[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the optimal length of time for a bulk? Will a 6 month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Facebook-b13ac8.png (145KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
Facebook-b13ac8.png
145KB, 500x517px
What is the optimal length of time for a bulk?
Will a 6 month bulk add too much fat?
5'11 170 btw, ~15% BF
>>
>>42358285
Why in the fuck would you not just pull out a seat bolt, sand the coating off a bit, then ground the amp using that bolt?
>>
3 months
>>
>>42358285
Bulking is a meme.

Maintain your weight by eating slightly higher than maintenance on workout days.
>>
For as long as it takes to build muscle.
Time is not the deciding factor of your body fat percentage. How much you eat is. If you're over 15-18%, then you're too fat. Eat less carbs.
Your testosterone levels get lower as you get fatter.
>>
>>42358359

Redneck, black, or slav

>>42358285

First, you're seriously underweight
Second, bulk at a bit higher than TDEE, cut when you feel too fat. Not rocket science
>>
>>42358285
time isn't a factor, bodyfat is. fat gain in a bulk is determined by how lean you are during it (as well as rate of weight gain per week, adequate protein intake and adequate training stimuli), which is why most recommend going from 10% up to 15% and then repeating. any higher and your nutrient partitioning goes to shit and your weight gain shifts from

i'm also betting your 15% is super generous. cut or recomp, don't bulk right now.
>>
>>42359056
*shifts progressively from muscle majority to fat
>>
File: 050_OCT13.jpg (78KB, 300x387px) Image search: [Google]
050_OCT13.jpg
78KB, 300x387px
>>42359018
>5'11" 170lb
>"seriously underweight"

Don't listen to this idiot, OP. He's a fucking tool.
Pic related.
>>
>>42359231
He fights at 170, meaning he walks around at 185-190
>>
>>42358459
are you stupid?
>>
>>42358359
This
>>
>>42359018
Don't listen to this faggot. He's trying to make you fat
>>
>>42358285
You should be bulking when you are 10%, reach 15%, stop, and cut back to 10%.
The leaner the are, more % of the calories eaten will go to muscle instead of fat.
>>
>>42359231
>>42359608

I'm 5'11" and walk at 190-200 @ 12-15%

I don't have bulging quads; my thigh mass is pretty much front to back

My shoulders, which are my best part, may fill out a shirt but unless I size way too small the best I'll ever get is I weigh just enough not to look lanky
>>
File: IMG_9576.jpg (125KB, 692x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9576.jpg
125KB, 692x478px
>>42358285
Optimal bulk is over a year. All successful bodybuilders will tell you this. Let this count as a reminder that 95% of this board doesn't actually lift and just gives out meme advice to feel superior.
>muh summer cut winter bulk
>gotta have that beach body
>hurr durr
>>
>>42358285
It's about how much fat and muscle gained, not time. You could bulk 9 months a year if you're doing a very slow clean bulk.

Personally I do cycles of about 3 months bulk adding maybe 5lb of muscle and 5 of fat, 6 weeks cut drop 5 lbs of fat and maybe 1lb muscle, repeat.

If you juice or are a noob you can go harder than that. If you're more than 2-3 years of QUALITY lifting nearing natty limit you have to keep getting shittier ratio of fat/muscle gained.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.