on heat? Eg train in a warm enviroment and heating up won't bother you as much.
>>
>>42432131
>why do my shoulders pop when i do push ups?
Because theyre moving and you haven't used them, if it doesn't cause discomfort then its ok.

>i feel like i train my lats plenty, why can't i do wide grip pullups? chinups of any distance are pretty easy at this point
Because your back is very weak and/or you're heavy as fuck, try the assisted pullup machine or incorporate more rows, although I feel that you're not going to the gym.
Here try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egwb-cOdYGE and also do static holds

>also when i do dips, my sternum hurts. why?
Weak chest/triceps keep doing them
>>
File: 1481908981037.gif (625KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1481908981037.gif
625KB, 300x225px
How do you warm up deadlifts and pendlay rows? You can't really start from just the bar since it would be too low to the ground. Also where do I place my feet on a pendlay row?

I've also had this pain in my right hip whenever I squat. It's on the front side of my body and happens whenever I'm in the hole. What is it? What do?
>>
>>42432177
>Because theyre moving and you haven't used them, if it doesn't cause discomfort then its ok.
i do shoulders three times a week. a friend suggested that it's probably a shitty rotator cuff.

>Because your back is very weak and/or you're heavy as fuck
probably the first. are chinups just using bicep to make up for back weakness?

>although I feel that you're not going to the gym
i'm 3 months in :(

>Weak chest/triceps keep doing them
triceps are fairly strong, probably weak chest. maybe going too low? will need to watch my form closer.
>>
>>42431460
Will cardio really steal all my gains?
>>
>>42431557
Stop drinking caffeine
>>
>>42432236
>I've also had this pain in my right hip whenever I squat. It's on the front side of my body and happens whenever I'm in the hole. What is it? What do?
I've had this before. What I did to get rid of it was stretch my hip joint. I did front splits, side splits, forehead-to-chin touches, etc.
>>
File: franky.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
franky.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>42432236

answer 1. if you're not strong enough to warm up with 135 lbs, try using a dumbbell turned vertically.

answer 2. is it from your weight belt ? otherwise you need hip mobility work. that usually involves walking with a band around both knees.

>that's all I got FOR FREE.
>>
File: IMG_0364.jpg (407KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0364.jpg
407KB, 1280x1280px
5'10 190 lbs about to start a cut
Do I need to train obliques to lose this hourglass figure or will the weight loss be enough?
>>
>>42432267
My diet is completely free of any liquids except water, I think it's more stress/cortisol levels that get to me since I can never really properly relax
>>
>>42432248
>i do shoulders three times a week. a friend suggested that it's probably a shitty rotator cuff.
Maybe its the first shoulder movement youre doing in the day and its completely normal?
Why are you doing bw exercises when you're going to the gym? Try OHP

>are chinups just using bicep to make up for back weakness?
Yes kinda, also it's a closer grip.
I suggest weighted chinups

>maybe going too low?
Maybe your grip is wide as fuck, try not to flair your elbows.
>>
>>42432248
I'm pretty sure he just meant that you sound like you're doing bodyweight exercises, instead of going to the gym to use machines/barbells. He didn't mean anything by it in terms of your strength/fitness

>>42432236
Do you have bumper plates? If yes, use those. If not, Just cope with needing to bend down a bit further

>>42432254
No.

>>42432172
Probably, yeah. That's most likely more psychological than physiological, though
>>
>>42432295
>No.
Do I need to do something to compensate for it or can I just throw cardio onto whatever I'm doing.
>>
>>42432254
If you consume the same calories you burn on cardio then no
>>
>>42432304
Then what would be the point of doing it.
>>
>>42432302
Eat more accordingly to how much you run. Use this calculator
https://www.runnersworld.com/tools/calories-burned-calculator

If you eat more according to how much you run to offset the calories burnt, then you'll get the same amount of gains. Assuming, of course, that you can still follow your programing in the gym despite the soreness of your legs.

Only downside is sore legs. Upside is better endurance which can help with lifting. Plus better cardiovascular health.
>>
>>42432307
endurance?

If youre doing it because you wanna lose weight then it will affect your gains, your muscles will reduce in size a little bit
>>
>>42432307
>What's the point of promoting good cardiovascular health and endurance?
Gee anon, I don't know. Good point.
>>
>>42432295
Good enough for me, time to die of heatstroke.
>>
What the fuck am I supposed to wear?

>>42432485
>>
>>42432496
There's literally nothing wrong with basketball shorts; it's a meme, anon.
>>
Accidentally benched with uneven weight for five sets of five just now, and less weight was on my weaker side, kill me

What should I do? Forget about it, or add like a left arm DB press for more even gains? I'm sure one time won't make a big difference but I'm still a bit worried desu
>>
Which TDEE/Macro calculator should I use and why?
>>
>>42432528
Anon don't you see it? Uneven weight means that your pecs have to work harder to stabilize the bar, you're literally stronger now.
>>
>>42432546
pls anon I'm an anxious mess and this is messing with me
>>
>>42432531
Every TDEE calculator is going to give you similar enough results that it doesn't really matter.
>>
File: 1409129345782.jpg (22KB, 530x482px) Image search: [Google]
1409129345782.jpg
22KB, 530x482px
>>42432271
Thanks I'll look into those.

>>42432272 I just got to a PR of 165lbs with deadlifts so I got a ways to go before I can start with 135lbs I think. I'll check out the dumbbell idea.
Don't really use weight belts.

>>42432295
Nah no bumper plates, just the octagonal ones.

Thanks for the help though guys. Guess I got to do those hip stretches before squatting and start off warm-ups with a higher weight.
>>
Recently lanced the fuck out of a cyst on my side, been making sure it stays drained. Right now, I'm keeping it dry, using antibiotic ointment, etc.

I'm guessing whatever's left now is just swelling, but my question is - how well does the body take care of leftover infections? If I leave it alone, will it eventually go back to normal without any extra mass there, or should I keep an eye out for lancing it again?
>>
>>42432564
One fucking time won't matter you retard, if you keep doing it like that then one side will eventually grow stronger but that won't happen because you're gonna kill yourself by dropping it.
>>
>>42432624
Thanks anon
>>
>>42431460
Feeling extremely sad. I'm losing hair on the left side of my head and my hairline is receding. I'm only 19. I complained to my doctor and he said hair loss was a sympton of low thyroid. He made me get a blood test and they never called back, so I assume there's nothing wrong. He prescribed an iron supplement (Feramax) for 100 days. I'm not entirely sure if this stops hairloss.

