[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 36

File: 1466160116245.jpg (35KB, 323x396px) Image search: [Google]
1466160116245.jpg
35KB, 323x396px
questions that don't deserve their own thread

pre workout even though I go to bed after gym?

I lift 3x/week and try to avoid caffeine other than pwo
>>
How should I keep track of weight/reps at the gym
Should I carry a notepad and pencil like a total autist or is there any good app that would work?
>>
>>42403592
excel app is obviously goat
>>
>>42403520
Is there any website with meal templates? like you introduce the desired macros and/or kcals and it pops up?
I've started to become clueless and I want to just do simple things
>>
>>42404047
http://www.custommealplanner.com/
>>
Are there any good work out programs for women that specifically target muscles that make girls more attractive?

SS is a good start for strength but I mostly want to target butt/back, you know?
>>
>>42404104
upper lower splits are okay for women i think, because more emphasis on lower than most other programs
>>
File: IMG_5268.png (209KB, 500x695px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5268.png
209KB, 500x695px
Any /fit/ girls have suggestions for comfortable sports bras??
>>
>>42403520
I use olive oil for cooking, always 10g of it.
Am I consuming it all? like does the food absorb it or does it get evaporated?

wondering since this could screw up my fat intake
>>
Does having wide shoulders mean it will be harder to make trap(muscle) gains?
They seem like one of the few muscles that will seperate me from dyels without taking my shirt off.
>>
What are the best exercises for a complete abs/obliques experience? I want to have the whole thing.

What i do now:
Crunches/Hanging Leg Raises/Planks
Don't know what else to start doing or stop doing from those. I squat 2.5pl8's but my core looks undefined as fuck.
>>
>>42404160
You certainly do miss some of it, fat is lost in cooking as heat evapores some of it, some sprays off the pan and some leaves on the pan. If cutting, count it as it is, if bulking, count it as 5 grams less.
>>
File: hanging leg twist.png (322KB, 796x769px) Image search: [Google]
hanging leg twist.png
322KB, 796x769px
>>42404193
If you pair these with the hanging leg raises you'll be hitting core pretty well.
Eventually you can work up to doing them with legs fully extended.
>>
>>42403592
if you're using Android, Fitnotes is a solid app
>>
>>42404193
The Glute Nigga wrote an article with some EMG data on abs: https://www.t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-ab-exercises

personally: i do hanging leg raises, ring rollouts (these are essentially ab wheel rollouts but i don't have an ab wheel), and landmine twists. hanging windscreen wipers are good if you can do them
>>
>>42404302
>ab wheel rollouts
Just make sure to watch a couple tutorial videos before doing these, you can strain your back if you do them wrong.
>>
just had my first BCAAs ever a few hours ago, and i felt the effect immediately - more energy, less stress somehow. almost felt like a drug. thus far thought they were a meme, and when you take whey / eat lean meat / dairy products, they are unnecessary, but they were a on sale and i thought i'd give them a shot. but at least it feels like they are at least doing something.

also i am doing IF, some sources say that taking BCAAs in the morning is good for muscle maintenance / gains, while others say they 'break the fast' and give insulin spike. what does /fit/ say?
>>
Lets say I don't want strength, all I care about is aesthetics, what program should I follow? I've been on SS for a month now but I'm bored as fuck and I add some extra bicep/tricep/core accessory more often than not. Should I continue or change to something else?
>>
File: kabob.jpg (36KB, 341x269px) Image search: [Google]
kabob.jpg
36KB, 341x269px
quick how many calories is this
>>
>>42404368
building a base of general strength before moving onto a bodybuilding routine is, i think, sensible, but SS isn't the only way of doing it. what do you find boring about the programme?
>>
>>42404394
prob at least 1K. at least 70% of calories fat, perhaps 20% protein and 10% carbs.
>>
>>42403520
Does anybody has the PDF of the Buff dudes bulking book? They posted the routine but I'd like to see the recipes in it and the art

>inb4 buy it

Fuck it, I'm a cheap bastard

https://www.buffdudes.us/blogs/news/buff-dudes-bulking-book-free-edition-sample-meal-plan
>>
>>42404494
Looks like yoghurt based topping instead of mayo, so Id say less than what you suggested. The meat seems somewhat lean, 800 kcal? I cant see shit!
>>
File: 1498418731384.png (48KB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
1498418731384.png
48KB, 190x200px
why does a lower/restricted carb diet help burn fat than a regular carb diet? does the body rely on burning fat on energy more if less carbs are consumed? thinking of keeping my carb intake on a caloric deficit at max 100g.
>>
I have access to a small 'homegym', with gymnastic rings and a bar with bumper plates, but nothing else.
Will I lose all my gains if I focus solely on chin ups, dips, and clean&press for the next couple of years?
>>
>>42403520
I try to grab fat on my sides and abs but it's just skin, legit no fat just tiny bit of skin like all human beans but yet I dont look that shredded

does this mean its time to lean bulk and that im wasting time cutting?
>>
How do I know I've had enough good for the day? I developed the habit of eating until there's no more food left in meals, how do I tell the point where I leave legitimate hunger and enter gluttony?
>>
>>42404535
It does? If it does it's because of hormones.
But it shouldn't, you should feel less hungry on fats tho.
>>
>>42403592
I second this >>42404280 , Fitnote even has the option to analyze your total workout in nice graphs, volume, sets, plate calculator (it comes handy) and includes the option to add exercises it doesn't have prewritten.

if it had a timer and a ring bell to notify about resting times it would be GOAT
>>
>>42404533
bad pic i know, also just the rice, meat and salad, I don't plan on eating the potatoes & yogurt
>>
File: pic related.png (70KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
pic related.png
70KB, 720x1280px
>>42404556
it does have a timer
>>
>>42404554
why is that? i tried eating mostly fats/protein the other day and i didn't feel hungry around the time i usually would.
>>
>>42404556
>>42404611
i.e., a rest timer (that can be configured to vibrate, ring, etc.)—i should have clarified that
>>
Looking to get fit and I'm big into tracking and recording my data what are some good metrics to work off other than just weight and body fat% I am looking to gain strength and some size
>>
>>42404641
OOOOOOOOOOOOH I'm so fucking stupid I completely missed it, I just checked.

I wonder if it's loud enough to hear in in the gym though, but vibrating in the pocket should be enough
>>
>>42404665
weight and body fat are the main two. you could take measurements of your body (chest, biceps, thighs, etc.) but it's a faff and tells you little that your eyes don't. aside from that, just track your lifts (e.g., 1-rep maxima) and whatever activities you do (running (best 5k, 10k, HM, etc.), cycling (FTP, best 40k, times over various intervals), etc.)...?
>>
>>42404705
dont forget benis size and times fapped per day
>>
Is there any benefit to doing an EC stack while eating at maintenance?
>>
How do I keep my routine tight if I have to play semi-proffesional soccer! Is it better to pause gym on match and hard trainings or keep pushing through? If I eat enough.
>>
Really stupid question, but I'm currently staying up to fix my sleep schedule, does my TDEE carry on from the previous day? Should I log all my calories for today even though I've been up since yesterday?
>>
>>42404618
Leptin or something, eating carbs makes you hungrier sooner than eating fats.
>>
Is this routine from the sticky any good?

