[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 42

File: 1493401191323.jpg (122KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1493401191323.jpg
122KB, 999x624px
old one is near 300.

Whats the best way to add mass to triceps? My tris look sad.
>>
Is shrimp the best meat that you can eat for cutting/protein intake? Will something happen if i just eat shrimps and eggs for 1 month straight?
>>
>>42339397
>Whats the best way to add mass to triceps?
Same as with any other muscle group: keep getting stronger within a moderate rep range.
Best exercises are dips and close grip presses. These exercises allow you to use the most total weight, which means it's easier to keep making progress. Increase your 10RM in the close-grip bench press from 70kg to 90kg for example and your triceps will be bigger.
You can supplement with isolation exercises such as skullcrushers.
>>
What do I eat to have the highest amount of natural testosterone possible?
>>
I used to be very fat ( 450 lbs) and decided to do the stomach surgery ( I regret this decision too ).

Now I am at 180 lbs and don't know what to do , my body looks 100% weird , mostly because I have no muscles ( skinny fat ).

Should I start bulking hard or just eat at maintenance?

I am 6'2
>>
Why does every successful bodybuilder have back/joint problems? Is there literally no way to get big without fucking yourself up badly?
>>
File: DEKscrzXgAAO194.jpg (197KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
DEKscrzXgAAO194.jpg
197KB, 1920x1280px
What do I use to look as close as possible to that?
>>
>>42339606
Certain roids are "dry" and tend to damage your joints overtime
>>
>>42339606
I'm not sure that they do, but realize that there's a massive difference between training for good health and training for maximum performance or muscle mass. Basically if you try to take it to the limit, you usually end up finding your limits.

If you're 22 years old you won't understand, but as someone who's been lifting for 9 years now, I can tell you that my #1 focus is avoiding injury and unnecessary wear and tear, because those things are what mainly mess up progress.
That means I never try to do as much volume as I can. I don't lift weights 6 times a week. I don't try to max out all the time. I try to train my body in a balanced fashion.

Sadly, the most effective exercises - namely the big barbell lifts - are also the exercises that will fuck you up the most over the years. I use a football bar for my bench pressing and try not to do too much of it, while I use more joint-friendly alternatives to accumulate some volume e.g. ring push-ups.

John Meadows is known for creating safe, for lack of a better word, bodybuilding programs. John Rusin has adopted many of his principles and try to sell his programs to a less hardcore audience. So that might be a place to start.

My best advice is to not neglect any part of your body. That means make sure to train your abs and glutes for example. Don't let anything become extremely tight. And don't fucking lift every day. Is this the fastest way to get big and strong? No. But it'll keep you going for longer.
>>
>>42339712
> 22 years old
hey, I'm totally not 22 years old, where'd you pull that number from
>>
If you don't lift for about a week and lose weight, is that fat or muscle? Basically whoch od the two do you lose.
>>
>>42339641
eat clen and tren hard

how yoel got it was by winning olympic wrestling medals
>>
>>42339758
if you lose weight its gonna be a bit of both. really depends how much of a deficit you're on.
>>
What is the best dumbbell-only plan? I can work out every single day so I was thinking some kind of PPL routine.
>>
I went on vacation for a week and ate a LOT of fatty foods, but when I came back I didnt gain or lose any weight. Is this because I lost a lot of muscle?
>>
>>42339806
just go to the gym and see if you're weaker. nobody here can really say
>>
File: 1455104428993.png (939KB, 598x596px) Image search: [Google]
1455104428993.png
939KB, 598x596px
>>42339420
you can do that.
>>42339505
venison you killed yourself.
>>42339534
maintenance for while.
>>42339606
overuse.
>>42339758
muscle is hard to lose, your body will prioritize just about everything else first. its probably not fat or muscle tho its prob water.
>>42339806
prob increased TDEE. plus to gain weight you have to eat a lot consistently, a few days of heavy eating wont be all absorbed as fat instantly.
>>
>>42339534
unless you're at a low body fat level (it sounds like you still have to lose) you should continue to lose weight. Lift while you do.

>>42339420
Shrimp I'm p sure has mercury in it so you should be wary of how much you ingest. That said I think it's on the lower end of things so you should be allowed like 3-5x more than tuna or otherwise.
>>
Is cardio before workout a huge no-no?
Since I have a new gym membership, I can now (as usually) cycle to work (7-8km, gets me pretty warmed up, since its slight uphill), hit the gym, take a shower and go to work...
>Will I fuck up my muscle gains with cardio before weightlifting?
>>
I have pain on the left side of my bellybutton when I'm doing one arm pulldowns with my left arm. I'm at the gym right now, should I stop doing this? What's causing this? When I do it with the right arm there's no pain.
>>
I lifted today since I didn't on thursday, making up for that. I have a night shft tonight, are my gains wasted if I can only sleep tomorrow morning?
>>
File: calfanatomy.jpg (341KB, 1378x1402px) Image search: [Google]
calfanatomy.jpg
341KB, 1378x1402px
So, I have had this reoccuring issue that has come and go for a couple years now (I think earliest occurence was circa 2012) and I've had it checked out then at the hospital and they thought it could be a pulmonary embolism (not sure why), anyway they ran a bunch of tests and found that it wasn't that, but gave me a cream for the itch I guess that did jack shit really, but eventually it passed.
It relapses for a couple weeks, then goes away for months at a time. I really forget about it sometimes.
A few days ago it started again, here are the symptoms I feel :
>incredible itchiness in the areas (see pictures)
>as a result scratch, area swells and becomes painful (more details in pics)
>white dots with red patches around develop
>eventually leave it alone for fear of tearing skin and bleeding
>it subsides within a couple hours to a day depending on the depth of swelling
>sometimes the areas are so inflamed it hurts to apply pressure by walking on the foot.
>there never was a lump/bump in the areas except from general couple mms bloating from swelling.

So I did some research, found out an anatomical depiction of the area, and associated the issue to the mid-portion of the calf where is the junction of calf muscle and achilles tendon (see pic related), and so far I've exclused these :

>achilles tendonitis: I have no lump or bump to suggest this is tendonities, and can easily support myself on the concerned foot/feet.
>tenosynovitis : though it does happen to other parts of my body somewhat frequently (fingers, wrist and elbows only), it doesn't look or feel like it is displaced to me, though I could be wrong.
>rupture (?) : If it was the case, I couldn't walk

I think tendinosis sounds like what I have, but I really need a second unbiased opinion. Here's what leads me to believe that this is it.
>"Symptoms can vary from an ache or pain and stiffness to the local area of the tendon, or a burning that surrounds the whole joint around the affected tendon."
cont
>>
>>42340535
and continued...

>"the tendon and joint area can become stiffer the following day as swelling impinges on the movement of the tendon."
Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tendinosis#Diagnosis

The pictures are here, please disregard my dirty feet, pls no bully : https://imgur.com/a/wP4mp
>>
File: 1469486500576.jpg (60KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1469486500576.jpg
60KB, 500x411px
I feel a dull pain in my knees for a few moments and then it goes away, this has been reoccurring for the two weeks I've started lifting.
Anything to worry about?
>>
Can I build just as much stamina doing swimming HIIT vs regular swimming?
>>
Rate my routine (cutting currently)

A:
Bench press 2x5, 1x5+
Deadlift 1x5+
Cable row 3x8-12
Chinups 3xAMRAP

B:
OHP 2x5, 1x5+
Deadlift 1x5+
Weighted chinups 2x5, 1x5+
Chinups 3xAMRAP

With two sets of planks after each workout
>>
File: xd.png (40KB, 669x481px) Image search: [Google]
xd.png
40KB, 669x481px
Which 1RM calculator is more reliable?
symmetricstrenght or exrx

they're pretty far apart
>>
>>42340535
>>42340548
SHIT FUCK SHIT I did some more research and I figured out that the doctors might actually have been right to suspect that I had a pulmonary embolism, because god damn :
>suggested image in research for "tendonitis calf pain" looks very similar to what I have, click on it
>it's actually an article on how to differentiate between tendonitis and DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis).
>The latter looks actually like a version of what I have (except mine is milder, and it's been going on for years on and off?)
>look up DVT
>it can lead to pulmonary embolism
>it all makes sense now

