[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sleep/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Lay it on me, how much sleep do we actually need? I'm talking for guys who lift and exercise a lot.

7.5 hours, 9 hours?
>>
I go to bed when I'm tired
>>
>>42418363
like 5 hours. if you wanna take your sweet ass time, 7 max. Proof: Jocko Willink, Arnold Scwarzenegger
>>
>>42418615
this doesn't answer the question in the slightest
>>
File: timecube.gif (19KB, 528x359px) Image search: [Google]
timecube.gif
19KB, 528x359px
>>42418363
it depends on your genetics, some people naturally sleep 5h and others need 9h to not feel terrible

honestly I wish I could sleep longer, sleeping and lifting and fucking are literally the only activities I enjoy
>>
>>42418673
Jocko is inhuman, I'm 99% sure
>>
I absolutely need 8 hours if I'm training. 9 is better. I can feel it if I only get 7 hours, below that and it's a disaster.

If for some reason I'm not training as much 7 hours is plenty.
>>
>>42418673
I fucking love Jocko, but even he admits that his sleep schedule is not healthy. The man is driven by the ghosts of his fallen comrades.
>>
>>42418363
I need like 9-10 hours else im good for nothing
>>
12:30-1:00 AM bed time, 9:00 AM wake up time. If I have a date with gf or hanging with bros I don't always get to bed at the right time, but I'm very strict with waking up at 9.
>>
>>42419112

>sleeping that much

Seems you already are.
>>
>>42419154
autism

literally WHO cares about the clock unless you're farming chicken or something, I'd much rather keep the hours I sleep standard than the hour I wake up.
get blackout curtains and your don't even have to worry about melatonin etc.
>>
>>42418363
This picture makes me feel sad and comfy at the same time
>>
>>42419202

Yea..... except most sleep studies have shown that circadian rhythm consistency is drastically more important than the number of hours slept (not to say that the hours aren't important but just less important)

honestly dude, calling someone else autistic does not make you right.

>literally WHO cares... ?
Obviously this guy right here

If you need me to cite my sources I will do so, but maybe you should just learn to do it yourself before shitposting

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0163725805002822

Just one of many examples above

Have a good night sleep tonight you unregulated faggot
>>
>>42419272
I know about these studies
>get blackout curtains
You body doesn't have an actual clock in it. They've done studies of human sleep patterns when held inside with no source of natural light. The body adjusts to the artificial lighting no matter if the cycle is 22h or 26h.

I'm not saying it's entirely without merit, but sacrificing hours slept for a standard waking up time is quite literally autistic.
>>
>>42419272
This is true. Doesn't matter if I go to bed at 9 pm or 8 am I sleep till noon and feel the same regardless.
>>
>>42419322

>body doesn't have an actual clock in it
>body adjusts to artificial lighting

So which one is it, bucko? Your follow-up statement just countered your original statement

Ok, so the body isn't biologically attached to the 24hour clock is what your saying. Additionally, the body can adapt to whatever clock it needs to. It just so happens that we live on a 24hour planet and so that what the body adapts to! Logic has come full circle and you just proved yourself wrong

I think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, and god damn do you suck at it
>>
>>42419360
>>body doesn't have an actual clock in it
>>body adjusts to artificial lighting
>So which one is it, bucko? Your follow-up statement just countered your original statement
What? Are you dyslexic or have some other learning disability? Those sentences don't counter each other, in fact they validate each other.

Your body secretes certain hormones based on the lighting conditions. That's why it's good to go to bed when the sun goes down and wake up shortly after the sun has risen. If you have total control of the lighting conditions as you can have in the year 2017 you can control your body's hormone secretion. You body doesn't know it's 9am if you're lying in total darkness. It doesn't have a clock, it reacts to surroundings.
>>
>>42419360
>>42419380
I live in a place where the sun doesn't come up for a month and doesn't set for 3 months every year* so this isn't just some theorycrafting on a fingerpainting forum, it's a serious issue affecting national health. I could find you some studies I've read but they aren't in English. I guess Alaska would be a good place to look for similiar studies if you're interested.

(* = inb4 why is it 1 during the winter but 3 during the summer. when the sun does set at first it's only for a couple of minutes. even when stays down for half an hour it never goes so far off the horizon that it would actually get dark)
>>
>>42419202
No I just dont want to have half the day be gone (relative, not actually) when I wake up. Don't you feel like a saggy piece of shit when you wake up and everyone is already done with their gains?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.