I just want to keep my boring old lego man hair
>>
>>42431460
After finishing up a calisthenics routine I felt slight inflammation in my upper back, it only hurts after I extend my right arm or when I'm on my back in bed. Should I stop working out until pain is resolved?
>>
After about a 20 months of strength training I'm changing goals to getting real lean. Looking to finish my workouts with some HIIT running.

What's a good breakdown for sprinting time to resting time?
>>
I brace my core and glutes when i do overhead press but it still feels like my spine is going to snap in half. What do?
>>
>>42432785
Lower your weight
>>
What counts as stalling on deadlifts? I'm doing SS, and I can get all 5 of the reps, but not in one clean set. Sometimes I do 3 or 4 and have to rest and minute, then finish. Should I deload because I guess I'm doing two sets?
>>
>>42432819
Either force yourself or deload yeah

Also aren't heavy deadlifts usually Just one set after warmup?
>>
>>42431460
Do situps really fuck your back up?
>>
>>42432158
1 x four litre bottle of milk
1 x copy of starting strength 3rd edition by Mark Rippetoe
>>
>>42432825
Yeah, just one set. But I can't finish that one set, I have to wait thirty seconds or more to get my strength and energy back to get the last couple of reps, so I feel like I'm cheating and doing two sets. I should deload. Cheers.
>>
File: fry feels.jpg (26KB, 598x449px) Image search: [Google]
fry feels.jpg
26KB, 598x449px
Girlfriend of a few years just broke up with me /fit/.

I'm surprised and disappointed but not devastated I guess. We were both growing in our own ways. What are some good books. articles, etc I can read for self improvement and getting my mind right?

Just going to focus on improving myself and being positive.
>>
>>42432867
Honestly not sure about in general, but if you ever do the ones where you hang your feet up on the decline bench, the initial bit can fuck your back up. You'll be able to feel it. Just do flat, or the cable crunches or something. The sitting cable crunches can do the same thing depending on the machine you have, but again you'll be able to feel the stress in your lower back. Basically if you have to go over 180 degrees
>>
>>42432884

Yeah, pauses between reps of DL should just be enough to take a breath and set your stance.
>>
for the SL routine with deadlifts at 1x5, how fast should I be doing these? one after the other? should I take a bit of a break inbetween and if so how long?
>>
>>42433041
A bit of a break to adjust your grip and to tighten your core again.

No more than 30 secs
>>
File: tfw.png (6KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
6KB, 320x400px
Snapped my shit up while deadlifting for the first time in a while. How do I recover?
>>
>>42433059
thanks dude
>>
>>42432886
I dunno man. Marcus Aurellius? I wish /fitlit/ were still here.
>>
>>42432590
In-general a cyst should be looked at by a doctor. I would not recommend self-medicating unless you know what you are doing.

>>42432776
Try C25k

>>42432886
Honestly anon it's just time. Nothing fills the void, just try to not be alone at home.

>>42433060
don't lift for a few weeks.
>>
>>42432886
Just read the Iliad. It will provide motivation for fitness. It's like the Dragon Ball of classical literature.
>>
>>42433077
>don't lift for a few weeks.
Don't know if I can do that m8
>>
In the name of digestion and absorbtion, how will my body react to going from shit food to healthy foods and protein after eating like shit for the last 10 years if I just cold turkey'd it and started lifting weights?
>>
>>42433099
shits fucking boring mane
>>
>>42431763
Go to bed at 11, get up at 7. Repeat every day (including weekends) even if you only got a few hours sleep. Your body will adjust. Also you may be depressed.
>>
>>42433112
Do you want to fuck up your back more? No? Then let it fucking heal you dipshit.

>>42433123
You'll probably take cleaner shits and have to pee a little more. You also may have better digestion in-general.
>>
>>42433123
It might upset your stomach, but eventually you'll get better
>>
>>42433125
>The Iliad
>boring
Why is everyone on /fit/ such a microbrain.
>>
>>42431483
upper body
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-07-22-29-43.png (668KB, 717x1011px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-07-22-29-43.png
668KB, 717x1011px
I love my wife she's given me my daughter and years of happiness...

She's 40 now and going to the gym 5 days a week trying to improve her health

But she has major belly overhang the picture is the most accurate I could find...

Can this be beaten with workout alone or should I save up for surgery when she reaches her weight loss goal?

Tldr: can belly hang be beaten by a 40 year old woman without surgery
>>
>>42433155
Weight loss is all about diet, not exercise. "Belly Overhang" is just fat.

read the sticky
>>
>>42433155
It's impossible to know, if it's as bad as pic related, probably not. The skin loses elasticity over time as I'm sure you know. That said, it will get significantly better. I think it's better to just lose the weight and be happy with the results, loose skin is so much better than... that.
>>
>>42433155
loose skin can happen from a pregnancy, and >>42433171 is a retard. if she reaches her goal weight but still has the loose skin, then surgery is the way to go.
>>
>>42433171
>>42433182
>>42433186
Thanks, I'll continue to support her goal. And keep a nest egg in case she chooses to trim the extra skin when that time comes
>>
>>42433076
>>42433077
>>42433099

Thanks guys. I've got a lot of stoic literature actually, including Marcus Aurelius's memoirs (which I've never read properly but maybe I will now). I feel pretty good about myself overall and am handling the breakup decently. Time will definitely help.

I guess the biggest thing is that I'm used to having a partner that I know and am comfortable with. Need to build some confidence and fire to get back into the dating scene. I haven't been single in years.
>>
>>42433186
if you really believe all his wife has is loose skin you are an idiot. He even mentions "weight loss" which is about fucking diet, not exercise.

If she has loose skin, the most effective option is surgery. However, it's not required. Slow weight loss and effective weight training can tighten the skin, though it depends on how severe the loose skin is.
>>
File: ghr.jpg (6KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
ghr.jpg
6KB, 243x207px
My gym doesn't have a thing for hyperextensions

can i use one of these jawns to do them?
>>
>>42433199
Really, it's not worth worrying about until she gets to a fairly low BF%. If she is just trying to lose weight and not gain muscle, it will still look significantly better, but muscle can help fill in some of the space once she's lost the weight and may make it look more normal.

The problem is, it's just not possible to know what she'll look like if she hits, say, 20% BF. If she does and the skin is really droopy and sad, it probably needs to be removed. If it isn't too bad, muscle could make a significant difference.
>>
>>42433207
did you not read what I said you retard? I only said 'loose skin can happen from pregnancy', I didn't say she only has loose skin and not fat, which is implied when I said 'when she reaches her goal weight'. maybe read the whole post before you reply.
>>
What do the different rep ranges do?