I gotta get some blood thinners to get these clots out of my legs veins, and if it doesn't get better I gotta have some Pta clot injections for complete removal. They actually found the cure in 2008. Thank god for being born in this era.
However, the Pta clot injection procedure sounds really awful. I'll do it anyway before I lose my fucking legs like some people do.
Hope this helps anyone that has a similar problem...
>>
>>42339420
everything in moderation, anon
>>
File: IMG_20170731_184134.jpg (3MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170731_184134.jpg
3MB, 2336x4160px
How do I fix this ? Any exercises for the jaw ?
>>
Should I just not eat white rice anymore if I'm trying to cut? It's hard since I grew up eating white rice with everything.
>>
>>42341519
It's bone structure not muscle. You can increase the size of your massesters by chewing gum consistently. I suggest you read up on Dr. Mike Mew's work. If you're done growing, you're not going to see any results really. Go to lookism(dot)net
>>
Does getting a pump actually make your muscles appear larger? Or do they just feel that way
>>
>>42341655
Thanks, will do
>>
>>42341655
>Go to lookism
That is not good advice for anyone
>>
>>42341664
There's more blood in them so yea there bigger
>>
>>42341685
What should I do then ?
>>
>>42340437
no you will prob be tired tho.
>>42340999
do both. do cardio for distance at sustain speed then at HIIT.
>>
>>42341558
You can keep eating white rice as long as you stay below your maintenance calories.
>>
>>42341826
Do try chewing hard stuff (IE mastic gum), look up Mike Mew and try that, and grow a beard if you can. Also obviously plastic surgery is an option. That is as far as you'll get from lookism as constructive criticism goes, but with that they'll also tell you to kill yourself because you're not a 9/10 male model.
>>
>>42341911
Thanks ! I am looking into it
>>
Guys, how do I deal with dark circles under my eyes? I get atleast 8 hours of sleep every night, maybe it's just my genetics?
>>
>>42342010
You can't, unless you're really sleep deprived it's just a body fat/bone structure issue
get used to looking like a creep no matter what for the rest of your life, welcome
>>
Are bodyweight routines a meme or do they actually work? I've not lifted for a year and I'm in a position where bodyweight is all I have available. Are there any proven routines? How slow is the progress compared to a routine with many compound lifts?
>>
Help me fit. I hit plateau at bench press (lmao1pl8) because my wrists hurt and bend as they are about to snap. I looked for different ways to position my wrists but it doesnt feel right. What do
>>
>>42342360
Start over with proper form
>>
>>42341338
Are you trying to be a powerlifter or are you trying to be aesthetic?
>>
Could anyone tell me if i'm going about this the right way?

I'm 6ft and 60kg, I've worked out my TDEE is 2200 but I want to bulk so I'm going to be eating between 2700 and 3000.

Going to start going to the gym for the first time ever once I move back to college, so until then I'm just going to eat at my maintenance so I don't just gain fat

My plan is to do starting strength for about one month so I can work on form and get used to the exercises and then more onto a program more suited for aesthetic once I feel comfortable/confident to do so.

if anyone has any advice for me that would be great
>>
>>42342348
Bodyweight exercises absolutely "work". They're every bit as effective as lifting weights. The problem with bodyweight exercises however, is that while you can make progress on a barbell lift by simply slapping on an extra pair of plates, to make progress on a bodyweight exercise you'll soon have to learn a more difficult variation of the exercise.
Progressive overload is the one fundamental principle you cannot violate if you want results. And since it's easier or at least simpler to progress barbell lifts, that automatically becomes the best option. But that doesn't mean that bodyweight exercises don't work. They do.

>>42342360
Make sure the barbell rests directly above your forearms and not behind them.

>>42342537
Sounds like a great plan.
>>
>>42342543
thanks anon, just seen so much conflicting information i've been overthinking what to do
>>
>>42342348
depends on your goals
if they're your only option I would definitely do it
>>
I want to squat low bar, but everything hurts when I do. My shoulders hurt, my elbows hurt, my triceps hurt, my wrists hurt.

wat do
>>
>>42339397
any of you know a way to download entire youtube playlists? I dont mind the lower quality since it's just for when I lift
I usually CD's or torrent but some shit just isnt available
>>
Is this a solid full body workout to do 3x a week? goal is to lose weight while building some beginner muscle. I've been alternating this routine and a cardio workout 6 days a week with 1 rest day for 2 months now and have been losing weight steadily.

>Leg press 3x10
>Lying leg curl 3x10
>Lat pulldown 3x10
>chest press 3x10
>rowing 3x10
>shoulder press 3x10
>tricep dip 3x10
>bicep curl 3x10
>ab crunch 3x10
>>
I'm busy on weekdays running and shit. If i only lift on weekends can I still gain muscle?
>>
>>42343306
no, follow one of the popular programs
>>
>>42343467
link? I don't like to use free weights because I'm new and have shit form and don't want to get injured. I've been using machines exclusively until I build strength.
>>
>>42343481
read the sticky
>>
>>42343481
doing more weight on machines won't magically give you good form with free weights.
read the sticky
>>
>>42343500
>>42343586
fuck I feel like a dumbass who just wasted weeks of time doing shit lifts...thanks guys
>>
Is there some kind of magic ass dressing out there that won't add too many carbs to a salad? Could I put whey in it?
>>
>>42343680
The only reasons for eating salad are vitamin K and nitrates.
>>
>>42343671
We all wasted time in the beginning, it's part of learning.
every day is a struggle, try always to learn and become incrementally better every day, no point in dwelling in the past

read the starting strenght pdf for some technical knowledge, look up guides on the barbell lifts, alan thrall, canditohq, omarisuf, scooby all have good how-to guides.
work on your mobility: mainly squatting, standing pike, hip/adductors, pec major/minor and overhead mobility aka shoulders and lats
>>
File: dayonaplate.jpg (72KB, 600x608px) Image search: [Google]
dayonaplate.jpg
72KB, 600x608px
Visiting Germany soon. Where to buy good food and what is good food in Germany?
>>
>>42343671
better than being an autist that overthinks the whole process and never actually begins.
>>
>>42343844
stay in africa
>>
>>42343866
>stay in africa
I can't. Need to do some work for the Germans.
>>
>>42343844
find an italian grocery store.
german food is utter trash
>>
My shoulders are sore when i move them up and back. I can't tell if it's muscle pain of if I'm grindng my rotator cuff to dust.

They don't hurt when I'm lifting though, and I'm watching my form closely on shoulder exercises. Could it just be a slight strain?
>>
>>42339420
Both have very high amounts of dietary cholesterol, I think 3 oz of shrimp is 66% recommended DV and 3 whole eggs will put you over. They'll be fine to eat up to an extent, you don't want to be eating 500% of your RDV dietary cholesterol daily. Salmon/tilapia is probably the best meat, maybe chicken
>inb4 muh dietary cholesterol doesn't effect blood cholesterol levels
post sources
>>
Should I replace my Upper/Lower split with German Body Composition?
>>
>>42343150
Mobility work
>>
File: Cholesterol.png (53KB, 671x198px) Image search: [Google]
Cholesterol.png
53KB, 671x198px
>>42344004
>>
File: cholsources.png (32KB, 662x122px) Image search: [Google]
cholsources.png
32KB, 662x122px
>>42344101
>>
Is PPL considered bodybuilding, powerlifting, or olympic? This is assuming you can't just call it PPL. What is it closest to?
>>
>>42343926
Got a name?
>>
How do I stop my hips from shooting up on my deadlift?
>>
>>42344297
My focus is to tuck my chin as part of bracing my core and to visualize pushing my hips forward while squeezing the glutes.
>>
>>42344345
Backwards tilt.

Neck gains.
>>
I'm a fucking skelington and whenever I try to eat more then usual I'm filling up very fast and don't feel good for 30min after eating.
What kind of food will help me put some weight on without filling me up like that?
>>
>>42344378
Lifting and protein.
>>
>>42344392
Yeah I figured that's what I need to do but in mfp I entered my current weight and goal weight and it's telling me to eat 2400 fucking calories per day to gain 500g per week.
Even for gaining 250g it says 2150.
>>
>>42344378
What kinds of foods are you eating? Feeling bloated/tired after a meal is due to eating too many carbs.
>>
do i need more than 40 lbs on each dumbbell if im just starting out lifting
>>
>>42344576
well, too many carbs
fugg I need to change my habits
>>
If I'm doing full body 5x5 3x a week, generally how much muscle am I supposed to gain a week? Every morning the number fluxuates and I can't understand the direction it's going when it's always different.
>>
>>42344004
>post sources
look them up yourself nigger, it's literally the consensus
>>
>>42344378
TRACK YOUR CALORIES
DONT BINGE IN 3 MEALS PER DAY
IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE NIGGER
READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>42344605
Good genetics, good eating, good sleep = ~250 grams of muscle per week. But you're also gonna gain some fat on top of that.
>>
Are lifting shoes necessary for a relative novice? Could I get away with tennis shoes and those lifting inserts that are much cheaper than lifting shoes?
>>
when does cardio start making you catabolic?
>>
>starting freshman year in the fall
>free gym for students
Is this the best time for me to get fit? Does the gym usually get crowded at the beginning of the semester?
It seems like starting strength is a good enough program to start with. If I asked, I should be able to get help with using the weights and all yeah?
Also, is there anything I should do before SS?
5'7 125lbs
>>
>>42344688
>free gym for students
>Is this the best time for me to get fit?
hhhhhuhhhhhhh anon FREE gym I don't know man that sounds risky
>>
>>42344123
PPLPPLx is bodybuilding.

