[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 306
Thread images: 48

File: 1469234297215.png (1KB, 268x93px) Image search: [Google]
1469234297215.png
1KB, 268x93px
Other thread is locked.
Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Cutting, getting gassed and losing energy/endurance during my compounds pretty fucking bad and my lifts are starting to drop. Went from 193 lbs to 147 lbs and 5'7, maybe around 17 - 20% bf.
Current calorie intake is only at 1500, but I'm a 5'7 manlet so it should still only be a 500 - 800 cal deficit. I'm not sleeping a lot though, 6 or so hours of sleep a night.

My first working set of a compound lift usually feels good, but during the remaining sets the weights feel so much fucking heavier and I lose breath fast.

Is sleep the only thing that's making me feel this way, or am I cutting way too hard? I try to get around 140g protein, carbs are anywhere from 90g to 130g, fats are usually around 50g or so.
>>
Lower back pain on squats, what to do?
>>
I've got a pull up bar and some rings. If I do a non specific fuckton (i.e. as many as I can at hardest difficulty I can) of pull ups, rows, ring pushups and some handstandish variation will I get big?
>>
File: 1481333019385.jpg (146KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1481333019385.jpg
146KB, 1080x1349px
Getting back into free weights after a long hiatus. Male 6'3". 170lb skelter

Do I need to wear a lifting belt when doing squats and deadlifts? Pros/cons? Pls advise
>>
look up during pullups or look forwards? same with chinups.
>>
>>42357562
work on your form and don't lift so heavy if your form is the problem. De-load and truly think your way through. Review some starting strength:
http://startingstrength.com/article/analysis_of_the_squat

That's all I can give, good luck anon.
>>
>>42357630
For novice or getting back you shouldn't be lifting heavy enough so that you will need a belt. As you progress you will start to need it. So for now just get your feet wet
>>
>>42357690
Thx m8
>>
Is swimming the GOAT of cardio?
>>
>>42357757
Yes, if you want to beat a great white shark in a race
>>
>>42357503
Use http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ to figure out a right deficit and watch out for the warnings. Being gassed might just be mental. Eat at tdee to reset your mind if you can't push through.
>>
File: lakedistrict.jpg (170KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
lakedistrict.jpg
170KB, 2000x1333px
Doing PHUL, is this program best to achieve aesthetic? I'm feeling like I might be overtraining since I'm doing 7 - 8 exercises on upper day.
>>
>>42357562
to address it from every possible angle:
>do deadlifts to strengthen spinal erectors
>learn correct form and have someone watch and correct you
>strengthen core with ab isolation
>foam roll or stretch hamstrings and glutes as they attach to your lower spine

>>42357617
programming is important, progressive overload/volume/intensity are all very key growth factors if you just do a fuck load of reps in no discernible order or method you will not be making optimal gains, if possible switch to barbell training

otherwise consider that training something like legs is rather difficult if not impossible to do without weights and maintain linear progress and progressive overload is also impossible without weights on these bodyweight exercises (its easier to slap another 45lb plate on a barbell but not to put one your back for pushups as an example and you could argue that you can make the exercises harder by doing variations but they eventually become endurance/cardio in style as reps increase and you wont get the same intensity as you would under a barbell)

>>42357655
if looking forward helps you not swing or 'kip' your body during the movement then look forward, other wise i dont see why you couldnt do either, although current 'calisthenics experts' (as much as i think bodyweight routines are a scam) recommend shrugging at the bottom of the movement and up through the entire movement to engage the traps and better recruit lats looking forward will help with this

>>42357630
im the same height as you and started using a belt at 4pl8 deadlift and with heavy BB rows although i found it unnecessary on squats (its not required but can be helpful if you are a fellow lanklet)
>>
Creatine or CLA or none? Cant fucking get rid of the last layer of fat !
>>
>>42358065
i think phat is generally considered as superior to phul (layne norton has a PhD in Nutritional Sciences and a BS in Biochemistry although as for reasons ill describe makes no difference to me in critiquing his program)

phul/phat are even more ridiculous than PPLPPLx having you do insane volume by which you a forced to lower weights than is necessary for progressive overload and growth, both of these routines effectively get you a sick pump but youd be better off for gains in strength and hypertrophy doing a routine different from either of those (a routine with proper progression, progressive overload, manageable volume with the appropriate intensity)

>>42357757
Eddie Hall (WSM 2017) swims regularly so yes it is
>>
>>42358144
invest some time into examine . com and learn that creatine is a very studied and one of the few worthy supplements
>increases ATP output
>thus increases maximal strength output
>increases muscle mass via water retention, you look fuller while your on it (so its rather pointless because if you stop you lose it)
>it is unrealistic (and likely unhealthy) to get that much creatine from meat alone
>creatine wont help you lose weight but id still recommend it
>>
>>42357503
You're simply cutting too hard, also
>5'7
>147lbs 20% bf
You lose close to 50 pounds and keep that much fat? I'm 5'7 too, having trouble picturing that.
>>
>>42358271
Ive reed something about some creatines that dont do water retention also minr objective is cutting, not in for aesthetics just to fight, and i choose speed over strength
>>
File: IMG_3507.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3507.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
some girl snapped me when she was drunk and said I should stop working out. Why would she say this is she just a jealous slob?
>>
I stretched my chest out on a yoga ball today doing a "Jesus on a cross" pose
Now my left arm is involuntary twitching.
It's been going on for 2 hours and hasn't shown any signs of slowing

Please for the love of God give advice please
>>
>>42358466
"why don't you come over and give me something better to do?"

autist.
>>
File: 1493265981470.jpg (63KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
1493265981470.jpg
63KB, 640x853px
What are the benefits of playing basketball? I've noticed most people who play basketball tend to have big delts.
>>
File: IMG_20170722_012040.jpg (327KB, 1183x1631px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170722_012040.jpg
327KB, 1183x1631px
>>42357960
I actually have looked at these online calculators and they usually put me around 1900 - 2000 calories when sedentary. I have heard to not count lifting as exercise when calculating TDEE, and I don't really do any cardio apart from 7k - 10k steps a day at my job (I have no idea how many calories burned that would translate to, but I can't imagine it would be more than 500 calories).
>Eat at TDEE
I have a cheat day probably once a week or every two weeks.

>>42358334
>You're simply cutting too hard.
Probably, I think I might raise my intake to 1600, possibly even 1700.
Pic related was from a week and a half ago, I think I still have love handles and a gut so I assume I'm at least above 15.
>>
>>42358561
You can be a 20 year old faggot with a flat brimmed hat that still listens to rap
>>
>>42358466
You look good nigga. She just hating bro hoes do that when they know they can't get you. Stop respecting thots.
>>
File: body.jpg (3MB, 3392x2952px) Image search: [Google]
body.jpg
3MB, 3392x2952px
>>42357503
6'1" 170lbs fuck it, i'm just gonna eat and lift weights and hope I get otter mode. This shit is so confusing.
>>
Is there a ratio that I should consume mono-unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats? I know to limit saturated fats to a minimum.

Also is sweet smelling sweat a sign of a serious health issue. My armpits smelled of some kind of sweet syrup or something. Did not use deo and it was after my workout btw.
>>
File: 1496804785025.png (2MB, 1684x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1496804785025.png
2MB, 1684x1920px
How bad is Fat Free Ranch Dressing? I use about 2tbl spoons of it with my Chicken. Should I just cut it out completely and suck it up or is there a secret Ranch Recipe that is pretty healthy?
>>
I'm at the start of my cut and feel very low energy and my vision goes black when I stand up. I basically have to bend over and breathe for a minute before I can walk or I pass out. What do I do? I drink a ton of water and am cutting clean.
>>
File: why.jpg (33KB, 677x205px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
33KB, 677x205px
>>42358798
I use greek yogurt (I personally use fage 0%) + those ranch seasoning packets. I can only assume the greek yogurt adds a tad bit more protein over the fat free premade stuff.
>>
>>42358355
read what i said creatine increase ATP production effectively increasing maximal strength output and cellular energy production thus making you stronger

also creatine only effects muscle tissue not fat so it doesnt effect your ability to cut

creatines like a no brainer for anyone

(increasing strength = increasing total power of workout = more gains = stronger/more muscle/more cut)
>>
File: 3RNK5.gif (12KB, 499x439px) Image search: [Google]
3RNK5.gif
12KB, 499x439px
When using TDEE calculators (e.g. https://tdeecalculator.net/), how do I know which activity level to pick? I basically do nothing but sit around the house all day except for lifting 3 or 4 days a week.

