[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fat/ - No Excuses Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 42

File: zsdgtjsz.png (104KB, 1058x1618px) Image search: [Google]
zsdgtjsz.png
104KB, 1058x1618px
Previous thread:
>>42376964

>Who is /fat/ for?
It's for /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage.
http://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure.)
http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week.
http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones.
https://www.myfitnesspal.com
>>
All my pants don't fit anymore. I'm now a 36x36. The numbers are even for once in my fucking life.
>>
keto for 3 months then i went on a week long vacation with family.

ate 60 g of carbs via ice cream bars one day and a chick fil a sandwich on another. Was still in ketosis both days and im balls deep again after i return home. Can your body handle more carbs than internet says or did i slip out and in before measuring ketones because my body is adjusted to the diet? will eating 40-60 g carbs a day fuck me up?
>>
>>42387410
You can probably eat around 50g a day and stay in ketosis. Now that you have been in it for 3 months. It also helps if you are active and workout
>>
>>42387410
The meme answer is 50 carbs a day, but I don't know, everybody is different.
>>
>>42387410
Also, how are you measuring being in ketosis. Keto stix stop working after you become adjusted to the diet. They're not a good way to tell. it's easy to tell you've been kicked out when you wake up feeling like shit, headaches etc.
>>
>>42387440
oh shit, keto sticks dont work after being adjusted? i was using those to measure. Its been as dark as possible and i thought i was good. didnt get any headaches or mood problems though at all
>>
Sticking to below 1300 calories and cutting out bread/gluten, dairy, and most processed foods and I'm finally losing a pound or two a week. Down to 185 from 195, trying to get down to 160 by the end of the year. I'll just be happy though if my old pants start to fit me again.
>>
>>42387440
Do they work for intermittent fasting?
>>
File: IMG_2600.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2600.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm doing really well on my diet, i've lost 25lbs this summer. My senior year at college (EE degree) starts soon and with all the stress i always fall off the horse.
Any ideas how I can stay with the diet even with a ton of stress from school?
>>
File: IMG_1973.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1973.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>tfw summer dnp cycle
>>
>>42387585
just got done with 10 days of 400mg
fucking hell, never again

if my scale is accurate then it's done some magic
>>
>>42387542
Find other ways to deal with stress, like going for peaceful walks, meditation, listening to music, or jackin' it.
>>
>>42387585
Ive heard about that stuff. Is it legal, I cant find anyplace that sells it. do I need to go to mexico.
>>
>>42387542
Cope differently.
Use exercise, creativity, work, anything else. Eating is a common coping mechanism, don't fall into it again.
Different topic, bison meat, yay or nay? Better or worse than other meats?
>>
Going to a BBQ this sunday, my first real test of willpower.
>>
>>42387746
One of the first google results says it's been banned since 1936
>>
Been on keto and IF for 2 weeks now

Seems I am losing fat and keeping lean mass without lifting.

Why the fuck would I ever eat carbs and be skinnyfat?
>>
>>42387824
where can I subscribe to your nutrition blog
>>
>>42387841
I'll keep you posted on /fat/
>>
>same TDEE as a woman
have I made it?
>>
>>42387824
There is no way you can tell that after just 2 weeks.

>>42387865
Manlets can't make it :/
>>
>>42387746
It's literal poison. Avoid it.
>>
I wanted to do keto but how are you supposed to stay below 30g carbs when a piece of bread is 12g and a carrot has 6g?
What vegetables/fruits should I be eating and avoiding?
>>
>>42387966
The whole point is to avoid carbs, so not eating shit like bread.
>>
>>42387966
1. You don't have to be under 30g,most people estimate 40/45g

2. Don't eat bread, obviously

3. Eat leafy green vegetables, a decent amount of protein, and lots of fats (be cared with nuts, as they are good for fat but also have carbs)
>>
>>42387966
Keto is a meme diet. Don't fall for it.

Eat whole foods, no possessed junk, and count calories. I've lost 55lbs doing that and I garuntee it will help you too.
>>
Right then. I guess this is the thread for me.
Let me start by saying that I've been thinking of making this post on /fit/ for probably, I'm not even kidding, a year and a half. I always came up with some excuse not to, something going on in the week, can't start now blah blah.

My diet is ass. Complete garbage. I work 2nd shift so I wake up at noon and toss bagel bites in the toaster oven because it's easy. Drink pop and eat chips with it. I pack the exact same lunch every day which is ham and cheese wraps with ketchup and ranch, and a banana. I get home and toss in a frozen jacks pizza or pick up taco bell. So you get the idea that pizza is most of my diet.
More than anything I think I do it because I don't want to waste time cooking and eating. It seems like if I come home and have to make something and sit down and eat it, it would take an hour and a half, round up to 2 hours. 2 whole fucking hours a day for shit I don't want to do.

I don't exercise in my house because I live with my folks and grandma. There's someone always sleeping or I'm at work. Mom sleeps during the days, dad sleeps at night and in the middle of the day if I'm not home then humans are doing human things. So I can't just make a lot of fucking noise in the basement.

What I want to know is. Is there some fucking green slime healthy drink, to be cliche, that I can drink instead of eating trash? I don't give a god damn if it tastes bad if I can just throw it in a blender and it takes 5 minutes. What I hate most are headaches and stomach aches. I hate being hungry and a lot of the time I feel like I eat just to stop that from happening. So I will drink that crap for lunch if it stops my hunger. I will drink it at work because that's when all I really need is something to stop the hunger and keep working (I don't mind my factory job).

I really don't want to cook plain fucking chicken for an hour each day and then spend 20 minutes eating it.
>>
File: 33HK2pS_d.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
33HK2pS_d.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>42387966

I'm on Keto, IF and Very low calorie diet. It's super easy with Keto, like tonight I'm going to have a one pound baked skinless chicken breast and steamed jalapenos. Don't eat bread, what are you doing, man?
>>
>>42388018
Yes

Body Fuel

Soylent

Optifast

Learn how to cook, but you have options. Start walking for exercise, 10k steps a day.
>>
>>42387585
I just googled that and it said some girl who drank vodka a week after taking it threw up blood and broke a rib and shit.
>>
>>42388018
Why can't you dedicate some time everyday to improving yourself? What is taking up all of your time that is more important than taking a couple of hours to prep healthy meals? Invest in your future anon and don't be a lazy fatass.
>>
>>42388018
Stop being lazy and make actual food. It takes a lot less time than you think.If time is really that big of a deal you can make a weeks worth of meals in an hour and just freeze/reheat them through the week.

My breakfast is cottage cheese. I literally just grab the tub out of the fridge, scoop some into a bowl and I'm done. This shit isn't hard you are just used to it being piss easy
>>
>>42388053
Because I am lazy and I lack discipline. My entire "day" is at night. Right now, until about 4-5am.
Maybe I'm getting the wrong idea of healthy food too. All I'm thinking in my head is plain chicken breast with herbs and spices. It takes so fucking long to cook and eat. I hate it. God damn it, all I want to do is play videogames or watch youtube.
>>
File: 20170801_223555-1.jpg (510KB, 889x1068px) Image search: [Google]
20170801_223555-1.jpg
510KB, 889x1068px
Just started dieting
>>
>>42388001
I always start my morning with an egg sandwich, haven't they started making bread out of those shirataki noodles or whatever yet?