I wanna get swolen on chest and arms

>Workout A
>3x5 Squat
>3x5 Bench Press
>1x5 Deadlift
>2x5-8 dips (only add weight if you are doing >10 bodyweight dips)

>Workout B
>3x5 Squat
>3x5 Standing military press
>3x5 Pendlay Rows (or power cleans for 5x3, 5 sets of 3 reps apiece)
>2x5-8 chinups ***if you do the power cleans, do 3 sets of chinups***

Fridays only (Not earlier than 3 weeks into program) -
Parallel Bar dips or incline skullcrushers - 2 x 8-12
barbell/DB/EZ-Bar curls - 2 x 8-12
>>
>>42404802
It doesn't matter.
Count week by week if it fits your schedule better, it matters over time not over a single day.
>>
>>42404780
it depends on how frequently you train in the gym, how frequently you train in football, and what you do in both. it's certainly possible to do both but you need to be intelligent about managing your (leg) fatigue. the example i like to use to show that it *can* be done is sprint cyclists on the track: see http://www.cyclingweekly.com/fitness/training/how-to-train-like-a-sprinter-334002 for an example, though it doesn't shed much light on how it's done

what's your current routine?
>>
>>42404824
it's fine, but i don't think you'd see much from doing 2 sets of curls once a week (unless you meant that you were going to be doing 2 sets of barbell curls, 2 sets of dumbbell curls, and 2 sets of ez-bar curls—but even then...)

if you really want to get in more chest/tri/bi volume right now, you could do some supersets (e.g. throwing in bicep exercises as supersets in Workout A and throwing in chest/tri exercises as supersets in Workout B)

but you may as well just stick to what you're doing until you stall—you're likely pretty early on in your lifting career and the base strength should be prioritised first
>>
>>42404841
Does it matter how frequently I eat? My body will go into starvation mode if I eat too infrequently right?
>>
>>42404845
I've picked something from the sticky and done this for a month now. I was pretty fit to begin with but not huge.

http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.co.at/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html

I have football training 3 times a week plus 1 match at the weekend.
>>
>>42404911
>if you really want to get in more chest/tri/bi volume right now, you could do some supersets (e.g. throwing in bicep exercises as supersets in Workout A and throwing in chest/tri exercises as supersets in Workout B)

Thanks for the advice, do you have any exercises in mind, I'm not native so it's often hard for me to find good routines. I have pretty good base strength I'm power running for years. Thank you
>>
>>42404922
It takes a lot more than eating infrequently to slow significatively your metabolism. But if you fast for more than 2 non-consecutive days per week, and the second is a bit iffy anyway, you'll feel weaker and life will all around suck, so don't do it. Eating infrequently a la intermittent fasting instead is perfectly ok, as long as you eat at least a meal or 2 per day, and get all the calories you should.
>>
How do I increase my barbell row? I've stalled on LP and need some good ideas to increase it- maybe 3x8 back off sets? Or dumbell rows afterwards?
>>
Do naps for 1 - 1,5 hours count for my sleep?
>>
>>42404536
Nobody has any opinion at all?
>>
>>42404985
Thanks for the info!
>>
>>42404754
Please respond
>>
>>42404923
it's a little bit awkward as SS has you increasing the load each workout, so you can't taper before your weekend. you could butcher the Texas Method and do something like: intensity day on Monday, volume on Wednesday, 'light' on Friday. alternatively, you could stick to SS but do a slight deload (e.g. taking 20% off the lifts) on the Friday. another alternative (and my recommendation) would be to change the routine to one where you're only hitting your lower body twice a week (e.g. a 4-day UL split, like Candito's linear progression plan)

i should add that you can definitely train with some fatigue in your legs, even if you'd want fresher legs for a match. i do am/pm splits on weekdays, where i'm lifting in the mornings and running or on the turbo trainer in the evenings, and it's fine, though i won't be setting PRs on those days. don't let anyone think that you can't do both. you'll develop the capacity to work through it
>>
>21 year old male around 65-67 kg (143-147 lbs) 175 cm (5"9) and skinny fat (belly mostly)
>been hitting the gym, do treadmill for about 30 mins and then workout for 30 mins or so, either daily or every other day (total 1h or little more)

my question is, should i be seeking to lose weight to remove belly fat? i'd say my diet is semi-decent (no fizzy drinks or other kind of garbage. still trying to fix it as well as i can) or do i just try to "balance" / maintain calories (while eating healthy of course) and depend on the treadmill to lose the belly in due time?
>>
>>42404974
you should try out a range of different exercises and see which ones you like! some suggestions:

biceps: barbell/ez-bar/dumbbell curls, preacher curls, hammer curls, 21s, Zottman curls, reverse curls, chin-ups (in a higher rep range)
chest + tri: close-grip bench press, dips
chest: pullovers, flies, cable crossovers
tri: lying tricep extensions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I), skullcrushers, tricep pushdowns
>>
>>42405002
if you've a bar and plates, you should really add in some rows, deadlifts or sumo deadlifts, front squats, and maybe floor presses. you can also do a lot more with the rings than you might imagine (ring chest flies, ring rows, ring lateral raises, ring face pulls, ring ab rollouts...)
>>
I've been off of soda for kind of 3 years now, and I realized I don't eat anything with much sugar anyway. I just tried sipping a little bit of coke and took a bite out of cake at a birthday and holy shit, it tastes so fucking bad. It's like I can taste the artificial syrup and I almost gagged. What causes this? Will it be like this for everything I haven't consumed for a long while?
>>
>>42405125
there's no definitive answer and it depends on how much fat you're carrying, what you want to look like, and what your priorities are. i'd eat at a small calorific deficit until you reach your target bf% and then lean bulk/recomp/lean bulk/etc.—but i find cutting to be pretty unpleasant

some people agree with me (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ), others favour larger swings. it's your choice; there's not much in the way of real science, here
>>
File: Screenshot_20170805-124348.jpg (172KB, 540x1879px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170805-124348.jpg
172KB, 540x1879px
>>42403520
R8 my wo
>>
I'm doing reverse pyramid training, plus extra stuff for extra volume. I'm trying to plan my accessories for my squat and deadlift days. I was thinking:

Squat - RPT style
RDLs or hyperextensions 4x8/5x10
arms/misc shit

DL - RPT style
Front Squat or Leg Press 4x8
arms/misc shit

I think for my squat day, the RDL is likely better as it's a compound, but what about my deadlift day? I really like hypers and should probably do them, but I don't know where to put them.
>>
I'm new at lifting. If I'm not supposed to ohp in the squat rack, where do I do this?
>>
>>42405248
you became acclimated to large amounts of sugar and your senses have since recalibrated themselves. (if you've ever baked a typical cake, you'd know how much sugar goes into it.) people experience the same thing with fatty foods: when i was a teenager, i used to eat KFC regularly, and then i stopped; i'm now in my late-twenties had the urge for some a few months ago. the oiliness and fattiness were totally disgusting and it was physically hard to digest. vegetarians often report that they find meat hard to digest after a few years of not eating it

this doesn't hold for all foods, mind. if you stopped eating bread for a few years and came back to it, it'd be fine. i'm not sure exactly what the limits of the phenomenon are
>>
Going to the gym for the first time tomorrow.
Any tips ?
>>
>>42405394