Should I choose sedentary or moderate exercise?
>>
>>42358907
>>42358798
Oh right, numbers at the bottom are
>Calories, protein, fat, carbs, fiber, sugar.
>>
What's the best stretch to hit the hips? I ask because I recently started lifting and it exposed some sort of fucked up problem which gives me back pain (one side) and leg numbness, both intensifying greatly when I squat, so much so that I used to not be able to do them. Before you ask, its nothing to do with a herniation; I already had an MRI done.

I started working with a physical therapist and he gave me some basic stretching exercises that sort of helped, but didn't help enough to solve the squatting issue. I was doing 5x5, and he eventually suggested doing 3x8 and doing a piriformis and lunge stretch inbetween each set. This was like a silver bullet, so much that I started the session with numbness and left without.

Anyway I haven't really had numbness since, but the back pain persists. I think it has to do with my hips because I always have an extreme tightness on the problem side. So much so that I can simply turn my foot to face directly forward and feel a huge stretch in my hip wanting to pull it back outwards again. What's the best stretch I can do to fix the internal rotation tightness? I'd ask the PT but I'm trying to keep the amount of sessions down, and never hurts to get multiple opinions.
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 490x1017px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 490x1017px
Can some one rate/judge/help my workout routine?
Excluding warm up
8x3 60%
5x2 80%
3x1 max I can do
Is this fucking my gains?
>>
How to get rid of dark circles under eyesight? Not sure if its from staring at a screen most of the day or bad sleeping schedule but I have had them for years now
>>
How do you guys transition from bulking to cutting? Do you instantly drop your calories or do you do it slowly over time? I'm thinking about dropping 200 calories each week until I get to where I want to be.
>>
What Body Fat % should I cut at? I'm at 25-26% (according to the calipers I just bought). I'm 6'3'' 188 lbs. I guess I would be skinny fat by /fit/ standards. I've got a bit of a gut and some small titties but everywhere else looks really skinny. What do?
>>
>>42359125
That's a great idea. You could drop to 500 and be fine but slowly lower from there. The heavier you are the bigger your initial cut can be. But getting to 1000 should take several weeks.
>>
>>42357503

I'll probably get ridiculing answers but fuck it:

If I take shits 3+ times a day, does it diminish the nutrients that I ate during the day?

Also, a lot of people say that being 1 1/2 hours at the gym is retarded but I have seen my gains go up since I always do back + biceps (with chest and triceps during my breaks), chest + triceps (with back and biceps during my breaks), and shoulders + legs while going to the gym every second day. Why the fuck should I change my routine and go more often if I can get my gains while staying one and a half hours and go every second day?
>>
If i'm eating at my caloric deficit, does it matter if I hit my macro goals as long as i eat 100+ grams of protein?
>>
>>42358915
sedentary
>>
I found my issue with getting fit is not being able to eat enough, because i can't fit it all in. I can't eat my daily calorie intake because I have a shit appetite. I've been eating consistently and stuffing myself for the last few weeks, but my stomach hasn't stretched or returned to the eating habits I had in highschool. On top of that, I work in a factory, so i'm almost sure I burn off more calories than I gain. I can't fucking do it anymore. I can't force myself to eat anymore.

Is there anything to aid with my problem....
>>
>>42359354

>tfw nobody is replying to the fucking answers

jesus fucking christ, this board is shit

regarding your question, I would say that your best bet is to get into shakes. I have the same problem (1,75m at 69kg) and I do it by making calorie dense shakes. for example, you can put in milk, oats, peanut butter, whey powder, cinnamon and have plenty of calories. take it prior to going to sleep and you have something to keep you filled with proteins until breakfast too
>>
>>42359276
you will feel like shit if you don't eat enough fat
you won't have much energy and your lifts will suffer if you don't eat enough carbs

>>42359354
drink milk, super easy for me at least to down 2-3 liters a day
also eat lots of carbs like macaroni and bread, they don't fill you up too much

>>42359260
no

how is 1.5 hours retarded? I've had days anywhere between 20 minutes and 3hours depending on my program
also your program is probably extremely shit, go do something like SS if you're new
>>
If I do something like this when I bulk, will I still end up getting decent gains but feel like fucking garbage?
>6x 4oz. chicken breasts for protein, gonna assume it's 700 cals and 100g+ protein, or maybe 5x scoops of whey.
>fill the rest of my calories up with junk food like eating a jar of cookie butter until I hit 2500 - 2700 calories
>>
>>42359683
try it and find out, everyones different
my diet includes a shit load of junk food and alcohol (within macros) and I still get great gains and feel fantastic, but my lifting buddy says he has to eat real clean to progress
>>
Which row variant is easiest to get your form correct on?
>>
>>42359715
for me it was the pendlay, not much to get wrong there
>>
>>42359594

>also your program is probably extremely shit, go do something like SS if you're new

I'm not new at all, been lifting for years. why not do some pull ups after hitting the bench? I feel like there's nothing bad about hitting other body parts as a side thing. it's just about 15 seconds per set anyway
>>
File: 1452561208539.jpg (144KB, 464x464px) Image search: [Google]
1452561208539.jpg
144KB, 464x464px
>>42359192
Answer me faggots.
>>
Is this stuff bad?

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/default.aspx?id=268029441

it seems fine from the nutrition labels but I am no expert on sweeteners
>>
File: sht-happens-sometimes-240.jpg (81KB, 550x507px) Image search: [Google]
sht-happens-sometimes-240.jpg
81KB, 550x507px
How do I strengthen my glute medius and minimus?
>>
I've been lifting on and off for years but only really got serious about 8 months ago. For the past 8 months I've been on one massive cut, and I've lost about 45 pounds while (almost) retaining all my strength.

I'm happy with my weight loss and I want to get stronger. I want to start bulking soon, and I'm wondering what a good time frame is. Do I now bulk for another 8 months, and reverse again? Or should a bulk/cut cycle last only about 2 or 3 months?
>>
>>42359995
2 or 3 months
You don't want to be proud of weight loss than just balloon to that size again.
That's how you go "packing on mass" Mac mode
>>
Are there any good /fit/ related podcasts?
>>
File: received_1337314342972245.jpg (168KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
received_1337314342972245.jpg
168KB, 2048x1152px
Is it ok to work out even if youre sore? I recently decided that being a fat cunt isn't gonna help me get women so I started workin out. Im pretty sore but I look at my self and want to keep at it. I just wanna know if it'll fuck me up
>>
ok i was messaging a grill on tinder idk what to respond
i say
>any plans?
she says
>what do you mean?
what do
>>
>>42360100

don't fucking ask, that's my number one rule. my girlfriend was the first girl that rejected me and after I immediately was straightforward about my intentions, it all changed.

don't ask, just say what you want. change "any plans?" to "hey, let's get a drink" and you will not only not waste your time but also immediately know what the chick thinks of you
>>
File: received_1403191043051241.jpg (8KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
received_1403191043051241.jpg
8KB, 250x202px
>>42360100
She's prolly wondering if you mean plans for her future or like going out kinda plans. Be more specific.
>>
TDEE calculator and MFP suggested calorie limits are different, which one should i go with?
using this calculator:
https://tdeecalculator.net/result.php?s=imperial&age=20&g=male&lbs=190&in=64&act=1.2&bf=&f=1
>>
>>42357503
I like to sautee a mix of vegetables and I like the mfresh so I end up using only half or less of eachvegetable so it isnt insane volumes.
Is it fine to just throw what's left into a tupperware? or is that a bad way to store them
>>
>>42358915
Definitely not sedentary. Choose light or moderate. Sedentary is for fatties and DYELs
I set mine to lightly active and I've actually lost 3 or 4 lbs in a month
>>
i did a trap workout yesterday, with both dumbells and barbells, i made sure i had equal form on both sides, yet i am only feeling sore in my left trap, my right trap is completely fine, did i do something wrong?
>>
File: o.jpg (64KB, 535x798px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
64KB, 535x798px
2 or 3 chicken breasts for dinner?
Ive been doing 3 but it feels a little excessive
>>
how the fuck do I breath during a squat

Currently I breathe in while going down, then exhale while going up. Feel like not enough oxygen in the brain after a set.

