[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who only do dumbell bench GTFIH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (36KB, 435x271px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 435x271px
What's it like being truly enlightened, anons?

>db bench builds the chest better than bb bench
>strengthens stabilizers
>destroys imbalances that bb bench couldn't
>less chance of shoulder impingement due to more ROM and more freedom on where you can move the weights

If you're not a powerlifter, or are lifting for aesthetics, bb bench is USELESS
>>
File: 1501716818936.jpg (29KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
1501716818936.jpg
29KB, 399x385px
>>42390760

>>destroys imbalances that bb bench couldn't

Please tell me this is bait. I can't believe someone is actually this fucking dumb
>>
>>42390791
>not knowing that most people typically have a dominant side which is slightly stronger than their non dominant side
>this side compensates slightly by doing a bit more work than the weaker side, causing a positive feedback loop of weakness

Don't post here until you've at least lifted for 3 years, DYEL.
>>
I'd start doing these instead of bb bench for the extra ROM, but I don't want to deal with 110lb+ dumbbells in each hand. It seems way to easy to hurt yourself and difficult to get into a good starting position
>>
>>42390851

just lift lighter

it's difficult to get into a good position because ur stabilizers weak
>>
DB Bench fucks up my shoulder everytime, what am i doing wrong
>>
>>42390882
If I lift lighter then I'm not getting a sufficient workout, and my stabilizers are fine, it s just that tossing heavy dumbbells around while trying to lay back and then get back up adds a significant and inefficient workload to the lift
>>
>>42390946
Squeeze your shoulderblades together and tuck your elbows
>>
sup boyos, here is top tier db bench set up routine:
>get dbs from rack and on to your bench
>when ready to go, lift both and sit down so that the dbs are sitting in your lap
>lie back, dbs should automatically fall into perfect position
>when done, drop dbs to either side of you
>lift them back on to bench then rest for next set
>repeat

beautiful, don't be a chode that damages their back trying to do a sit up holding 90lbs dbs
>>
>>42390760
>Dyels trying to complicate training more than necessary, thinking they are professional bodybuilders.

If your chest is not growing from bench press, then your form is wack and/or you're not eating enough. Even low rep bench press gives me a huge chest pump.
>>
>>42391228
fuck off idiot
>>
>>42391417
Fat wannabe powershitter detected
>>
>>42390760
I saw someone snap their peck using dumbbell bench press. Fuck that shit barbell all the way mofo
>>
>>42391470
pray explain
>>
I have an agreement at my gym that I don't do bb bench as i train alone without a spotter but am allowed to do db press. Personally much prefer db press as you can go deeper and really stretch the chest and also i find it easier to focus on the pecs when lifting this way
>>
>>42391502
I'm actually training for aesthetics. I use bench press as my strength builder at the start of my chest workout. It never fails to give me a good pump. I can really feel my chest working.
>>
>>42391521
>tfw gym has a no singles policy
>>
I can do 205 5x5 on bb incline but only 85s on db incline, so I guess bb for strength and db for a pump and more stabilizer incorporation
>>
>>42390851
>It seems way to easy to hurt yourself and difficult to get into a good starting position

Just suspend the dumbbells from your cage using cord bro. Get their height right and you can just get into position and go go go.
>>
i can't go anywhere near as heavy so i just do light db bench to warm up for bb bp.
>>
Is it good to do BB bench for strenght and db bench for hypertrophy?
>>
>>42391855
Yes. That's what I do. Make sure to do your inclines too.
>>
>removing pretty much all the tricep and shoulder work in the movement makes you feel it in your chest more

rly makes me think
>>
>>42390851
dis nigga needs a chopper to air drop his dumbbels lmao
>>
>>42392023
>he benches to train his shoulders
>>
>>42391862
I do incline bb bench for hypertrophy, it has been giving me good results, but is incline db bench better?
>>
>>42391033

You stand in front of the bench shrug/clean the bells to your shoulders, sit down, lean back and you're good to go.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6EV0v8eZJ0
>>
>>42392171
wrong, refer to >>42391228 or >>42391662
>>
>>42392088
I prefer db, but incline anything is good. Flat bb is a meme though
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.