It seriously fucked with my brain when it happened. It's definitely a good thing though, and what you say makes sense. Thanks.
>>
>>42405341
my gym only has squat racks so it's acceptable. your gym will have what looks like half of a squat rack, do ohp there.
>>
>>42405425
Thank you!
>>
>>42403520
Related to health rather than fitness, but has anyone had problems with dry skin at all? My scalp has been so dry it is literally keeping me awake at night itching and bleeding, nothing the doctor has given me works so has anyone had any success with natural remedies?
>>
>>42405414
it's disconcerting, but the implications are even more so: the majority of people are happily eating and drinking this junk without even sensing how awful it is for them. the same applies to sleep patterns, being sedentary, and much else—people harm their health and their happiness and don't even realise they're doing it
>>
I swear there used to be a routine general? Regardless are there any bodyweight routines you guys could recommend for somebody with 0 equipment?
>>
In regards to weight loss how much faster could a person lose weight if they did both cardio and diet or either one by itself.
>>
>>42405324
Not bad for a 1 split, I would probably do squats a bit sooner in A, swap with curls for example. You have a lot of quite useless shit in there as well, you dont always have to do them all. Ab work, forearm work, calves etc. You can just pick one/some of them per day and focus on that a bit more. See if that works for you.

How long does that take you?
>>
File: SKruJBF.png (31KB, 481x584px) Image search: [Google]
SKruJBF.png
31KB, 481x584px
pic related has been my routine for a couple months. my DL has gone from 130lbs to 250lbs and now they really fucking suck to do. I absolutely hate them. Also I want to squat more. My question is, would it be okay to cut out all deadlifts and replace with squats? Or is that stupid af?
>>
Anyone have a good 5 day split I can start?
>>
If SL/SS is a meme what the heck should a flabby fat weakling be doing in the gym instead?
>>
>>42405608
you really ought to get a pair of rings (super cheap, easy to hang up, and a lifetime investment), parallel bars, or something—there's no way to work your back unless you can pull your bodyweight. if you do get something like that, you could use reddit's routine https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/faq
>>
>>42405750
GSLP + accessories > SL/SS. "SS is a meme" is a meme. GOMAD is a meme
>>
>>42405771
I'm not doing GOMAD. I'm on a calorie deficit whilst doing SL, as the sticky states I should lose a bunch of fat / bmi before bulking properly.
>>
>>42405771
""SS is a meme" is a meme" is a meme.
>>
Caveat: I lift (mostly) for strength, just as a fun hobby (I did powerlifting competitions back in college, but not now)

I want to live a long, strong, healthy life. Should I disregard conventional deadlifts and just do hexbar deadlifts since there's less strain on the back? Only thing is you can't put as many plates on (I currently deadlift 5pl8 conventional)

Also hex is kinda in between squat and deadlift as a movement, could hex replace both to keep my shit super simple?
>>
>>42405679
>would it be okay to cut out all deadlifts and replace with squats?
if you did that, you'd be missing out on a lot of development of the posterior chain. what you probably hate about doing deadlifts is the number of reps. you could do something like 5/3/1 for deadlifts (with no deload week), so that (A,2) becomes 5/5/5+, (B,2) becomes 3/3/3+, and (B,3) becomes 5/3/1+. percentages are here: https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/531-how-to-build-pure-strength

personally, i think his percentages are too low for a non-advanced lifter and you should just do 85% (of your actual estimated 1RM) for the 5s and 90% for the 3s, but you'll figure it out
>>
>>42405811
https://www.strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/

it's up to you, but i would say: yes, either trap-bar or sumo deadlifts. there are trap bars out there (like Rogue's) that'll take far more than 5(iron)pl8. you could probably get your gym to buy one
>>
>>42405675
Thank you for the thoughtful response. It is listed in no particular order. I do compounds first: Press, Squat, Back, and Chin/Dips. Then after that I do the accessories in order of importance to me. Calves are crucial.
>>
>>42405811
>>42405854
that is: yeah, you could disregard conventional deadlifts in favour of trap-bar deadlifts. i should've added that trap-bar deadlifts are a lot closer to a deadlift than they are to a squat, so you should probably still train both a deadlift variant and a squat variant
>>
>>42405675
>How long
1-2 hrs
>>
best whey protein? doesnt matter the price, just the quality and taste

shoo shoo shills
>>
>>42405679
>>42405820
*(B,1) becomes 3/3/3+
>>
>>42405820
Yeah you're right, dropping deadlifts is stupid. It isn't the reps I hate, it's just the feeling of using a lot of weight. (Again I know 250lbs is nothing to write home about but it's way, way more than my lanky ass ever thought I'd do) The bar tears up my calluses and if I do even 1 crappy rep, my back suffers for the next 2 days. I'm not aspiring to be a powerlifter so maybe I'll just drop the weight a little
>>
>>42405675
Also AcBcAxx and switch. not sure if that needed to be said. c = cardio day, 30 min run
>>
>>42405890
ON Gold Standard - Chocolate
>>
>>42405897
if you're tearing callouses, you should manage them with a pumice stone; they're dirt cheap and very effective. if you're fucking your back up with the occasional deadlift with poor form, consider switching to a sumo stance or to trap-bar deadlifts. they're a lot less sensitive to deviations in form
>>
What percent of my diet should be fat ? (For maintenance)
>>
>>42405995
Will do both, thanks. Do those alternative deadlifts use the same or less weight than standard?
>>
>>42406089
100%

But really, I tend to do 40f/40p/20c when I'm in maintain mode.
>>
What's the difference between the trap bar and straight bar for deadlifts and is one better?
>>
>>42406110
almost everyone finds that they can pull a little more with a trap bar. as for sumo vs conventional: this depends on your leverages and your technique; you'd have to relearn how to deadlift. i'd recommend the trap bar as the technique is easier and you won't be taking any steps backwards

>>42406179
see https://www.strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/
>>
What kind of lifts should I do if I want to be /fit/ enough to revolt against the establishment?
>>
>>42404394
What is that? It looks pretty good, mate
>>
>>42404368
What are your lifts at?
>>
>>42404535
It doesn't. Nearly all research ever done on the subject of macro ratios and their effect on weight loss show no difference.
>>
File: 1499801755731.png (22KB, 640x118px) Image search: [Google]
1499801755731.png
22KB, 640x118px
>>42404923
SS is actually good for athletes.

