[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

restarting the fitness journey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0149.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0149.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Alright /fit Got in a motorcycle accident three months ago. Got ran off the road by truck and hit a barrier at 70mph. Bike stopped, I flew 50 feet, and barrier didn't move a hair. My pelvis was shattered and I had an open fracture on my right arm. I was 198lbs at the time. After three months in bed/wheelchair I'm down to 147lbs. Doctor said that today I'm cleared to start walking and going to the gym. (I started last week, don't tell) how much do you guys think muscle memory will come in to play? Lol
>>
This was what I was at prior to wreck. 198lbs
>>
File: IMG_0139.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0139.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
My pelvis lol
>>
>>42383884
good luck bro

afaik, muscle memory is not a meme
>>
God damn. Glad you're okay.
>>
Ouch. I'm glad you're doing better OP, I wish you the best of luck. My only suggestion would be to not push yourself as hard as you were doing before until you start getting back up to where you were prior to the accident.
>>
>>42383884
so i did some math for my own curiosity
>lost 51 lbs in 90 days
>3500 calories multiplied by 51 =178,000 calories
>divided by 90 is caloric deficit of 1983 . Thats amusing it was all fat and not muscle which it clearly was a lot of. How is this even possible? were you just super medicated and in to much pain to eat?
>>
You'll do fine. I took off the gym for almost a year after 2 years of consistent 5 days a week.
3 weeks in and my muscle mass is already redeveloping way faster than when I first started. Be mindful of your injuries and pain, keep it very light until it's almost too easy and keep on with it.
>>
>>42385563
For the last few months my Apetite has just not been there because of the pain killers. Maybe 500calories a day. Before the accident I was in taking maybe 5000 calories a day. My BMR was right around 3500
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.