>>42388010
I was going to keto and count calories and workout, I gained 30 pounds two or three years ago and haven't changed at all since.

>>42388004
>>42388034
So avoid squash and stick to leaves and peppers?
>>
File: goodshit.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
goodshit.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
>want to do keto
>but I love noodles too much
>>
>>42388018
If you are unwilling to put in effort, you will not make it.
You HAVE to be willing to put more effort in than just warming up pizza.
Buy a crock pot if you are ok with eating the same thing a lot. There are a ton of easy recipes.
There are a lot of meal replacement powders out there, they help me in a pinch.Cheap too (2.50$ a meal)

If nothing else, just go outside and fast walk for as long as it takes to get tired. But really diet is by far more important for /fat/ loss.

See those links at the top of this thread, use them. Download My Fitness Pal.
Good luck.
>>
>>42388097
>>42388097
Me two days later
>>
>>42388073

>Who is /fat/ for?
>It's for /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

This thread isn't for you then. Good luck with your life
>>
>>42388100
Peppers have some carbs too, dawg.

Renember, you aren't zero carb, you are low carb. Just track what you eat and keep your carbs under 45g.
>>
>>42388073
I'm
>>42388069

I work fulltime 11PM-7AM and don't own a car. I walk a mile to the bus stop and 3.5 miles home in the morning after work, I go to the gym 3 times a week, I spend about an hour and a half there. It takes me an hour to get there and back.

This shit isn't hard if you actually start doing it and stop coming up with shitty excuses for yourself.

>>42388097
your posture looks fucked, start lifting
>>
File: 20170804_003406-1.jpg (1MB, 1153x2078px) Image search: [Google]
20170804_003406-1.jpg
1MB, 1153x2078px
>>42388121
OH fugg
>>
>>42388124
God damn it.
Does anybody on this thread have recipe images or some shit?
Fucking cocksucker. Why do I have to hate vegetables?
>>
>>42388147
Because you don't know how to cook vegetables

https://imgur.com/a/5nbmA

A lot of these are meant for people that are bulking.
Make sure to apply common sense
>>
>freeze marinated chicken
> just defrost slap on a baking tray with some fresh cut brocolli and wala

I can make like 2 weeks of delicious, varied flavored meals and they always come out perfect, cheap as shit, nutritious as shit
>>
>>42388134
Yeah I got into a boxing class and the instructor told me that was one of my main problems.
>>
>>42388147
Sometimes I take some liberty on a diet and do things like http://www.skinnytaste.com/zucchini-lasagna/ you could probably substitute a lot of the recipes on the website with shirataki noodles.
>>
>>42388138
>tfw my hyung is hung
>>
>>42388160
Share marinade recipe?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-04-01-36-57.png (99KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-04-01-36-57.png
99KB, 540x960px
>>42388167
Hyung?
>>
>>42388175
Google my man, I just google a new recipe every week, make a tester and if its good, make a whole batch
>>
>>42388179
I... I can call you oppa if you prefer... ><
>>
>>42388191
Doesn't rhyme
>>
>>42388198
Is that a crime? I'll do my time...
>>
>>42388166
>>42388158
Thank you, very very much.
All of you.
Let's hope I don't get too bogged down in the organization of this. Like grocery planning, meal planning, figuring out how to make an exercise sheet to keep track of progress. HOW to even do that, how to do it in a way that it's legible and efficient.
>>
>>42388182
I only ask because most of the good tasting ones I find are rich in sodium.
>>
>>42388206
Spreadsheet for meal plans and calories/nutrients, also exercise if you're going for it, just start with calories and worry about nutrients a week or two down the road for habits to establish themselves.
apps, some websites will help with meal planning too. Just adjust the recipe, calculate the calories, considering substitutions if you make any. iirc skinnytaste has a recipe for peanut soup that I wouldn't be able to finish by myself with a rectal tear, so adjust for both portion and an amount you'd be able to eat in a reasonable amount of time.
>>
>>42388206
one of the things that I think is really essential to losing weight is learning how to be honest with yourself.

Do you really think that after all this time being a lazy fat fuck you'd stick to planning out all of this shit? Do what you know you can sustain and add onto it as you do better, you go to hard for a week and you are just going to drop it like you did the other times.

Track your calories, eat less than your tdee, try moving more. Start there worry about other shit later.
>>
Fat fucks
>>
File: oiuyoill.png (7KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
oiuyoill.png
7KB, 257x196px
>>42388257
>>
>>42388073
You need to realize that videogames and YouTube will always be there even if you take a few hours off your day to improve your well-being, be it by cooking something that's not utter garbage for your health or by taking a stroll outside.

Even though it's very nice to indulge in games and cat videos to get by your grey days, your health is more important. They can wait and will wait for you, be it just a few hours, days or weeks. They will always be there. Your health will not.

Stop being a fat fuck. Get going. It will be worth it.
>>
>>42387408
Good job anon

>>42387785
Go crazy on the protein but stay away from carbs and you'll fill up quickly
>>
>>42388257
that remark is damaging to my self esteem sir
>>
File: wojak face 419.jpg (10KB, 236x253px) Image search: [Google]
wojak face 419.jpg
10KB, 236x253px
>cut from 190 lbs to 150 at 5'9
>can see abs (slightly) when standing up
>gut is a horrible pudgy mess when sitting down

Will this go away if I reach 140? People keep telling me I look fine but then again they said that at 160 and 170. I don't want to rest until my belly is smooth.
>>
God damn it you European fucks.
Now I need to look for shit in measures of 23 grams. Fucking faggots.
Use real actual human sized and thus useful measurements. 1 gram of something is worthless, an ounce is sizable and adjustable.
>>
>>42388353
100g isn't sizeable and easily adjustable?

Do you realize how dumb you sound?
>>
>>42388374
Why's it got to be 100? You can't tell the difference between 100 and 99.
You can tell the difference between 1 and 2 ounces.
Imperial is all about noticeable differences, you silly left driving fool.
>>
>>42388348
maybe.
I'm 140@6'1 and it's the same deal
can see my top 2 abs if I tense, but nothing else
>>
>>42388386
converting units isn't hard and isn't worth getting pissed about

pls learn to basic math
>>
>>42388073
>All I'm thinking in my head is plain chicken breast with herbs and spices. It takes so fucking long to cook and eat.

Get a pressure cooker
Throw a bunch of pasta sauce or salsa or tomato paste or all of those things in it
Also some chicken breasts or thighs (uncut is fine)
Salt+pepper+spice+hot sauce+whatever shit
You should cut up some onions and peppers too (frozen chopped ones are too mushy)
Throw in some rice or quinoa to absorb water
Pressure cook it until the chicken is in bits, like 20 min
Stir it to break up the chicken a bit

There, you can make a week's worth of healthy, fairly tasty goop with zero effort in one pot. Its easy enough to work out the macros from the ingredients too.

