[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critique my deadlift form

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2017-08-05-09-22-29.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-05-09-22-29.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Yo people,
Would appreciate it if people with experience in deadlifting could watch my video and give me feedback on my form.

I try to leg press the weight up but it still feels like I'm just using too much of my back to lift the weight.

I don't normally use straps nor a belt but I was experimenting to see if they helped (same with the hook grip for the deficit deadlifts).

I've plateaued at 242.5kg/530lbs and am keen to lift more. What's worked for you in terms of technique and assistance lifts/deadlift variants?

This is the link:
https://youtu.be/XKmRZlF0p7U
>>
nice video, i dont know shit about deadlifts though
>>
>>42400416
OK, thanks anyway.
>>
>>42400386
Wrong place to ask that, 99% of people don't even deadlift 140kgs, you can try /plg/ tho. Other than that not sure if i's just video angle but it looks like you're not fully locking out.
>>
File: 1501075774357.jpg (15KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
1501075774357.jpg
15KB, 255x204px
>>42400386
Good job OP keep it going, question though. Why don't you go parallel on the BB rows, not shit string just asking because that's how I've always done them. Keep getting thicc big boi
>>
>>42400460
Stiring
>>
When you set the weight down don't slide it back down your thighs over your kneecaps, hinge and let the bar get away from you and bend your knees. It could catch your kneecap and blow it up. Other than that your dead looks pretty solid
>>
>>42400458
Will have a look, thanks. I'm glad you said that because I thought the same. I usually make sure I lock out but I think the straps were messing with
>>
>>42400460
No worries. Yeah sounds like you're doing a pendlay row.
I just do them to move the weight, I could probably do 110kg strict but I find it helps with being explosive fore the deadlift.
>>
>>42400487
Thanks, yeah I could drop the weight but I'm in a commercial £15/month 24 hour type gym so I'd probably get banned quickly. Will look at descending the weight today (off to the gym now).
>>
>>42400573
No no you don't drop it but you clear your knees first. Let it get away from you, then bend your knees. You can do it gently
>>
>>42400487
oh shit not op but I've been doing this and figured it'd b bad for me in the long run. So do I just bend at the waist then the knees and set it down or what?
>>
it seems like you don't lock out your hips completely
>>
>>42400386

Looks fine to me lad.
>>
>>42400386
looks pretty ok besides it not being locked out at the knees. also what birdshits said about not sliding it back down.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.