Also pic related. Anons mock this routine, but it's solid if you're also playing sports.
>>
>>42404535
The body burns carbohydrates first and stores the rest as glycogen (to be used usually during workouts or when you're active) because it's the easiest and quickest source of energy to use. Once it's all depleted, the body uses fat as energy since it has no available glucose. That's also why psmf diets work; bodies don't want to use amino acids as energy and it has no glucose so it burns the fat in it instead
>>
>>42404368
Any bodybuilding split.
>PPLPPLx
>Push/Pull
>5-day bro split
>Upper/Lower
>PPLxULx
>Jacked & Tan 2.0
>Naturally Enhanced
>PHAT

https://imgur.com/gallery/SucME
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833
>>
>>42404394
Remove.
>>
>>42404986
How frequently do you train it? I'd recommend treating it like how you would a bench press, training maybe 2-4x a week and using varying reps/weight
>>
Reddit says that SS and SL are bad. Are they right?
>>
Where can I get Viagra or whatever other drug makes me get hard in the states?

I have ED and I want to fuck my gf
>>
>>42406413
they're clearly worse than some of the obvious alternatives (GSLP, Candito's LP), but they're fine for novices
>>
File: wesley pipes.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
wesley pipes.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>42406414
Why not go full cuck?
>>
>>42406146
Much appreciated anon
>>
>>42405854
>>42405881
>stronger by science
Great taste, anon, one of the few scientific lifting sources.

Thanks for the advice.

At present I do yolk bar squats (wrist injury, ligament damage prevents normal high/lowbar squats)

Once my wrist heals (should be 2 more months of physical therapy), what would be the best for balance's sake to go with the hexbar deadlifts, front squats?

Thanks again
>>
Too weak to do chin/pull ups at the moment. What can I do to train/prepare myself to do them at some point in future. Gym doesn't have an assisted pull up machine.
>>
>>42406847

lat raises
>>
>>42406808
i think any kind of squat would be fine, including yoke/SSB squats. as you're wanting to look after yourself in the longer run, the front squat would be my choice. it's clearly less stressful on the lower back (a more vertical back angle, smaller loading) and there's some evidence that it's better for the joints: "The front squat was as effective as the back squat in terms of overall muscle recruitment, with significantly less compressive forces and extensor moments. The results suggest that front squats may be advantageous compared with back squats for individuals with knee problems such as meniscus tears, and for long-term joint health." (http://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2009/01000/A_Biomechanical_Comparison_of_Back_and_Front.41.aspx)
>>
Is it actually necessary to rest a day after working out to let your muscles heal?
>>
im already taking creatine and protein.
should i try a preworkout? if so, what brand do you recommend?
>>
>>42403592
I use one called Progression
It's not great but it does the job>>42403611
>>
where exactly do i place the bar when i squat?
>>
I need to reach a goal of 20 pull ups in one set in a year's time from today.
I am currently at 7 - 8.
What exercises should I do?
>>
>>42407071
no—at the extreme end, some people c&j, snatch, and front squat every day (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWOm-1mIE6A) and others do multiple workouts a day. it's therefore not 'necessary'; whether it's optimal is a different question, and it depends on your history, goals, etc.

it does take a little time to build up to working the same muscle groups on consecutive days, but not nearly as much as you might think. we're talking weeks, not years
>>
>>42407008
Thanks anon. I'm turning 25 tomorrow, but I try to plan ahead.
>>
>>42407110
on top of your rear delts, or on top of your traps, or on your front delts, or overhead, or in the crease of your elbow, or even behind your legs...
>>
>>42407122
Hey, >>42407114 here.
Does that mean I could just du pull ups everyday? Would it be effective? As effective as a more sophisticated plan?
>>
>>42407114
pull-ups and fork-put-downs. also: http://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/greasing-the-groove-how-to-make-it-work-for-you
>>
im really fat, but im also really weak.
I want to get stronger but i also want to cut to see results.
what do
>>
Anyone have any experience with MyProtein Total Breakfast? Thinking about getting a couple of their gainers but thought the Breakfast sounded good on paper as I'm usually not very hungry in the morning.

Also what are the best flavors? Or should I go for the unflavored ones?
>>
How much of an affect does bodyfat have on the way your back looks? Specifically lats but any info is cool
>>
>>42407203
I've been there.

Go on a slow cut (like losing 0.5 lbs a week), with high protein (at least 75% bw every day, so 150g if you weighed 200 lbs for example).

Also cut fast food and soda, try to keep sugar and sodium low in general if you can.

Good luck anon, lift heavy.
>>
>>42407281
thanks man, ill work on it
>>
>>42407203
to echo >>42407281:
cut and lift (GSLP until you stall, then something like Candito's LP) simultaneously, but make it a gradual, slow cut (say 300kcal/day under your TDEE). and don't neglect cardio. throw in, say, 30 minutes of low-impact cardio (swimming or biking) at the end of each workout

& remember that it's a marathon, not a sprint. progress will be slow. gl
>>
>>42407294
Myfitnesspal is the best btw, used it for years

Scan barcodes or search by brand, etc.

Always put in your food before you eat, not after. Pain in the ass but do it consistently and after a couple weeks it's second nature. Sometimes I even plan the whole day ahead of time.
>>
skelly currently breaking out of anorexia mode
started at
>6'3 122lbs
now im
>6'3 145lbs
its hard to eat so much, but im making decent progress thanks to brotein shakes and peanut butter.
anyways my question. I have a solar heated pool. its been >90 degrees recently, but i enjoy swimming and i feel it helps recover doms. since its so hot its impossible to have any sort of endurance, but i do butterfly, breaststroke, freestyle daily. i have a solid gym routine as well, but im curious if im cucking myself out of gainz. i know im burning calories, but since im a slightly toned skelly is the swimming beneficial or should i cut it?
thanks for reading my blogpost
>>
>Move to new city
>Want to get lifting
>Autistic as fuck and have no friends

How to get gym bros, /fit/?
>>
>>42407075
Bump
>>
How's my routine? Currently going to the gym 6 times a week.
What should I change/add/leave out?

Push day
Bench press 3x 5-8
OHP 3x 5-8
Incline bench 3x 10-12
Dips 3x10-12
Rope push down 3x 10-12

Pull day
Rows 3x 5-8
Chins 3x 5-8
Deadlifts
Bicep curls 3x 10-12

Leg day
Squats 3x 5-8
Leg extension 3x 10-12
Lying leg curl 3x 10-12
Planks 3x F
>>
File: 1458332375406.jpg (13KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1458332375406.jpg
13KB, 250x242px
So is it pretty much impossible to lose fat without loosing muscle?
>>
>>42406847
https://youtu.be/CdtrfXK7bcg
>>
How many protein shakes can/should i have a day?
>>
>>42407322
Thanks for the echo, I forgot to mention cardio. I just do a cycling machine and read a book desu, though if my gym had a pool I'd swim laps, great for relieving soreness.

>>42407712
Try to calculate (Google) how many calories the swimming burns, and eat that on top of your normal intake.

>>42407739
Hit 3pl8 deadlift for reps, then find someone in the 3pl8 to 4pl8 range and talk tips, no homo

>>42407075
I only use it occasionally for maxing or (in the past) competitions. You get addicted to caffeine, so if you don't take it normally and save for special occasions, it gives a good effect.

>>42407902
Looks pretty good to me, maybe more core? Ab wheel is meme, but a good meme

>>42408088
See
>>42407281 and
>>42407322

Slow cut (0.5 lbs lost a week) and high protein (at least 75% bw)

I've lost 18 lbs and my strength hasn't gone down (or up, but that's good enough for me)

>>42408150
Try not to rely on it, eat more lean meats if possible.