12-15 for size/aesthetics
8-12 for size and strength
3-5 for strength

???
>>
>>42433238
>>42433207
You're both retards and you're both correct. Shut the fuck up.
>>
Whats an acceptable "good" weight for 5x5 deadlift, squat, bench for some one who's 5'4/62kg
A-Asking for a friend...
>>
>>42433244

1-2 is fire magic and 16+ is ice magic
>>
Is this blood flow restriction meme based on any real science?
>>
>>42433266

symmetricstrength.com
>>
>>42433266
Hey are you very very young?
Those stats are weird my man
>>
I'd like to start weight training to get in shape, but I pretty much have zero strength. I can barely even do a single push up. Is there some sort of program I should do to prepare for weight training, or is it possible for someone like me to just start weight training even with such little strength?
>>
File: 2017-07-19_07-03-13.png (95KB, 263x399px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-19_07-03-13.png
95KB, 263x399px
>>42433299
No, im 20... im just have the body of a tiny girl
>>
>>42431491
Could be your foot positioning or the way your hips are facing when you squat. Try to keep your feet equal distance from your hips and go down slowly and try to figure out where you lose tension in your left side.
Could also be that one side is a lot stronger than the other
>>
>>42431515
Eat enough carbs before your workout or the night before, stay hydrated too
>>
>>42433335
Nice bait
>>
>>42433440
It's not bait? I'm honestly not sure.
>>
>>42433446

Can you squat/bench/deadlift/press the bar? Then yes.
>>
File: 3000.png (34KB, 650x785px) Image search: [Google]
3000.png
34KB, 650x785px
>>42432158
>>42432148
add a couple cups of milk to this and you're good to go
>>
how to HIP DRAHVE without doing a good morning?
>>
>>42431856
Nah you're fine mate. Adding 5-10lbs on each session will only get you so far before you can't, mine stopped around 250 for squat also. Stopped squatting and it went down to 235 for 5, 4th week into TM and I was able to hit 285 for 5 last week. Some things just work better for some people. You'll get to 2/3/4 within a year for sure. Optimistically, I'd say you could get it within 3 months.
The only thing I'd change about TM is the deadlift, 1x5 never worked for me. Try out different rep schemes if you're similar: 3x3, 5-3-1 pyramid, 2x5, etc. People also shit on the upper body training, but I've been progressing decently with it. Try out nsuns 5/3/1 if you aren't getting the bench gains you wanted. Good luck bb
>>
>>42433462
Practice it with lower weights, then move up rapidly to a weight that is 70-85% of your 1RM and work it. Make sure you feel it in your hips every time.
>>
>>42431995
Have you tried widening you stance? For long femured folk, the only solutions I'm aware of are raising the heels or widening the stance.
https://youtu.be/KGEKRjlZKf8 This is a good explanation of squat mechanics and stuff
>>
>>42431548
>>42431548
help
>>
Bodyweight progression for squats? I've only been doing this for a few weeks and I've got pistol squats down (3x8) and I'm not sure what I should be working toward next.
>>
>>42432131
What kind of popping? Could be that the joint isn't fully lubricated yet, could also be nothing. As long as there is no pain you're fine and it's probably just joints doing joint shit
Wide grip pull ups are hard man, that's why. It depends on your leverages and strength, too. I've got short arms so I'm nearly in a ring-less crucifix hold at the widest grip. It also allows me to only need to move like 5 or 6 inches, though
Your serratus anterior and rib cage are too tight, you need to stretch them out and increase mobility in them. Pull overs are pretty good for that
>>
>>42432143
A little bit unbalanced, but that's not bad mate. Some people are just gifted with godlike calves, take it as a blessing
>>
>>42432785
Probably leaning back too much, lad. Record yourself or have a friend check out your form. You should only be leaning back very slightly to get your head out of the bar's path
>>
Help please:
I missed a workout day (PPL twice a week and rest on sunday)

Is it bad to do my push workout early this morning, then my pull this very evening? Will that be ok and not set me back? I really dont want to miss a day.
>>
>>42433353
I have the overwhelming urge to be your friend
entirely no homo though you just seem like you'd be a chill dude
>>
>>42433739
you missed it man

Also can't you push your routine?
>>
>>42431548
>>42433546
Honestly I have no idea so I'll just spew my thoughts at you.
With my 5 days of anatomy knowledge, it could be maybe that you lack ankle flexibility and the tendon is being pulled in a way it's not used to?
I can't help but think it has something to do with your feet/ankles. I'd recommend seeing a doctor about it rather than asking a coconut bra exchanging forum
>>
File: 1498111874647.jpg (146KB, 399x599px) Image search: [Google]
1498111874647.jpg
146KB, 399x599px
>go hard on arm day after being busy for a week
>major tendonitis in both arms
>tendons are swollen as hell, cant extend arms more than 130°
FUCK THIS SHIT HURTS /fit/ WHAT DO I DO
>>
>>42431460

My left shoulder is shit, I have been going to the gym for a year now and my best OHP was 30kg and I almost dropped it at the top. I can't OHP with dumbbells or the bar, and the only shoulder work I can really do comfortably is lateral raises and rear delt raises. even if I try to get something out of a cupboard above head height and I pick it up slightly wrong I my arm just drops, even with a 300g jar, or if I roll over to pick up my phone in bed and have my left arm cross my body and get the phone, sometimes my arm just drops.

I've seen a doctor and a physio but they both keep saying nothing is wrong despite me imitating the OHP action and my shoulder clicks and moves out of position halfway down, and with any weight in my hand my arm will just completely lose any control I had and drop. I don't know what is wrong with it but professionals aren't helping me and my shoulders look like shit and i'll never achieve the 1/2/3/4.

Knowing I can't do any overhead shoulder work, what can I do to try and thicken them up for looks? I've done some bar raise things and only allowed my elbows to hit shoulder height so I don't get impingement but im not getting much in the way of results from what I can do.