I don't think its a weight issue.
>>
>>42361038
jesus christ dude

You hold your breath through the entire squat

>breath in
>brace
>squat
>come all the way back up
>exhale
>>
can lgd4033 powder be taken straight or should it be put in capsules
>>
is lifting 6 days a week over training?. I'm 2 months in and bulking doing back/bi-chest/tri-legs/shoulders
>>
>>42360707
do you wanna get big or not?
>>
Would a week of eating less protein then usual cause any problems? On vacation so don't have access to what I normally would be eating
>>
Due to my schedule some days I get home with only enough time for 6-7 hours of sleep. If I get 10 hours of sleep on other nights, enough so that it averages out to 8-9 a night, can I catch up on my gains? Or is it still suboptimal
>>
>>42361053
This, but if you're struggling on the way up pushing the air out can help you get through a sticking point
>>
>>42359054
So your foot wants to turn out? I do pic related to stretch out my glutes and lower back, I feel it on the outside of my ass mostly. Could help, especially if your issue is from sitting too much. But it sounds like something weird and specific, I would probably ask the physio.
>>
Newbie here, 6'1, 184lb. Still very weak. I feel it takes me a particularly long amount of time to warm up and ingrain technique. When I follow SS guidelines to warming up (two sets with bar, then 1x5 1x3 1x2 working up), particularly with squats, by the time I get to work sets, I still feel cold and my form is messy.

Decided to take a day to work exclusively on form. Naturally did more volume than usual, filming myself and repeating each increment of weight a few times until it looked/felt better, and actually got to my puny work weight (145lb) and did it way better than before. Didn't attempt to do 3x5 though.

Should I just repeat that process every workout? Or regularly have a technique day?
>>
Does abstaining from masturbation (nofap) actually provide physical benefits or is it all a placebo?
I'm currently trying nofap, have fapped almost every day for 5 years so it's difficult. By day 3 I can hardly touch my dick without cumming, I want to know if it's worth it to go through this or if there's no point.
>>
>>42359951
Bump
>>
>>42361975
Chemicals in the plastic bottle might be a bigger concern than the contents of the drink.
>>
Are there any legal substances that actually increase testosterone levels?
>>
File: 1493257422690.jpg (419KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1493257422690.jpg
419KB, 1280x1280px
>>42358654
I was talking physique-wise
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-30-14-30-17.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-30-14-30-17.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
I want to cook what I eat the whole day in the morning and still have it be 1000 calories. What should I eat? Bonus points if filling and not nasty
>>
>>42362053
What macros do you need to hit? Can't really answer the question otherwise...
>>
>>42362069
Really doesn't matter to me, I need to cut BAD
>>
Squat question: Am I supposed to go down, hold it at the bottom, and then come back up? Or just reverse the motion as soon as I hit depth (assuming I'm squatting deep enough?) When I do the former, I feel all the tension leave my hamstrings and glutes and it feels like I'm doing all the work with my quads, but when I do the latter, I'm worried I might just be using momentum to drive it back up.

>tl;dr
Should quats look like one continuous motion?
>>
>>42358819
dang help
>>
File: 1501509415216.png (873KB, 715x661px) Image search: [Google]
1501509415216.png
873KB, 715x661px
>>42362053 pls am getting tired
>>
What are the best excersise for increasing leg size, besides squats? Mostly in the thigh region.

I'm pretty skelly, but my legs are exceptionally skelly and I'm sick of that. Heck my legs are smaller than your average Instagram model..
>>
What's easier on the knees both assuming proper form and any possible fuckups you could do?

Highbar or lowbar?
>>
>>42362315
the weight is loaded more on the front of your legs in high bar, so I'd think any possible injury would be exaggerated in the high bar but if you have proper form your knee health shouldn't even be a consideration
>>
>>42362097
I usually do the latter. The trick is to control the descent, rather than just drop all the way down and bounce up by sheer elastic force. Doesn't have to be super slow, but you should be in charge of the weight on the way down so you can choose where to stop. No need for a long pause at the bottom on a regular squat.
>>
>>42357503
I can bench 3pl8, squat 2.5pl8, but can't even do lmao1pl8. Halp. 6'0 180lbs 20%bf.
>>
>>42362492
which exercise are you having trouble with??
>>
>>42362147
Other variations of squats, really. Front squats, hack squats, sissy squats etc. If we're talking about the back of your thighs, Romanian deadlifts, stiff-legged deadlifts, leg curls.
But the important thing is that you manage to increase performance on those exercises over time, while eating enough quality food. If you mess that up, all the exercises in the world won't help you.

>>42362315
The more acute the angle of the joint when it's bend, the more stress is on it. Generally speaking, in the highbar squat you bend your knees more and your hips less. In lowbar you bend your hips more and your knees less. This means more stress is on your hips in the lowbar squat and less on your knees. So if you're having knee issues, it makes sense to use the lowbar variation (temporarily anyway). If it's really bad e.g. rehab after ACL reconstruction or something, you can go for variations that have a 100% vertical shin (minimizing knee stress) such as an RDL.

That said, don't forget that WE WANT stress. Stress is why we train. When people say "hurr durr this or that stresses the knees", that's a good thing. Getting bigger and stronger is a response to being stressed. BUT the stress must not be too great compared to what YOU are conditioned to handle, or it will cause pain or injury instead
>>
>>42362501
oh shit sorry, I'm really fucking tired. I meant I can dead 3pl8 squat 2.5 pl8 but can't bench 1pl8. It's 1am rn, sorry.
>>
>>42362576
lol no problem anon, I had the same problem.There's quite a few possible causes for a weak bench tho.

First off, you should check your form and be totally comfortable performing the movement. Here's a couple videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYKScL2sgCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqyMdpI2S54

Like the second video said, you may need more muscle before you can move any more weight. If you only do 3 heavy sets of 5, you'll probably reach a point where you're just tiring out your nervous system before your muscle feels any real stress. I recommend doing some assistance work with lower weight and more reps. This can be dumbell benching, and/or just doing a bunch of pushups throughout the day. My friends and I both improved our bench just by doing more "pressing" in our daily lives, and it may work for you.
>>
File: romney_quinn[1].jpg (25KB, 511x282px) Image search: [Google]
romney_quinn[1].jpg
25KB, 511x282px
Was young Mitt Romney Chad? Is current Mitt Romney Chad? What about 2007/2008 Romney?
>>
when is the best time to fap for optimal muscle gain?
>>
Is it too early for TM? Squatting 275x5 but having difficulty recovering between sessions and keeping progress going
>>
>>42362904
Time to switch then. You can't use some arbitrary milestone for anything. When what you're doing no longer works well, something's gotta change (although that's not always the program, of course).
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
How important is getting .8 - 1 g of protein per lb of bw?
>>
>>42362882
Don't masturbate before you work out, it wastes energy
>>
>>42362147
leg press is fun and good
>>
I'm doing GSLP and my bench is fucking stuck at 55kg, any suggestions on what I should add to increase it?
>>
>>42362948
what is your lean body weight
>>
>>42362963
More bench
>>
>>42362965
How am I supposed to know that?
>>
>>42362971
so it sounds like your pretty new to this, if you listened to the memesters telling you to get 1g of protein per pound and your number came to be pretty ridiculous then youre right, its actually 1g per lean body mass (everything you weigh minus fat).
>>
>>42362963
What do you mean stuck? Have you reset? Do you keep hitting the exact same rep records?
>>
>>42363026
Yes to both .. I mean in the same time span of me being stuck on 55kg, my ohp has increased from 30kg to 40kg.
>>
>>42360096
nah youll be fine

been working out twice a day for months and ive only seen steady gains

FORM IS KEY
>>
HOW THE FUCKKKKKK DO I BENCH WITHOUT A SPOTTER???