I have oatmeal for breakfast, chicken for lunch and fish for dinner, don't need powder that way.

I know that's not possible for everyone, but I'd try to limit protein shakes to once a day (2 scoops c'mon)
>>
>>42406413
I dunno dude. You ready to disregard the advice of professional trainers who have been doing this since 1988 and released books on the mechanical physiology of the human body, or trust some anonymous retard named BilboFaggins who doesn't even post progress pics?
>>
I have decent home gym at home, but am moving up to uni and can't bring the stuff.

I was thinking of buying a shit tier spin lock barbell and getting olympic attachments for it, and buying a couple 25kg plates.

Is there any cheaper way to get heavy stuff than 25kg plates?
>>
>>42407071
When you exercise, you stress and damage the cells in your body. You give your body nutrients so that your cells can repair themselves, and if you damaged your cells in the right way, they repair in such a method that they become more resistant to that stress in the future.

You are asking if you really need to wait to repair your cells before you can damage them again.
>>
anyone got a good stretching guide? hopefully with a focus on improving lower body flexibility especially
>>
I took a massive shit at work which wouldn't flush. I left without flushing or washing my hands so it looked like I walked out in disgust to find another toilet. No one saw me walk in or out of the toilet. How do I stop feeling guilty about this? Is there a possibility anyone will find out?
>>
can i get /fit/ without whey and other supplements?
at the moment i'm getting protein by drinking milk and eggs before going to the gym and drinking milk after
(i started gym a month ago, i'm 176cm and 70 kg)
>>
>>42408346
Of course. Supplements are 5% at the most.
>>
File: 1341966132.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1341966132.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Recovering fatass here, weighed 125kg in the beginning, currently weighing 80kg but have basically no muscles. At what bodyfat% do you think I am currently?
I am starting lifting to replace 3 out of my 5 cardio days but i'm worried about lose skin regardless of what I do at this point (29 years old).

Also yes, my stomach is disgustingly hairy, that shit will be fixed when I'm ready to show it off in a year or so.
>>
File: PHAT.png (42KB, 461x1048px) Image search: [Google]
PHAT.png
42KB, 461x1048px
This is my current routine. It's based off a PHAT routine I found and I want to know if it's at least somewhat good.
>>
Gainlet here, been adding 5 kg (10 pounds) to my deadlift on every workout that I do it but it's getting pretty hard to do at 120 kg (265 lbs). Is it time to start microloading or do I suck it up and keep adding the same weight until I fail?
>>
>>42403520
What's the best protein in the market?
just found out about pic related and its expensive but I dont mind paying for the best
>>
>>42408634
100% whey
>>
>>42408401
Get rid of love handles and shave as you said and you'd have some gud bodybuilding potential.
>>
Just noticed I have long ass femurs. Is this why my squat lags behind my other lifts
>>
File: product.png (125KB, 353x347px) Image search: [Google]
product.png
125KB, 353x347px
What's the /cheapest/ whey protein on the market that's not ground pig anus from china?

I've been buying this at target for $17 a jar but it doesn't last long. Tastes real good though

(p.s. is two scoops two literal scoops of the scooper in the jar, or is it like laundry detergent where they keep it ambiguous so you fill the entire cup with detergent/use two scoops of powder when "two scoops" are combined into the one scooper?)
>>
>>42408634

not that guy but what is the real difference between protein powders?
this one kind my friend uses and suggested to me's main ingredient is "low temperature processed cross-flow micro-filtrated whey protein isolate with 100% hydrolyzed isolated whey peptide fractions" with the rest just being flavoring and coloring stuff.
all that sounds like fancy pancy bullshit. plus it's triple the price of my protein. is it worth that price if they're both basically just 100% whey powder?
>>
>>42409062
Im also wondering this
I want THE best protein in the market, with no filler or unhealthy garbage
been using myprotein due to that labdoor thing but dunno
>>
>>42409046
powder can clump together and you'd never know. the scoop is a good guess, probably not going to be more than 3 grams over or under. you should be weighing this shit up anyway unless you just don't care that much. nothing but going by its weight is accurate when it comes to calculating the nutrition content of anything.
>>
>>42409078
looks like I'm buying a digital counter scale once and for all then

any recommendations for cheap whey protein then?
>>
>>42409110
>any recommendations for cheap whey protein then?
my protein
pretty much the cheapest for good quality you are going to get outside of one off deals.
>>
>>42409110
myprotein is goat

theyre always making discounts and shit so try to catch a decent one and you can get a lot for cheap
>>
>>42403520
>pre workout even though I go to bed after gym?
Is it impossible for you to workout earlier? Try to have at least an hour or two after the gym before you start heading to bed. Ideally 4+ hours but I am guessing you have reasons that prevent you from having that big a gap.

You can try taking something like L-theanine when you get home. Off the top of my head I am not sure what else would work best to calm you down. Check out examine.org and find whatever has good evidence as being calmative/improving sleep quality/reducing the effects of caffeine.
>>
do I drink a protein shake on my off days?
>>
>>42409046
>>42409062
>>42409076
no one has any info regarding this?
>>
Anyone know of testosterone boosters that actually work? pls halp
>>
File: indesDx.jpg (85KB, 721x1280px) Image search: [Google]
indesDx.jpg
85KB, 721x1280px
I just had arm surgery and I cant lift weights for like 6 months, what do?
>>
>>42409046
>>42409062
>>42409076
>>42409200

I'll throw in my two cents.

Basically three groups of protein powders: slow digesting, fast digesting, and blends.

Best slow = casein. Take before bed.

Best fast = whey. Take after workout. Don't forget about carbs though.

Blends = never worth the money.

You can also get plant based protein powders but I've never had a tasty one. Right now I'm using ON Gold Standard Whey (French vanilla creme) and ON gold standard casein (vanilla). They're cheapest on Amazon, and comparable to the lower priced powders.
>>
>>42409232
leg day every day
machines only
final destination
>>
How do i prevent my hands from becoming cold, clammy, and sweaty? This happens a lot when I'm nervous and it destroys my confidence. This happens no matter what temp outside or inside
>>
>>42409252
shatter your wrist so it destroys the nerve inside so you can't feel your hand anymore
>>
>>42409240
I see I see

but what brand of whey is better than another? What should one look for in the ingredients list or what to look for in how it's produced, packed, or whatever?
are the only things that matter are price, that it's 100% whey concentrate, and it's calorie/protein ratio?
>>
>>42409232
Guy with wrist injury here
>>42409247 this
>>
Do you guys have to pay a separate membership for your gym squire? I recently changed gyms and they said he has to have his own membership. It's not really fair because he's not actually exercising.
>>
>>42409335
What the fuck is a gym squire?
>>
File: 1496840160480.jpg (34KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496840160480.jpg
34KB, 640x640px
>>42409288
>>
If my clothes are soaking wet after an hour of cardio in a well ventilated room, is that normal or am I a heavy sweater?
I mean, it looks like I just got out of a pool, but my face isn't flush and I'm not really hot.
>>
>>42409398
You know, the guy who racks and loads my weights.
>>
File: ground turkey.png (20KB, 804x465px) Image search: [Google]
ground turkey.png
20KB, 804x465px
Very stupid question incoming and I'm not sure how I can't grasp this.