I wouldn't serve it to anyone else but its great for myself when I'm cutting (which is eternally)
>>
>>42388412
This is basically what I do, but with a rice cooker (they are essentially the same).

Last 2 have been chicken, lentils, and a shit load of curry spices, p damn good. Going to try with pasta sauce next time.
>>
>>42388348
Are you a woman? If not you shouldnt cut below 150 unless you want to be a skellington. Fix your posture and exercise. If you are so fixated on abs then do stomach vacuums and planks.
>>
not eaten for close to 32 hours due to messed up sleep
kinda enjoying my hunger, like I don't wanna ruin it
breakfast sounds amazing though
>>
>>42388073
>chicken breast
>takes so fucking long to cook and eat
I wot mate? Just take 2 minutes to cut that shit into smaller bits, throw it in a pan and it's done in less than 10 minutes total. You're not just lazy, you're also either pretty dumb or totally uninformed.
>>
>>42388642
good thing you're here then
>>
Serious question here. I can live on basic fruits veggies and chicken but is there anything else I should do? I'm trying to cut carbs and sugar because that seems like the proper path.

Is the meme of squats and oats based on reality somewhere?

Are personal trainers worth it too?
>>
File: IMG_20170620_171348.jpg (573KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170620_171348.jpg
573KB, 2592x1944px
>this was 15lbs ago
how time flies eh?
that pizza was shitty and expensive if I recall
>>
IS MUH CHEET DAY
>>
>>42388715
read the sticky and then read this front to back

https://mega.nz/#!0Q1EzKYS!_xCrio63rKm7589hCts9YsuhzF-6Gt1vSYrLZaVAEZQ

Most personal trainers aren't worth it.
>>
I'm a real big broke nigga. How do I eat healthy when I'm living off $0.89 microwavable meals?
>>
>>42388735
lentils, rice, dry beans
>>
File: 592_en.jpg (31KB, 243x320px) Image search: [Google]
592_en.jpg
31KB, 243x320px
>>42388681
I know , right? I sure showed him for making uninformed posts on a russian vodka-distillation forum.

For that matter: have you confessed your dietary sins today?
>>
>>42388446
>you should just leave fat on your body because of arbitrary numbers
If you're a skeleton, you're a skeleton. Keeping some extra bodyfat is pointless. Just start bulking once you've gotten to a low bodyfat.
>>
>>42388727
I BEEN DOON GUD SO IMA ORDER CHUHNEES
>>
File: 1.png (392KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
392KB, 960x960px
>>42388735
>how do i lose weight when i'm broke
i know that's not exactly what you asked but i think that's what you meant, and come on dude
>>
>>42388747
That is exactly what I meant. I am very dumb you see. Anyways I'll go through the dry beans,rice, and lintels.

>>42388738
Btw thank you.
>>
>>42388392
140@6'1? Shit man you're almost underweight BMI. Can I get a cbt to see what that looks like? I'm cutting whilst 170@6'3 and I don't know how much more I need to cut before I see abs. Already looking kinda skelly at this weight.
>>
>>42388774
sure
unsee
.cc/pesituna/
I never set a number as a goal weight, I was just going to lose until I was happy
bad idea I suppose
>>
>>42388715
While i'm absolutely not an expert, i don't think cutting carbs is the magic bullet people make it out to be. Just removing added sugars is what does the trick for me, since most of the shitty food has added sugars in it. Those also tend to be the calorically denser (and always processed) types of food, so it's 2 birds with 1 stone.
Then again i could also be completely wrong amd just happen to count my calories well enough to stay at a deficit ...

>>42388735
IF, with one meal a day and use what little money you saved by skipping meals to get one "proper" meal. Or al least one less shit meal.
>>
Regular and roasted bread have the same amount of calories, right?
>>
>>42388715
personal trainers are just time savers for rich/lazy people
>>
>>42388916
calories is energy
heat is energy

if you heat things they gain the energy from the heat in the form of calories.
>>
>>42388957
Yeah but is it an insignificant difference?
>>
File: 1499173707460.gif (133KB, 437x441px) Image search: [Google]
1499173707460.gif
133KB, 437x441px
>>42388957
>if you heat things they gain the energy from the heat in the form of calories
>>
>>42388968
it takes 1 calorie to increase 1 ml of water by 1 degree

How many calories do you think it would take to raise bread from room temp to being hot enough that it toasts??
>>
>>42387410
Whats your experience with keto? Thought about doing it too.
>>
>>42388977
I'm a retard but I'm gonna guess a lot?
>>
>>42388718
I swear pizza and beer is the fastest way to get fat.
>>
>>42388957
>>42388977
'Heat' isn't what matters, its the structure of the food. Raw vegetables are tough and fibrous and the body has to do work to extract calories, cooked vegetables have that work already done. Same general thing for meat, though I believe there's more of a favourable chemical change too.

I don't have numbers, but thats the general idea of those 'raw' diets - you continuously fill up on a mountain of fibrous vegetables and you extract not a lot of calories from them in the end.
>>
>>42389059
nah man. You take a a glass of water at room temp. 0 calories

You expend 500 calories raising it to like 120 degrees, where did those calories go?
into the water. Can't create or destroy energy, just transfer it. You drink that hot water, you get those calories.
>>
File: paypay.jpg (47KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
paypay.jpg
47KB, 1067x600px
>>42389075
time to bulk on boiled water
>>
>>42388977
>>42389025
Not sure if retarded or troll... But i'll bite.

A calorie describes how much thermal energy you can generate from a given material (in this context food). Thus before using that energy it is stored in the form of chemical energy. Heating your food does not change how much energy is contained within the chemical bonds, with 2 exceptions:
The first being that you increase the temperature to a point where the chemical bonds break, releasing their energy in form of heat. This is colloquially called "burnt food". The second way is to add chemical energy, by adding more material. Plants and animals and even humans do this, for example, by building longer chains of sugar or proteins. Heating up your food falls into the former category, not the latter.
>>
>>42387542
Managing stress is the final boss of /fit/
>>
I think I finally get it /fat/, I understand how some people can enjoy working out, and I've figured out how to attain it for myself

Go at midnight

So much less self loathing and anxiety, easier to focus, and I have a better time working out, this is fucking great!
>>
>>42389109
I'm the guy that said he was retarded.
So the other guy was just trolling me?
>>
>>42388957
Partially true but if the heat is high enough, some particles/energy from the food also dissipates into the environment
>>
File: lilyfu.webm (2MB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
lilyfu.webm
2MB, 640x720px
IF Fags and other Dieters:

Post your next meal time and what you're gonna eat.

11:30 EDT
1 Hard Boiled Egg
6 wedges of Microwaved Sweet Potatoes with olive oil
1/2 cup white rice
1 tbsp of Spanish Sardines (them Omega-3's though)
>>
>>42389138
I sometimes like to troll people to try and get them to realize the answer to their question on their own.

then I remember some people just don't grasp certain concepts without being hand held through the entire process.

