[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are more and more young women getting into weight training?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

File: Capture.jpg (85KB, 930x592px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
85KB, 930x592px
Are more and more young women getting into weight training?
>>
>>42411652
If they are they ain't comin' to my gym, buddy.
>>
>>42411652
no, it's just you browsing too many fitness forums
>>
>>42411652
Most women try working out.
Most women fall for meme workout routines.
Most women fall for memes in general.
>>
>>42411652
yes, because more and more men are going into a fitness focussed lifestyle. they are following, as usual
>>
>>42411928
it's kind of entertaining though, seeing all the grills doing meme exercises, always puts me in a good mood

>grill gets lost and enters weight section
>looks around confused and approaches the squat rack
>probably read about some ass workout somewhere
>gets spooked by the barbell, looks down defeated and walks to the small dumbbell rack instead
>starts doing some meme shoulder thing with the smallest dumbbell available
>leaves forever

i've seen variants of this playing out 3 or 4 times
>>
what are some other examples of meme exercises women do?
>cable leg extension
>vagina stretching machine
>weird cable "deadlifts"
>>
>>42412204
>all variations of yoga tier exercices
(and/or half an hour of weird stretching to show their pussy)
>bosu half ball thing
>the complete ball
>talking with the PT instead of exercising
>>
File: IMG_5275.jpg (10KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5275.jpg
10KB, 240x160px
>>42411961
Oh god, I am that girl. How do I start lifting for real without looking like an idiot
>>
>>42412204
>>42412232
>romanian deadlifts with just the bar forever
>>
>>42412299
Educate yourself, learn a good starting routine, and if all else fails don't be afraid to ask for help at the gym. I'm sure you'll do great friendo.
>>
>female co-workers go to same gym in the morning (both married already)
>do meme circuit workouts with like ten stepup variations and weird barbell lunges
>always complaining that they take forever to get stronger
>they then joke that I'm always just in the squat rack doing the same exercises every day

I've tried telling them a few times now, but at this point they can do what they want.
>>
>>42412299
look for a decent program like blaha's 5x5 or the texas method.
>>
>>42412332
>getting laughed at by 2 wanna be milfs cause you're always in the squat rack. Nice
>>
>>42412332
smother them to death with big ass
>>
>>42412344

They're my age; I'm barely 25. I feel ancient when I probably shouldn't, but I've had to go to so many weddings the past two years that I can't actually think of any friends that are single/unengaged at this point.
>>
>>42412299
do what all autistic people do and research everything before you do it to avoid looking like an idiot
>literally google searched how to frat party
>>
>>42412383
Then why u even worried. You're living the life.
>>
File: lauren_front_squat.jpg (237KB, 1600x955px) Image search: [Google]
lauren_front_squat.jpg
237KB, 1600x955px
>>42412299
just do front squats like all grills do, those are less scary
>>
File: Kettlebell-Front-Squats.gif (31KB, 530x353px) Image search: [Google]
Kettlebell-Front-Squats.gif
31KB, 530x353px
>>42412299
>>42412411
or if even that is scary, start with meme squats using a kettlebell or dumbbell...
>>
>>42412299
Don't be a stupid bitch like my wife. Actually learn how to take advice from someone who has been lifting for 3 years. Blog time, this bitch asks me to take her to the gym every once in a while. I do because she's just gonna be pissy if I don't, joke's on me shes gonna be pissy if I do as well. Let her know its leg day so I'm gonna be doing squats, front squats, and straight leg diddlies with some machines. She gets excited because women think leg day will make their ass thiccer than my dick. Obviously have to take off the 3pl8+ I'm squatting every set because she can't do it.
>>
Is no one going to comment on the girl's build in the OP