I can bench way more than I can comfortably unrack wtf do i do? Too autism to ask for a spot. plus gym is empty when i go sometimes
>>
>>42363103

Bench in power rack or just roll of shame. Or don't try to attempt to squeeze out a last rep..
>>
>>42362146
Damn, Cormier really fucked up
>>
What does it mean if my crush who works at the gym jokes about me passing out in the sauna?
>>
File: IMG_2345.jpg (144KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2345.jpg
144KB, 900x1600px
What are some good accessories to add to greyskull?

I was thinking about dumbell fly, curl, lat pull-down, calf raise, push ups and dips
>>
Whats an flashy acrobatic martial art that looks like it would be used by a video game character thats actually practical to use in a fight? Or just a list of actual good martial arts to learn would be appreciated.
>>
>>42363263

The closest thing to that concept, while being combatatively sound would be kyokushin karate. And it's on the list of good martial arts. Basically:

Striking: Kyokushin, Muay Thai, Boxing and Kickboxing
Grappling: Judo, BJJ, Wrestling

And to follow up:

God Tier: Training some combination of these at a MMA school aimed at combining
Great Tier: Crosstraining a striking and a grappling art
Good Tier: Training two striking or two grappling arts that fill each others gaps (boxing for head defense added to kyokushin, or judo added to BJJ to cover throws for example)
Acceptable Tier: Training any one of these Arts
>>
File: Jaime_s6_Ep08_.jpg (51KB, 350x497px) Image search: [Google]
Jaime_s6_Ep08_.jpg
51KB, 350x497px
>>42357503
Whats the best routine I can do at home to get /fit/ with zero equipment?

I'm satisfied just reaching ottermode.
Starting off fat.
>>
>>42363138

Not what I'm asking; I can do the reps just fine, the problem is UNracking them, since it's above my head.
>>
>>42363351

You still need a pull up bar though. Install one at home
>>
>>42363351

fork putdowns x10 into a bodyweight fitness routine (/r/bodyweightfitness) is the diplomatic answer to your question.

the real answer is that 99% of the ottermodes you see lift weights. Ottermode is achieved by having muscle (especially chest, delts, and lats) and very low body fat. Abs, a big component of ottermode, also might just not show up if your genetics dictate you hold fat in front of your abs. Some people have visible abs at 14% bf, some don't even have them at 9. It can take 1.5-2yrs for a skelly or DYEL to reach ottermode, and that's with consistent weight training and regimented diet. So you asking about "just" being ottermode leads me to believe you don't know wtf is going on.

read the sticky if you haven't already and join an actual gym. 40 bucks a month is an investment in your health that will pay off. You're probably overspending on food by at LEAST 40 bucks a month anyhow, especially if you eat out.

but seriously the fact that it didn't occur to you to check out the bodyweight fitness general is telling
>>
>>42363351

The Startbodyweight routine, but be sure to add in bridges (convict conditioning has a plan for them). Also, don't be shy about skill work either. Make handstands your first priority then work from there.

You will need to find a public park with pullup bars and parallel bars. But that's all you'll really need to get started.
>>
1. When do I stop hating myself?
2. Should I be cutting out pasta & rice while "cutting"? What should I ideally be eating? If I count cals, I should be fine right? Does it matter if I eat nothing (or 200-300cals) during the day then have 1000-1500cals at dinner?
>>
>>42363333
Ok thanks man, ill give it a look
>>
>>42363478

1. Never

2. Depends what your macros are. Only counting calories is a pretty rookie mistake. You need to track how much protein, carbs, and fats you're getting as well because your body needs all three. If pasta and rice fit your macros and don't go over your calorie limit, there's no reason to avoid them. If they don't fit your macros or go over your calorie limit, then there's no reason to eat them.

>Does it matter if I eat nothing (or 200-300cals) during the day then have 1000-1500cals at dinner?

"200-300" "1000-1500" is a range of 600 calories. That can be the difference between a bulk and a cut. What does your diet plan look like? Are you fat and just trying to lose weight or are you going on a cut while trying to maintain muscle mass?
>>
So I've lost a lot of weight due to my diet plus the cardio and ended up being skinnyfat. Do I start eating more and do weights to become skinny?
>>
>>42363507
1. Well at least I can stop pretending I enjoy life

2. Okay, so I'm making rookie moves. What I usually do is skip breakfast (I wake up at 10 anyways), then I might have a light snack at work, hit the gym, then cook dinner. I've only been counting calories so I haven't paid too much attention to what I've been eating but it's mostly either been pasta or rice with a salad and protein bar, or yogurt and a veggie wok with a single sausage. I don't put too much time into food, cause I have to run a company, maintain 3700SR In overwatch, go to the gym and sleep all at the same time.

I'm skinnyfat but I've only been working out seriously for about 3 months (PHUL, cardio on rest days)
>>
>>42363548

Find an hour to sit down and plan your meals for the week and track your macros. Stick to your diet plan. You are probably overeating without realizing it. You also need to be tracking your weight and bf% to see if you are improving.
>>
>>42363627
w-who
>>
>>42363627
This is a blue board you fucking turd
No porn allowed
>>
>>42363627
>Also what are some good hobbies to get into

for /fit/? cooking. only serves to benefit you.

pick up some books and go /fitlit/ for maximum self improvement. abebooks for dirt cheap used books.
>>
>>42363652
it are just tits fag
>>
>>42363627
>>42363752
this is a halal board, don't post that
>>
>>42363637
megan salinas getting groped by malena morgan
>>
File: 1499132492743.png (14KB, 520x469px) Image search: [Google]
1499132492743.png
14KB, 520x469px
Okay should a skinnyfat bulk or cut? Why does everybody say something different? What actually works?
Also, can one cut and still make muscle gains?
>>
>>42363892
Just fucking pick one, either way you will see improvement in your physique. If you are getting enough protein and sufficiently tearing the muscle (i.e. LIFTING), your body won't just leave your muscles torn even if you're eating at a caloric deficit. If you're complete DYEL, at least some of your intake will go to rebuilding the muscle. So yes, it's possible to build muscle on a cut.

If you were to ask for a recommendation, I'd say cut and lift so you can bulk longer and lose less muscle on your first real cut (where you really need to focus on retaining muscle vs. now where it doesn't matter all that much if you lose anything because you can easily gain that much back)
>>
is it possible that my weak core muscles would make me more susceptible to sore lower back?
>>
>>42364018
it's more likely your form is just fucked, assuming it's even from lifting. Also consider how long you are sitting/laying down/standing and how you do so. If you're posture in any of these is bad, it could lead to LBP and you might just be misattributing it to your weak core
>>
File: 1498412661033.jpg (62KB, 475x454px) Image search: [Google]
1498412661033.jpg
62KB, 475x454px
What's the difference between volume and intensity?
>>
Is it ok if i use caffeine (sci x-plode hardcore) before my workout and take creatine mono after aswell ? I've read the two are not a good combo and could cancel the effects of creatine
>>
>>42364058

Intensity is weight, volume is reps.

High intensity workout is few reps at high (relative to your ability) weight and volume is medium low weight (again relative) with high reps.
>>
>>42363986
Thanks, anon. I think I'll just eat cleanly without worrying about calories. When I start to stall I'll scrutinize my diet.
>>
>>42364058
https://traineatgain.com/training-intensity-volume-difference/

learn2duckduckgo
>>
>>42364058
Volume = The overall workload (Sets x reps x weight)

Intensity = The amount of weight lifted in comparison to your 1rm (90% of 1rm would be high intensity and 50% of 1rm would be low intensity)
>>
I lost 40kgs by dieting and running for the past year.
Everything has been going pretty smoothly until I plateaued last month.
My current BMI is 23.9 (down from 37) and my body fat is really high at 19.5%.
I wanna start going to a gym to build some muscle and lost the last 10 kgs to achieve 20 BMI.
I've literally never been to a gym all my life. This is scary. What the fuck should I do there?
Tips for extreme noob pls.
>>
My shoulder makes a very loud but painless clicking noise when I rotate my arm in a specific way. Also it feels a bit tight when I bench and gives a dull click if I go too low. Is this normal /fit/?
>>
a friend of mine who knows alot about working out told me that u risk hurting your patellar tendon when ur knees go over your toes while squatting. is that true?
>>
>>42364301
The more your knees go forward, the more stress is going to be on the knee joint. However, there's a couple of things you need to understand:

First, the stress must go somewhere. If you don't allow your knees to come forward that simply means you'll have to bend more at the hips, which means more stress will go there. It's not a question of removing stress, it's a question how you want to distribute it.