>>42389141

also the dietary calorie is a kcal, so even if what i posted WAS true, which it's not, the calorie difference would be less than 1 dietary calorie. Thus entirely negligible.

Same reason the whole "drinking cold water to make your body burn calories" thing is a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>42389173
I just like to imagine the heat energy shaking up all the particles ala Richard Feynman. It will be high energy for a while then it gets too crazy and some particles pop out since its too high energy
>>
>>42389138
Either that or he's a retard. The problem with thermal energy is that, to my knowledge, you can only use it to destroy shit (splitting chemical bonds, killing germs, etc.) or convert it into another, more usable form of energy (like heating up water to steam so the now mechanical energy of the expanding water can drive a motor or turbine for example).
It's like that other anon suggested: go waterbulking and see how well it works, because according to the dude you talked to it should. Spoiler: it won't
>>
>>42388735
>How do I eat healthy when I'm living off $0.89 microwavable meals?

Stop buying 89 cent microwave meals. Chicken and vegetables aren't expensive m8. Hell you can find plenty of healthy frozen meals.
>>
>>42389190
Arent TV Dinners packed with additives to make it last the freezers?
>>
No excuses, fatties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIP6XFx9o0s

You just need a cute Korean personal trainer to follow you on your journey.
>>
File: 1475587524411.jpg (100KB, 983x752px) Image search: [Google]
1475587524411.jpg
100KB, 983x752px
>tfw depression cripples in and you start eating more and more
I wont make it
>>
The thing I've been doing is limiting the amount of calories I'm taking in, but not caring where the calories come from. Like, say I'm allowed to eat 1500 calories a day, I can either eat loads of veggies and fruits and other low calorie foods, or eat few high calorie foods. I also go on a 15 mile bike ride from time to time. Am I doing this right or am I a complete faggot?
>>
>>42389203
Why the FUCK are you asking me that? The guy I'm responding to is already eating frozen meals. My point is that eating frozen dinners isn't an excuse for being a fat cunt.
>>
>>42389232
gonna call that one a hustle
looks like he's done this before
it's still an accomplishment, it's just dishonest

hope he got fat stacks of cash from it at least
>>
>>42389190
Where i live you can get a head(?) of Brokkoli for 0.5€, if you're willing to buy yesterday's wares. That leaves you with another 0.39€ per meal for some other veggies.
>>
>>42389240
You can do it anon, you sound like you've done it before and if you've done it before you can do it again. Control your emotions, don't slide down into the pit. You can do it. You're gonna make it.
>>
>>42389240
Get thin and you won't be depressed anymore. Eat less calories and stand on the scale every day. Literally watch the weight falling off day by day and you'll be driven to keep going. Don't give up. In 3 months you could already be looking at old pictures of yourself and thinking "What the fuck was wrong with me then? Thank God I'm healthy now"
>>
>>42389262
I want to believe but i look even uglier when skinny. I've seen my HS pictures.
>>
>>42389247
Additives in frozen meals aren't healthy you ass
>>
>>42389272
Everyone looks uglier in high school. Unless you were Chad and peaked in high school, you will look better than you did then.
>>
>>42389285
>Everyone looks uglier in high school
How so?
>>
>>42389292
my ~anecdotal~ evidence
>>
>>42389283
FFS I'm obviously talking about relative to weight loss. It's easy to find TV dinners that have low calories and decent to great macros. The guy already said he is eating frozen meals so clearly he's not concerned about additives in his food. I'm just suggesting he eat either different ones or hell, just eat LESS of them.

Or, ya know, just buy some fucking broccoli and cook it yourself you lazy cunts
>>
>>42389285
I get what you're saying but that's not really the case with everyone. There's plenty of people I know who have ballooned up since graduating and they really do look worse.
>>
>>42389242
bumping so I can go to sleep
>>
>>42389297
Oh. I wish i would be normal looking but fat or skinny i'm still a chinlet.
>>
>>42389247
That's my point, TV Dinners are not healthy
>>
File: 1395318124001.png (91KB, 362x358px) Image search: [Google]
1395318124001.png
91KB, 362x358px
fasting today because i ate like a pig yesterday

half the day passed, i hope i make it
>>
Would i get any benefit from fasting for whole day each week or should i do for longer period to feel something?
>>
>>42389299
>fatties
>lazy cunts
wooaaaahhhh, you're like a detective or some shit
>>
/fat/bros

160 from 167 in two weeks of IF and skipping rope.

wooo, I think Imma add pushups and body squats to the routine.
>>
>>42389390
What's IF, if I may ask?
>>
>>42389381
Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
>>
>>42389390
kg or pounds? height?

>>42389381
look up alternate day fasting. Don't go starving yourself for long periods of time just because you think something magical will happen
>>
>1.6lbs in 8 days
that's not so farfetched is it?
if I miss this window, it'll be another month before I can start my new regime
>>
>>42389401
>alternate day fasting
I'm not looking into fast one - eat another kind of thing but fasting for one day every week.
>>
>>42389392
Intermittent Fasting
Spacing out meal times so you're body has enough time to digest food. It's essentially managing insulin spikes in our blood, since insulin prevents weight loss.

Most people pair with a keto diet or some other caloric restrictive diet. Generally you want to eat at a deficit. Doing IF while eating junk is almost counterproductive.

I learned my stuff from Dr. Berg's YT channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwCRjwDs1Ek
>>
Yesterday I ate under 400 calories :)
>>
>>42389401
pounds
5'5.

still overweight range but I'm getting there
>>
>>42389402
if you just want to hit the mark then look at bodybuilding competition prep, or boxing weigh-in prep
there's probably a few lbs to save there

or cut your hair and trim your nails or something
>>
>>42389403
You will consume less calories that week. Nothing special really.

>>42389402
1.5 pounds a week is a very reasonable and sustainable loss rate. Definitely doable.
>>
>>42389420
You should start looking into a gym. bodyweight squats and pushups are better than nothing. But you'd get much better and faster results from a gym and a solid routine.

Though just sticking with cardio and bw stuff for a couple months would definitely do wonders for your overall health, just not going to get much muscle mass that way.
>>
>>42389476
Yeah eventually I will add Deadlifts to my routine or something. When I hit the limits of BW I will start going to the gym. Just trying to fix my diet firstly.

Goal is just to get lean muscle mass and lose my belly and bobs.
>>
File: spiritanimal.jpg (43KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
spiritanimal.jpg
43KB, 500x371px
I have a dear friend who is obese, and because I have a medical background, she keeps asking me for health advice.
She has never exercised in her life, and doesn't believe that it is necessary.

However, with her being very overweight, and me being a very athletic recovering anorexic, I feel like a dick telling her it is a fitness problem.

Like, who am I to judge? I almost killed myself last year by pushing behavior in the other direction (dieting and compulsive exercise), I feel like the last person who should be giving advice.

But honestly, if she just took up walking her own dog or took an water aerobics class, it would solve pretty much all of her problems.