I had pic related for dinner and was wondering how I measure servings for frozen meats. Does it change when cooked? If I were to cook this and eat the entire thing would it still be 680 calories? I think I'm confused because I figured this meat would be pretty low in calories.
>>
File: quest.jpg (8KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
quest.jpg
8KB, 150x150px
Can I do jumping jacks for 30-60 minutes instead of jogging?
>>
>>42409612
>Does it change when cooked?
Only if you render out fat.
680 cals for 4oz. of turkey doesn't seem right, did you check the serving size?
>>
is vitamin K2 really necessary when taking a vitamin D3 supplement (5000 IU/day)?
>>
>>42409680
1 serving is 4oz, which is 170cal

So I guess eating 16oz(4 servings) would indeed be 680cals

Ok thanks, I guess I just underestimated the calories of this ground turkey
>>
File: step board.jpg (28KB, 800x728px) Image search: [Google]
step board.jpg
28KB, 800x728px
>>42409652
Get pic related and just run in place.
>>
>>42409717
So jumping jacks don't make for efficient cardio?
>>
>>42409723
They're fine, I suggested that since you mentioned jogging.
>>
>>42409772
Oh, thank you. Can I make one or do you have to buy it?
>>
>>42403520
how do i start working out?
>>
>>42409787
Just anything that is study will work.
I use a foot tall concrete block.
"Fast feet" drills on it will give you a good HIIT workout if you go hard enough.
>>
>>42409821
*sturdy
>>
File: IMG_5874.jpg (42KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5874.jpg
42KB, 500x334px
>>42409821
I like learning useful things. Thanks again, Anon.
>>
Stopped working out 3 months ago because of my finals. Now I graduated and have free time.

I'm a girl 132 lbs, 5'1"

Should I go back to GS, is there a special workout you would recommend, should I work every day of the week now? Should I cardio+workout (I will be going on a bike to the gym anyways)
>>
Ive been using the same PPL routine for a few months now and am starting to plateau hard. Should i switch routines or deload?
>>
if i'm not sore the day after going to the gym does that mean i didn't work out hard enough?
>>
I just drank 11 shots in 2 hours-ish

I'm 245 6'4"

Am I gonna die?
>>
>>42405496
never had problems to that extent but i raise greyhounds and they have dry skin issues a lot. try eating sardines in oil. also dont go scrubbing it all the time with products, that might strip away all the natural oils, so give it a break on the chemicals and try the sardines for even say 1 week and see if it makes any kind of difference. wash scalp with a higher pressure, one of those ones that attaches in your shower to wash the dead flakes away. if sardines in oil doesnt work see if you can find a shampoo with oatmeal, and if that doesnt work then find a product called "coal tar" as a last ditch thing. follow the instructions on the bottle.
>>
>>42405496
and by sardines in oil i mean at least one of those small rectangular cans once/day.
>>
When is the gym least populated?
I'm going to start lifting pretty soon but I despise people. I'm incredibly antisocial and introverted, hence why I only ever run at night and at the least populated areas near me.
>>
File: fit.jpg (43KB, 406x451px) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
43KB, 406x451px
My nipples are placed halfway on my pec muscle. Everyone I see the nipple is at the very bottom of the pec. Should I just dgaf or am I fugged
>>
>>42410209
just buy some cheap equipment and workout at home. that's what i do
>>
>>42410273
I don't have the room for equipment.
>>
>>42410306
i just keep all my shit out in the backyard. i used to go to the gym though at like 3 in the morning when i was a neet
>>
>>42410342
>backyard
I have a room
>>
>>42410146
It will be extremely painful.
>>
>>42410413
He's a big guy
>>
File: old cunt of an english teacher.jpg (34KB, 654x535px) Image search: [Google]
old cunt of an english teacher.jpg
34KB, 654x535px
>>42409652
I don't know, can you?
>>
>>42409919
If it's been 3-6 months, give it a shot. I like to try to do something as different as possible, so from PPLPPLx, maybe try a 3x/week fullbody strength or Naturally Enhanced.
>>
>>42409820
read the sticky, do the things,
>>42410123
Post workout soreness usually stops after a few months of training
>>
When I squat my right hip hurts, what do I need to do about this?
>>
i've done SS for about 6-7 months and im ready to move on to a new program. I was wondering what routine would be ideal if my goal is just to be lean and aeshetic?
>>
File: 1501445561617.jpg (30KB, 351x442px) Image search: [Google]
1501445561617.jpg
30KB, 351x442px
i have to eat 3400 cal every day

how

how 2 if vegan?

How do I become clarence knededy!?
>>
>>42409820
GSLP + RECOMP
>>
>fat guy
>was 355 10 months ago, down to 260, 25% body fat
>wanted to see if met requirements to join a branch of the military
>met everything except weight for height

how do i either drop down to 230lbs or to 15% body fat faster?

last 2 months i havent lost any weight but i didnt check body fat % til about a month ago, added push ups and more arm focused weight lifting after i checked what % i was at
>>
Is it better to take creatine before or after a workout?
>>
>>42410825
both
>>
>>42410209
go to a 24hr gym outside staffed hrs
it's a graveyard
>>
during push pull should i be doing bench or ohp first, or alternate?
>>
>>42410825
Does not matter, just get your ~4g per day.
>>
are shoulder doms real?
>>
>>4241085
>~4g
oh fuck ive been taking way too much
>>
>>42410726
pls respond
>>
>>42404475
The lifts themselves and how low effort I put in. I'm burnt out and feel my heart is about to explode by the end of each exercise but after 10 minutes I feel like staying more and doing more in the gym than just squat/bench(ohp)/deadlifts.

>>42406259
Squats:150
Bench:115
Deadlift:180
(all in lbs)

>>42406368
Which one do you think I can be most free with? Time is a very big concern of mine. PPLPPLX is not possible at all. Do you think I can change the program to suit 3 rest days/week or I should get onto another program?
>>
File: 20170805_234545.jpg (227KB, 438x989px) Image search: [Google]
20170805_234545.jpg
227KB, 438x989px
Cut or bulk? I feel fat, but I also don't feel like I have enough muscle to warrant a bulk.
>>
>>42403520
complete DYEL.

to my understanding, to make decent gains, gotta go like this:

SS==>Plateau==>PPL==>advanced workout that prevents too much overlap of compound lifts

is this correct? also, the calorie intake is doing fine, but I just became aware that I need to meet macros for the macromolecules. What's a good macro to supplement routine?
>>
>>42410922
just do PPL or Upper lower split
>>
File: fsdgdf.png (376KB, 478x638px) Image search: [Google]
fsdgdf.png
376KB, 478x638px
whats the name of this muscle?
>>
>>42411021
That's your lat. Although you may also be referring to the teres major.
>>
>>42411049
it's the front lat right? and the teres major is the one above it
>>
File: dfgf.png (370KB, 478x638px) Image search: [Google]
dfgf.png
370KB, 478x638px
>>42411049
>>42411092
aren't these two different?

