[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fairly new to /fit/ On a plan for weight loss Have a question:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: FREQUENCY.jpg (161KB, 1680x1165px) Image search: [Google]
FREQUENCY.jpg
161KB, 1680x1165px
Fairly new to /fit/
On a plan for weight loss

Have a question:

I am on a 1200 calorie diet and doing a 16/8 intermittent fast every day. I do fasted cardio about 4 times per week for 45 mins and I do a 19/5 intermittent fast once a week. Also doing a 40-40-20 carb/protein/fat ration on my diet.

Been going 2 months now and I've lost 11 pounds. No issues, I am not tired, I actually feel great.

I was seeing consistent weight loss, but I have completely plateaued for the past 2 weeks. I recently joined a fitness accountability group. Posted my frustrations with the plateau. A bunch of older overweight women are telling me I need to eat more to lose weight and complaining that I am starving myself (therefore not losing weight?).

Is there any truth in their statement? I thought all it is is calories in, calories out? Still doesn't explain the plateau. Any halp?
>>
>>42371887
bump for halp
>>
>>42371887
Are you tracking your calorie intake accurately? Are you updating the amount of calories you need every time you lose a pound? Do you use a calorie tracker app like Lose It?
>>
>>42371887
bitch do you want help or not!?
>>
>>42371887

What's your weight/goal? Sounds like you don't need to lose that much, or you're not working out at all.
>>
>>42373013
>>42373569
>>42373621
Sorry, I left to go work out.

I am using my fitness pal. I scan and measure all my foods aside from vegetables, I just go by what "one medium sweet potato" says when I search it, for example.

>Are you updating the amount of calories you need every time you lose a pound?
What do you mean? Is there something I have to change in the app? I do update my weight but it doesn't change anything about the set calories.

I am currently 5'3 and 167 pounds. I work out 4 times a week on the elliptical 30 mins, then finish with 15 mins high resistance on a stationary bike.

I did an increase today. I did the elliptical and stationary bike this morning, then jogged and climbed stairs this evening for 40 mins. Felt way more of a work out doing the jog and stairs.
>>
>>42374468
Also, my goal is 130.
>>
>>42374480
167 is fat fuck tier for 5'3 you can go much lower even 100 lbs if you are not muscular.

Your caloric intake is fine but you might be doing too much exercise and causing stress and water retention that masks weightloss
>>
>>42374567
I have gone from 200 pounds to 125 in two years. It crept back up over the past two years. I had always been athletic was a swimmer/water polo player in college and high school, then the babies came and fucked me up.
>>
>>42374639
Well, I went from 200 to 125 from 2011 to 2013 after I had my kid. Maintained it for a good few years, then I got lazy around late 2015 and it crept.

Sorry if that was confusing.
>>
Honestly, I haven't been 100 pounds since I was 12.

When I was 125, I liked the way I looked and wore a women's size 4. I may or may not go harder once I hit 130, I will re-evaluate then.
>>
>>42374468
I like the Lose It app, same function as myfitnesspal, only it automatically recalculates your caloric intake needs based on current weight.

https://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
https://www.freedieting.com/tools/ideal_body_weight.htm

Alternatively, these two calculators are good for calculating your caloric needs for weight loss and your ideal weight for your height and gender. That said, be whatever weight you're comfortable being.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.