Any ideas for how to break it to her gently? Or how to sell this whole "exercise" thing without sounding like an asshole?
>>
>>42389514
Stop being gentle and coddling her

Tell the raw truth and ignore her complaints
>>
>>42389514
Can't you just make her diet without the exercise? Why do you think that the exercise is so important (I'm asking because you say you have a medical background and I'm interested).
>>
>>42389514
diet is more important. Tell her she needs to eat better by actively and accurately tracking her calories to lose weight.

But if she wants to look good and be healthy she will also need to exercise.

Fat people are stubborn though, the more you try to push them into something the harder they resist it. I know because there is no way in hell someone could have forced me into this shit. I had to find a reason on my own to start.
>>
>>42389514
she asked you hoping you'd have a magic secret
she likely doesn't want you advice, she already knows it
>>
>>42389514
>Any ideas for how to break it to her gently?
I'm pretty sure your medical background covers that topic
>>
>>42387408
how fucking tall are you? i'm 6'2" and wear 32" pants
>>
just realised I've been working my calories out wrong for the past year at least
no wonder it was getting ridiculously hard
what am I like eh?
>>
>>42389514
If she's asking you for advice because of your background z explain to her why she is wrong using what you've learned. She's not asking you as you are, she's asking you as someone with training in this field.

She's wrong. Tell her why, and he her how easy it would be to walk 10k steps a day.
>>
>>42389566
Different anon here, but I'm 5'5 and wear size 42 at 200lbs. Surprise, there are fat people in the fat thread!
>>
People are starting to tell me I look ill and I'm getting to thin. Still weigh over 200 pounds at 5 11. Why do they do this? I obviously don't look ill. My brother told me this and hes 40 lb lighter than me and has a 6 pack for fuck sake.
>>
>>42389594
I was clearly talking about length, which is why I asked for height
>>
>>42387746
many places that sell it, lurk more.
>>
>>42389602
They aren't used to you looking thinner

or you just look like shit from lack of muscle
>>
Is there anything wrong with eating microwaveable chicken instead of buying chicken cuts and cooking them?

This is what I eat like everyday http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=product&id=8D9481B0-169F-11E0-BF92-FEFD45A4D471
>>
>>42389550

Because it is important. Her problems stem from being sedentary.

Edema in the legs and feet? You need to walk. Poor circulation? Walk. Not sleeping well? Walk - it helps. Prediabetic? All studies show that walking will lead to faster results than anything else.

Her diet isn't all that bad, actually. There is some room for improvement, but she isn't really going to see much until she starts moving.

>>42389553

What was your reason, anon?
>>
File: 1483078838268.png (204KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483078838268.png
204KB, 640x480px
>>42389643
Just learn to cook you lazy fat fuck, its a good life skill and you'll be able to eat more than just microwave garbage. Cooking chicken breast is the basic of basic too.
>>
>finally get into fit life
>fucking stove breaks so I can barely heat shit
>parents refuse to get a new one even after I offer to pay for it
I gotta move out already
>>
>>42389690

WTF is wrong with your parents?
>>
>>42389690
Buy one yourself
>>
>>42389627
I've been lifting the whole time, nothing incredible but we'll into beginner level. I don't think I've lost a lot of muscle so if it's that it's because they thought the fat was?
>>
>>42388348
I'm 5'8 and had to go to go as low as 120 for my stomach to go flat
>>
>>42389664
I ran out of excuses. Most fat people I imagine think they will eventually just stop being fat and turn their life around at some point, but always have shitty excuses and just imagine doing it but never actually starting.

I used school for awhile, as long as I was doing well, what did it matter that I was a fat fuck. Then I graduated college and decided to take a 2 year break before grad school. And a year into that break I realized that that was the first year of my life I had utterly wasted with no real improvements to myself in any conceivable form. I then realized that I would literally never have another or better opportunity to get healthy. So I started body weight exercises, then added a deficit, then a lot of walking, then added cardio, etc etc. Now I'm 80 pounds lighter, lifting 3 times a week, and starting grad school at the end of the month.

I know for a fact I would have never stuck to any of this if someone had tried pushing me into it, because I was a stupid stubborn fuck.

>>42389690
buy a hot plate
>>
>>42389725
Nigga my brother is an inch shorter than you and has a six pack at 150lbs
>>
>>42389735
he probably has more muscle than me
>>
>>42389734
People need to self-actualize to improve.

Like, people know smoking is bad but to fully act on that is a different beast.

That said youre wise for doing good things that benefit you
>>
>>42389742
No shit get lifting
>>
>>42389602
>Why do they do this?
Maybe you DO look ill. While getting /fit/ is certainly the best way long-term, you have to remember that you're putting your body under a lot of stress in the short-term. You're literally burning away all of your energy reserves (fat) and maybe even try to build muscle on top of that, while withholding resources by restricting your diet. And who knows, maybe you're just deficient in iron or a vitamin or something.
>>
>>42389779
Even if that's true I still have to continue the cut and yeah I'm lifting 3 times a week and cardio on top. Never felt so good in my life, certainly don't feel ill. Perhaps I'll check my vitamin macros. Iron was great when I gave blood the other week.
>>
>>42389664
This is why I asked, clearly this is a much larger problem than just obesity.
But you should seriously give it to her straight, even if she hates you for it she needs the wakeup call.
>>
>>42389368
cut your losses and eat normally, thats an easy way to fall off the wagon again
>>
>>42389242
You're doing it right.
>>
>>42389242
It's ok, I'm doing the same.
>>
>>42387456

16mg? That can be a sign of diabetic ketosis. You ideally wanna be in the 1.5-4 range.

When I started, I had a few 16 days, then it went to 8 and now it's solidly 1.5-4, so ymmv.
>>
>used to lose a kg a week
>depression hit me like a train
>now I don't give a fuck and I've gained almost all of it back
>don't know if I can even get back on the horse
>find myself starting to give in to fatlogic

MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>42388109
Shirataki noodles, my son.

They taste great IF you make them right. Gotta strain them under running water til the smell is gone, then dry fry them separately for like 5-10 minutes. Any other way makes them inedible.
>>
>>42389953
i gained back the 30 lbs i lost when i first tried 3 years ago

only just now i've come back from that, i've lost 31 lbs and i weigh myself again this morning

YOU DID IT ONCE YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN YOU FAT NIGGER
>>
>>42389953
Also I'm starting to doubt CICO.

Someone please reassure me that CICO actually works because my mum keeps getting on my case because she thinks it's because I'm consuming too much sugar and I don't even know or care anymore.
>>
>>42389953

I believe in you anon, everyone makes mistakes, don't let them define you.
>>
>>42389987
CICO works and is the bare minimum for weight loss to occur.

But just because you can hit your deficit eating shitty and sugary food doesn't mean that you should
>>
So I'm about 40 pounds overweight

Last week, I was 50 pounds overweight. I've been going to the gym every day and doing 3 workouts:
>lifting
>stationary bike (at least 45 minutes, until I can barely walk)
>swimming (at least 45 minutes)
And I've also barely been eating anything.

