[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pullup/chinup program for newbs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

OK guys after thingken for a while I think I found an optimal way for someone who can do less than ~10 pull/chin ups to progress on them without doing max effort sets like a retard. I thought of helping some of you out.

So first thing you gotta do is test your max reps. After that we start the program. It consists of 2 days; one volume day and one max rep test day for autoregulation. Since reps are the variable the sets/reps change as your max reps change

n= max reps

calculating total reps = (n - 1) * 3
if total reps <12 do 1 rep per set
if total reps 12-18 do 2 reps per set
if total reps >18 do 3 reps per set

you calculate sets by dividing total reps by the assigned amount of reps

for example lets say I can do 5 reps as a max, so n=5
(5-1)*3=12, 12 falls in 12-18 category so 2 reps per set
12/2=6, so 6 sets of 2 reps for volume day. Max rep day is one set of the maximal amount of reps you can do. Use that number to calculate next weeks number

Cap this post, this will work. Good luck

- John
>>
bump so somebody sees it
>>
wow thanks a lot OP ive been stuck at 4 reps for ages
>>
File: ohgosh.jpg (4KB, 185x82px) Image search: [Google]
ohgosh.jpg
4KB, 185x82px
>>42427919
This might actually work
>>
I was doing pullups as a warmup yesterday and heard a snap in my upper back - right side - and then it was a kinda sharp pain for the rest of my workout and its still lingering today

Any idea what I did to myself? And do i just rest it off?
>>
>>42428657
pulled muscle probally, just take it easy for a couple of days
>>
>>42428657
What part of your upper back? Rotator cuff?
>>
>>42428676
Will do

tnks bud

>>42428684
The edge of my shoulder blade, closer to the middle of my back
>>
>>42428706
How weak is it now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHlE5V180R4
>>
>>42427919

I'm definitely not a newbie, but this actually looks sane for a 2x/week setup.

I dropped pullups during my last intensity block, and I hadn't planned them in my current volume block. Hitting this weighted on W/Sa, and regular workouts M/T/Th/F may be quite nice.

Another option is if I hit this cycle 2x/week, but that might not fit my time as well. Volume is easy enough for a rep scheme like this to do the intensity and volume days back to back
>>
How low should I go for a full rep to count? I heard going back to dead hang fucks up your shoulders.
>>
>>42428770
dead hang every rep, to the contrary dead hanging is actually a good way to prehab or even rehab the shoulders
>>
>>42428741
Just aches a lot

Watched the whole video and I think I just strained it, not torn thankfully.
>>
>>42427992
>>42428011
>>42428325
>>42428645

how hard do you need to samefag your shitty thread OP
>>
>>42427919
My mum's in her 50s and I got her from not being able to budge a milimetre upwards to being able to do 3x8 full ROM chins at a slow pace in 5 months (I was blown away, she's still improving). I just had her do 3x5-10 weighted negatives. eventually she took the belt off and instead of doing negatives she managed to bang out 3 chins. so maybe try that, twice a week.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.