PxPxLxx is anything. It's powerlifting if Push = Bench+accessories, Pull is deadlift+accessories, Leg is Squat+accessories
>>
>>42339397
1.6m trap bar = 30kg
2.1m trap bar = 45kg
is this normal? if I wanted to do 700 pounds would I need the 2.1m one or would the other be fine?
>>
>>42344688
gym probably will be crowded at the start of the semester but if you pick your times well it won't be so bad. As the semester progresses many people will lose motivation and stop going
>>
If I eat slowly do I gain more or less weight?
>>
>>42344749
I figure, yeah
>>
>>42344688
My friend, the best time to get fit is as soon as you're able to. You are bound to have crowded days at the gym, so it's stupid to let that stop you.
>>
>>42339420
careful for the cholesterol (its the precursor to testosterone but too much will fuck you up at any age natty or not), that being said animal based protein is more anabolic than plant based protein (Check out protein absorption rates whey and pork are amongst the least wasteful/fastest absorption)

>>42339505
cholesterol is the 4th macro (micro probably) I track as it is the direct precursor to testosterone, cut soy, make sure your milk is of good standards (some countries are far better than others, NZ is very good) other than making sure you have a wide variety of foods to meet micro RDAs you wont be able to change far from the normal bounds (limit alcohol as well, and nicotine is an aromatase inhibitor)

>>42339606
certain roids make you stronger and increase muscle mass (common sense) but dont cause the same growth in tendons etc so they dont keep up and you end up lifting more than they can take thus injuries occur

>>42339793
DBs and PPL are both not optimal for a variety of reasons (DBs dont allow for heavy weights and if you are buying heavy DBs why not just invest in an olympic bar + plates) and PPL has squat and deadlift (amongst others) as core lifts neither of which you can do optimally with only DBs or maintain good progressive overload, probably best off doing bodyweight + DB routine instead

>>42340099
The reason cardio is not advised for beginners is that not only does it deplete glycogen storage effectively making successive lifts weaker but it increases TDEE significantly (dependent on time done) you can watch PictureFit on youtubes explanation for a more indepth understanding of this, its just not worth it

>>42340535
pulmonary embolism or that kidney failure thing due to break down in muscle protein from stupid amount of calf raises (the name i cant remember) typically happens if you do like 5x50 calf raises

>>42341338
how many days etc? ABABABx? Whats your goal? Ill feedback after that
>>
>>42342543
>>42342957
Thanks for replies. Any body workout routines you know of or would recommend?
>>
Should I do cardio before or after lifting?
>>
File: 1499666273741.png (361KB, 1267x779px) Image search: [Google]
1499666273741.png
361KB, 1267x779px
>>42341519
Maintain correct tongue posture at the roof of mouth, you can change bone structure although chewing gum like the other anon suggested will hypertrophy the masseter muscles (along the side of jaw) altering the look of your face

>>42341558
its a decent carb source but if it doesnt fit your macros dont eat it, does it fit in with your meal plan?

>>42341664
Yes, athleanx has a video where he increases Jesse's bicep size by 1 inch or something with a crazy dropset routine (all pump but yeah it answers your question)

>>42342010
look into potential micronutrient deficiencies, also perhaps you are not actually sleeping properly something could be effecting your sleep eg caffeine

>>42342348
They are harder to progressively overload and harder to increase volume without doing a stupid amount of reps (becoming similar to cardio also providing a slightly altered form of muscle growth), in short they do not compare to BB based weightlifting routines in any capacity and they lack certain isolation how the hell do you train legs effectively

>>42342360
the BB might be rolling back so your hands are bent (which is wrong) fix it before you drop the weight on your neck

>>42342537
Sounds good, check around and use multiple calculators for TDEE just to get an across the board rating, other than that an optimal start you are definitely going about it the 'right way'

>>42343278
As im aware its not possible any other way than to do it individually, try spotify or something, pretty cheap

>>42343150
as the other anon said mobility is likely the problem, you can foam roll and stretch it out pretty quickly though

>>42343306
Proper programs are widely used because they work, I see nothing wrong with SS for a month moving on to another routine. In my opinion 3x a week fullbody is not viable for a huge range of reasons: epic long workouts (for which rising serum cortisol levels damage recovery and decrease gains past a point of less reward for more work), massive crossove
>>
>>42341911
>kill yourself because you're not a 9/10 male model.
Thanks ! I am looking into it
>>
File: 1498172161313.png (156KB, 1000x931px) Image search: [Google]
1498172161313.png
156KB, 1000x931px
Should I do cardio before or after lifting?
>>
>>42345106
thanks anon, appreciate the reply!
>>
>>42345168
after
lifts will suffer
>>
>>42343306
cont. -crossover meaning (obvious common sense) that the exercises you do first will be stronger/better overall and more able to progress, this is damage to every factor required for growth like volume, progressive overload and intensity despite what certain youtubers (alpha destiny) like to preach

>>42343353
Too low frequency, you will not be able to progress effectively only lifting 2 days a week as muscle growth and repair occurs for approximately 48 hours after lifting

>>42343680
unironically mustard (it has almost 0 nutritional value lmao)

>>42343941
If you can feel a pinch followed by a bolt of pain or numbness in your arm it could be pinching of the rotator cuff and the nerves in your elbow socket, athleanx has some very good videos on fixing shoulder pain (the guy who runs it is Jeff Cavalier who is very qualified and was the physiotherapist and strength trainer for the NY mets so he knows what hes talking about)

>>42344378
I bulked from 145 to 188 at 6'3 (continuing up to 200lbs) and from experience eating every 2-3 hours is an easy way to fit in the wholes day worth of food, Ghrelin the hormone controlling hunger will tell you that you aren't hungry but just ignore it, its only a chemical after all :) you can put a spoon of oil in your protein shakes for easy extra fat without noticeably changing the taste

>>42344657
Lots of people were chucks even at more intermediate (and a few notable advanced lifters) levels seems to be fine

>>42344673
cardio changes your TDEE so if you are eating less calories than you burn you will be 'catabolic'

>>42345049
after, watch PictureFits video, learn about glycogen depletion and use common sense to tell you that not being fresh to a lift will effect your performance
>>
>>42345168
Again, do it after, watch PictureFits video, learn about glycogen depletion and use common sense to tell you that not being fresh to a lift will effect your performance
>>
im 5'10 at just under 200lbs been lifting for about 2 months and the guy i go gym with said i need to eat more to gain muscle but im already at a pretty high bodyfat so i dont want to get any fatter should i eat at maintance and hopefully burn away some fat or eat a surplus and then cut later? ?
>>
What are the changes from seated ohp to standing overhead press?

Everything I've seen on seated says to have wider than shoulder grip width and I go pretty much shoulder grip on standing.

Plus not having to move your body under the bar is weird as fuck.

Is it really a different lift or should I treat it exactly like standing but you know sitting?
>>
I just recovered from a back injury. I want to do deadlifts, squats, and barbell rows again, but no matter what I do, I just cannot keep my back straight, and I don't want to re-injure myself.