If anyone can relate to this or has seen a professional that has helped with the same thing, please tell me what was wrong because I can't afford to keep seeing different physio's until someone tells me why my arm just fucking dies randomly.

thanks x
>>
>>42433830

I got hit hard recently. Max dose naproxen sodium, alternate high as tolerable ice/heat x2 a day. Get voodoo floss bands or other mobility bands, look up k-star on how to use 'em. Double light warmups when lifting if it doesn't cause more pain. Give it time, do a cycle of speed work or sub maximal volume work if you have to lay off the heavy lifts, alternately if volume hurts, push 80% weight tops while you rehab. Work agonist muscles.
>>
Rate my adaptogen & test support stack

Ashwagandha 4,5% 450mg
Panax Ginseng 500mg
Rhodiola Rosea 500mg

ZMA
Vitamin D3 (5000IU)
>>
>>42431460
I want to run early in the morning to help keep my bf percentage low while I bulk.Is this a good idea or will it kill my gains and I'm better off getting mildly chubby then cutting? So far I've only been lifting and the muscle growth compliments have been pretty nice but I still would like to not get too high on the BF scale. I'm pretty much trying to bulk until march.
>>
>>42433843
start doing shoulder ytw, band pull aparts, face pulls and rotator cuff work
>>
does anyone have the infogrpah pic of how to have a sexy body and avoid ss dinosaur meme appearce

asking for a friend, thnx reddit
>>
>>42434016

Shoulder anon again,

I'm doing Face-Pulls, and I work on shoulder flexibility with the bands and holding a short stick whilst moving it over my head and behind me.

thanks for the reply, I'll look into some more shoulder work. I just don't think it's a flexibility issue as I've been doing band/stick work since I started, it just seems to be a certain point during pressing that fucks with it. I'll stick with it for a while longer, im just annoyed that it doesnt seem to be a strength issue as my right shoulder can push the weight pretty comfortably
>>
>>42431760
grow abs
>>
hi

is it recommended to do upper body two days in a row on PPL (ie. push today pull tomorrow)? i've always been hesitant about doing that. been training for one year
>>
Ive been doing this for a while now and have seen improvements, mainly arms and legs have toned, can I change/add something to improve it other than continuously adding weight.

5 x 10 of tricep curl (extending behind the neck)
5 x 25 of bicep curls
5 x 8 of standing barbell curl (the long bar)

I'll also do 15 sit ups between each rep
Then i'll drink a protein shake, wait 10 minutes, then ill do 45-60 minutes of cycling
>>
When training 3x5, is it a good idea to go AMRAP on the last set and only move up in weight when you can do 8 reps? Or is that idiotic?
>>
>>42434130
Push/Pull routines generally workout different muscle groups so you'll be fine.
>>
>>42434130

I've just recently changed from a 5 day split thing to PPL and I've been at the gym for a year now too. I want to continue doing 5 days a week so I've been trying to do a heavy PLP on tue/wed/thu and mon/friday I will do the opposite of tuesday/thursday (if tuesday is pull then monday will be light push, and thursday would be heavy Push so I do light Pull on Friday).

I just aim for higher reps and lower weight on the monday and friday so I don't burn out too much and I can start and finish the week on a easy-ish day, and I'll throw in a little bit of legs on those days too at the end, but its mostly just leg press/curls/extensions at a light weight.

I'm still dyel though so if someone has a better way to make PPL work on a 5 day M-F setting then let me know
>>
>>42431760
>abs are made in the kitchen
bitch of a fuckin meme. Yeah you need a low bf% but you also need to do ab work. There's a small portion of the population blessed with beautiful ab genetics, but from the sounds of it that's not you.

Doesn't really matter what, just make sure its weighted. Crunches are shit. You should be doing sets where you max out at 10 - 15 reps
>>
>>42432281
Cant cut wide hips man, better to be fridge mode, bulk a bit more until core fills out then cut
>>
Im currently doing PPLPPL, upper body is smaller than lower how do i fix this without ignoring legs?
>>
How do you bake chicken? I put a spice rub on both sides after brining and then cook it for 25 minutes or so but the bottom side always ends up fucked
>>
>>42434338
do PPxPPxx with squats on push day and DL on pull day
>>
File: $_35.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
trying to build a cheap home gym. do i really need a full power cage to do squats and benchpress safely or should i just get a 50 dollar squat/benchpress rack? i will be working out alone so i wont have any spotters or anything. i am weak atm though so i wont be able to lift anything crazy for a while
>>
File: rack.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
rack.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
>>42434693
you dont need a full cage
you shoud get a proper rack tho
even a second hand one

you can use it for bench, squat and ohp
>>
Why are chinups much harder on my forearms than pullups?
I fail chinups because I cant hold anymore while I fail at fewer pullups because my lats are shite and i weigh too much....?
>>
>>42434693
I hi bar 425 out of these exact ones at 190. They are in the spare bedroom.
>>
>>42434726
any recs for good brands or models?
>>
>>42433217

question got ignored
>>
>>42431460
Can someone post some good poorfag diet guides
>>
>>42434684
thanks
>>
File: jew eating.jpg (322KB, 591x800px) Image search: [Google]
jew eating.jpg
322KB, 591x800px
>>42434829
>>
>>42433217
yuparoo
>>
How can I get drunk without going over 1500 kcal?
>>
File: c0a.jpg (15KB, 280x300px) Image search: [Google]
c0a.jpg
15KB, 280x300px
I had my back rounded in OHP at 50kg after coming back home from the gym I got a pain in my back where the spine supported most of the load and a 2x2cm spot of skin above it started being sensitive for 3 days. I'm sure the sensitive skin appeared because of a nerve so how worried should I be? What exactly did I do to that nerve?
Also to let my back heal I'm planning on doing seated OHP without moving my upper body under the bar basically an extreme angle incline bench ,how much gains am I losing by not pressing directly above my shoulders?
>>
>>42434847

tytytyty i figured the answer was yes but i didnt want to do it for like six months and then have someone be like "yo wtf r u doing retard"
>>
How can I tell if pain is normal "you're a weak fuck who just started working out" pain, or if I actually injured myself?
>>
>>42434863
spirits are pretty low cal
>>
File: 1498158001007.png (548KB, 1047x456px) Image search: [Google]
1498158001007.png
548KB, 1047x456px
I fucked up /fit/

I started as a 380lb fat as fuck novice in 2013. Many pounds later and I was weighing in at 182lbs two years later and almost breaking into intermediate lifts. Life happened and I left my new fit life behind. Now after a year and a half I am 50lbs heavier and right back in begginer novice stage.