Do i have no serratus?
>>
>>42411108
That could be your teres major pushing up against your lat. Idk tho. You're too fat to see your serratus clearly, but so am I. You can kinda see it between to right end of the green v and your middle spot in the sport archipelago.
>>
if i want to get more powerful for rugby should i be doing jerks instead of overhead press or are hang cleans enough?

I had a proper coach at uni teach me how to hang clean but not how to jerk so would have to learn it myself
>>
>>42411108
>>42411021
where is your armpit hair?
>>
>>42411200
feels good to pluck it man

>>42411165
But, shouldn't the serratus be just below my armpit?
idk you're probably right
>>
How long should I expect to be getting incredibly sore? I just started working out, did arms on Thursday and chest/back on Friday. Problem is I'm so sore I can't work out, I took a rest day and might take another. I can't get comfortable at night and keep waking up every hour, it's 3AM now.
>>
>>42410209
>>42410351
if it's a 24-hour gym, then it'll be least populated in the middle of the night. gyms are also not very busy during the working day. if you go onto (((Google Maps))) and look at a particular gym, they often have a graph of how typically busy the gym is over the day

an extremely compact home gym is possible. you can get pretty far with a pair of spinlock dumbbells and a bench. you could do GSLP but replace squats with Bulgarian split squats, deadlifts with single-legged dumbbell RDLs, and rows with single-arm dumbbell rows. if you've got somewhere you can hang a pair of rings, then you're golden
>>
>>42411281
a few weeks or months,
>>
>>42410209
From 3-5pm
>>
>>42411281
always dude
>>
>>42411304
>>42411312
I just want to be able to stretch my arms out and sleep peacefully. Fugg
>>
>>42411330
Enjoy it senpai, it feels good.

Also, its OK to take a day or two if the DOMS is too intense, just don't miss the next workout.
>>
how long will it take me to exceed a 330lb max weight limit power rack using starting strength starting as a person who has never worked out and gets sore from doing body weight squats
>>
>>42410945
you'll find that, as your lifts progress, the feeling of being able to do a great deal more will start to vanish (though, of course, the feeling of exhaustion can be worked through). (i appreciate that a 180lb deadlift might feel like a lot, but eventually you'll be pulling double that.)

SS is meant to start off slowly and progress steadily. there are ways to accelerate the rate of progression (e.g. switching to GSLP, but with a change like 'I will double the standard increment if I get ≥8 reps on the AMRAP set'). also, if you want more variety, GSLP + plug-ins is the way to go. (the plug-ins should ideally not interfere with the main lifts, e.g. rear delt, lateral delt, ab, and bicep exercises.)

you could also add accessories to SS, but it wouldn't be SS anymore. Rippetoe is averse to novices changing SS as they'll usually change it for the worse

ultimately, you can do whatever you want and you should follow a routine that you'll actually stick to; this may not be SS. whatever routine you pick should be aimed at novices (as your lifts are weak); anything more advanced would waste your time. my recommendation would be GSLP + plug-ins until you stall, followed by Candito's LP (strength/hypertrophy)
>>
>>42410957
more like:

any novice routine (GSLP, SS, etc.) -> plateau -> any advanced novice routine/early intermediate routine (Candito LP, nSuns 5/3/1, etc.) -> plateau -> any intermediate routine -> by now you'll know what you're doing

i think PPL is a poor choice as (1) people end up filling their workout with shite like '3x(8–12) cable pushdowns' and (2) people don't need 72 hours between exercises. a UL split or an (intelligently organised) full-body split over 4 or 5 days is more sensible

macros: a simple division is 40% carbs/40% protein/20% fat (by calorific content). don't be religious with this. it depends on a lot of factors (e.g. if you decide to start training for a gran fondo, you'll be cramming in a lot of carbs)
>>
>>42411396
Really depends
are you fat? skinny? tall? short?
>>
>>42411440
i'm 5'10 and ~190 lbs. so skinnyfat i guess. i live in rural mississippi with no gym access so i'm trying to pick a routine and buy some cheap equipment on amazon so i can workout at home
>>
>>42411459
If you're really into lifting + a nice diet you're gonna squat 315lbs in maybe 10-11 months
>>
>>42411470
alright thanks. i'll probably just step it up to the 600lb max one then
>>
>>42411459
>cheap equipment
Plates are not that cheap senpai
>>
I have a Mate that makes Fun of me cuz u lift and am trying to get big
Meanwhile the fucker Sips beer and cocktails and is getting fat as fuck he also is becomming a truck driver i highly doubt that Will be good for his appearance
So what's are some good tips to deal with his bs or some good comebacks i van Tell the kid to Destroy his confidence?
>>
>>42411482
yeah no kidding, lol. i'm planning to just get the cheapest ones i can find and accumulate more as i progress. i'm weak as fuck right now so it hopefully it wont cost too much to get me started
>>
>>42411485
just keep on lifting man
Why would someone mock you for trying to look better?
>>
>>42403520
For general weight loss, does the 3-day Military diet actually work?
When not combined with exercise, it just seems like you're starving yourself and adding some metabolism boosters.
Which I guess for the average off day/lazier person could work, but still.
>>
>>42411516
Well you light be surprised but he's kind of An asshole
>>
File: kim41251_2000x.jpg (245KB, 1500x1418px) Image search: [Google]
kim41251_2000x.jpg
245KB, 1500x1418px
I'm doing PPL atm. Can I do
>pull, push, legs
instead of
>push, pull, legs
>>
What are some good resources to read up on the effects of various drugs and supplements I could be taking? I'm looking for something that gets a little beyond surface level and explains some of the science behind it.
>>
after how many days of nofap do i see/feel sum results?
>>
>>42411554

nigga even worrying about this shit is beta as fuck, keep doing what you're doing and either laugh off what he says or drop him as friend, its literally that goddamn simple
>>
>>42411620
yes you could even do pull, legs, push
>>42411630
0 days it does nothing
>>
>>42411658
but brah, the lost testo
>>
If I eat 2k over maintenance once a month, will I gain any fat?
>>
>>42411829
an amount too small to let it be part of your internal calculations—an amount that'll be swamped by the measurement error in the supposed calorific content in the rest of the food that you eat in that month
>>
File: 1492834255700.jpg (94KB, 457x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492834255700.jpg
94KB, 457x640px
>When you gain fat, you are adding more fat cells to the body. Those fat cells never go away. They stay with you forever. When you lose weight, they only shrink. If you have been fat in the past, it’s easier to get back to the same level of fatness. As always, doing something for the first time is the hardest. Each re-attempt is easier. You can call this fat memory if you want.
source: http://nattyornot.com/chris-jones-physiques-greatness-steroids/

Is this true? Especially the 'becoming fat again is easier' + fat memory part? Scared of bulking now.

picture unrelated
>>
File: P_20170806_125442.jpg (1MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170806_125442.jpg
1MB, 4096x2304px
How much body fat do i have ?
>>
>>42412132
>>
>tfw arm size went down
>lifts went up
>bw stayed the same

WHAT HAPPENED GUYS
>>
>>42412132
too much
>>
6'2 155lbs still look skinnyfat, how do I into skelly mode. Seem to loose all muscle and no fat
>>
>>42412165
Fat loss muscle gain, muscles are more dense
>>
>>42403520
Got stricter with my ohp form and stopped my elbow flaring. Feeling it on my delts more and I move less weight, what would the reason for this be? Glad I feel it in my delts more and gonna keep doing it, just curious
>>
Should I skip some workouts if my joints hurt?
>>
what is a good routine for someone who wants to build cardio and some small amounts of strength/muscle? I'm trying to become a firefighter and my strength is mostly okay but could also be better but my overall fitness is atrocious

inb4 crossfit
>>
>>42412554
Firefighter where? I've just joined my local UK fire service and the physical tests weren't especially strenuous. I'd focus on getting good at pull-ups, overhead pressing and farmer's walks, which were basically the things I had to do.