Any advice?
>>
who got this get?
>>42344444
>>
What's the deal with different handle heights on the trap bar DL?
>>
Is there any issue squatting with a fairly wide stance if it feels the most comfortable? I have wide hips for a guy and thats probably the reason
>>
Whats a good warming and stretching exercise before lifting?
>>
>>42345720
standing allows for hip drive and abdominal tilt which is almost guaranteed/necessary under a heavy OHP just look up any youtube video for high weights

you also engage more musculature in a standing OHP (careful not to switch to push press by unlocking the knees, quads should be fully tensed and locked) with stabilization muscles and such in the back, core, traps, lats etc therefore standing is better than sitting (as it engages more musculature thus greater efficiency)

>>42345739
possibly start with only deadlifts and keep the weight low and form perfect for a while just to build the spinal erectors which will help with form on the other movements and as the weight progresses
>>
ohp, lateral raises and rear delt flys

should they be enough for shoulders? as direct work exercises.
>>
>>42345960
many of the bigger powerlifters and strongmen use a wider stance on squats (whether this is out of necessity due to their 350-400lb frame or because its better is debatable), im 6'3 and prefer a wider stance as it feels more natural although i feel it a lot more in my hip flexors as i go through the lower part of the motion
>>
File: body jul17.jpg (3MB, 6060x2900px) Image search: [Google]
body jul17.jpg
3MB, 6060x2900px
I asked the same question a few threads back but I only got referred to the sticky, which I already read and my original question remains.
If I'm looking for a more aesthethic phisique, and have been going to the gym for the past two months (first time ever doing exercise), acquiring somewhat of a physical condition...
What would be the best routine for me to stick to?
I already have a diet to follow, but in regards of 'what to do' at the gym, I am totally ignorant.
>>
>>42346717
dont bother with rear delt flys when you can do rows (greater compound exercise, higher load potential, better potential for progressive overload, more musculature involved etc)
>>
>>42346742
I do bent over rows at like 45% incline, sometimes my torso is more paralel to the ground others it's more upright

you sure? rear delt seems hella neglected
I'm gonna follow that 3x week upper/lower routine from aworkoutroutine since it seems really solid
>>
>>42346725
I'm not sure about that muscle calculation just do lean mass instead, in regards to aesthetics i hate to suggest it but PPL heavily modified to appropriate volume, this is a rant heavy subject as i believe the reddit PPL which most people quote is complete dogshit

when i get back from uni im going to start a thread dedicated to dissecting the PPL and trying to improve it
>>
File: qwerty.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
qwerty.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>42346725
I did SS and imo look aesthetic, just make sure to add acessories like the book says
>>
>>42346778
It entirely depends on the routine you follow, personally I love rows of all kinds, chinups etc and they have decent EMG activity in the rear delts but where they make up the majority of my routine they might not yours,

I just doubt the rear delt is holding you back on any given lift and its not exactly a significant muscle to bother with much isolation hypertrophy, bascially i wouldnt waste the time it takes to isolate it in favour of doing a greater compound exercise if that makes sense
>>
i started a quite severe and went from 90 kg to 86.5kg in 4 days. this is water weight, right?
>>
i live in a rural area and the nearest gym is a 2 hour drive away, last week i bought a barbell set and I'm saving up for power rack and bench but its gonna be about a month, is there any decent routine that i can do with just a barbell in the meantime?
>>
>>42346880
*quite sever cut
>>
How do people hit their protein intake?

I'm taking two protein shakes a day amounting to 48g of protein, 1 chicken serving about 20g, 3 eggs 20g more. I'm cutting hard since I am a fatass, how am I even supposed to get 150g + of protein each day.
>>
File: godsend.jpg (46KB, 570x373px) Image search: [Google]
godsend.jpg
46KB, 570x373px
>>42346996
im cutting at 1700kcals and get 120g protein easily without shakes

quark is king
chicken too
veggies have decent protons and low calories
>>
File: dZo7A.gif (149KB, 480x339px) Image search: [Google]
dZo7A.gif
149KB, 480x339px
I'm doing my summer job and walking in vineyards for multiple hours a day and my legs/knees are really sore. Can I just skip squats on my work days? It would lead to me squatting once a week but I'm doing a ton of walking on uneven terrain.
>>
>>42346996
There's 32g protein in 100g chicken breast (165 calories - that's nothing). How much is a "serving" for you? Eat more of that.

Greek yogurt, quark, cottage cheese also have great protein/calorie ratios.
>>
>>42341412
They're 3 lbs apart...
>>
>>42347022
>but I'm doing a ton of walking on uneven terrain.
walking, no matter how hard, will never give you the kind of mass and strenght that squats give you.

that being said, it is a bad idea to do squats on a day in which you have basically performed cardio before
>>
>>42347026
>>42347013
Quark? I can't buy that in the US. Just googled it.
>>
>>42347085
what about skyr?

I also heard/see really low calories and high protein greek yoghurt in the US but cant find it here where I lvie in yuro
>>
File: 1484182778177.jpg (184KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484182778177.jpg
184KB, 960x960px
>>42347085
You live in amerilard land I bet my left testicle you have it stocked somewhere, arla and skyr are the most common quark/yogurt companies here in uk
>>
>>42339397
Does anybody knows if there is an app to build your own workout or add a known one that has notification and a timer when you are doing it, like the Stronglifts app does?
>>
If I always feel like masturbating do I have high test
>>
>>42346996
I am on a cut and I eat 200+ grams of protein every day. It's possible. Look into ground chicken and turkey I eat at least a pound throughout the day
>>
>>42347385
>>42346996
close to 1 lb fish for my protein and some chicken. I get about 200g
>>
I'm feeling pretty bummed out. I have some hydrocodone I was prescribed but never took. How much should I take?
>>
>>42339397
I started dieting hard and working out but I have a severe shoulder injury (torn labrum) that's inhibiting my progress a bit. Are there good ways to rehab and build back muscle from my injury especially in the shoulders?
>>
>>42339397
I've got everything in check outside dancing so I can't really go clubbing or I'll be that guy leaning on the wall

what the fuck do I do
>>
>>42347523
Learn to dance
>>
>>42347565
yeah but how, it isn't ballet or some shit so there's really nothing on youtube
>>
>>42347570
Go to a club that you aren't planning on frequenting and be the weirdo on the wall for one night and observe and imitate.
>>
When I do chin-ups (assisted, I'm a dyel), sometimes I get this pretty fierce headache/lightheadedness and my hearing is a little muffled.

Normal? Not? Should I just avoid chin-ups?
>>
Is there anything more annoying at the gym than needing a machine for your last workout and even though you go to the gym as late as possible, you are somehow in a line behind 3 people for this one machine?

What can do instead of machine reverse flys?
>>
Where do I buy Viagra/Cialis online?

I just want to be able to fuck my girlfriend good for once. Instead of constantly battling a semi hard to soft dick.
>>
How can I download an entire playlist from youtube?
>>
IS USING WHEY PROTEIN /FRAUD/?
>>
File: EtDI4aP.png (39KB, 868x803px) Image search: [Google]
EtDI4aP.png
39KB, 868x803px
I've been doing this routine on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and have been running on some of my off days.
Should I skip the warmup routine? I'm wondering if it will make it harder for me to do progressive overload on the heavy lifts.
Also: With the combination of the warmup, 30-60 minutes of LISS cardio and cardio on the off days, will that seriously cut down on my gains?
>>
File: lmao xD.jpg (53KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
lmao xD.jpg
53KB, 600x600px
What are the best chest exercises to help with lower pec muscles or to get that square chest look. thank you in advanced
>>
File: 1499199861973.jpg (189KB, 869x873px) Image search: [Google]
1499199861973.jpg
189KB, 869x873px
Should i be cycling creatine?

Read today that you should take it for 2 month then take a 1 week break. Ive been taking daily for 3 months...
>>
>>42347744
Weighted dips. You also need to work inclined bench press into your routine to help build a symmetrical chest. You definitely don't want to only have a huge lower chest.
>>
I heard alcohol fucks up nutrient absorption, is this true?
does this mean drinking only when going out some hours after eating?
>>
>>42347734
this looks like a meme.
>>
What accessories should i add to texas method if i have weak back and pecs
>>
File: TommyFootball.jpg.jpg (11KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
TommyFootball.jpg.jpg
11KB, 400x300px
I need a good PPL routine to condition me for Unite the Right next week IE street fighting, anyone got a good one?
>>
Which is the best protein powder if I am trying to lose weight and build muscle at the same time? Can't get enough brotein from normal food. I'm a fatass
>>
>>42348491
There is no "best". Everyone has their own preferences.

Generally you'll see recommendations for MyProtein (cheap and lab-accurate nutrition), ON Gold Standard (high quality and adequately priced), BodyFortress (Middle of the road in price and quality), and Syntha-6 (nice but overpriced).