I just left the gym and I feel so weak. My squats felt like jello, I just couldn't get any tightness at all. Any advice for someone coming back after a long hiatus?
>>
Chest press or dumbbell bench press
>>
File: peperoneta.jpg (17KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
peperoneta.jpg
17KB, 480x480px
>>42431460
I''m going on a vacation in the mountains and I'm wondering what exercises i could do apart from bodyweight. Maybe you knw some specific workout to do in the mountains like trail running or stuff like that
>>
Dumbbell press or machine chest press
>>
My knee has kind of been hurting. It was already hurting a little before I started doing bb squats, and I am not super confident about my squat form. Doesn't hurt more since I started doing them though. What do i do?
>>
>>42434910
a pint of vodka is >1000 and still not enough to get my fat ass drunk
>>
Can i use scimx's X-PLODE hardcore (aminos,caffeine) as my pre and take creatine mono post workout ? I've read that caffeine should not be consumed when on creatine, it makes creatine useless
>>
>>42435033
Hurt where specifically
>>
Thoughts on Weetabix Vs Oats for breakfast?
>>
>>42434877
Pls respond
>>
I'm a novice 3 months into Phraks GSLP, and happy with my strength gains do far. Thing that bothers me is im a major armlet. Would it be wise to add in accessories already, and if so, how do I program them without hurting my strength too much? I workout at home with just a rack and pullupbar
>>
>>42431660
The generally accepted necessary time for a specific muscle to recover and grow after intense work is 48 hours. That means that that you probably shouldn't be hitting anything more than 3.5 times per week. Most people take Sunday off because the prime, odd number day week is a meme and makes perfect scheduling challenging. The 48 hour recovery period is part of what has led me to enjoy a UL schedule the most. I can work out only twice in one week and hit my whole body, or I can work out 6 or 7 times in a week and still get those 48 hours of rest after each day.
>>
Is krav maga a meme?

Is someone who is trained for like 2 or 3 years able to destroy someone in a streetfight?
>>
What are good accessories to add to ss for a girl. They can't do pulls/chins/dips yet I'm like well shit. I have them doing light rows on bench day and curls for the girls on last day
>>
What are the best ways to boost test without gear? Is there anything I can do that makes a difference, in diet or something?
>>
>>42435806
All martial arts are memes. Someone trained in any martial art can deck another equally built person pretty easily, but you'd get wrecked by someone much taller or bigger than you, even if they were just randomly punching.
>>
I'm going to be starting SS soon for a month, maybe two before probably going onto greyskulls or maybe just straight to a PPL

Can anyone recommend any other work to be done along with SS? I know a lot of people say its too focused on lower body and I'm not sure what I can do to even it out since this is all new to me, anyone able to help an anon out?

Also side Q: when I start SS should I just do everything with the bar / lowest weight for like a week and then add weight every workout?
>>
If I'm doing intermittent fasting from 10AM to 6PM do I interrupt it by having a cup of black coffee outside of these hours?
>>
File: images (1).png (9KB, 574x256px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).png
9KB, 574x256px
>>42433746
Thanks anon!
>>
>>42433769
push my routine?

so it's bad to do two bodygroups in a day? Is it just inefficient for recovery and growth?
>>
>>42436096
Caffeine is a drug, not a food
>>
>>42435900
But does krav maga work in a streetfight or when someone gets mugged?
>>
I'm starting to do more activities and thinking about dropping the gym.
I'm doing martial arts 2/3 a week
gymnastic/BW training 1 a week
and acrobatics 2 a week

I could keep going but max twice a week, I probably wouldn't progress but I think that at least I'd maintain.
What do you guys think? I've only been lifting for around 7 months on SS.
>>
Anyone here have experience with the following supps:

-Milk Thistle
-St. John's Wort
-Biotin
-L-Theanine

I would like some input before taking them.
>>
>>42431475
>>42431489
Hot therapy. Cold only reduces swelling by restricting blood flow and pain by numbing. Heat removes excess fluid and actually soothes/relieves.

>>42431557
It doesn't matter what time you go to sleep, what matters is what time you wake up. Pick a wake up time and stick to it regardless of how much sleep you actually get. Your body will adjust so that you're getting tired around 7 and a half hours before your wake up time.
>>
>>42436144
I'll take that as a no, thank you
>>
>>42436199
I take biotin for hair, can't say I notice a difference but it's not like I'm measuring
>>
So yesterday while doing OHP I got a terrible cramp in the side of my right leg that fucked up the rest of my workout. I could barely squat or do anything else. What did my body mean by this? Was I flexing my glutes/legs too much? Too much leg drive?
>>
>>42436280
Amp up those minerals my man!
>>
Started lifting 2 months ago, wondering how long until I start noticing decent results?
I lift 5x per week with cardio at least once or twice on top of that. Generally spend an hour each session working on one muscle group (shoulders, back, arms, chest, core).
I've noticed a little bit more muscle in my shoulders so far and I am stronger than when I started, just not huge difference yet.
I also eat fairly well.
>>
I'm a beginner doing SS and encountered a problem with my squat, I got them to 45 kg but now when I try to move to 50 I can't even lift the barbell over my head. What do?
>>
File: stools.jpg (31KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
stools.jpg
31KB, 500x411px
Is it bad to sit on a wooden stool for most of the day? I've been doing it to improve my sitting posture for meditation, but it hurt the pointy bits of my butt so much that I can hardly take that posture again.
>>
File: 1499958268499.jpg (220KB, 600x1607px) Image search: [Google]
1499958268499.jpg
220KB, 600x1607px
Whenever I squat beneath a certain depth I feel as if something is grinding and pushing out a fiber of my hamstring tendon right near the knee on the outside of my left foot and if I continue squatting it gets too inflammated to squat ,what the fuck is happening and how can I stop it?
>>
>>42436375
Are you OHP'ing the barbell for Squats?

If so, you are supposed to use a squat rack
>>
I'm staying up all night to reset an absolutely fucked sleep cycle, how do I make sure my mind doesn't screw me over by convincing me to have a 6am nap?
>>
>>42436638
doing the same thing as you lad, woke up at 6pm, 18 hours ago. i'm just keeping myself busy by baking a bit, took a caffeine pill too
>>
>>42436280
more taurine/less pre-workout with beta alanine
>>42436407
>is it bad to sit on a hard surface for a long period of time
yes
you're right that the stool is great for your posture. Maybe buy one of those balls? They're pretty good for that.
>>
Is milk bad for me? Is the estrogen meme real? Should I not be having milk?
>>
File: 1502072707204.png (199KB, 1200x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1502072707204.png
199KB, 1200x1332px
anyone have this pic but with zyzz hair?
>>
So I'm lactose intolerant, what should I opt for?