Second, realize that we WANT stress. Stress is the whole reason we're loading it up in the first place. We induce stress to the body as a stimulus it must adapt to by becoming stronger. So while it's true that forward movement of the knees increases stress on the knee joints that can absolutely be a desirable thing.
Stressing our bodies through training is a balancing act though. You have to find the sweet spot in terms of how much stress you want. Too little and you won't get anywhere. Too much and you'll start getting pains and injuries. Your friend isn't technically wrong; too much squatting too soon (i.e. without building up to it over time) is likely to cause knee issues, and the patellar tendon is a place where you'll often feel this. This is true for all squatting, but obviously the more knee-dominant your squat is (i.e. knees travel forward) the higher the risk.

>>42364166
It's normal and most likely not dangerous, but in most cases it disappears after a proper warm-up, which you're probably not doing.
>>
>>42362684
Thanks man!
>>
>>42364477
thanks for the answer. guess i should just keep on squatting the way im doing it now, since my knees only go a bit over my feet.
>>
File: 531.png (37KB, 756x660px) Image search: [Google]
531.png
37KB, 756x660px
>>42357503
I think I have been doing 531 wrong.
I never caught that
>you use 90% of your 1RM for you calculations
I have just been calculating my 1RM and use that for percentages.
I have been progressing fine, even though I gotta say that sometimes when I managed to 5 rep the last 1+ weight, next time I would have more than 10lbs added for that 1+ set, so maybe that's it
>>
>>42357503
So I bought some chicken and forgot about it in my freezer. Its sell by date is in feb of this year. Would it still be alright to eat?
>>
>>42364549
Yeah you're not actually supposed to be hitting low reps on your +set for a while. Using a so-called training max (90%) helps you start light and keep progression going for longer. It also helps ensure that the program doesn't go to shit if you have a bad day every now and then.

I should add that in his book Beyond 531, Wendler states that he now thinks you should only deload every 7th week rather than every 4th. He also thinks it's a good idea to do 3-5 backoff sets using the weight of the first set of the day.
>>
>>42364595
Do you really wanna risk it? Throw that shit out
>>
>>42364595
I had a similar story with pork shoulder that I bought earlier this year whose sell by date was late January.
Still ate it, didn't get sick and had some delicious pulled pork.

If you aren't strapped for cash I would throw it out though.
>>
>>42364620
yeah but I just tried calculating my 1RM, taking the 90% and making the various % of that, and it came out that for example
>did 80kg x5 bench monday as the last 1+ day
>in 3 weeks on the next 1+ day, I should do 77kg

and if I use 95% the increase is still 1 or 2 kg, so I think I'll just add 2.5 kg to every set I did in one cycle for the next one and see how it goes, or 5kg if I do more than 7 reps on that last one

Also I found that exrx and symstrenght have 1rm calculators with very different results
>>
>>42364696
Of course you're supposed to use less weight next time, seeing as you used too much last time. This isn't an issue as you're still going for max reps. You can still set a rep PR with 77kg.

You can do whatever the fuck you like, of course, but have faith that the program is written the way it is for a reason
>>
>>42364643
>>42364667
Thanks, I've never bought raw meat before this year and starting on fit, so I wasnt sure.
>>
>>42364724
>Of course you're supposed to use less weight next time, seeing as you used too much last time
we must have gotten mixed up.
I did 80kg x5r on the last 95% 1+ set
>>
>>42364731
Oh so what you're saying is that you didn't actually test your true max beforehand, but calculated it, and now it looks like your true max is higher than the number you used?
>>
File: how.jpg (60KB, 550x423px) Image search: [Google]
how.jpg
60KB, 550x423px
i want to do this exercise at home without having to buy the shit to do it, how can i hack my way into using something else? thought of using the bed but dunno how to lock my legs
>>
So I'm trying to do a recomp, basically trying to progress my lifts on a maintenance diet. I'm still a beginner at 62kg, 174cm.

Should I include running into my routine on rest days? Does running help to burn away fats?
>>
>>42357503
How long should I take to do my 1x5 deadlifts? Noob lifting still, just over 2pl8, each rep is super draining and I need to take 15-30 seconds between them. Does that still count as 1x5 or am I doing 5x1?

Also I get light-headed and dizzy afterwards sometimes. Am I gonna die?
>>
>>42363543
post pic of you and pic of goal
>>
I can't afford to go to the gym for the next two sessions of SS. Is this a big problem?
>>
>>42364928
I think you're SOL unless you're willing to build something
you could try putting something heavy on your calves I guess?
>>
>>42365071
If you can't afford to go gym then how will you afford lifting in general?
If you want results you need to be consistent and consistency costs
>>
>>42365092
it's a bit complex to put weights on calves after you are in the starting position for the exercise, maybe i will ask someone to sit on them...im light so it should be enough
>>
>>42365123

I can't afford it for the next two sessions. Not forever. I lift consistently and I'm getting close to intermediate tier. I also have to miss session number 3 due to a flight and having to switch gyms so.
>>
>>42363101
>>42360096
http://startingstrength.com/training/soreness
>>
File: 1444958303765.jpg (31KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1444958303765.jpg
31KB, 500x667px
What is the best PPLPPLx Routine?
>>
>>42364928
Just do light goodmornings or stiff-legged deadlifts instead, or even kettlebell swings.

>>42365013
If I were you I'd keep it simple and see how far just lifting gets you before you begin tweaking things.

>>42365057
It's acceptable to take a few seconds to find your setup before each rep. But these couple of seconds are to get a good position, and not to rest before the next rep because it's too heavy.
If you can't complete the set without taking actual breaks, the weight is too heavy for you.

Dizziness happens sometimes in some exercises. It's not dangerous. Try to keep looking at the same spot throughout the set.

>>42365071
No big deal as long as it's a one time thing. You may need to go a week or two back and start from there once you return to the gym.
>>
>>42365379
>Just do light goodmornings or stiff-legged deadlifts instead, or even kettlebell swings.
i cant into heavy equipment, have no room for it, only have a rubber band and bar for pullups, also im below beginner in strenght so i dont wanna injure my back with improper deadlift form
>>
>>42365379

I've been living abroad this year (when I started lifting in February) and because of traveling back and forth and because of flights and stuff I have had to take about two months off in total, taking this coming week into account. It sucks but there isn't much I could do about it besides BW exercises in my room. Last time I did this I went from 70kg bench to 60kg.
>>
>>42364786
no, this wasn't my first cycle of 531, I've been doing it for a while
it is not recommended to attempt a true 1RM, I calculated it from a 3rm
no, my true max is 80x5 which is about 90kg x1
I said that if I use the 90% it ends up going down in weight at the end of the next cycle, because it would end up with 95% of 90% of 90kg, which is 77kg.
Then I said that trying 95% instead of 90% of my 1RM would add 1 or 2 kg depending on the situation, so I said fuck it, I'll just add 2.5 to all sets, which is kind of what they tell you to do in the tnation article. calculating the new max and doing all the calculations seems to be for the beginning or when you do a lot of reps on that last one
>>
>>42359192
Cut to 10%bf, bulk to 15%.
>>
>>42365377
There is no such thing as a "best routine". There are good and bad routines, and there are routines that suit or don't suit you as an individual.

Generally, the PPLPPLx setup is used as a way to do as high volume training as possible, with the goal being maximum hypertrophy. How high volume you can actually handle depends on your training experience as well as other factors such as how much stress you have in your life and how good your diet is.