What it comes down to is entirely personal preference. My only advice would to stay the fuck away from fruit flavors. They are godawful 99% of the time.

also
>I am trying to lose weight and build muscle at the same time?
Physiologically impossible. Eating enough protein is great but you will not build muscle even if you're coming down from being a fatass.
>>
>>42348684
Lose weight and maintain what little muscle I have then.
>>
>>42348734
overall I'd say you don't have much to worry about. Make sure you're eating 100g a day and exercising 3x a week. If you need whey to make that work, so be it.

oh and stay away from Whey Isolate unless you're lactose intolerant. It's a meme.
>>
Asked this in fraud, but what would happen if I took an ai off cycle? Effects of having low estrogen?
>>
>>42346699
same anon as >>42345739
How low of weight are we talking? 95lbs? 1pl8?
>>
>>42339420
Can I put on 15lbs before September 6th?
>>
File: 1493257422690.jpg (419KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1493257422690.jpg
419KB, 1280x1280px
>>42349245
Oh shit didn't mean to quote
>>
Is there any way to get rid of this upper thigh pain that I get during squats? I asked this question about a week ago and was told to narrow my stance, if possible. While I am able to air squat deep with any stance, I am unable to have any sort of balance with a narrow stance when I squat at the gym or replicate the high-bar squat position with my arms. Since I am only a beginner, I am making progress with increasing weight, but this upper thigh pain stops me before I feel like my muscles are tired. Any suggestions?
>>
man i'm getting some pain in my knee during low bar squats but it's not a pain in the joint... i don't really know how to describe it, but it feels like it needs to pop. it's a tight, tense pain going down my outer quad. i've tried widening my stance, shortening it, turning my feet out more, turning my feet out less... it happens as I come up from the squat.

any idea what it could be? sorry i can't be more specific; it's pretty hard to describe.
>>
>>42344592
for what exercise?

curls? not for a while
db presses? you might need more than 40 somewhat soon
>>
is it normal for your left side to not be as developed as your right side?
>>
>>42349282
Forgot to mention that this pain is on my right upper thigh and that I am right-handed/footed, which makes sense in terms of flexibility.
>>
any point in cutting lower than 8% bf if you're not contest prepping or an ig model?
>>
>>42348212
Without really knowing with Unite the Right is, a traditional PPL is strictly a bodybuilding routine and not a very good choice for a fighter.

>>42349282
Most likely some kind of hip impingement. Hopefully in an early stage, which means it's easier to get rid off.
Check out this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/LegacyAthleticsCA for some useful tips.

>>42349287
Have you recently increased the amount of squatting you do drastically? That's often when pain sets in. If not:

Find out if you have excessive tightness somewhere in the muscles of your thigh and/or butt. Find a way to massage it away - a foam roller can be very useful.
Train your glutes, especially the parts that don't get worked well with regular exercises such as squats. You can do hip airplanes, single leg deadlifts with a DB in the opposite arm of the working leg, side-lying clams, side bridges, suitcase carries etc.

No guarantees, but this helps for a lot of things.

>>42349319
Assymmetries are quite normal, yes. Within reason of course.
>>
>>42349347
8% is very lean. In my opinion, and experience, if you go lower than that you actually start looking worse. You lose size (even if it really is fat), get a skeleton face, and you have veins everywhere, which regular people don't really dig. Also it takes a good deal of sacrifice to maintain.

It might look good in pictures and the right lightning, but the only reason I'd say anyone ever wanted to go lower, is if they had big stubborn fat deposits (e.g. love handles) still left @ 8%.
>>
Wondering if anyone can help answer this.

I'm pretty much only swimming for weight loss, starting from fat.
I've read though, that cardio only can lead to being skinny fat.

I already eat a high protein diet and a caloric deficit.

My question: Will doing push ups and sit ups to failure a few times a week be enough to prevent that skinny fat effect when I lose my weight?

Just want to be slim and not flabby.
Any answers on my specific qs?
>>
I've commented this in another thread, sorry if it doesn't belong here but here goes:

cutting at 1.7k calories from being 6"4 140kgs, I'm now 6"4 117kgs trying to get to 105kgs as my next goal.

My question is that I've never cut at such a low caloric intake and because I've just started cutting this hard I'm usually weak and tired when it comes to my gym sessions, I've made peace with the fact that my lifts will not increase anytime soon but I'm trying my best to maintain my current lifts while cutting bf%. So HOW do you manage your meals so that you aren't tired during workout periods or is this something I just have to put up with for the time being? Thanks.
>>
>>42349401
What you're talking about isn't "skinnyfat". You're talking about loose skin.

Loose skin is a result of losing weight too fast, or if your skin has been stretched too much due to obesity. If you're starting from obese, you may just be fucked. If you're not totally obese, just lose weight at a normal pace and it shouldn't be too bad.

>>42349410
I find that it's less food giving you energy and more your body not being prepped for a workout. I always have some caffeine before a workout to get me going. Gives me the energy I need.
>>
>>42347523
Dancefag here. Dancing is just listening to music with your whole body. Put on your favourite track and listen to the rhythms, allow your body to move with the rhythm, feel it in your core muscles and allow the movement to come from there. The hardest part is letting your enjoyment of the music overcome your fear/embarrassment. It'll take practice for it to feel good alone, and then more practice for it to feel good in public.

Don't bother looking up tutorials and moves on jewtube, that's like putting sick rims and flame decal on a '98 hyundai stationwagon. When I dance at a party or a club I do body rolls and spins and shit because I don't give a fuck, but you don't need any of that. Just enjoy the music with your body.
>>
>>42349401
It'll help. But still you're taking the hard route. Resistance training i.e. lifting weights have been shown time and time again to be the most effective way to get what you want.

Anyhow, if you're doing a ton of swimming and push-ups, make damn sure to stretch your pecs and lats daily, or I guarantee you'll run into shoulder issues eventually.

>>42349410
Up your calories. 1700 at 117kgs bodyweight is incredibly low. You'll still lose weight rapidly eating more, and you'll have more energy for your workout (effectively making you build more muscle and lose more fat), and you'll feel way better.
Patience is the name of the game.
>>
Weight loss plateaued for me the past month and a half. I've started cutting and lifting since january and have lost 40lbs and made some gains, which is nice but now I'm stuck at 220lbs. I'm afraid that if I fully commit to cutting and eating less that ill fuck any future gains until I finish. How much truth is there to cutting/bulking while lifting? Are gains possible during a fast if I choose to do so, or is it simply maintaining the muscle so my body doesn't eat it?
>>
>>42349352
>Have you recently increased the amount of squatting you do drastically? That's often when pain sets in. If not:

not drastically no but i think i'm reaching my upper limit on my LP i.e. heading towards a stall

maybe i should just deload... my upper body needs a chance to catch up anyway.
>>
>>42349498
>>42349471
thanks for the help boys

yeah i am rushing a bit and I know its pretty bad/memey im just trying to prep for an upcoming vacation in 9 weeks just need to lose that last bit of bodyfat to look at least decent in clothes.

I guess a coffee before a workout would help, although I might just adjust my calories a bit higher by maybe 200 calories?

Thanks again
>>
I have a tightness and soreness in my lower back.

I apparently I shouldn't deadlift until this pain has subsided; but should I be squatting? Doesn't that also put a lot of strain on the lower back?
>>
>>42349817

what kind of tightness and soreness? if you're talking about DOMS then the only way to help that stuff is continuing to lift

if you have an injury you should be resting until your injury is healed. low bar squats are a compound exercise and as such engage the core and lower back as well as the rest of the posterior chain.
>>
Lifting for around 6 months, right wrist started to hurt when doing ez bar curls so stopped doing them, but now I'm getting wrist pain in both arms only at morning and night so much that it wakes me up
What do
>>
Not only wrist but also fingers go numb and hurt like fuck sometimes but only at night and morning before getting up
>>42349847
>>
I am trying to turn my life around

I'm 6'3, 160 lbs, horribly unconfident and out of shape, but my older brother has a bench and some barbells he said I could use. Can you get abs and basic muscle doing workouts with just those things? With proper diet of course
>>
>>42349899

yes but only if you read the sticky
>>
File: 2vbeJ97.jpg (75KB, 715x715px) Image search: [Google]
2vbeJ97.jpg
75KB, 715x715px
currently on a vacation for a month and there are literally no gyms around me except for calisthenic ones with shitty dumbbells that go up to 20lbs. I can basically do chinups and dips there. What should I be doing to at least maintain?
>>
>>42349916
Chinups and dips
>>
>>42349916

/r/bodyweightfitness

put a giant sack of beans on your back and do pushups

do whatever you can mang
>>
What should I be using to track my workouts?
Don't really want to bring a pen and book with me to the gym.
Was thinking of just using a google sheets doc if there isn't a decent app.
>>
>>42339397
Anybody got a comparison chart for estimating body fat? I only need a rough idea and can't be fucked with calipers or testing or whatever.
>>
File: 213213.jpg (809KB, 1742x3095px) Image search: [Google]
213213.jpg
809KB, 1742x3095px
>>42339397
5 years ago before I started lifitng I was 227lb.
I dropped to like 189 lb. with considerable gains ive reached approx 17-15% bf. (6,2' height)

Ive stopped working and got fat 3 years ago after car accident,
got back to my heavy, 5 day gym routine like 3 weeks ago, got on samurai low carb diet as well.
While I can already see some progress ( already lost a notch on my belt, as well as i can see some fat lost from thighs and gut) today I weighted myself and I saw a whooping 244 lb on the scale. That was the first time I stood on the scale in 3 years.