I'm hoping that in a month and a half, the weight will be gone.
What do you anons think? Anything I could do better?
>>
File: ,.-.jpg (1KB, 98x98px) Image search: [Google]
,.-.jpg
1KB, 98x98px
>>42387410

when you fat fucks will understand that ketogenic diets are a fucking joke, a bad fucking MEME
>>
>>42390030

40 pounds in a month and a half is totally unreasonable.
>>
>>42390043
is that a challenge?

I did the calculations. I'm burning about 4000 calories a day, eating 1000. I should be losing a bit less than a pound a day
>>
>>42390030
the fat has gone to your head
>>
>>42390048

Fine, update us in a month and a half.
>>
>>42390030
>Anything I could do better?

You could do something more sustainable instead of just trying to blast through your weight loss.

Being healthy, eating well, and exercising aren't temporary things, they are permanent life changes. Getting to a healthy weight and healthy body should then also be sustainable.

>>42390048
This is exactly what people do when they lose 50 pounds and gain back 80. This is not how you go about losing weight.
>>
File: 1488340672143.jpg (150KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488340672143.jpg
150KB, 500x500px
>>42390030
good luck keeping up with your extreme meme diet.
When you die of exhaustion or give up, don't say I didn't warn you.
>>
>>42390058
lol, why is this unsustainable? When I'm back to normal weight I just cut back on the workouts a bit, then increase my food. Pretty simple
>>
>>42390063
>why is this unsustainable?

see

>When I'm back to normal weight I just cut back on the workouts a bit, then increase my food. Pretty simple
>>
>>42390062
It's the strangest thing, I don't even feel hungry. Pretty much never.

The only exception is meat, which I need for the protein (or else my muscles have no building blocks). But seriously, the first day I did this, I didn't even eat, and felt totally fine.

I think because of the extreme nature of the workouts, my body has gone into "fight or flight mode"
>>
>>42390030

The ten lbs in a week is a fluke.

Your weight will plateau, you will gain water weight, you will struggle as your body tries to reconcile your physical activity and need to build muscle with your calorie deficit.

You will continue to lose weight, but not at the pace you are now and you won't be much fitter at the end of this. Your plan is not sustainable.

Try bumping up your calorie intake to something reasonable, and eating a healthy balanced diet. Gain some muscle and focus on maintaining your physical activity, instead of on restricting.
>>
>>42390088
Of that 10 pounds, I estimate that roughly half is probably water weight. But the rest is fat.
>>
File: 1465748396720.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
1465748396720.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>42390088
>you won't be much fitter at the end of this.
>>
>>42390118
if you take someone that is 300 pounds
and liposuction 150 pounds off of their body, are they more fit after the procedure?
>>
>>42390079
yea that's what they all say.
Just promise me that you'll stay safe? You are doing something your body is not accustomed too which can easily mess with the signals the brain thinks it should be sending you.
It typically takes extreme dedication and will power for meme diets to work, especially for fatties that have proven to not have it, but you can try your luck and maybe you'll keep it off.
>>
>>42390123

probably, but are they going to be healthy? FUCK NO. They're probably incredibly fucked up why that shitty diet
>>
>>42390079

Yeah. This is not sustainable.

You're not hungry, or experiencing problems because you are a shortsighted fatass that has been doing this for one week.

Your body will not keep reacting to this in the same way forever.

Also, take it from somebody who has been on a lot of them - very low calorie diets are stupid as fuck, especially when heavy exercise is involved. You are literally undoing every good longterm thing those workouts could be doing for your body. You won't be building muscle, you'll just be struggling to burn calories with the same weak muscles you started with.
>>
>>42390123
If you spend all day working out in the gym, are your muscles stronger? yes, they are.

I've especially been getting faster at swimming. .My first day, I was doing 100 meters in 2:40. Now I've cut that down to around 2:10. My pecs were super sore for the first 4 or 5 days, but I can feel them strengthening up. The bike is also becoming easier
>>
>>42390123
>have to carry 150 pounds less weight around when doing exercise
I would like to think so
>>
>>42390134
Who says my body isn't accustomed to this? I'm a fucking college level distance runner.

I just slacked off and put on a bit of weight.
>>
>>42390079
Atleast eat 1200 calories, dont fuck up your metabolism just for faster results.
>>
>>42390157
>college level cross country runner managed to get themselves 50 pounds overweight

them glory days are long gone friendo. Ur just a fat fuck doing a crash diet now.
>>
>>42390157
well fuck me dude, I should have used my psychic ability to distinguish that you are different than 99% of the people that post here.
Forget about all that concern I showed for you.
>>
>>42390166
Honestly, you fat fucks need to learn what pain is. That's the real issue here. You're scared of hurting.

Do you know what a 15 mile hill run is like? Do you know what doing 16x400 at 62 pace is?
It's going to hurt, a fucking lot. But that's the pleasure of it. Life is pain, if you're not hurting, you're not living. Relish it
>>
1pm
missed the lunch window
now we wait for dinner
>>
File: k4vLuy1.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
k4vLuy1.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>42390176
>>
File: 1499914924881.png (372KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
1499914924881.png
372KB, 525x525px
>>42390176
nah, I just prefer my pain to be in the form of the emotional variety
>>
>>42389664
>Obese
>Her diet isn't all that bad, actually.
Yeah sure. Burning 300 calories every other day walking isn't the solution to weight loss for people eating 3k-4k calories.
>>
>>42390176
>be fat fuck trying to lose weight
>post about doing some stupid shit to try and lose weight
>ask for advice in regards to said stupid shit
>get advice
>shoot it all down and lecture back about how I'm so much better than everyone trying to help me

What's the next step of your master plan?
>>
>>42390176
Go fuck yourself. You came here asking for advice and as soon as you get it you explain why it's wrong and how you are better at exercise then everyone. If you want help losing weight ask for it here, if you want to talk about how great a runner you are go to the thread about running.
>>
File: Gohan.jpg (97KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
Gohan.jpg
97KB, 564x846px
>>42390194
I was asking for advice on how to lose it even more quickly. And all you assholes started telling me to cut back

Fuck that shit. Go hard or go home
>>
>>42390176

Hey man, you don't need us, go do your meme diet in peace and look for sympathy somewhere else when it fails.
>>
>>42390197
>showing concern for your health
>assholes
wew lad
>>
>>42390208
I want to think of a way to get to 5000 calories a day. But my heart starts crapping out around 4000.

If there was some low-aerobic way to get an extra 1000 calories, I'd like to know
>>
>>42390197
We told you that because most overweight people try to do much too fast and quit, just like when normal people start running they don't understand pacing and assume they can't run or hate running.

Your previous experience was relevant and you didn't share it, so people assumed you were a fatty mcfat and gave advice accordingly. That shouldn't be surprising or upsetting.

