[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Swimming tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
Hey /fit/ trying to pass a endurance swim. I need to get 400 metres in 10 mins. Any advice? First trial was today and my time was 10 mins and 58 seconds.
>>
Ask an experienced swimmer to watch you swim a lap and give you tips. Technique is king.

Do you do tumble turns? That will save you a couple of seconds on each turn.

Apart from that just keep swimming regular;y and do some intervals
>>
>>42345382
are you new at swimming?
>>
>>42345548
No ive done stuff like this before
>>
>>42345526
this. I'm a swim coach and personal coaching is mandatory for swimmers at *any* level. get comfortable with you stroke so you can do it in your sleep, then ask for advice. in swimming, habits are easier to fix than making brand new muscle patterns. this should be your cycle: practice until technique is thoughtless, then fix it, repeat.
>>
>>42345382
400 meters in 10 min?

Dude that is a piece of cake. Just dont swim like your life depended on it at the first few laps and you will be fine.
>>
As other anons mentioned, you need to work on your technique so it is fluid and efficient. You need to learn to breathe properly and pace yourself. Your strokes should not be too fast; they should follow proper form and be somewhat long and relaxed.

Stretch your arms out forward with your stroke and try to catch as much water as you can so you push yourself forward as much as possible with each pull. Your arms should go close to your body and focus on propelling yourself forward. Make sure your elbows come out of the water first as you reset your stroke. When you breathe - and you should be breathing every 2 or 3 strokes otherwise you'll tire - try not to move your head too much so that you don't create more resistance and slow down as a result. Best to watch a youtube video with instructions desu,
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.