She's built like a linebacker
>>
>>42412457
so what's your complain about bringing your wife to the gym beyond having to switch plates? it sounded like this was going somewhere and got cut in the middle
>>
>>42412470
i'm not sure if she has great pecs or ok boobs
>>
>>42412457
>>42412477
yeah you gotta work on those storytelling skills m8
>>
>>42412457
Then she squats with bad form and when I try to help she gets pissy because "This is how the women do it on instagram."
>"Do you think I give a fuck how women squat an empty smith machine on Instagram."
She downright refuses to do front squats and straight leg deadlifts because she doesn't know what they are so she stands near me talking and playing on her phone. When I tell her next exercise she asks if we can bench press, bitch why? I say fuck it because I'm tired of this shit, figure I can bench and leave. Besides today is rest day so no big deal if I benched yesterday. She is so fucking unstabke, shaky, doesn't hold the bar properly, lifts feet of the ground. "But I like the way I do it, your way feels weird."
>"Not gonna like the way you do it when you tear your fucking shoulder and ruin your wrists."
Once again have to keep swapping my 2.5pl8 for a pair of 5s so benching takes 8 years and she gets pissy and leaves once again because I wont let her do it with improper form, not trying to have a hurt wife because that just makes them more bitchy
"I'm soooooo sore from lifting, lets go to Starbucks."
>"DOES STARBUCKS MIX MUTANT MASS IN THEIR COFFEE? NO? THEN FUCK OFF."
Shes never coming with me again. Turned my 2 hour leg work out into a 2 hour half leg work out with some bench press.
>>
>>42412477
>>42412486
Should have put continue but I didnt because /fit/ is usually pretty slow in the morning.
>>
File: 14223306930100.jpg (84KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
14223306930100.jpg
84KB, 399x388px
>>42412499
sounds like a child
>>
>>42412299
>thingken about you hurting
>>
>>42412611
>Implying women and children aren't the same thing
The only differences are that children will actually listen to you most of the time and adult women are legal to inject sperm inside of.
>>
>>42412499
>>42412457
You sound like you deserve eachother
>>
File: CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>>42412335
>a decent program like blaha's 5x5

>blaha's 5x5
>decent

>anything related to blaha,even his fucking surname
>anywhere remotely decent
>>
>>42412411
no, dont do front squats
back squats will be much more efficient get you those nice legs hips and booty
use the pussy pad
>>
>>42412930
aren't there meme programs for women with 20 different variants of ass bending exercises?
>>
>>42412956
she'll be doing romanian deadlifts and hip thrusts for that anyway
>>
>>42412919
Elaborate
>>
>>42412930
Wait, then what should I do? I'm so lost there's so much info on the internet
>>
>>42412299

Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>42413346
pick a well regarded program according to your goals and stick to it
>>
>>42412299
well first tits or gtfo
>>
>>42412930
>take SS
>add arm accessories
>don't name it after blaha
better?
>>
>>42411652
Those gay faggots in the background
>>
>>42414873
Lost at "gay faggots"
>>
>>42412611
He's clearly exaggerating, he's probably just a terrible coach who gets snippy with her over nothing. Or this entire thing is fake.
>>
>>42412499
You sound like both a terrible coach and a terrible boyfriend, and a bitter drama queen.
Just show her what to do the right way and don't be so whiny all the time, bitch boy
>>
File: 1446793778149.png (97KB, 331x321px) Image search: [Google]
1446793778149.png
97KB, 331x321px
>>42411928
No different than /fit/
>>
>>42415664
>You're a terrible teacher because your student sucks
Do you happen to be under the age of 21?
You can't teach someone unwilling to learn and conform. I've helped dozens of marines younger and older than me to meet their goals in the gym whether it be gain weight, lose weight, get stronger, run faster or whatever. Just because 1 "student" refuses to take advice when they ask for it doesn't mean I suck at what I do.
>>
>>42412457
>three years lifting
>squats 3pl8
Yeah, maybe she's right about not following your advice
>>
>>42417979
>3pl8+
Wasn't supposed to be a heavy day friend. My squat isn't anything impressive because I don't enjoy the exercise but I can still do 365 3x5.
>>
>>42417979
My OHP and bench is extra sexy tho.
>>
>>42413377
The only correct response.

All other responses were greasy neckbeards
>>
>>42411652
Yeah. Feminization of men leads to masculinization of women.

Pisses me off seeing a dumb masculine bitch in the gym thinking she's welcome in a man's hobby. I always leave the squat rack with the bar on the highest botch loaded up with several plates so the slut can't reach it or use it.
>>
>>42418299
>I always leave the squat rack with the bar on the highest botch loaded up with several plates so the slut can't reach it or use it.
Christ, the autism on display here
>>
>>42412299
Men will think you're an idiot no matter what you do or how well you do it, so just don't worry about it.
>>
>>42415665
no different that any weak subgroup.
However, all women fall for memes, as they typically don't possess the rationale to think deeply due to their overwhelming emotional state.
>>
>>42416269
Maybe if you inspired her instead of being a pussy she'd do better
>>
>>42418299
> muh men's hobby
Take up a real man's hobby like masturbating all day and never leaving your house so no one ever has to deal with you again, you sound like an autistic weirdo and a generally unpleasant person.

