[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 25 and have been smoking these things for about 10 years,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Cigarettes.jpg (45KB, 1000x573px) Image search: [Google]
Cigarettes.jpg
45KB, 1000x573px
I'm 25 and have been smoking these things for about 10 years, any tips to stop? 3 days in cold turkey, pretty hell rn.
>>
>>42346444
Stop.
>>
>>42346444
Remind yourself why you stopped. Think of the shame that follows the next cigarette because you couldn't control yourself. Every day without them becomes a better day. That money you always found to buy your packs and cartons? Put it in savings or invest it -- then the money isn't available to you anymore. Breathe deeply every time you think of picking another one up, and you'll feel why you won't do it ever again.

t. 4 years smoke-free
>>
>>42346444
Replace it with a hard drug like Fentanyl
>>
>>42346444

dude give it two weeks and you'll feel so good that you won't want to go back
>>
>>42346444
Just don't be a bitch and don't smoke anymore.
>>
>>42346475
thanks

>>42346490
you're right I went out yesterday walking to the gym and the smell of the grass and shit was pretty unreal, can't imagine what it would be like if I stop for like a year

>>42346501
I do have like 90 tabs of LSD left that I take occasionally and sometimes I smoke weed but not often because it makes me unmotivated

>>42346523
ok
>>
>>42346444

I'm 26 and quit smoking 2.5 years ago. I smoked from ages 18 to 24. I tried quitting dozens of times and failed dozens of times. What finally worked was Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking.

It's GOAT. Follow it to a T. I'll be honest, it worked on my 3rd try, but even the first 2 times I had much better success quitting than I had had before. Don't let that discourage you, most people succeed after the first try, I'm just an idiot. And even then I still succeeded. It actually makes you enjoy the process of quitting. It makes you feel as though you are not making a sacrifice by quitting. I strongly suggest it. Like I said I haven't smoked or touched tobacco for over 2.5 years and I've had MANY MANY opportunities to do so given the fact that all of my friends are smokers.

It changes your perspective on smoking.
>>
>>42347403
By the way I'm referring to his book.

Read it within a week for maximum effect. If you stretch it out too long or read it too quickly you wont absorb it correctly. By the time you reach the end you'll be excited to quit.
>>
I smoked for 6 years before I quit and the only thing that worked was just doing it cold turkey.
>>
>>42346444
my thing was to drink cold sparkling water or water in general.
you've done the hardest part bro hold in there
>>
>>42346444
Distract yourself as you reach for a cig. Drink a big glass of cold water, chew some gum, do 20 pushup, whatever. The first 2 weeks are the hardest. Talk to your doctor, maybe take some champex or nicotine replacement therapy.

And know above all that you're gonna make it
>>
>>42347403
>Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking
This method works.

He died from lung cancer due to secondhand smoke because he let his clients smoke in his office during sessions.
>>
>>42346444
The worst period are the first 2 weeks. Good luck mate
>>
>>42346444
Gum actually works, helped me quit cold after 18 years
>>
just dont hang around anyone who smokes for 2 weeks and you'll be good
>>
>Stop smoking because cardio sucks
>start dipping
>gums start to recede
>start vaping
>literally look like a faggot and its expensive, also cardio starts to suck again
>start chewing gum
>gums start to recede even further

>at one point I'm juggling all of the above

>start chantix
>lucid dreams pretty cool and main side effect once or twice I threaten to hurt someone after taking for 6 months
>stop

>back to chewing occasionally

Chantix is the only thing that helped me stop aside from substituting. A life saver.
>>
>>42346444
i quit cold turkey, remember after 6 days the addiction is strictly psychological, your body doesn't "need it" anymore.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.