[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nose under the knife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: th.jpg (6KB, 246x166px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
6KB, 246x166px
So I have "severely" deviated septum in which the left side is completely pushed closed and the right has excess tissue from some other bullshit making it a narrow airway. The Doc is going to repair the septum, clear out any tissue in the way of the airway, and get me breathing again. The first five days after the surgery I will have splints in my nose which will be removed and the sinuses cleaned out in an office visit.

The Dr. claims 2 weeks and I can go right back to lifting. Has anyone had this done? Recovery time? How was the pain? I've had an umbilical hernia repaired before but I'm kind of worried about this one.
>>
I know a girl who had this done. She was told to stay away from the gym for five weeks
>>
I have the same thing with my nose. Sometimes when it gets bad, my left nostril would whistle
>>
>>42347711
I had a nose job when I was 8 and went to football practice later that night.
>>
>>42347728
>five weeks
Fuck man I feel like I've really been on a roll lately. I'm seeing some great results but die to work I can't schedule this at any other time.

>>42347755
Well who else was going to suck the coaches dick
>>
>>42347711
I did this but with broken nose addition and before I started going to the gym. It's going to suck ass the week after surgery where you really can't breathe through your nose. Lot's of bleeding and pain. Pain is tolerable--you'll probably get some hydrocodone if not something similar to deal with it.
>>
>>42347711
watch out op https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empty_nose_syndrome
>>
>>42347857
Thanks I needed more stuff to worry about
>>
File: o4tbbh7pzD1r4gq00o1_1280.jpg (40KB, 576x521px) Image search: [Google]
o4tbbh7pzD1r4gq00o1_1280.jpg
40KB, 576x521px
>used to be abused
>used to be bullied also
>become teenager, discover drugs and alcohol, and rebellion
>get into fights constantly
>ff to 18 yo, getting my shit together-ish
>beak like nose, but whatevs, not like i'd ever get a gf
>home city is at 5200 ft altitude
>trip to the beach
>ears pop while traveling
>unlike always, this time the pressure won't go away
>gets worse as we get closer to sea level
>by the time we get there i'm deaf on one side, and barely listen on the other
>get some anti inflammatory ear drops because fuck it
>people had to yell at me to get my attention, and apparently i almost screamed while talking at what i assumed was normal volume
>get back, get a head scan
>apparently broke/twisted my nose and nose bits no many times that my eustachian tubes are all fucked up

recovery isn't painful per se, but it's uncomfortable as fuck. you get these tubes draining blood, clots, mucus and pus into a gauze taped right over your upper lip, making it wet, cold and sticky, you get this awful taste in the back of your throat from time to time, can't blow yer nose, can't sneeze, you have to sleep semi sitting, no touching, etc.
when the doc rips out the tubes and shit (they go DEEP) you get this painful relief that borders on masochism. first time blowing that bitch is orgasmic. fun stuff. 27 yo now, was supposed to get a follow up surgery for aesthetics but fuck that noise.
that taught me to stay out of fights
have fun and keep us posted!

my recovery time was like 3 or so weeks, but i was told its not usually as traumatic as mine was

>yfw
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.