[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OHP Plateau

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1501264536501.jpg (96KB, 480x557px) Image search: [Google]
1501264536501.jpg
96KB, 480x557px
I've been stuck in an endless cycle of failing 160 and deloading for months. I can usually work from 135 to 155 without much of a problem but the second I hit 160 I can't get 5 reps.

Usually do 3x8 OHP first push day lighter and 3x5 the second day heavy.
>>
Push press the weight you are struggling with until you can do it strict.
>>
Improve your bench, which will increase your OHP.
>>
>>42385880
>92-95 Batman henchman mode
>>
>>42385880

Dont fucking deload.

When you hit a plateu, overload by 10-15%, and do 15 singles. Then every time your in the gym (leg, pull, back, whatwrver day) for the next 5 times do 4x8 at a comfortable weight.

Then go back and you should be able to press the weight fucking easy.

Doing this got me from a stall on 135lbs, to easy repping 165 in under 4 weeks.
>>
>>42385880
3x8 and 3x5 are both low volume as fuck, do more volume

do like 20 sets of OHP a week

>>42386451
this is definitely true for some people, but also not true for other people

CGB seems to carry over a lot to my OHP
>>
Something that helped me was to slightly widen my grip. It incorporates more tricep but not so much it inhibits gains.
>>
>>42386008
This is a literal meme and should stop being advocated

You do not gain strength in the OHP by doing half the ROM and with assistance. You gain strength in the OHP by doing the OHP
>>
Do you think weighted dips would have a carry over to OHP? Locking out a heavy weighted dip feels a lot like locking out during OHP in the triceps
>>
>>42386864
agree with this
>>
>>42385880
Nigga I got this shit

Start WOTJ your max. Is your 1rm 185lbs? Press the empty bar once, then load 185 and press it. Work down singles removing 10 lbs a side until you can to 3s then 5s. Repeat every OHP day. Set new PR every 2 weeks.

You're welcome you piece of shit
>>
>>42386904
Fuck this phone. Start with your 1rm max, and then go down 10 lbs per set, so 5 per side. Do 3 a set then increase to 5 when you can
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.