The thing is, I still fit in most of the clothes I've been able to fit in when I was 195-198 lb, even though they do not appear so "loose" as they used to be.

Can anyone confirm or deny my points below?

>1. I suspect that most of mu muscles are still there under the fat layer from my lifting days 3-4 years ago, that is why I weight that much and yet I can still fit into my old clothes.
> creatine which I started using also is adding 4-6lb of water which is tied now in muscles

Can someone cofirm my train of thought or correct me if I just meme myself.

pic related.
>>
>>42349840
Its definitely not DOMS, its more like an ache than a "well used" pain like in doms.

It actually hurts slightly when I walk.

Today is super hard on my lower back too (squats, seated ohp, deadlift). I guess i might just skip today's session... Or maybe just do some non-compound accessories for my weaker areas (perhaps incline bench). Maybe some cardio.

Cheers lad.
>>
>>42350525

yeah i mean only you know how you feel you know

you know the diff between soreness and pain. if it's pain i say give it a rest. otherwise you might set yourself back further than you would by just taking it easy for a week or two.
>>
What is the best TDEE calculator?
>>
how bad is my SS variation?
what would you add/remove

AxBxAxB.... (3 times a week)

A
3x5 squat
3x5 bench press
1x5 deadlift, 1x3 deadlift (adding some weight)
2x8-12 bicep curls
3x5 weighted pullups
3x1 1 arm pullup (with towel, trying to get there)
plank and side-plank

B
3x5 squat
3x5 ohp
3x8 one hand dumbbell shoulder press (however you call them)
3x5 barbell row (i suck at these, any legit alternative?)
3x5 weighted chinups
3x1 1 arm chinups (same as pullups)
3x8-12 skullcrushers
2x10 shrugs
plank and side-plank
>>
>>42346996
9 scoops is 720Cal.

For fats, flaxseed oil,
>>
Gave my biceps a good seeing to on Sunday, had decent DOMS yesterday, but today I've still a painful spot on my bicep a few cms above the elbow joint. Biceps generally feel a wee bit DOMS-y. Should I lift again today or wait one more day?

Also, I can't stand the thought of eating carby food atm and want only proteins. A plate of potatoes just makes me feel repulsed. Why is this?
>>
>>42350576
i would reverse the order of bicep curls, pull ups, and one handed pull ups,
>>
>>42350576
>3x5 barbell row (i suck at these, any legit alternative?)
POWER CLEANS
>>
>>42350948
Occassionally lifting in spite of DOMS is fine. If you always have DOMS you're fucking something up.

>I can't stand the thought of eating carby food atm and want only proteins. A plate of potatoes just makes me feel repulsed. Why is this?
Yeah that's called an eating disorder. Seriously.
On a related note, good luck getting swole without eating carbs.
>>
File: Screenshot_172.jpg (356KB, 669x491px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_172.jpg
356KB, 669x491px
>>42347344
Growth signalling? Warm water compresses, diffused peppermint oil, and engorging.

>>42347507
Swimming.

>>42347662
Full-lock kegals.. peppermint oil.

>>42347826
https://alligga.com/conversion-of-ala-into-epa-and-dha/

>>42348491
Casein.

>>42348684
Please stop. Recomp is possible.

1/2
>>
File: Screenshot_168.jpg (65KB, 803x169px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_168.jpg
65KB, 803x169px
>>42351014
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3411406/
>>
>>42350990
I don't get them often but I've been off biceps while I was recovering from a tendon injury. Now I'm slowly working my way back.

Is it actually an eating disorder? Does it have a specific name? I'm not trying to do keto or anything. Have been suffering from stress and depression lately which is why I want to have an evening of lifting heavy stuff, but my appetite has gone to shite.
>>
>>42351056
>Now I'm slowly working my way back.
You call hitting it hard and wanting to go at it again the next day already "slowly" working my way back? I don't know what tendon you injured, but tendons take a long fucking time to recover, and even longer to regain their previous strength. This is one case where I'd absolutely not train through DOMS.
>>
>>42350533
Yeah I just did machines (leg press, shoulder press), Incline bench and then like 20 mins of cardio.

Its frustrating but you're right. No point injuring myself seriously when I could just spend a week or two recovering.
>>
>>42351056
it would be an eating disorder if it were persistent, it' probably a hormonal effect from something you are doing, ignore it and eat what you need to eat
>>
If I consume 330 ml of ~5.5% beer a day for the next 5 or so days and it'll be either before a workout or 15+ hours after my last workout, will it kill my gains?
>>
>>42351098
Probably won't kill your gains, but probably won't exactly be helpful either.

It's rarely a case of either/or. It's never black/white. Few things will outright kill your gains, but some choices will always be better and some worse. Beer is probably not the better kind of choice in this context, but hey, if you're not having fun, what's the point?
>>
Doing a four day split currently, wondering if I should deadlift on back or leg day? Did legs two days ago, back tomorrow, but I fear I might still be a bit too dusty in the legs to DL tomorrow.. Should I just suck it up and do them on leg day? Squats and DL on the same day seems a bit much.
Thoughts?
>>
>>42351079
Sunday to Tuesday is two days. But you're probably correct. I've been on the emd for over two months now and perhaps I'm just being impatient.

>>42351096
>hormonal effect
Fuck, I'm a man, I shouldn't have to put up with this bullshit.
>>
>>42339397
>Whats the best way to add mass to triceps? My tris look sad.
Have you tried.. LIFTING HEAVY THINGS AND PUTTING THEM DOWN AGAIN?????? Or are you afraid you'll break a nail????
>>
>>42349561
Protein. >>42351014

>>42350069
Gyms having spreadsheet cards is a thing.
>>
>>42351140
Great post. Very helpful.
>>
>>42351140
Have you tried.. FUCKING OFF AND NOT POSTING AGAIN?????? Or are you afraid no one wll listen to you elsewhere????
>>
>>42351187
Have you tried.. BEING THIS MAD????? xD xD xD

On top of everything else you're probably a manlet. Therefore your gains don't matter.
>>
>>42351117
thanks brah, I might be over-analyzing it
>>
I once saw this aussie shorts series on youtube about a chicken shop or some shit, anyone know what it was? one episode i think the blokes dads got in a car and told them to fuck off. thanks in advance
>>
File: routine.jpg (39KB, 256x572px) Image search: [Google]
routine.jpg
39KB, 256x572px
Can you rate this routine please? I'm a complete beginner DYEL.
>>
>>42351332
Completely fucking batshit retarded. Not even just saying that because /fit/.
Waaaaaay too high volume for a beginner. Doing all that extra work will just trash you for no benefit. Fact.

Even if you weren't a beginner, it's still not a very balanced routine. It's kind of stupid, arbitrary.
>>
>>42351332
>complete beginner
>that routine
uwotm8
If you can do it, fair play to you.
>>
>>42351332
This is why beginners should not be making their own routines. Read the sticky.
>>
how strong do i have to be before going on PPLx2 (and seeing results)?

1/2/3/4? Avg. strength for all groups on symmetricstrength?
>>
File: 1501524363161.jpg (57KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
1501524363161.jpg
57KB, 640x631px
>>42351450
>>42351436
>>42351388

Can you suggest fixes?

I didn't even create this routine by the way, my personal trainer did. Guess I'm ditching him.
>>
Doc advised me no dl or squats or any lower back excersises for a couple of weeks, what are some things I can do for legs then? Are leg curls okay.

