[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Calisthenics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Currently doing the Texas Method program but tweaked it to fit my needs. Anyway I'm a lot stronger but I want to switch to a calisthenics program to train for Army basic training.
Can anyone give me a starting program to work off of or anything?
>my dream is to be in sf so I'm trying to max my pt score and just be good at everything in general
>>
run
crossfit
swim
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 594x397px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 594x397px
>>42356638
Yeah. Just do pushies and sitties dude. You're going to lose a shitload of strength and muscle mass in basic and AIT. Besides. If your cardio is good you'll be fine. SF is all mental just don't be a pussy. Pic related it's me.
>>
Couch to 5k is a good start. Use cycling or rowing or stairmaster if you start getting shin splints. I'd add 5xgassed pushups and situps to get used to the movement pattern. Also increase your focus on pullups and treat them like a compound lift.

Do not do dumb stuff like jog on a treadmill with weights. To prep for carrying heavy weight, carrying heavy, slow and short is key. Example: You might add farmers walks for 50 yard intervals or holding two racked kettlebells and walk for intervals. Do prehap like high volume leg extensions and high volume light lunges. Do this because you want to ensure that the texas method doesn't get your lateral quads so strong that your medial quads lag and you develop patellar tracking problems. Realizing your patellar tendon isn't tracking while wearing 70lbs of gear marching down hill is a bad time to learn of a muscle imbalance.
>>
>>42356638
Biggest thing is running. Rucking/backpacking is also good but just don't go too hard and get stress fractures.
>>
Get your running on point. To max your score on the army fitness test you need to run a little over a mile a minute for 2 miles (13 minutes is 100). This is the catching point for a lot of people trying to hit break points on our fitness test. (Passing, breaking 90, breaking 100, it's always the running that winds up killing people.

For push ups and situps, just do a fuckton every day. Commercial comes on tv? 20 push ups right there. Standing around with your hands jn your pocket? Slide your feet under something and crank out some situps. If you're awkward about it, you better learn not to be, nobody worthwhile is gonna judge you for trying to get in good shape.

Lastly, make sure your form on the push ups and sit ups are good. A lot of people count for effort, but you don't want to get nailed up for not breaking 90 because you get the guy who does your test by the book.
>>
>>42357946
What is the quad imbalance you are talking about?

Also my version on the T Method is more upper focused I just use the template because it's been leading to hella gains for me
>>
>>42356638

The army pt test is a joke, if you are doing TM you are probably already way ahead of most of your mates in basic
>>
>>42358580
>To max your score on the army fitness test you need to run a little over a mile a minute for 2 miles
>a mile a minute
>run at 60mph
Wut
>>
>>42356638
>Joining the army
Fag
Every country's Marine Corps is at least 3x as impressive as their army.
>>
>>42356638
>max pt test
simple. For the runs do 30/60's and 60/120's. that is sprint/walk. You'll be doing them at sand hill

Pushups and situps are..... pushups and situps. I like benching/dips and cable crunches to break up the mediocrity.

You'll likely lose gains at OSUT if you actually go.

SF selection is different. Generally though, be able to ruck far distances with a heavy pack and be able to ace your pt test.

Everyone will be smoked at selection. Big guys who squat a ton of weight will fall out. It's designed to break EVERYONE down physically.

If you go 18x you don't know shit about the Army. It will be what you think are inconsequential things that will make you fail. If you go 18x you better know how to do land nav like a king. You better know how to take care of your feet when rucking. You better know how to assume a leadership role among guys who probably have seen and done way more than you.

If you're in the marginal percentage of x rays that get selected you still have to deal with the q course. You will have no background in a standard line infantry unit so many x rays wash out during the Q.

Hey, occasionally a x ray will make it through though. Just have reasonable expectation and don't kys when you fail.

Good luck sweetie
>>
File: 1405231437651.jpg (207KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1405231437651.jpg
207KB, 1280x853px
>>42356638
First and foremost, if your dream is SF, do NOT sign an 18x contract that is a scheme to get young dumb kids to join. Get yourself an 11x option 40, or a 68w if you have an interest in medical. The best way to get into SF is with combat experience in the regiment.

Max out your PT. You should arrive to basic scoring at least a 270. Pushups, situps, and run in that order. I would ditch the weightlifting altogether and get over to the BWG threads. I would add pullups, planks, BW squats to your routine.

If SF is really your goal order this book: https://www.amazon.com/Get-Selected-Special-Forces-Successfully/dp/0975355279

One other piece of advice, get used to wearing boots all day 'erday. Pick up a pair of cheap issue boots form your local Army/Navy, and try to wear them throughout the day. For 1 thing you will get comfortable with heavy ass boots on your feet compared to sneakers. Secondly, you will learn how boots "work with" your feet, Where do you get hotspots and blisters....

Don't do ruck marches on your own, you'll end up hurting yourself and pushing back your ship date.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.