The one thing you do need to watch out for is whether the routine is reasonably well balanced in terms of exercise selection. The amount of work done for a given muscle group should match roughly the size of that muscle group to prevent imbalances and injuries. A simple (although not perfect) way to check this, is to see if there's as much pulling as there is pushing, and as much hip dominant lower body work as there is quad dominant lower body work.
>>
>>42365432
fuck it I'll use 95% of my 1RM, it adds 2kg and I'll round it to 2.5
>>
>>42365414
Just google band good mornings then. It's a viable exercise if done for higher reps.
As far as proper form goes, try to think of it as more of a back and forth movement of your hips than an up and down movement. Basically instead of focusing on bending over, you move your ass as far back as you can without falling. This automatically causes your upper body to tilt. Simply reverse the motion and you'll automatically stand back up. Most people automatically maintain a good back position when they do it like this.
>>
>>42365476
thanks my good boy
>>
What the fuck do I do about my hairy nipples.
I'm bald as a fucking baby from my waist to my neck. It looks ridiculous.
>>
>>42365509
tried it but i have a really hard time keeping my lumbar column in the right position, i was trying to do this to make them stronger so i could do deadlifts with the proper form, while minimizing the risk for now
>>
How do I get a gf
>>
>>42365552
If you can't maintain position that has nothing to do with a lack of strength and everything to do with being a motor moron.

Try to search for "hip hinge progression" on Youtube and see if something useful comes up.
>>
>>42360096
It's not okay to not work out because you're sore.
>>
>>42357503
any website/youtube/blog/whatever that has decent meal recipes? I'm fucking clueless on what to do, I eat a variety of foods but theyre always the same aka steam or roast the veggies, stir fry some meat or veggies and etc...

everything I find is shit high in kcals
>>
Do you guys regularly remove calluses? I have trouble doing hanging knee raises (lower back stretch) after a DL day because my callus hurts too much.
>>
Not a fitizen, but on to become one (eventually)
My ribs poke into my pelvis when I sit or lie down on the side, it's painful and pretty awkward, the fuck should I do, I have an appointment in two weeks at a doctor but I want exercises to ease the pain, pls help
>>
Finally found my ideal goal body.

Is this achievable natty? How many years of training do you guys think it would take?

fuckkkkkk it looks so good
>>
>>42368470
no
>>
When I squat, I pretty much only feel it in my right quad, and a little bit in my right glute. I feel like my left quad and glute don't really get any activation. Should I do some isolationg leg extensions for my left leg? What do?
>>
File: 1490912826874.png (7KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1490912826874.png
7KB, 112x112px
how strong can a 6ft skinnyfat get with trained CNS alone?
>>
>>42359951
Check the sweeteners on the NHS website or another trusted source if you're worried, but sweeteners aren't too bad unless you have loads - then it will give you the shits
>>
>>42357503
2 questions
1. I'm pretty duel but I've been lifting for about 3 months and I'm at lmao2pl8 for reps. Problem is I'm a poorfag so I've been using planetfitness which has only Smith machines. I'm transferring to a new uni for 2 more years with free gym use and actual freeweights. I'm worried my stabilizer muscles aren't strong enough, will I have to restart?
2. I read somewhere that doing static holds for a longer will grow smaller muscles like calves and shoulders better, how accurate is this?
>>
I started lifting again after a long break, and I found the following PPL routine:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/ (inb4 reddit)
While I really enjoy it, I have the following questions:
1. Isn't the 6 sets of lateral raises on push day a bit excessive?
2. I really like shrugs and there seems to be a lack of trap exercises. Should I add shrugs to pull days?
3. On leg day, there is a choice between leg presses and front squats. Which one should I choose, knowing that my back is limiting me on my regular squats? Should I do front squats to strengthen my core, or should I do leg presses and add back extensions?
>>
>>42368470
yes but its the natty limit for most ppl

2 years+ depending on where you are now
>>
does anyone have a picture of Patrick from spongebob screaming 'AH AH AHHHH" or whatever i want to make a poster of it for my home gym
>>
is it even worth it to exercise (cardio, weights, etc) if you don't eat enough food to begin with? I eat less than my TDEE and BMR most of the time and stopped exercising altogether when I noticed this. If anything it would make me hungrier
>>
I've been trying to gain weight, and been eating eggs and bacon every day. But when I do I get jittery and shaky, and a little dizzy. What might this be? Some sort of sugar imbalance? What do I do to counter this?
>>
File: nair.png (129KB, 222x462px) Image search: [Google]
nair.png
129KB, 222x462px
Anyone used veet, nair or similar products? I am a hairy motherfucker (full body except back thankfully) and it takes me a very long time using clippers and even then I always miss areas and struggle to effectively manage the back of my thighs and my ass and there's always the occasional burn or nick - whats even more hilarious is trying to shave everything without wearing my glasses.
>having never used the creams before it seems they're available most commonly in 200ml quantities - is this enough for a whole body (minus head, back and funzone.)
>is it actually effective, my body hair is very thick and coarse and it's more like assaulting a briar patch then having a shave/trim
Recomendations, tips?
>>
Is Greek yogurt /fit/ approved? I'm looking for cheap and convenient sources of protein. I'm also looking at buying beans but idk where to start.
>>
When people say "I squat 2pl8" do they cunt the weight of the bar or just the plates?
>>
>>42371192

non-sugary yogurts are approved.

beans are shit. I like a few of them in my salad etc. but I wouldn't just eat a bowl of beans
>>
>>42371261

it is exactly two plates on the side of the bar.

20kg = one plate. squatting 2 plates is 40kg on the left side, 40kg on the right side and 20kg bar, so 100kg total weight
>>
any of you faggots can do 1 arm pullup? how did you get there
>>
>>42371288
What about nutrition-wise? Don't black beans + rice = complete protein or some shit.
>>
Just recently started lifting...Silly questions butCan you get DOMS in your butt? I have it on my hamstrings and quadriceps after trying to do squats and DL but no soreness in the butt
>>
>>42371349

Meat is the king, especially lean meat. Poultry is the most affordable. Other than that stick to eggs, yogurts (there are protein yogurts like Skyr/Arla in UK, look it up), nuts and isolated whey.

Complete protein is a meme. Just have a varied diet instead of eating boiled chicken 5 times a day.
>>
>>42371307
So if I squat 4pl8 I squat 180 kg?
>>
>>42371192
Beans are not great. Lentils and chickpeas have decent macros tho.
>>
How do you deal with a crowded gym? I recently switched gyms and the new place I go to is packed at 10pm! I can't superset as I usually do, and sometimes I don't even get to do the exercises I was planning. Today I didn't manage to do my fucking deadlifts.
>>
How to get rid of dark circles under eyesight? Not sure if its from staring at a screen most of the day or bad sleeping schedule but I have had them for years now and want to finally get rid of them
>>
>>42364928
Tie a rope around your bed and stick your feet under it
>>
Best way to take creatine? Also any good brands
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
Can someone please explain to me what's a hip drive?
>>
Is it ok to feel some level of soreness in the knees from squatting? I just did this for the first time today and I'm guessing its just new exercise soreness because I barely put any weight on the bar.
>>
So I've pretty much just started lifting and it's almost immediately started giving me pain around my (very) lower neck/upper back. I'm wondering if this is because the muscles there are in such poor shape from years of poor posture while sitting at a desk or I'm just fucking up on form. Pretty much happens after doing any exercise that requires you to hold a straight back (bent over rows, RDL, etc).
>>
>>42372480
I had this issue. 7-8 hours of solid sleep for a few weeks will fix it. Also you could try a facial lotion, or a serum just for that area. A company calles Jack Black, not the actor, makes one that worled well for me. But sleeping steadily for a few weeks is what I recommend most
>>
>>42372574
Anally.
>>
Should I avoid vegetables on ketosis?

