[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to start..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: JustKillMe.png (469KB, 456x489px) Image search: [Google]
JustKillMe.png
469KB, 456x489px
How do i start guys ?
Do i just go to the next gym and throw money at a trainer to teach how to do stuff ?
I'm just tired of watched that weak twig every morning in the mirror..

>read the sticky
I did, hometraining isn't an option for me, but i'm too afraid to go to a gym and touch shit i don't have a clue about.
>Ask friends for advice
All twigs like me, nobody does sport..
>>
>>42381759
1. get a gym membership
2. read starting strength
3. watch form videos online
4. go to gym and lift
5. repeat steps 3-5
>>
Lurk more faggot, watch videos on form, watch videos in the gym on your phone on form, if you're still unsure ask someone that looks like they know what they're doing for help.

If you're a skellington then you're not going to be moving any kind of weight thats going to hurt you so stop being a fag and go
>>
>>42381759
Besides the sticky there are thousands of sites and articles to learn about lifting.

The best thing to do it just print out some routine, any routine, show up at the gym during off hours, and go for it. You're only going to really learn how to work out by experiencing it.
>>
Try practicing at home with like a broom or cans of soup in front of a mirror to get form down so you feel more confident.
>>
find a 24/7 and go in the dead of night
and slowly work your way up too busier times
>>
Find a program you want to follow and research how to do the exercises. Then go to the gym and do it
>>
Something I did when I first started was make a small mental checklist of proper queues before starting the lift for the big four such as pretending to squeeze a tennis ball with my back before benching then making sure my hands are properly placed on the bar.

Just take your time when preparing to execute the lift, we all begin somewhere.
>>
>>42381759

>Do i just go to the next gym and throw money at a trainer to teach how to do stuff ?
No. The internet is a nearly endless source of information. Use it.
>I'm just tired of watched that weak twig every morning in the mirror..
Suck it up.
>>read the sticky
Read it again.
>I did, hometraining isn't an option for me, but i'm too afraid to go to a gym and touch shit i don't have a clue about.
Learn about equipment and exercises thoroughly. If you have a membership, the staff are at least obligated to tell you what a price of equipment is called.
>>Ask friends for advice
Wrong.
>>
>>42381790
HOLY FUCK THIS OP

READ THE BOOK THAT TEACHES YOU HOW TO LIFT.

THEN WATCH PEOPLE LIFT

THEN GO LIFT

RECORD YOURSELF AND WATCH YOUR FUCK UPS

THEN DO IT AGAIN BUT BETTER
>>
>>42381808
>>42381887
That sounds actually useful, thanks.
>>
>>42381759
I have the worst social anxiety in the world, and starting going to the gym was very intimidating. Now it's literally the only place I don't have any anxiety, because it was nowhere near as bad as I thought, and everyone I have ever spoken with at the gym has been extremely friendly. Just watch some form videos on whatever exercises your going to do, and do them.
>>
>>42381925
Exactly, my first time at the gym some dude literally came over to me after a few sets and helped me out majorly with form and the like.
>>
File: qe2ha07amv7z.jpg (94KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
qe2ha07amv7z.jpg
94KB, 550x733px
>>42381925
>>42381988
>friendly gym society
>>
when i started the first programs i followed were from bodybuilding.com
go there, put in your current stats and whatever, it gives you a choice of "customised" programs, choose one of them and read through what it tells you to do

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-muscle-building-trainer-day-8.html

here's an example of one of their programs, you mostly need to look through these pages telling you what exercises to do on which days and also if you click on the exercise it tells you how to do it

I'm gonna come right out and say that basically all the programs on bb.com are shit, cookie cutter programs and i personally wouldn't follow them.
But YOU should because they are easy and teach you how to do exercises and let you get a feel for the weight and what you are capable of.
1/2
>>
>>42382228
you SHOULD NOT do a 5x5 the first time in the gym like the retards in this thread are saying because you don't have your form down yet and you don't know the weight. notice the first time you do squats on this program is on the second leg day and you're doing 14-18 reps, this is so you actually learn how to squat. you can even take out a few of these exercises if it's too much for you in one day.
the first three to six months you are going to fuck up so many times and the last thing you need is to fuck up with heavy weight.
>inb4 enjoy your no gains
If you're a noob you WILL make gains regardless, hence the term "noob gains"

if you want to actually get anywhere you're in it for the long haul. be patient and learn how the weight and exercise feels. pay very close attention to you're form. you need to build a base before you can do anything intense.

really make sure you know how to do the exercise before you do it.
your first time in the gym might just be you going round and using all the equipment, trying out the weights, doing sets of 15-20.

make sure you're eating right, google "macros" and look into it if you haven't already and make sure you're sleeping enough. soon enough you will be one of us.
2/2
>>
Is this a good program for beginners?
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beginner-to-advanced-bodybuilder-in-12-weeks.html

>3 weeks one-day split
>3 weeks two-day split
>3 weeks three-day split
>3 weeks four-day split
>>
>>42381759
>>read the sticky
read it again because you obviousley didn't get anything from it, and actually fucking LURK dumbass. learn and lurk before you post something like this
>>
>>42381759
Step one
Download Starting Strength. READ IT
Step to
Go to youtube and watch all the rippetoe vids on technoqie and form.
Step Tree
Go to a gym. Start lifting
>>
>>42382566
yeah this is good if you've never lifted before

make sure you know how to do all the exercises and start all the exercises with just the bar (no plates) and then add on plates if you feel comfortable and can do all the reps
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.