A soy milk that has no sugar in it, or lactose free milk but with added sugar?
>>
>>42433498

I hadn't seen this video but I did see the other one he mentions. My stance is already fairly wide I think, and my bodyweight squats look totally fine. The problems only happen when I get to my work weight. Dunno if I need better cues or I'm significantly weaker in some parts than in others or what
>>
>>42437208
Nut milk?
>>
Been on a cut for around 2 years, had some fuck ups aka one day ruining the whole week quite more than I'd like to admit but finally I'm shredded

Will I feel more happy and energetic once I start to bulk? I always feel tired, sad and bored
>>
>>42437208
Drink lactaid whole milk soy milk and almond milk taste like shit lactaid tastes like regular milk
>>
>>42437373
how much sunlight do you get?
>>
>>42437426
not much due to work, got a nice subtle golden tan in two days of tanning for like half an hour though

rest of the days I've been taking two vit d pills from my protein which give me like 5000yu
>>
>>42436782
In-general the estrogen scare is vastly overstated. Obviously it will become an issue if you ingest a variety of high-est foods but having a glass or two of milk everyday isn't going to hurt anyone.

>>42436306
I respect your dedication anon, but do you think you're doing too much for a beginner? Lifting 5x per week, particularly isolations, isn't very effective when your muscles are all weak to begin with.

It could be a year before you notice real gains in muscle, though actual improvements are far more subtle.
>>
>>42437448
I was about to say, sounds like a Vit D deficiency. If you're on top of that then honestly go for bulking and try getting them gains.
>>
>>42437465
how much should I be getting of vit D daily? Is that dose I mentioned fine? I also make sure I take it after eating some fats like peanut butter or salads with EVOO dressing or fatty fish

I plan on upping my kcals by 100 per week till I achieve maintenance, then I'm going to hold on for a week on maintenance and start adding kcals till a 250 surplus and change my routine too, all this by the end of this month hopefully it works well
>>
>>42437507
It sounds like your plan is solid my man. Keep it up.
>>
People who train for aesthetics, do you dedicate a session to abs or do you just work abs from compound exercises like deads and squats?
>>
>>42431460
Anyone have any experience with AC joint injuries? shoulder and bone where the joint is feels distended a bit but I still have full range of motion with no pain? Should I worry or just relax and take it easy on the OHP?
>>
>>42435246
Bump
>>
I'm going to the gym but I nipple print really bad. Is that okay?
>>
File: protein.jpg (140KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
protein.jpg
140KB, 1500x1500px
So what's the deal with this wawa? Anyone had it? Worth drinking six bottles a day?
>>
File: Barilla+Protein+Plus+Pasta.jpg (116KB, 389x329px) Image search: [Google]
Barilla+Protein+Plus+Pasta.jpg
116KB, 389x329px
>>42438130
I noticed this pasta in the store too. I was thinking of making pasta, egg, chicken salads with it and drinking the protein water with it for lunch at work. Then maybe if I like it eat it for breakfast, dinner, and snack too.
>>
I've been lifting for about three years now and I think I can be considered an intermediate lifter at this point. Can do 1/2/3/4 for reps easy. I used to do PPL 6 days a week but college, ROTC, judo, and gymnastics have put a strain on the time I go to the gym. Can someone recommend me a good 3-4 day split that focuses on strength? I've looked into tactical barbell and so far it looks ok but it lacks a lot of volume. Greyskull LP looks ok but it seems more geared towards beginners.
>>
>>42438150
>Trying to get protein from pasta and juice
Ask me how I know you're never going to make it
>>
>>42438448
chicken steak nuts eggs and semen as well. is this not good enough? im just asking if those things are good in addition
>>
>>42438469
If you're eating chicken and steak I don't understand why you're looking to pasta for more protein. If you need more protein start eating greek style yoghurt and cottage cheese.
>>
File: fit in real life.jpg (121KB, 540x1146px) Image search: [Google]
fit in real life.jpg
121KB, 540x1146px
>>42437813
please respond
>>
How do I get from skinnyfat to skelly
>>
>>42438541
>I don't understand why you're looking to pasta for more protein
never enough protein. plus i like variety
>>
I lift twice a week due to night work, with me sleeping until the afternoon or evening, giving myself 3-5 hours free.
Should I sleep 7 hours, lift and be a little tired or sleep 9 and have little time to myself?
>>
I've got a bench, oly bar, ~400lbs in weights, some dumbells I can load to a max of ~50lbs or split into two 25lb loads as well as a yoga mat and foam roller.

Can I manage a full push/pull routine with this?

I don't have anything to do pull-downs, pull-ups, chin ups, etc, on.
No dip stand either. No squat rack.

Is there some other way to get that vertical pull/downward push movement in? Some other way to work the posterior chain besides deadlifting?
>>
File: 1493684091335.jpg (73KB, 536x679px) Image search: [Google]
1493684091335.jpg
73KB, 536x679px
So I was resting and I've currently on a 2 weeks-hiatus from gym (I'm on vacation); I do a bunch of outdoor activities anyway (swimming, canoeing, running, hiking) and I'm taking this break to actually do some cardio

I was resting yesterday and I felt like I was having a stroke, I was doing literally nothing and I was pretty sure I was going to reach zyzz. Yet it passed after a minute or two.

Did any of you experience something related or similar? I feel perfect now. My blood pressure is perfect (121/70) and my resting heart rate is 55.
>>
I'm moving to Vienna 1st of September and I'd like to start boxing or Muay Thai. Do you know any good gyms? Should I make a thread about it or simply go over to /int/ or /soc/?
>>
>>42439056
>So I was resting and I've
*So, I'm
>>
>>42431460
>QTDDTOT
aka: the thread no one is going to read in order to give replies
>>
How much omega 3 should I be taking in per day as a 190 lb 22 year old male?
>>
>>42432281
>>42434332
>tfw wide hips and girl butt
fuck me up
pretty much the sole reason I've started fit
>>
I felt some chest pain today while working out. It was on the right side of my sternum (so not right on top of my heart). I'm not overweight, but I am a bit out of shape. I just worked through it, and it eventually subsided about 30 mins later. Is this a major concern, and should I see a doctor about it?
>>
>>42431601