Also when assholes leave the bar loaded like that I always help women get it down, some guy at my gym does that and this short asian girl has to pull plates off the bar way over her head if I don't.
>>
>>42412299
Post feet pls
>>
>>42419567
Obviously just trolling at this point but how am I being a pussy?
>>
>>42419837
well for one your giant attention-seeking blog post on this Venetian stick welding board, and secondly, you couldn't manage to explain a simple concept to someone, then blamed them for your clear and blatant failure
>>
>>42420000
>Do it like this because its proper and it'll prevent you from hurting yourself
Yeah bud, super complicated to explain to anybody. That's like saying if you tell a random person on the street to stop smoking cigarettes because cancer that they'll listen. You must be completely fucking naive if you think everyone is going to listen to your advice just because it's correct.
It was kind of related to the anons question. Besides, if I can't bitch to random internet faggots then who can I bitch to?
>>
>>42420066
why are you dating her if you think she's an idiot? go find a better quality woman.

> Unless you can't
>>
>>42412299
DON'T do weightlifting, no guy wants a girl who has huge muscles, it's fucking gross
>>
>>42420099
>Being annoyed with a gym experience
>Thinking someone is an idiot
Those two are not the same thing. We're married and very invested in eachother, it would be dumb to separate over something as insignificant as that. I love you very much though anon. Drop me your name and contact info and I'll leave my wife for you.
>>
>>42420131
>she's a stupid bitch and I resent the fuck out of her
>leave her? but I put so much EFFORT into her

Sunk cost fallacy, my dude. You'll be happier without her.
>>
>>42420179
t. someone who's never been into a long term relationship.

I'm not even the guy you replied to
>>
>>42420125
shut the fuck up, dumbass. You are the reason girls go to meme exercises instead of regular exercises. Weightlifting won't get a girl huge unless steroids.
>>
>>42412204
The vagina streching machine is probably the best exercise a woman can do in a gym to prepare for childbirth.
(And a number of kegel exercises outside the gym)

Just because you don't have a vagina doesn't mean it's a meme exercise.
Male and female bodys are just different.
>>
>>42412457
You should probably kill yourself if you feel the need to call your wife bitch five times in a post.

Seriously what shit hole are you from?
>>
>>42412299
Don't ever go below 20% bf unless you want to look like a tranny.
>>
>>42412299
You go to a weightlifting gym and learn how to snatch and clean properly. If you want to show everyone you know what you're doing, a decent snatch or clean (technique wise) beats everything.
>>
File: IMG_0011.jpg (173KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0011.jpg
173KB, 640x640px
>>42420125
>
>>
>>42420932
You should probably kill yourself if you've ever vented through overexaggeration especially in private or anonymously on an Azerbaijani body comparison forum.
>>
>>42412457
>mad because your wife cant squat 3pl8+
I try not to take sides in this blog posts, but you come off as the dickhead here not her
>MY WIFE CANT SQUAT 300LBS WHY DOES SHE EVEN BOTHER COMING TO THE GYM.
>I TRIED TO MAKE MY WIFE SQUAT 3PL8 AND NOW SHES PISSY
>>
>>42420179
Being invested in an individual has nothing to do with effort. Being salty over one shitty workout doesn't equal resentment. Is it wrong to be annoyed with your wife because she wasted 2 hours of your time that you consider therapeutic? It's 2 hours bro. Its not like she shot me in the gut and I'm hospitalized for weeks resulting in fails for other parts of my life.
>>
>>42421140
Read the next part friend. Nobody's trying to make her squat 3pl8. Its the lack of regard for advice that she asked for and the pissy attitude in general.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 480x480px
>>42411961
Saw a girl walk in once, about 5'5 120 lbs, loitered for a minute and then started loading up 45's on a barbell, by the second plate she decided it was a bad idea and took them both off. Proceeded to use the bench to do hip thrusts with an empty bar
Mfw
>>
>>42411928
>sister trying to lose weight
>dumps piles upon piles of vegetables into the pot
>drinks ungodly amounts of protein powder with milk
>try to explain that is not how dieting works
>"its vegetables omg you can eat as much as you want and you'll lose weight"
>>
>>42412383
In ten years they will be miserable and you will be the envy of every group event. Focus on yourself, lifting, reading, improving yourself and your hobbies. I was in your shoes almost a decade ago and now my friends tell me they live vicariously through me. Also, statistically speaking, half of your friends will be getting reamed in divorce court.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.