Cardio is easy enough, just run a little every day
>>
>>42412586
Ausfailia

it doesn't seem to strenuous either but I have to get to level 8 or 9 on the beep test which I definitely can't do right now. Not fat just very unfit due to being a lazy sack of crap most of my life
>>
>>42412498
Check estrogen. Had joint pains and weird soreness myself and checked my estrogen, e2 and estrodial. All low across the board
>>
Put wife on 1200 cal diet. Most days she eats less. She started ss. Week 3 today she hasn't lost a pound. She is freaking what do?
>>
Can I rotate back extensions and glute ham raises or should I keep one for back day and one for legs?
>>
>>42409844
I'd just get back into what you were doing before if it was working for you.

And always do cardio for dat heart health
>>
>>42411430
ok. thanks so much.
>>
>>42412712
How autistic are you two about calorie counting
>>
Sprained my ankle have to let it rest for around 4 weeks, what leg exercises are safe for me?
>>
>>42412712
she's cheating.
>>
>>42413287
leg extension machine, perhaps.
>>
Are there any bodyweight routines that can be on with no equipment? Even Convict Conditioning requires a pull up bar
>>
>>42413227
I'm not counting any more. Trying to gain and I think your right. I think she is miscounting
>>42413332
Could she be gaining any small amount of muscle? I keep telling her that even though I doubt it highly.
>>
Is it even worth going for buildfat/bearmode if I'm 5'8" with a small frame?
>>
>>42413474
you won't be able to work your back if you don't have any way to pull your own bodyweight. you'd benefit from bars or rings
>>
>>42413511
>Could she be gaining any small amount of muscle? I keep telling her that even though I doubt it highly.
not the guy you're asking, but no; it'd violate basic thermodynamics for her to be recomposing, at a constant mass, when she's eating at a cut (unless she's putting on water weight, somehow). the most likely thing is that she's miscounting

>>42413547
do what you want...?
>>
>>42403520
How long did it take you to start seeing results from your workout?
>>
>>42410726
See
>>42406368
>>
>>42413586
Problem is I travel around a lot and I'm staying in different places. Would it be worth just skipping the back part of a routine or finding a different one? Long term would there be muscle imbalance?
>>
I'm having two fishcakes , 16 grams of fat each, for dinner. Am I fucking up?
>>
>>42413932
I really dont understand your question. You are planning to eat food for dinner. How would that fuck you up?
>>
>new coworker has a 9/10 body
>really friendly, one of the few times in my life I took the initiative
>Always asks me about stuff I do on my off-time
>slowly going back to being an introvert and fucking myself over
How do I keep a conversation going /fit/? Also, how do I keep myself from getting hard every time I spend an extended amount of time around her?
>>
>>42413916
you can pack rings and hang them anywhere there's a strong tree branch or bar (e.g., any playground)—they're very versatile things. if you only work pushing and not pulling, you'll develop imbalances (muscular, postural) over time and i'd recommend against it
>>
opinion on 3x5 vs 5x5 for beginner progressive overload programs? 5x5 seems to add a good 15 minutes to my gym time when I'm squatting but for every other lift i knock them all out. I know many people switch over to 3x5 for strength, but am I robbing myself of anything if I only do 3x5 for one exercise and 5x5 for the others? I understand the higher volume means more hypertrophy but I have thicc thighs already.
>>
Is 160lbs to light for someone of 6ft1? I've got some muscle but would like to get bigger. Is now the time to bulk?
>>
>>42414258
Too*

to do something, too awful, too beautiful

to kill a bird

too bad
>>
File: 1501734486292.jpg (31KB, 470x489px) Image search: [Google]
1501734486292.jpg
31KB, 470x489px
I need your help /fit/

I share the fridge with two people, so I'm really limited on space so some stuff like leeks isn't always possible(shame since it's goat for soups).

anyways the question is, is there any pair (or more) of vegetables that cover basically all my micronutrients needs? I would buy a shit load of them but again, I'm limited in space so would be nice if like 3-5 varieties would cover all.

thanks famalang
>>
>donated plasma yesterday
>hit the gym so hard today my vein reopened

am i gonna die?
>>
I woke up, weighed myself at 200.4.

I drank water and a coffee.

I took a massive dump.

Weighed myself and now am 201.6.

What the actual fuck?
>>
>>42414467
did you recreationally take any anticoagulants? Do you have leukemia? No? Then you will be fine.
>>
>>42414490
water is very dense. poop is not.
>>
>>42414551
what of my gains?
>>
Alright so I've lost like 13 pounds but some of it was definitely mass since my 8 and 5 for weights are like 1 rep maxs. This is understandable since I basically fasted for like a month. But now I want to clean bulk. Does anyone have any meal plans ? I know my cals and macros. I just don't know what to make besides chicken.
>>
File: 1502028957312.png (663KB, 881x612px) Image search: [Google]
1502028957312.png
663KB, 881x612px
>>
I really want to kill my upper body.
Thoughts?

Benchpress 3x5
OHP 3x5
Pendlay Row 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Dips 2x8
Landmine Row 2x8
Weighted Plank 2xMax
Crunches 2xMax
Chinups 3x5
Barbell Biceps curl against wall 3x12
Skullcrushers 3x12
Lateral Raises 3x12
Wrist roller extension + flexion 3x12
Hanging Leg Raises 3x12

All of this 3 times a week.
>>
>>42414765
What about legs nigger. Also redo that ur trying to hit everything at once and it's not gonna work.
>>
>>42414765
lol
>>
Can anyone give me a good calisthenics routine that doesn't neglect the lower back?
>>
>>42414837
https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/faq + https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMC4qSWYSE4
>>
>>42414394
>>42414394
>>42414394
>>42414394
help
>>
>>42414790
I had both my legs permanently fucked up by chechens 5 years ago.
>>
>>42414961
a slav who can't squat... egads
>>
New thread when
>>
post limit reached, new bread
>>42415540
>>42415540
>>42415540
>>
File: 1501880711853.gif (183KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1501880711853.gif
183KB, 500x384px
>>42403520
which is the best way to lose lower belly fat? fasting, running, or swimming
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.