Muscles heal and increase in size (if you wourked out) at rest.
Ideal workout regime is one day in the gym and one resting, maybe two consecutive resting days in the weekend or once in a while
>>
File: 1501990918760.jpg (339KB, 720x881px) Image search: [Google]
1501990918760.jpg
339KB, 720x881px
Are low carb diets bad for gainz ?
Are low carb diets bad for testosterone production?
>>
Is Planet Fitness an okay big gym to go to? They jew you pretty hard and I don't know if I'm ready to commit.
>>
>>42440755
no
literally any option is better, and paying ten bucks a month still isn't cheap enough to have to deal with its citizens
>>
>>42440777
Nice trips, but why? I only plan do some beginner lifting since this is my first time going to a gym.
>>
>>42440817
because it's all meme machines, the free weights there are either nonexistent or very sparse, and you literally can't drop weights lest you scare the other patrons

the entire culture of that "gym" is antithetical to actually getting stronger and more fit. It only exists to swindle fat, middle aged women out of their time and money
>>
File: GOAT diet.jpg (72KB, 600x608px) Image search: [Google]
GOAT diet.jpg
72KB, 600x608px
Going on a bulk and I can't have dairy, best foods to get to 4,000+ calories a day?
>>
>>42441109
Peanut butter, butter in general, pork rinds, milkshakes, red meat, pretty much everything I can't have while I'm cutting.
>>
>>42437326
Could possibly be a weak lower back then
What's your deadlift at currently?
Do you deadlift before squats, normally? It'd also be good to record yourself squatting and see just where you start to fold
>>
>>42436138
Not the same anon, but there's not much wrong with doing two major body groups in the same day. You'll probably just be more fatigued by the time you get to the second workout of the day. I guess you'd also have to make sure you're eating enough to compensate for all the energy you spent?
Nothing I can see wrong with it, mostly just fatigue
>>
>>42441109
bagels
>>
>>42441240
DL is at 2pl8+5lb, squat is 1pl8+10lb (deloaded a little since). Third week of SS but had already been lifting for a couple months before that. Yeah I always start with squats.
I have been recording myself regularly, from what I've been able to gather I don't bend anymore than I need on the way down (way less than >>42299392 for instance) but it feels like it's never too far from turning to a good morning on the way up
>>
>>42440617
Opposite.
If calories stay the same, lower carbs means higher protein and fat.
More protein = better gains and more test.
Red meat in particular = more test.
>>
Today marked 7 weeks that I've been going to the gym. Still see no real progress, but I feel healthier than ever.

As a reward, I had half a can of soda. And holy fuck. A cold Coke is just delicious now. Used the rest for Rum and Coke for my roommates.

Do you guys ever reward yourself with cheat meals or drinks? I know it's awful to do with kids, because they get in the happy of thinking sweets or food = good behavior or rewards, but
I've been strictly on water and I guess protein powdered water for seven weeks.

Meals I've cheated anytime I didn't prepare in advance. Am I setting myself up for failure or these all managable shortcomings?
>>
>>42432886
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5EZCHbu6tQ
>>
>>42433457
holy god
>>
File: images (11).jpg (17KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
17KB, 384x384px
What kind of cardio can i do only with my upper body that actually works, tore a ligament but dont wanna lose my cardio ability
>>
File: simeon-panda.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
simeon-panda.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
How do I integrate calisthenics with weight training?

I have not touched a barbell and have been procrastinating the gym because I am too scared of snap city and I am too autistic to ask someone to check my form turning my trips into a nervous cardio sesh. So how can I do calisthenics in order to avoid the dangerous lifts (deadlifts, squats although I may have to do those for legs)

My aim is to exhaust my noob gains in a year with my 25lbs of muscle and maybe in 10 years look like pic related

How should I go about devising myself a plan and how much of a surplus will get me max gains with a small amount of fat.
>>
My two upper ab rows are fine yet my lower abs and v are only visible when flexing, I'm already at areally low bf since all I can grab there is a bit of skin, but when im laying down or flexing they(v and lower abs) pop out

does this mean I should've worked my core? I fell for the compounds only meme

So should I keep cutting or just lean bulk and add hanging leg raises, hanging side to side raises and ab wheel?
>>
>>42441339
Good stats for that time and good job fixing it up a bit!
2 more ideas: Perhaps you are not keeping your core tight? Getting out of the hole and leaning forward is common with newer squatters perfecting their form. My final thought is that maybe (spoiler: I'm not too familiar with lowbar) the bar isn't properly placed on your upper back. Laundry list of reasons, hard to tell without actually seeing it.
It seems you've been able to fix it up a bit on your own, though. Keep doing what you're doing and just continue getting more and more familiar with the movement. Good luck!
>>
Are cold showers a meme?
>>
File: 1387145367929.jpg (253KB, 1102x967px) Image search: [Google]
1387145367929.jpg
253KB, 1102x967px
>>42431460
how do I fucking stop being addicted to the internet more importantly always looking at my phone.

I constantly am waiting in anticipation for people or girls to message back that it is fucking consuming me. I hate though I really hate it.
>>
>>>42442068
>>
>>42435083
The closer to pure alcohol the less calories will take to get drunk. If vodka isn't enough, then find something stronger. Also, I've been told that an empty stomach helps in getting drunk faster.
>>
do you guys always track your macros?
fucking tired of tracking everything, but even though I always eat clean I'm afraid i'd get fat, for example I love raw oats + almond milk kept in the fridge for some hours topped with fruit
>>
>>42443165
Thanks a lot man, appreciate the responses! Yeah bar placement has always been an issue, I'm never sure if it's low enough on my back, plus I have a little kyphosis on my t-spine and relatively shitty shoulder mobility. If I put my elbows up and keep a straight wrist, it's hell on my shoulders and I think the bar tends to slide up my back, but if I allow my wrists to bend, it feels like bar is resting directly on them, which is painful as well. But I've been stretching my shoulders, hopefully with time it becomes more comfortable.

Loose core might also definitely be an issue. It's hard to think of cues (or of literally anything really) when the bar is heavy so I might not be bracing hard enough.

Thanks again!
>>
>used to feel good after a workout, feel pumped as hell
>now feel extremely tired and just want to lie on my bed and sleep after a workout'

what happened?
>>
I've been taking a look at the required amount of micronutrients. what the fuck it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to get all of this.

so either its absolutely and utter bullshit that we need those since im pretty sure that 99% of people, even those who follo strict diets are not getting them

or we are ussed to seing people with symptoms of vitamin and mineral deficiency
>>
fixed cuz im a retard

okay, so i'm doing the modified SS in the sticky (sean10mm) and rn my workout looks like this:

>A day:
main lifts:
>squat 3x5
>bench 3x5
>diddly 1x5
accessories:
>dips 2x8
>weighted incline situps 3x5
>weighted hyperextensions 3x8

>B days
main lifts:
>squat
>OHP
>bent over row
accessories:
>pull ups 2x5
>weighted incline sit ups 3x5
>weighted hyperextensions 3x8

right now im doing mwf so xAxBxAx / xBxAxBx

question is can i move my accessories to another day and just do my main lifts one day and accessories the next so I'm going 6x/week so it looks like xAaBbAa / xBbAaBb with lower case being accessories for that day?

sorry if it's a stupid question
>>
>>42443592
Are you getting enough rest/protein/B12?
>>
>>42431460
what shoes do i wear for squatting?
>>
Exercises for obliques. Currently doing side planks.
>>
>>42442774
>Never touched a barbell
Just follow the easy directions on ExRx. I started with barbell squats on the assist machine, then found my technique when I changed to smith rack.