Do flat bench and ohp make use of the lower back too much?
>>
>>42351533
You're a beginner.
Just fucking do SS for the first few months.
>>
Will my noob gains come back faster? Or is it a one time deal
>>
>>42351533
Most personal trainers are terrible. Let me guess, he looks completely DYEL? There are two types of people you should never take advice from, DYELS and steroid users. There is no "fixing" that routine, it's just terrible. Again, read the sticky and incorporate one of the beginner routines.
>>
>>42351533
Well, you could give it a try and see how it goes for a few weeks. It does seem like a lot is all.
>>
>>42351558
They come back pretty well after some time off.
>>
>>42351580

I've been doing it for 2 weeks and I don't really have a hard time with it except Day 1. Day 1 is really heavy on my arms and I have a hard time using them afterwards. Other than that it's not very heavy on me.
>>
File: routine.jpg (19KB, 327x305px) Image search: [Google]
routine.jpg
19KB, 327x305px
I'm out of SS, worksets slightly heavier than 1/2/3/4.
Now I've modified a PPL routine according to a number of conflicting theories into picrelated, it's probably ok but needs a sanity check - it's not completely retarded, is it? It'll mean lifting 6 days per week, but overall will be less 'time in gym' per week, without the constant back squats.
>>
>>42351593
Here's what you need to understand about training volume: More is better, but only up until a point. Where that point is is determined by your training experience (as well as a bunch of other factors).

Furthermore, even though "more is better", twice as much is not twice as good. The more volume you do, the less return of investment it gives you. For EXAMPLE, doing 2 sets may give you 70% of potential gain, doing 3 sets may give you 90% of potential gain, and doing 4 sets may give you 97%.
So you see, the more sets you do, the less they give back, BUT all of them eat into your recovery. That means that if you're doing 10 sets of this, you may only be able to do 5 sets of that or you end up doing too much total work. Then you can't recover, which means you'll get no stronger and no bigger.

So where is the sweet spot? It's an individual thing, but GENERALLY it's not very high (provided you work hard on your sets) for a beginner. A complete novice may get almost 100% training effect from just a single set per muscle group. After a while he may benefit from doing as much as 3 sets. The "routine" you linked has no less than NINETEEN MOTHERFUCKING SETS for chest. It's beyond excessive.

Somebody who's been doing hardcore bodybuilding for the past ten years MIGHT benefit from such high volumes. Even then I would say it's excessive.

Add to that the fact that the routine is horribly imbalanced in terms of exercise selection and how much you work the seperate muscle groups. This leads to a messed up physique short-term and injuries long-term.

I'll finish by saying that lifting weights isn't rocket science. You CAN probably still make some kind of progress on that routine. But you asked to have it rated, and I'll rate it as utter shit.
>>
Can you go from fat shit who never runs to doing a 15km run for charity in 100 days?
>>
File: 1429209959970.gif (1MB, 300x197px) Image search: [Google]
1429209959970.gif
1MB, 300x197px
I need to lose as much weight as I can in one month, consequences be damned. Yes I realize this will also diminish my strength and gains. Yes I realize recovery will not be easy. But I have to do this.
So what are some fast ways besides starving myself into Auschwitz mode?
>>
File: qjxOSZB_d.jpg (61KB, 520x782px) Image search: [Google]
qjxOSZB_d.jpg
61KB, 520x782px
Is plank worth it? Because I fucking hate it?
>>
>>42351941
>>42351941
Sorry didn't mean to tripfag on /fit/
>>
File: EdSRs.png (635KB, 1288x3200px) Image search: [Google]
EdSRs.png
635KB, 1288x3200px
>>42351941
Yes.

>>42351935
Doubtful, but give it a go anyways. Just keep in mind that overworking yourself will only slow your progress down in the end.
Pic related.
>>
>>42351962
Athlean (lel) says that once you can normal plank for a minute like 3 times in a row then it won't do much for you anymore. Is this true?

He suggests after hitting that point, that you should do planks to hit other areas (like side planks or doing arm raises while doing side planks)
>>
>>42351983
Every exercise falls prey to diminishing gains, Anon. I guess it comes down to how much you want your core strengthened.
>>
>>42351553
Flat bench (proper form) would impact lower back. Incline is fine though.

Leg press would also be fine. Basically any isolation machine exercise where your back is fully supported.

I have the same issue right now.
>>
File: cloves.jpg (42KB, 236x679px) Image search: [Google]
cloves.jpg
42KB, 236x679px
>>42351533
>straightening hair
Cloves.
>>
>>42351593

If I had to guess his reasoning, it looks like he's trying to fast track you into being able to do smaller sets with heavier things. I tried something similar after a break from lifting, but it was only 2x8--what he's giving you seems like way too much for a "beginner DYEL".

How much rest are you getting in between these abominable workouts? IIRC you only need x8 for hypertrophy--ask him why he's giving you so many.
>>
>>42351553
Also, OHP can heavily involve lower back, especially seated.

Try using a shoulder press machine instead. They're shit but its better than hurting your back more.
>>
>>42351941
If you dont like it then don't do it. But planks shouldnt be dobe for more than 30 seconds, per set, and they should be done weighted of you can do it with bodyweight.

You can do any other ab exercise instead if you dont like them. Hanging leg raises are also very good
>>
>>42351983
I've been doing plank 1minx3 from my unfit state. That seems like quite a small amount, although I was pretty /fit/ cardio wise quite a few years ago so don't know if it's retention.
>>
>>42351941
It's a useful exercise for training perfect alignment of your body i.e. keeping everything in place under load. This ability can transfer to other exercises such as the overhead press or push-up.
But as a way of getting 6-pack abs, it's not a very good choice of exercise.
>>
>>42352041
I normally have a couple of abs exercises in a session, but yeah hanging leg raises may be a better option for me as I'm not currently doing them anyway.
>>42352046
More for core than 6 pack, not really going full aesthetic mode, just want to bulk up and add functional strength.
>>
>>42352026

What?

>>42352033

Depends really. If it's exhausting, i.e bench press, I rest for around 2-3 mins. If not, 1 min, or until I feel ready to go again.
>>
>>42352124

Oh, I meant like periods between workout days, not resting between sets, sorry for being unclear.
>>
>>42352074
Look into the RKC plank.
>>
>>42352139

Ohhh. I don't have a schedule really, I just make sure I get in those 3 days/week. Should there be a set amount of days inbetween workouts?
>>
File: 1501497978003.png (34KB, 700x471px) Image search: [Google]
1501497978003.png
34KB, 700x471px
How do I for myself to take a shit
I don't get that "I need to poop" feeling until after I finish my morning workout & eat breakfast at work. I can never get a solid weigh in because of this.
>>
>>42352153
You pushed and you pushed, and you pushed some more, and just when you thought you couldn't push any longer, A GREAT BIG OL' STINKY DOO DOO PLOPPED OUT INTO THE BACK OF YOUR TROUSERS, BITCH!
>>
>>42352035

Shoulder press.. like a machine? Wouldn't Smith works as well?

Is standing better than seated for the back? I tried doing standing the other day and it didn't hurt my back too much compared to flat bench, I was curious why my back hurt a little on flat bench, I guess the whole curve your back really does use the lower back.
>>
>>42352181

What the fuck are you talking about dude
>>
>>42352153

With the load you're doing I'd hope you're spreading things out as much as you can. Resting is very important.

Next time you're with your PT try to squeeze some scientific explanation out of him for this workout. They're SUPPOSED to be able to answer stuff like this, don't just blindly follow his routine.

>>42352180

Use laxatives if you are desperate for an "empty tank" weigh in. Or just buy a scale for your workplace.

I would say eat more fiber/use fiber supplements, but it looks like you're already pretty regular, just not when you want to be.
>>
>>42352212
[email protected]
>>
>>42352221
>With the load you're doing I'd hope you're spreading things out as much as you can. Resting is very important.

But your dad told me that you never rest from spreading and taking loads.
>>
>>42351939
calores in
calories out
aka "the only way"
>>
File: IMG_1073.jpg (42KB, 600x838px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1073.jpg
42KB, 600x838px
>>42352221

Alright. Thanks for the tips dude.

>>42352224
>>42352263

I think you're bored, go play with your pecker
>>
>>42352263

My dad would never give bad pozzing neg hole advice. Resting is very important, especially when giving the gift.
>>
>>42351939

CICO
Just eat less and move more autist. There's no other way.
>>
>>42351939

Keto at a calorie deficit and a round of pills that suck up your water weight at the end of the month/weigh-in day/at whatever the fuck you have planned. Try to keep exercising, too.
>>
Been doing stronglifts for 2 months now and have real nice gains everywhere apart from biceps. Any tips on growth?
>>
>>42352296
>>42352274

This. Make sure to keep your protein intake high.
>>
Why is the Mobility WOD in the sticky if you have to pay for it?
>>
>>42352349
Curls and sumo deads
>>
>>42352349
Chin ups, if you can do like 8+ of it try weighted chin ups.

