[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What squat shoes to get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

What squat shoes to get?
>>
Get some nice ones, a pair will probably last you like a decade so it's not like it's a huge investment all in all.
>>
>>42381110

What are classed as good ones

I want them to look extremely aesthetic as well
>>
>>42381094
Chuck Taylor's only acceptable answer now fuck off. This should be in a qtddtot
>>
Manlet the shoe
>>
>>42381186

Fuck off you lowbar subhuman
>>
>>42381166
over 100 american or something around there. Lots of yuropoors (including myself) use the Power Perfect II, I've had mine for a little over 3 years and there's no problems with them other than some discoloration here and there
>>
>>42381202
>bulks on 4000cal while training SS
>>
>>42381094
just squat barefoot and use the money you saved on lean meat or actual non-overpriced clothing
>>
>>42381683
Getting a pair of shoes that make your training more comfy that will last a decade easily isn't really a waste of money
>>
Adipower is the safe bet for high bar squats.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
>>42381094
Had these for years, work great for pl and strongman.
>>
>>42381772
>>42381202

should i not be using squat shoes for low bar?
>>
>>42381842
Some people prefer a flat sole to decrease rom
>>
>>42381818
How do these things actually work? I like really stiff and somewhat clunky shoes myself, I can't imagine these are very stable when you're also supposed to be able to run in them
>>
File: IMG_7511.jpg (92KB, 1024x471px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7511.jpg
92KB, 1024x471px
>>42381932
>>42381818
I have pic related pair. It says it's okay for running but i wouldn't do it. They're stable in the heel and relatively flexible in the forefoot. Great for squats and ohp would recommend.
>>
>>42381094
I have the adipowers, the white ones, and love them. Only downside is that they get dirty very easily, but when they're new they look fresh as fuck.
>>
>>42381932
I would never run in them. I've squatted 530 at a meet in them if that helps.
>>
>>42381971
>>42382034
I mean you said you used them for strongman and a lot of strongman events involve if not exactly running, moving as fast as possible, that's why I asked. I guess crossfitters use somewhat similar shoes?
>>
>>42381094
switched from the adidas powerlift 3.0s to the adipowers and its a world of difference. The adipowers feel much higher quality and provide that nice "suction" type feel to the ground. Very sturdy and pretty aesthetic as well.
Spring for the adipowers if you can afford them they will last you awhile if you just wear them in the gym.
>>
How autistic is it to wear them out in public?
>>
>>42383208

Very, since it would wear away the heal
>>
Do any of you guys lift in socks? I usually take my shoes off to squat and deadlift but I feel I'm being disrespectful to the other members. I'm female so I don't sweat as much as guys, is it a bad habit or am I okay?
>>
>>42383208
Why would you ever do that? Weightlifting shoes are NOT comfortable to wear and walk around in.
>>
>>42383365
No one at the gym gives a shit what you do for your sets as long as the weights are still there when you're done.
Do whatever you feel comfortable with, a vocal asshole will say something long before you actually make it to the point where a regular person would feel disrespected.
>>
>>42381932
You don't run in them, they're lifting shoes

Get running shoes if you wanna run
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.