Just remember to push upwards from your kness and keep your torso straight. Deadlifts are harder to form, so just go with squats till your comfortable.

You NEED to use barbells anon, they're effective as all hell, you wont make it to anywhere near pic related without them.

As for calisthenics, do what your brain tells you. 1x5 pushups, crunches, chinups/pullups. Simpel BW stuff, its not hard when you think about it. You already know a routine, I bet.
They're relatively safe to do on cardio rest days and still give enough time form muscles to repair, just don't break any barriers and you'll see endurance results barely a week in.
>>
>>42442774

The guy in your pic roids and uses barbells

so you're not going to look like him unless you also roid and use barbells
>>
>>42443858

I have been sleeping for like 5-6 hours the previous 2 days, but yesterday I slept at least 7 hours.

No issues with protein or B12.

I think it's probably the lack of sleep I guess.
>>
>>42438150
you can either choose to eat protein pasta, or you can eat meat. one will give you 5 times as much protein as the other, don't let buzzwords draw you in, pasta will never compete with meat in this aspect
>>
>>42438608
lose fat/gain muscle

skinny fat is from a poor diet, having no muscle and a bit of fat
>>
>>42442314
it's recommended you have at least one cheat meal/day a week/fortnight, because going for 5/6 weeks without having one can cause you to just cave and give yourself a cheat week
>>
>Recently finished eating dinner.
>Keep releasing heat when sitting and gaming, as if I'm in a mini sauna. Even when A/C is at 76 degrees.

How long until this goes away?
>>
File: skoob.png (439KB, 638x552px) Image search: [Google]
skoob.png
439KB, 638x552px
>How many times a day should I eat?

>Should I do a weekly meal prep and freeze them, literally eating 3-5 identically prepared meals a day? Is this autistic or the norm? I have never understood this

pls reply
>>
>>42431915
that is fucking retarded
>>
>>42431623
>>42431763
might be too late but NEVER do this

t. chronic insomniac
>>
What does it mean if I always get stuck on the bench press on the part whereby your arms are 90 degree? Which part of the body is at handicap here?
>>
>>42431915
i actually did this a few years ago, have this exact image in my hd still lol
can't even remember if it gave me sufficient results to be worthwhile but my heart felt like it was going to fucking implode when doing cardio
probably dangerous and not worth it
>>
File: confus apu.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
confus apu.png
98KB, 612x491px
If i fail out on a set does it make sense to add another set with the difference?
i.e. I program 3x8, do 1x8,1x8,1x5, then finish with 1x3
>>
>>42444523
>>How many times a day should I eat?

however many times is convenient to your life style, assuming you can hit your macros and calories reliably

>>Should I do a weekly meal prep and freeze them, literally eating 3-5 identically prepared meals a day? Is this autistic or the norm? I have never understood this

i have two large meals a day. breakfast doesn't require prepping beforehand, the other meal i do what you described. do whatever you need to do to make it work, again as long as you are hitting your nutritional requirements
>>
>>42444523
>>Should I do a weekly meal prep and freeze them, literally eating 3-5 identically prepared meals a day? Is this autistic or the norm? I have never understood this
I do this but don't bother freezing them. week to week I'll mix up veggies and stuff but I basically eat a variation on an omelette, a chicken salad and stir fry everyday, plus snacks.
>>
>>42444523

>How many times a day should I eat?

like the other anon said doesn't matter, whatever you find most convenient. spacing out a lot of smaller meals throughout the day might help you feel less hungry if you're on a cut

>Should I do a weekly meal prep and freeze them, literally eating 3-5 identically prepared meals a day? Is this autistic or the norm? I have never understood this

that's what i like to do

just be sure you keep track of what's going to spoil. i wouldn't keep cooked chicken in the fridge longer than 4 days. freeze it if it's going to be your end of the week meal. Same goes for rice.
>>
>>42444704

you should freeze poultry and rice my man... FDA says cooked chicken longer than 4 days is muy malo.
>>
>>42444727
>FDA
I'm really not concerned about it. I've never had a problem with it and I've worked in several restaurants where all kinds cooked meat is kept in the refrigerator for upwards of 2 weeks.
>>
>>42444746
>I've never had a problem with it and I've worked in several restaurants where all kinds cooked meat is kept in the refrigerator for upwards of 2 weeks.

this is why i dont go out to restaurants lmao

>I've never had a problem with it

My friend gets rare burgers from shitty chain joints like Red Robin and it's never caused him a problem... doesnt mean im about to start doing it lmao
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>42444754
>this is why i dont go out to restaurants lmao
you don't know the half of it. I worked as the oven guy on pic related at an upscale pizza restaurant and halfway through a busy shift I'd literally be sweating onto the pies but was too tired to give a shit. Seeing the back of a commercial kitchen really gives the noggin a joggin. The pizzas were good though
>>
>>42444793

that doesn't bother me, there's a tolerance of like "well yeah gotta get some immune system gainz" but expired food is a no no for me
>>
>>42444686
>>42444704
>>42444715
thanks guys. i will look into a personalised meal plan and do a weekly meal prep
>>
>>42444868
just some advice - don't get discouraged if you fuck up a week or if it takes you 4 hours to do it the first time. It took me awhile to get into the habit but now it's apart of my saturday ritual to listen to some music or podcasts or something and spend the whole morning in the kitchen.
>>
>>42444883
>>42444868

audio books while i prep: /fitlit/ gains for life

The Eye in the Pyramid by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson is one of the most enjoyable audiobook experiences ever and i believe it's on youtube
>>
Been using this for years to wash my face, and they recently stopped stocking them. What the fuck is a decent replacement?
>>
>>42445004

idk about replacements but ive always used CeraVe foaming lotion for Oily Skin

sorry i cant be of more help /fa/ might be a better place to ask tho
>>
>>42443780

bumping for answer
>>
Former fatty here trying to learn correct form (gym beginner).

I get the form down on many exercises, but with both squats and deadlifts I struggle really hard with my leg position. I have my feet shoulder width apart and the more I bend the knees, the more they go outward, in the bottom position I look like a fucking frog.

Am I right to assume this is because of muscle stiffness that prevents the legs to stay in the correct position? I am quite flexible in the joints so the problem isn't that.
>>
/fit/ is really dead nowadays
>>
>>42446056
>I have my feet shoulder width apart and the more I bend the knees, the more they go outward, in the bottom position I look like a fucking frog.

That... sounds like a lowbar squat to me
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.