Or maybe you are mad at yourself because in your head you are still a great athlete but in real life you are 40 pounds overweight.
>>
>>42390218
>in real life you are 40 pounds overweight
true. But not for long, a month and a half.
>>
>>42390213
overdose on DNP
>>
>>42390232
kek
>>
>>42390213

myproana.com

enjoy your journey, little butterfly
>>
>first job that pays monthly instead of 2 weeks
>didn't stick to budget
>1 week until payday
>lots of frozen/canned/dried food
>no diet soda
I knew this was gonna happen
oh well, this will be an interesting week for sure
>>
>>42390261
look for a plasma donation center if you need some quick cash

also use this as an opportunity to stop drinking fucking diet soda for good
>>
>>42390238

>>42390238

Oh jesus. I'm tempted to reactivate my account just to watch this play out.

He comes in there pulling this extreme jock machismo bullshit and those hangry, psychotic, inpatient teenagers will eat him alive in a way that will make 4chan look like a tumblr-sanctioned safe space.
>>
>>42390266
that's the plan amigo
don't like being forced to, but I probably wouldn't do it of my own volition

I don't want to think about caffeine at all until I'm through this
>>
ok you faggots, I figured it out myself

I spend about 1 hour between each workout waiting around to rest. Total of 2 hours
If I spend that time walking, that would burn about 800 calories total. Plus the walking I do to the gym and back, that's easily 1000 calories.

Problem solved. I can burn 5000 calories a day. Bet I can shed the weight in fucking 30 days
>>
>>42390295

Go for it.
>>
>>42389159
11:00 EDT

1/2 cup oats
Cup of milk
Banana
Couple strawberries
Veggie and cheese omelet
>>
File: 1476335841232.png (412KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1476335841232.png
412KB, 620x620px
>>42390295
sounds good m80
>>
>>42390295
RIP

please dont do any benchpresses
>>
>>42388957
Calories only matter if they're chemically stored energy that the digestive system can process.

That's what food is, chemical energy. And basic building materials that your body can salvage.
>>
For the last three weeks I have had a daily calorie intake of 500 calories. One pound chicken breast, skinless. Steamed vegetables. I can't believe how easy it is to lose weight. I'm not hungry and my random cravings for cookies and soda are only few and very brief. I've learned to not eat when bored, instead I go for a drive or do something productive.

I also take a multivitamin to help supplement my missing nutrients.
>>
>>42390295

So, if you are such an unstoppable machine, how did you become 40 lbs overweight in the first place?

Don't dance around the issues, you defensive little shit. Give us details.

You've given us this breakdown of your master plan to lose weight. You should be able to breakdown how you gained each and every extra pound.

We know all about what a badass you claim to be. Now have the guts to tell us how you became a fatass. Do it, faggot. I dare you.
>>
>>42390343
How about he just goes away forever, though? Who gives a shit?
>>
File: 1485520541557.png (795KB, 761x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485520541557.png
795KB, 761x720px
>all these people on meme diets
It's almost like you don't want to be healthy
>>
>>42390343

Oh, wait, excuse me. You were fifty pounds overweight. You accumulated fifty pounds of extra fat.
>>
>>42390197
Stop or eat less eating and work out more.

Danger Will Robinson
>>
>>42390295
I'll burst your bubble,
Calories burned aren't very accurate.
Aiming high is good, but don't bank on the numbers on paper.

But as long as you eat under tdee, any exercize is bonus progress. Good luck.
>>
>>42390361

A lot of fatasses think being thin = being healthy

and that it doesn't matter how you get there as long as you get there and FAST
>>
>>42390361
A lot of people here don't, they want to be not fat.
Hopefully they'll figure out actually getting fit is better.
>>
@Apple, my weight this morning was 122.5
>>
>>42387746
>>42387936
>>42388046
>tfw fell asleep from dnp exhaustion

It's the most potent fat burner in existence. That said, the main side effect from it is heat and feeling like shit. You'll sweat profusely, your bodily fluids will turn yellow, and you'll feel like death. But you lose nearly a lb of fat a day.
People have died taking it and it's not a pleasant death.

That said, I'm not really fat anymore and I wasn't before taking dnp. I used to be fat and dieted my way to looking decent. I only take dnp when I need to quickly drop a few lbs.
>>
>>42390434
>literally taking poison to lose a few pounds
w-why
>>
>>42390295

You didn't come in here to solve the extra 1000 calorie problem. You came in here to brag. You came in here and told us that elite athletes come in every size (lol Hi Ragen!)
You came in here and told us how you want to get results noooooow and how you found this great superfast weight loss scheme that will totally work. You came in here to get a pat on the back and a participation award.

This is a no excuses thread. Take you fatlogic elsewhere.
>>
>>42390462
>literally putting poison on fries to make them taste better
anything sounds bad if you make it
>>
>>42390481
There's a difference between things that are categorized as a poison and things that can literally do massive harm to your body.
But whatever, if dangerous chemicals are your thing I'm not going to stop you.
>>
>>42389976
How did you ensure that your second attempt would be the one that stuck?
>>
>>42390501
>not going to stop you.
:(
b-but I thought you cared about me??

do you get a kick out of acting sanctimonious on a mongolian lute tuning forum?
just wondering
>>
>>42390525
I can cure ignorance, I can't cure stupidity
>>
>>42390462
You act like I'm chugging cyanide.
It's only harmful in large, unresponsible quantities
>>
>>42390542
nobody is asking you to do either
>>
>>42390547
well I don't want less responsible people to think that it's a viable option for healthy weightloss.
>>42390552
Why would someone ask a question in a weightloss thread if they didn't want an answer?
>>
Am I a fatty if I stop at 17%bf?
>>
>>42390565
I tuned into your convo late, but I'm going to assume that they wanted info, not opinions

I'll stop tuning in now
>>
>>42390565
That is valid. But if someone takes the effort to acquire, they should be educated enough. Most sources harp on the safe way to take it
>>
>>42390521
what i consider an attempt is actually losing weight,
i didnt spend those 3 years just wasting effort, i was trying the entire time to get back to where i was before, but i was so discouraged because of the weight i gained back

so i consider the attempt i'm at now to be the second attempt, and now that im back to where i was before, and with the momentum and memories of how i tried 3 years ago, i would rather die than have to do it again

sometimes you need to fall and get back up to realize what you should do
>>
>>42390389
Being thin is certainly a lot healthier than being fat.
>>
>>42390586
being healthier than a fat person is a very low bar and doesn't guarantee you wont gain the weight back if you lost it all through a crash diet
>>
>>42390617
he's better than 30% of the first world
if that was his goal then fair play to him, you'll still continue to be a better human than most
>>
>>42390666
your goal shouldn't be "be healthier than I used to be" or "in comparison to the obese population of the US"

Your goal should be to be objectively healthy. or objectively healthy and strong.