Curls works too.
>>
>>42352473
>>42352484
I'm dumb I should've said that I do accessories I alternate 3x5 chins and 3x8 curls
>>
>>42352349
Show your biceps a pic of lady biceps without any sleeves on.
>>
>>42352558
cuck?
>>
File: egg 003.jpg (146KB, 514x421px) Image search: [Google]
egg 003.jpg
146KB, 514x421px
>>42339397
Is 80kg bench good for a 17 yo and a year of lifting, I didn't really follow any programs - do you think I could be stronger if I did follow one?
>>
>>42352675
It's not great for a year and cause you're young, make sure you eat enough and do a program
>>
Can i take a caffeine/amino supp before my workout and my creatine after ? I heard the two are not a good combo
>>
How does water weight work? I was at average of 63.1kg the last week but this last two days it jumped to fucking 64.4kg and 64.7 respectively.

the first day it jumped I had quite a bit of soy sauce
the other I made some rice which was really salty, I think I seasoned it twice accidently or switched up the spices but I still ate it though
I tracked everything and still had 300kcals(the deficit im cutting) to cover for potential mistakes

so now, how do I get rid of this? got no clue if it was fat gain or water gain and I cant track my progress(I sum the weight of 7 days and divide it by 7 to get an average)
>>
>>42353042
you can't gain fat that fast, it's definitely water. Also possibly shit.

When you eat more sodium you retain more water. It's just a side-effect.
>>
>>42353057
whats the secret to get rid of it? literally on my last month of cutting to get 10%bf and its annoying since I cant track properly
>>
>>42353077
don't eat as much sodium. That's about all you can do. Otherwise it goes away on its own.
>>
recently, ive started to run to and from my gym (4km) and for around 6km on my off days

i feel kinda tired and my legs are enough that sitting up and down hurts

should i take a break from running or is this just something my body goes through until it's adjusted to the increased stress?
>>
>>42353104
I wish your unwelcome opinions would go away on their own.
>>
Rate jewtine:

>Squat 5x5 / Chinups 5xF
>Deadlift 5x10 / Dips 5xF
>Calf Raises 5x10-20 / Hanging Leg Raises 5xF

>Bench 5x5 / Band Pullaparts 5x20
>Press 5x10 / DB Row 5x10-20

>Deadlift 5x5 / Chinups 5xF
>Squat 5x10 / Dips 5xF

>Press 5x5 / Band Pullaparts 5x20
>Bench 5x10 / DB Row 5x10-20
>>
How exactly does oil work? asking since I use olive oil when cooking and I got no idea if I'm "eating" the quantity I use or if it evaporates or some shit

also how much grams is 10ml of olive oil?
>>
>>42344961
Rhabdo
>>
>>42353620
Count whatever oil you use as eaten.
In normal conditions only the water fraction, if any, evaporates.
If you can't into cooking and pass the smoke point of your oil then you'll lose part of it, but that's 'burning' more than 'evaporating'
>>
File: 1341701271658.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1341701271658.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
>day 8 of 600mg DNP
>forgot
>just ate a big bowl of pasta and tomato sauce
how long have I got left?
>>
>>42353698
Already, I can cook actually but some shit I got no clue since I didn't really go to cooking school or whatever so I don't know much about the theory part

also, is there any website with decent recipes/ideas for meals low in kcals and lifting friendly? I ran out of ideas and got no clue what to do, got some eggplants, zucchini, courgette and shit like that but cant think of anything outside boiling, stuffing them, steaming or roasting
>>
>>42353594
>5x5, 5x10 deads
>squats after deads
You're a brave man.
>bench after ohp
Can you seriously do 5x10 bench after heavy ohps?
>>
>>42353744
I usually just sauteé the veggies and use them as a side dish. Eggplant without any oil, unless you want it to absorb it all.
Lazy as fuck, and not really helpful, sorry.
>>
>>42353759
That's pretty basic 5/3/1 BBB.
the 5x10 is at 50% of the Training Max, which is 85-90% of my actual 1RM.
>>
File: IMG_0989.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0989.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Would losing 20 more pounds get rid of my neck fat? Currently 172 pounds and I'm 5'10 feet. Or is it shitty genetics?
>>
>>42353792
kek basically same as I do since I started working, put some oil and minced garlic for dat dere garlic infused oil, reserve the garlic or be lazy and leave it there, throw some chopped veggies and sautee, add some chicken in small cubes or whatever too if feeling like it
>>
How do I get the bruce lee physique?
>>
>>42353796
Are you doing the 531 cycles or just keeping on at 5x5 with the main lifts?
Anyway, try it for yourself, you can use the 5x10 as conditioning and use a light weight... but at that point why not just a complex?
>>
>>42353856
I'd imagine you'd need a super low calorie diet and like 100s of reps per exercise
>>
>>42353814
I think it depends on how old you are. I lost a bunch of weight when I was 16 and my neck is pretty thin
>>
>>42353910
i'm 22 years old and the lowest im willing to cut is 150 pounds cuz if i go lower it will hurt my gains. Ive seen weight loss everywhere on my body except my face and its depressing me.
>>
>>42353861
5x5 is this (first week):
65% x5
75% x5
85% x5+
75% x5
65% x5+
>>
>>42353896
Someone posted his routine the other day. It wasnt very impressive. Relatively low weight (biggest i saw was something like 40 or 50lbs for a french press) and 10 to 20 reps for most lifts. He tried to stay at 173lbs. He thought this weight was perfect for speed and strength.
>>
Trying to measure fat intake.

I know that I need to minimize saturated fat intake but do exactly what ratio should I be consuming mono-unsaturated fats and poly-unsaturated fats?
>>
>>42353814

It's impossible to gauge how a person's fat will "drain"

USUALLY people lose in the face/neck first, but it's not a given. Just keep cutting. I lost a lot of back and upper arm fat before I really made face gains.
>>
Can't do presses in basement /homegym/, what do I replace them with to get the same effect?
>>
>>42354466
seated
>>
>>42353717

you'll be fine
>>
File: vuG7IpeLTJ6T171h1EYdMw.png (493KB, 565x598px) Image search: [Google]
vuG7IpeLTJ6T171h1EYdMw.png
493KB, 565x598px
How does this image make you feel?
>>
How to gain muscle mass as a 6'6 skelly with somewhat high fat percentages already
>>
>>42354690
disgust
>>
>>42354709
lift
>>
>>42354690

yaoi does not translate well into 3dpd
>>
File: 1497745370447.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1497745370447.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>42354767
>>
do i really need proton powder, if i can afford plenty of real food and don't care about putting on a little fat?
>>
Anyone get forearm cramping after training biceps?
>>
>>42354837
you telling me you wouldn't tap that?
>>
If I eat enough protein on a cut will my lifts still go up?
>>
Lower back hurts from squat what do?
>>
I'm 5'4" and want to get fit. How do I avoid becoming a manlet?
>>
>>42356214
You are already a manlet, friend
Now leave this place before the manlet madness sets in. Many manlets go on to lead long and fulfilling lives.. just not on /fit/
>>
How to get rid of dark circles under eyesight? Not sure if its from staring at a screen most of the day or bad sleeping schedule but I have had them for years now
>>
So I just finished workout and my armpits smell like MAPLE FUCKING SYRUP.

I do not wear deodorant since I am in a homegym and I just shower after but we'd. Do I have the beetus? I am whole food vegan so I really do not understand.
>>
>>42356838
Also I am not overweight/obese

5'10 140lbs, I am out of shape though
>>
File: 1501605283160.jpg (77KB, 544x527px) Image search: [Google]
1501605283160.jpg
77KB, 544x527px
Cutting, getting gassed and losing energy/endurance during my compounds pretty fucking bad and my lifts are starting to drop. 147 lbs and 5'7, maybe around 17 - 20% bf.
Current calorie intake is only at 1500, but I'm a 5'7 manlet so it should still only be a 500 - 800 cal deficit. I'm not sleeping a lot though, 6 or so hours of sleep a night.

My first working set of a compound lift usually feels good, bit the remaining sets the weights feel so much fucking heavier and I lose breath fast.

Is sleep the only thing that's making me feel this way, or am I cutting way too hard? I try to get around 140g protein, carbs are anywhere from 90g to 130g, fats are usually around 50g or so.
>>
i'm getting small scabs on my shins from deadlifting. is this because of bad technique or is it fine?
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.