I tried eating 3 cups of broccoli and that was 16g of fucking carbs.
wat
>>
>>42357503
Why is the masseter muscle extremely underrated?
>>
>>42358561

Great form of cardio, running from end to end.
It's more physical than it looks, when you set a screen you're basically shielding your teammate with your trunk.
If you're talking about delt involvement, it basically comes from the massively repeated motions of taking shots, going for a lay up/dunk, or attempting to block the ball, the latter offering decent resistance.
>>
Are many reps with "lighter" weight better than fewer reps with heavy weights for arms?
>>
>>42373002

It's called DOMS, and it's from your body not knowing what the fuck is going on when you're suddenly not using what muscle fibers you have to just lift up mountain dew cans and spank your monkey. Like many things that are hard on your body initially, weight lifting soreness should not be as severe the longer you do it. That is unless you got a really intense lift, but mostly it's just your body adjusting to intensive training. Suffer though it and you'll greatly benefit from making a habit out of lifting.
>>
>>42373221

If you're trying to grow muscle mass, you're going to want to go 5-8 reps while pushing heavy weight. If you want lean ottermode arms, you'll have more reps at lower weight.
>>
>>42373223
Ok, thanks. I thought it was probably something like that but figured I should find out if I'm actually just being a retard and going to make things a lot worse through poor form.

Not that I care because it 'hurts' but do you have any sort of ETA? Like if it's still this bad in a month should I be concerned.
>>
>>42373254
So same rules as bigger muscles?
>>
>>42373265

If you mean big muscles = intense heavy weight at low reps, yes.

More reps/lower weight = leaner, but more "compact" muscles.
>>
File: adonis fanny pack.jpg (67KB, 700x607px) Image search: [Google]
adonis fanny pack.jpg
67KB, 700x607px
How can I work this area out to have it more defined/pop out? already at a low bf% and they only show when im bloated
>>
>>42373302
No, I mean like quads and pecs and stuff.
For some reason I had the impression that arms benefit from low weight high reps.
I see some pretty big guys using only 25lbs on their curls
>>
>>42373264

You should feel it a lot less after 1-2 weeks. Also concentrating on form is highly important, so in that time get feedback, ask people who look like they lift at your gym if they think your from is good. You should especially consider your form when deadlifting, as that exercise with poor form can really fuck up your back. But that's not saying to lift that, I think deadlifts are the most crucial lift you can do, for any man, woman, or anybody who identifies as an attack helicopter.
>>
>>42373322

Yes, the rules apply universally for any muscle group you lift. If you're lifting heavy and feeling sore all the time it would be a good idea to let off the gas, but that would take some strong lifting.

About the guys who seem big(like fat or just have a lot of mass in general), unless they're seasoned lifters or just naturally strong, it's not unreasonable that most people go to the gym for the first few weeks in general would be lifting low weight. I was overweight but wasn't lifting heavy for a while when I first started lifting. I think these guys have a quicker weight up consistency though.
>>
>>42372961

How are you squatting? When squatting you should be putting most of the weight on your heel and driving your hips and heels up when you rise.
>>
Why do I feel so weak after a few pull ups? I can't do many, but after the third I just can't pull myself up anymore and have to do a little jump to get my head above the bar. I can take a little break and try again which is better than before when my arms were just fucked for the day, but I feel like I'm supposed to be doing more. How do I get better at doing Pull ups without losing all of my strength so soon?
>>
>>42373479

keep doing them until failure every day.
You'll put on reps by the end of the month.
Also maybe if your chest/biceps are feeling it especially hard from training this, you can alternated lifts to focus your chest/bicep growth through pull ups until you get better at them.

Some guys make that shit look easy, it's actually pretty fucking hard to get good at. Like most shit, you'll only get better by committing yourself to it.
>>
>>42371389
absolutely, try doing a more glute heavy exercise like http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/GluteusMaximus/BBRearLunge.html and I guarantee you'll get glute doms
>>
>>42373313
that area is called the iliac furrow and is get it's definition from of the obliques and the inguinal ligament. the only way to make it pop more is to grow the obliques, have low enough body fat, and good genetics
>>
>>42373664
>grow the obliques

how do I do this? i thought hanging leg raises, ab wheel and compounds were enough
>>
>>42373680
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/WaistWt.html#Obliques
generally speaking, twisting/side-leaning ab motions work obliques
>>
>>42373705
Thanks.
how come if I flex/push stomach out it suddendly becomes super visible?
>>
I'm currently eating 1500 calories and my main goal is too lose weight. Is it worth doing a bodyweight routine (all I have access too) along side this or is it pointless due to such a low calorie in take?
>>
>>42373877
i'm not a doctor but probably because you're pushing your obliques out
>>
>>42373880
unless you are very small that's probably too few calories. What's your TDEE and what's the difference between that and 1500? I'd recommend upping your calories (but below maintenance) and doing calisthenics and maybe some light cardio to lose weight
>>
>>42373892
alright, would one oblique isolation exercise be nough? I've heard/read how some like sidebends are bad for the spine
I was looking at that twisting one in a machine(get on knees and rotate torso)

would one oblique like that one be enough alongside compounds, hanging leg raises and ab wheel?
>>
File: Emmanuelle Béart.gif (2MB, 329x237px) Image search: [Google]
Emmanuelle Béart.gif
2MB, 329x237px
this natty?
>>
>>42373167
Is that counting fiber? Seems like it is
>>
>>42374020
If it is, don't count the fiber.
>>
>>42368598
Do you come up unevenly? I'd say it's OK, most people have some level of lateral muscular imbalance

You can try squatting with the safety bars set so you touch them at the bottom, that way you can see if you're lowering unevenly. Bit harder to check if you're coming up unevenly without a spotter though, a mirror can work
>>
File: 1259756291475.jpg (29KB, 366x440px) Image search: [Google]
1259756291475.jpg
29KB, 366x440px
>>42373892
>>
>>42373997
That women never seen a dumbbell in her life
>>
>>42369692
1. For your first session with free weights, I would start with just the bar and work the weight up until the bar slows down to establish your working weight. You can probably progress back up to what you were doing on the Smith faster than a true beginner.
2. Idk about static holds, but one thing I've heard about calves is that if you don't hold at the bottom your stretch reflex does most of the work, I do all of my calf raises paused.
>>
>>42371349
Beans are good and cheap, I just buy tins of four bean mix from the supermarket.
>>
File: 0.gif (867KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
867KB, 200x200px
>>42374114
Neither did you.
>>
>>42372961
It's OK, but pay attention and if it continues or gets worse you're probably either doing something wrong or have some kind of issue. Highbar and front squats put more pressure on the knee than lowbar.
>>
File: upper.jpg (46KB, 165x214px) Image search: [Google]
upper.jpg
46KB, 165x214px
anyone has the PDF?
I'm happy with my lower body, want to maintain it and also move from SS to upper/lower 3x week

is pic related simply a 3x week routine being it: Upper A x Lower x Upper B every single week?
>>
How much does bodyfat affect the way your lats appear from the front and from behind?
>>
Probably more of a blog post. But in may I almost had 1pl8 ohp, 250ib squat, and 290dl. But then I moved and shit happened and I'm finally settled and have a new gym. However I haven't worked out. Just became a fatass. I'm thinking of running SS to get back to where I was. Is that a good plan?
>>
>>42360424
mfp cal limits are shit
anything else is better
>>
>>42374208
Buy the book?
>>
>>42368624
Simple, you can't.
>>
File: 1501712583862.png (627KB, 904x604px) Image search: [Google]
1501712583862.png
627KB, 904x604px
How long do you think it would take to go from left to right on a 500 cal deficit? Can it be done in a month or two?
>>
I am on day 3 of ECA stack now. I usually take the stack at 3 hours before my workout usually at 1pm. I finish my workout and feel like absolute crap, like fever over 9000 degrees crap. Then I wake up in the morning and feel new like it was all a dream? Is this suppose to halppen? Very low doses to start btw
>>
File: fast_peep.png (26KB, 531x387px) Image search: [Google]
fast_peep.png
26KB, 531x387px
How do I fix bitchwrist-itis? (6 inch circumfrence wrists)
>>
I am transitioning to an intermediate routine, which is 5/3/1, but the accessory work is different.

How is this?