Anything else is just half assing it and settling for mediocrity
>>
@apple
202 lbs, lost 3 haha
>>
>>42390937
>>42390415

added to the sheet
Anyone else, either post as normal or add a comment to this weeks weigh in box on the sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1caYcqS_Vakx7S86gyXSemoKWFzQi8fOpXA93RxTz_o8/
>>
>>42387387
Rate my HIIT routine

10 sec Rest each intervals

30 sec Jump Rope
30 sec Pushups
30 sec Jump Rope
30 sec Held Body Squat
30 sec Jump Rope
30 sec Pushups
30 sec Jump Rope
30 sec Jumping Jacks
30 sec Jump Rope
30 sec Plank to Pushup
30 sec Jump Rope
>>
>>42391090
Why dont we script this?
>>
>>42391090
Thanks dude
>>
>>42391162
sounds like work... go for it!
>>
>>42390341
Been there. You lose weight pretty quick and can usually keep it off for a while, but it'll usually yo-yo. If you honestly think what you're doing is completely sustainable for the 40+ years you have left on this planet, go for it. Otherwise you may want to rethink your caloric intake before hungry-mode takes over and you start to gain everything back.
>>
>>42391218
Yo-yo only happens if you lack willpower to maintain discipline
>>
>>42391218
you know the same thing can happen if he was consuming 1500 calories
>>
>>42391218
dude just admit you have bad self-control, don't blame others for being fat
>>
>>42391236
500 calories a day for life just isn't sustainable. It does feel great at first, but the body will eventually start craving calories and it's so terrible seeing the weight come back.
>>
>>42391256
... he can go back to his maintenance when he loses weight
>>
>>42391256
Well that's true, 500 calories a day on the regular is bound to damage metabolism.
>>
@apple

165.0 lb

Starting to kind of like the way my body looks even now at 25lbs above goal weight. Can't tell if my standards have been lowered or I actually look better since starting lifting
>>
File: 20170804_102642.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170804_102642.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>lose enough weight that you need new clothes
>Haven't bought clothes in years
just fuck me up
>>
>>42389075
cool it down to close to zero celsius (by 20 degrees). is it negative calories then?

oh boy if i knew all i have to do is to drink cold water
>>
>>42391279
metabolism has no effect on TDEE
>>
>>42391295
The other person is meeting but yes cold water is technically the only negative calorie food
>>
>>42391218

Of course I don't think I can do this forever. However, I think fasting is something I'll start to regularly practice. I'll eventually have to go back to a normal diet once I have hit my goal weight, but at this point I'm focusing on changing my eating habits and over all laziness.
>>
>>42391320
>meeting
memeing
fucking phoneposters
>>
File: IMG_3337.png (99KB, 1153x987px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3337.png
99KB, 1153x987px
WILL YALL FAGGOTS STOP TALKIN ABOUT INTERMANDING FASTING AND KETOGERICS ALREADY
>>
>>42387824
Start lifting now, or you're going to look like a skeleton dipped in molten ballistics gel.
>>
>>42389173
Not entirely bullshit. If you drink your water at 5 C, and have to raise to 37 C, you're talking about >30 kcal per liter. Drink a few liters per day, and it adds up to a decent amount.
>>
>>42391090

why am I not in the chart
>>
File: saville-1.jpg (18KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
saville-1.jpg
18KB, 620x400px
>>42388257
'sup
>>
>>42391320
water is not food though

food provides nutrients, which water lacks of

and while youre there you could just "eat" ice and you also have to thaw it which also requires energy

while youre generally right, water isnt only used for temperature control, it is used for other reactions too within the body
>>
@apple

>>
My tdee is 3050, I eat 2550 each day but I still lose 2.2lbs each week I don't know what is happining I start at 7/11 with 255lbs, 7/19 I am 253lbs, 7/28 251lbs 8/04 249 lbs. Help /fat/ my muscles are gone for sure.
>>
>>42391148
Go for serious barbell training instead of this gay shit.
>>
How do I reach skelly mode. 6'2 155lbs and still look skinnyfat.
>>
>>42391669
>how reach Auschwitz mode
Dude stop, time to bulk
>>
>>42391680
The gym and exercising make me more depressed than already I am, I just want to be skelly
>>
Alright boys i'm sick of being a fat ass but live with roommates who are 300+ lbs and always have shit tons of good food around.

I know it's a willpower thing but what the fuck do I do to fight this? I've just been locking myself in my room. This shite is hard and I can't afford my own place until my new job starts in october.
>>
File: 1491157309245.png (92KB, 295x229px) Image search: [Google]
1491157309245.png
92KB, 295x229px
well, i fucking did it now...
185kg to 196kg in less than three weeks
i want to fucking kill myself
how do i get out of this rut.
>>
>decide to try fasting
>sucks at first but then feels good

It's been three weeks since I've eaten anything and I don't even feel hungry. I should've tried this years ago.
>>
>counting calories last month
>lost 12 lbs

Shit nigga this works
Only 6 more months to go
>>
>>42391993
>tried fasting
>"don't worry you wont lose muscle!"
>lost 10lbs of fucking muscle

Never again.
>>
What's your guys's daily broccoli intake? I've been eating 8oz a day, but thinking about upping my brocc to 1lb, split across two meals. I don't bother with other vegetables.
>>
>>42391661
Soon anon, soon.

A child must learn to walk before he can fly
>>
Does it matter when you eat your calories? I have been doing coffee for breakfast, small lunch and dumping the majority of my calories at dinner. This works for me because i need a full belly to sleep. However the wife bitches saying its unhealthy and I need to be having like 7 small meals or someshit. I think shes memeing me
>>
>>42392057
i eat a head of broccoli every few days
>>
>>42392161
well it depends. intermittent fasters have like one or two meals a day in a small window of a few hours. but unless you're on keto you won't get the full benefit.
>>
>>42387387
everything in the OP is a crock of shit for trying to lose fat

stop fucking eating

intermittent fast every day and do a full day fast once or twice a week
>>
>>42391287
Buy clothes online.
>>
File: Daves_Killer_Bread_900x550.jpg (153KB, 900x550px) Image search: [Google]
Daves_Killer_Bread_900x550.jpg
153KB, 900x550px
I bought this on sale and I like it but I'm never going to spend 5-6 dollars on a load of it not on sale.

Good cheap alternative?
>>
>>42392256
air
>>
>>42392256
God tier if you can find it.
>8g protein a slice
>90 cals
>>
>>42391505
full up at the moment but check back tomorrow
there are always people who forget to check in on time
>>
>>42392277
Nice, I'll look for it.
>>
>>42391553
Water is a nutrient though
>>
>>42392385
Water has no nutrients dumbass.
>>
>>42392399
I mean it's got trace minerals and shit
>>
>>42392399
I'm not saying water has nutrients, I'm saying it IS the nutrient
>>
>>42392926
>>42392926

New thread
>>
>>42390434
It's the most potent fat burner because it literally shuts down specific bodily functions you fucking idiot.
>>
>>42388097
>>42388138
seems like your biggest issue may have been sodium intake. You look just, bloated in the first picture.
>>
>>42388160
>wala
It's voila.
>>
>>42388299
So eat meat no bread, got it.
What else should I fill up on? Corn? Not sure if there'll be grilled veggies.
>>
>>42389368
Eat normally, do some extra exercise and drink extra water.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.