[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Front Squats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1459337767129.jpg (124KB, 766x794px) Image search: [Google]
1459337767129.jpg
124KB, 766x794px
If you aren't competing is there even ONE single reason not to entirely replace back squats with front squats?
I fucking hate back squats
>>
>>42340898
>I fucking hate back squats

Theres your reason.
"WAAAH ITS TOO HAAAAARD" is not a valid reason to replace a great exercise with an inferior one.

Yes, front squats are also really good, but they will not give you the gains that back squats do.

Don't be a nulifter little bitchboi front squatting sub 2pl8 thinking you look cool.
Front squats are an assistance to back squats.
Stop being mentally weak.
>>
>>42340955
>but they will not give you the gains that back squats do
Why should I give a shit?
>>
>>42340990

You don't have to.
Your loss buddy. I suppose you get to avoid another challenging thing in life.
Fear of failure is a bitch huh?
>>
Front squats are more sustainable, and if you want to look good and not look like a fat shit, you should do them
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 870x986px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 870x986px
>>42340898
>>
>>42341004
There's 0 reason to focus lower body as a male, as long as it's proportional who gives a shit.
I apologise for not being an obese powerlifter
>>
these back squat shills are the fucking worst

I switched to atg front squats and never looked back. My quads are huge and ass is joocy. Make sure to add a hamstring workout to balance things out. Diddys aren't enough
>>
>>42340955
>muh gains
>caring about your ass and legs looking a bit less big

fag spotted
>>
Front squats >>> Back squats
Dumbells/incline >>> Barbell flat bench
Chinups/rows >>> Deadlifts

the truth
>>
>>42341053
Snatch-grip deadlift >>> Wide-grip rows >>> Chinups/rows >>> Deadlifts
This is the real back-pill
>>
>>42341053
A fellow enlightened anon. What's gucci my dude?

Also, front squats + RDLs is pretty much all you need for leg gains. Feel free to add some accesories though
>>
>>42341039
Russian curls muh friend
>>
>>42341053
>Front squats >>> Back squats
I don't disagree

>Dumbells/incline >>> Barbell flat bench
Eh, sure

>Chinups/rows >>> Deadlifts
Nah, nigga
>>
>165lbs. skinnyfat weakling
>One day tried correcting my squat form (back squat 120lbs.) and ever since I've had a sharp pain in my hip whenever I back squat even just the bar
>no pain at all when I try it with kettlebells

Should I switch to front squat? I have very long femurs and tibias; I think that's why I had so much trouble back squatting while keeping my chest up and the bar path in the middle of my feet. It feels a lot better when the weight is in front of me rather than behind me.

Is front squat better for people with my build, or am I just shit at back squatting and need.more practice?
>>
All I do for legs is trap bar deadlifts, split squats, and calf raises.
>>
>>42341142
this anon knows. I add in some sprints/hill sprints too.
>>
>>42341139
You need more practice. Bone structure is a bad excuse.
>>
>>42341249
Tbh it could be true (probably not, since he is weak)
>>
I hate you people so much. You're all weak, and probably cant even FS 255. Losers.

Meanwhile, i backsquat and front squat 3 times a week. WEAK LOSERS
>>
>>42341249
So then can you explain why I can squat with perfect form and no hip pain when holding a 45lbs. kettlebell close to my chest, but when I have the bar on my back I feel a sharp pain at the bottom of my squat?
>>
>>42341283
Hello SLfag, have you finished your milk for the day yet?
>>
File: 1500937872574.jpg (39KB, 477x479px) Image search: [Google]
1500937872574.jpg
39KB, 477x479px
>>42341283
>>
File: SS t-rex mode.jpg (47KB, 500x657px) Image search: [Google]
SS t-rex mode.jpg
47KB, 500x657px
>>42341283
Enjoy your T-rex gains
>>
>>42340898
It's pretty hard to get intensity in the legs when you need so much core power, also I can't do the thing where the arms are symmetrical above the bar so I have to cross them in front of the chest and then often the barbell begins to slip on heavy sets.
But they are cool because they work your abs and enforce good technique.
>>
>>42341283
I recently FS 265 x 5 as a 185 lbs skellt

U mad fatty?
>>
>>42340898
Front squats+RDLs.
You'll lose some potential gains, sure, but greatly reduce the spinal compression and still get pretty good gains.
But if you aren't even FSing your bodyweight, I'll slap your shit. It's lighter than back squats, but it's not a 'light' exercise by any standard.
>>
>>42341139
Break at your knees first, that should fix your issue. Also do a toddler squat for a minute or two immediately before you warm up.
>>
>>42341135
This also my evaluation.
>>
>>42341053
>Front squats >>> Back squats
Not if you are going for power. But it's good to do both.

>Dumbells/incline >>> Barbell flat bench
Definitely not for strength. For aesthetics, ya.

>Chinups/rows >>> Deadlifts
All good exercises, the former definitely can't replace the latter though. Not early the same stress for your CNS.
>>
Back squats hurt my shoulders for some reason. When I grip the bar it feels like I'm really stretching my shoulders past the point that they want to be stretched and it makes them hurt
>>
>>42343658
Sounds like you're using your arms while you are squatting. Unless your shoulder flexibility is beyond miserable, you shouldn't be experiencing any shoulder pain in a normal squat.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.