Day 1:
Shoulder Press (5/3/1)
Lat Raise 5x15
Bicep Curl 5x10

Day 2:
Deadlift (5/3/1)
Pull Up 5x15
Ab Rolling 5x20

Day 3:
Bench (5/3/1)
Bench Dumbell 5x15
Dumbell Rows 5x10

Day 4:
Squat (5/3/1)
Romanian Deadlift 5x10
Standing Calf Raise 5x15
>>
Anyone tried doing tons of pushups on chest days after bench? Like 200 spread across the day.

Does it help grow chest?
>>
>>42374620
Unless you're Canadian, legit ephedrine is very hard to get your hands on. Chances are you're consuming some kind of designer drug. Regardless, while ECA has been shown to be effective for fat loss, it does NOT make a night and day difference. If it makes you feel like shit it's really not worth it.

>>42375405
You don't.

>>42375438
Doesn't look completely retarded, but honestly I'd go with the suggested accessories instead. I get that you try to cram in curls and lateral raises, but Wendler would probably just say to pick a light weight and do 100 total reps in as little time as possible twice a week AFTER your real (compound) accessory work is done.

Also, pretty beastly to crank out 5x20 on the ab wheel, my man.

>>42375661
It works well, but it's better to spread out the volume across the week rather than just a single day.
Make sure you perform a shoulder-friendly push-up variation and stretch your pecs daily, so you don't run into problems.
>>
If I'm on a bulk and doing a PPL routine, can I do heavier weights and less reps on the legs than on the upper days? I'm finished a cut from skinny fat, and I'm reaching a low weight and will start bulking soon, but still carry a lot of fat in my butt area, and want to get my upper body bigger so I can cut the butt stuff off on the next cut
>>
>>42375405
Use a watch
>>
How do I get a bigger dick?
I'm 19. About to turn 20 in like 3 months.
I'm also short. Anything I can do to squeeze in some inches on my height?
>>
What shoes should I be wearing while working out?
Especially for squating and deadlifting.
>>
I have been cutting for almost 3 weeks but haven't lost a fucking pound. I'm 187cm and 74 kgs, and eat around 1500 calories a day. Also have been lifting for months, what the fuck is wrong here?
>>
File: cb.jpg (47KB, 533x960px) Image search: [Google]
cb.jpg
47KB, 533x960px
how strong should i be before switching to PPLx2? 1/2/3/4?

6' 150 lbs. right now. Thinking of staying on sean10mm's SS thru the year and re-assessing in Jan.
>>
>>42375866
No. All of those things are entirely genetic. Disregard anyone telling you otherwise: It is impossible to change and suggested methods to lengthen your penis such as whatever that pulling method or a pump could permanently damage your dick forever ruining your erection.

Height is possible to gain an inch or two during surgery but it's extremely dangerous, will more or less force you to stop lifting, and cost a shitton.

>>42375903
Something with a flat sole.

>>42375926
EAT LESS

COUNT CALORIES

USE SCALE
>>
How to increase appetite?
>>
File: 2017-07-16 167.4 front.png (871KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-16 167.4 front.png
871KB, 750x1000px
Can I get a BF% estimate? I've lost almost 50 pounds and I feel like I'm still a fatass...5'11" 167 lbs.
>>
>>42375952

17-19 id say
>>
>>42375938
I even skip meals man, and count calories. I eat 30 grams of oatmeal every morning, and I eat nothing until 7-8 pm , then eat something worth 700-800 calories and that's it.I think I look different than before, I used to look like a pear, but look more like an eggplant
>>
>>42375937
Why are you posing like a lil bitch? You look like a sorority girl flashing a camera
>>
>>42375960
That is a massively unhealthy way to eat anon. Plus that can't be more than 1000. I thought you said you were eating at 1500?
>>
File: 2013-04-14 205 pounds.png (3MB, 1104x1959px) Image search: [Google]
2013-04-14 205 pounds.png
3MB, 1104x1959px
>>42375957
goddamn. I feel like I've come so far. My plan was to hit 155 and turn around but my weight loss has plateaued around 167...

Out of curiosity what was at it in pic-related?
>>
>>42375964
I'm aware it's around 1000 but since I see no fucking difference, I add 500 in case I'm already eating too much. But not a fucking thing changed in 3 fucking weeks.
>>
>>42375962

gonna answer the ? or nah
>>
>>42375937
I dont want to hurt your feelings but man there is no need for a routine for you. You're over complicating it, I think. You're basically DYEL, which is fine, but your way out of DYEL is not some program you read about on the internet, it's working out hard every day doing everything you know how to do in the gym and then eating until you're sick every meal.

On 4chan people have nothing better to do than to commit narcissism of small differences and bitch over details but you've obviously not been lifting consistently and eating consistently for 1/2 year yet so just do that first and forget the program.
>>
>>42365435

But why
>>
>>42375964
Also I do HIIT on treadmill till my lungs and legs burn, and do 5 sets of every fucking thing and push myself to my limit.
>>
>>42375979

>25
>>
>>42375995
>>42375984
Anon. Chill. First off: you can't fucking progress on this crazy crash diet you're doing. You're just going to rebound and make everything worse. Second: Take 2 weeks to eat at maintenance and relax. I get you want to get the fat off, but your body reacts to your stress levels and can fuck with your metabolism.

Take a break, get your diet right, and go on a 500 calorie deficit. None of this 1000+ bullshit.
>>
Is soy protein any good compared to whey? Like, any major drawback? Because over here soy protein is cheap as fuck and I'm lactose intolerant so I can't take normal whey concentrate.

Also soy protein is disgusting as fuck what do you guys use for flavouring?
>>
>>42375996
how much more do you think I have to lose until 12%? And is a 750 deficit too much right now?

I should mention I work a job where I'm pretty constantly on my feet.
>>
>>42376011
I'll do as you say anon, thanks. I drink 3.5 to 4 liters (a gallon) of water everyday, is it bad?
>>
>>42376032
A little excessive maybe, but I see no issue with it.
>>
>>42376013
You'd think the difference was neglible, but I've seen a study where soy protein performed so poorly compared to whey that I honestly wouldn't bother. Eat more chicken or eggs instead, if you can't stomach whey.
>>
When calculating my tdee, should I use sedentary or lightly active when I am going to work by bike every day (only 3km)?
>>
>>42376254

Is it really that bad? I read that it was slightly worse that's all
>>
What is the difference between eating pumpkin seeds with the shell vs only eating the kernel?
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>42373313
>those abs
wtf is going on here?!
>>
>deadlift day, going for 1rm
>150kg
>pull
>could finish the lift
>grip too weak
>bar slips
>get straps
>cant even lift 130kg with straps (i can rep 130 easily without)
somehow when i use straps i dont get it off the floor. somehow they fuck up my setup

how do i progress now? im apparently too stupid for straps
>>
>>42357503
Anyone here on the /fit/ from the US and wanna partake in a rigorous exercise program involving one exercise and two people?
>>
File: 1462588015270s.jpg (7KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1462588015270s.jpg
7KB, 250x200px
when you guys say 1/2/3/4/5
you're talking about repping R-RIGHT ?
>>
>>42375991

...This is obviously a post about planning for the future

You're telling me to lift and eat consistently for half a year when this:

>Thinking of staying on sean10mm's SS thru the year and re-assessing in Jan.

is clearly in the post.

>there is no need for a routine for you

Your advice is to just gym clown? Bro idt you know wtf you're talking about.

I'm not talking about going on PPL tomorrow dude I'm talking about months from now.
>>
>>42376678
Probably because you have to get down to put the straps on, when you're used to starting from standing (maybe consciously bracing and engaging lats when standing?). It's definitely harder to set up well when you're already low down, if you can't work it out just use chalk instead.
>>
>>42363096

Help pls ;_;
>>
If I want to test anavar, what else can I do beside labmax? Can I send it to an actual lab for testing? Any recommendations?
>>
How do I burn visceral fat?
>>
Why does it feel like a muscle or tendon in my elbow is getting strung like a guitar string every time i am coming down a rep on OHP. It sometimes happens on dips too, really pissing me off. When it happens on dips sometimes it will give pins and needles.
>>
I have a 10kg barbell, would getting a 20kg one make a difference in my lifts? except maybe the additional 10kg.
Thread posts: 306
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.