[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone deal with body dysmorphia after they started lifting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 1498963333620.png (334KB, 551x550px) Image search: [Google]
1498963333620.png
334KB, 551x550px
Anyone deal with body dysmorphia after they started lifting?

I wasn't in great shape before but I was reasonably happy with myself because I wasn't fat. Now that I started lifting and am definitely more muscular and toned etc., probably objectively better looking, I feel fat now. I look down at my body and it looks like a bunch of fat blubber but in the mirror I look fine unless I bend over and crouch down so my stomach bunches together.

Is it normal to look fine while standing up but be mortified by your belly when you bend over?
>>
File: curse.jpg (173KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
curse.jpg
173KB, 760x596px
>>42335843
The day you started lifting is the day you became forever small. You will never be as big as you want to be.
>>
>>42335873
and you can never be as big as your pump
>>
File: the price of glory.gif (2MB, 390x219px) Image search: [Google]
the price of glory.gif
2MB, 390x219px
>>42335956
At least heroin junkies can eventually catch their dragon...
>>
For me it comes in the form of comparing myself to others to an unhealthy degree
>>
Ive always been thin but after lifting ive never felt as small as i do now.
>>
>>42335843
You realized how shit your body and health was before
Also
>Toned
>>
some days i think im a dyel and some days i think im jacked, and even though people tell me the latter i just dont see it sometimes. i need constant validation like girls looking at me or even guys
>>
>>42335843
Nope. Apart from being a chubby from around 10-12 I wasn't ever really fat, maybe skinnier than average but still a healthy weight, but I was never happy with how my body looked until I started lifting. I notice every little improvement and the denser and stronger I get the happier I feel about my body and the more confident I feel. If you have dysmorphia it probably means you're an insecure little beta bitch boy so you should try working on that as well as lifting.
>>
File: 1500119749409.jpg (536KB, 2200x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1500119749409.jpg
536KB, 2200x2200px
I -really- hate being over 12-15% BF. As in, i don't even want to look myself in the mirror because im ashamed.

I started lifting 2 months ago after a long hiatus and i've gotten really good gains, pretty much everyone goes "whoa anon you're so big and slim now!". And while it sure is nice and i feel (and am) a lot stronger and healthier, not having visible abs and nice defined pecs (i have absolutely no outer pec definition so they basically look like firm manboobs except from the side) just kills it for me. I've been eating 1500 kcal pretty much every day for the last 2 months and im considering going down to 1000, but im already sick of eating basically chicken with chicken for lunch and dinner and getting overwhelming feelings of guilt whenever i eat something that i haven't "planned" - doesn't even have to be unhealthy, just the knowledge that what i am doing at that moment is going against my goal of nuking my disgusting bellyfat from orbit. Shit really sucks but i guess that's life. On the upside, while i have a very hard time losing weight i get stronger way faster than most people i know.

Fucking abs man.
>>
File: 1460249342995.png (43KB, 383x385px) Image search: [Google]
1460249342995.png
43KB, 383x385px
>>42335843

>Was fat pretty much ever since I was 3
>24 years old 5'11" 241 lbs @ 33 % bf
>Decided enough was enough and finally cleaned up my diet which was horrid
>After 14 months doing a recomp I'm now 182 lbs 15% bf
>Was ignored and rejected by women all my life so I don't know how to respond to what most people would call clear signs of flirting (short of them grabbing me or anything)
>Even guys are nicer to me now. They weren't mean before it was just like I was invisible
>Only have a small stomach pouch and slight fat on pecs left
>Still see the 241 lb fatty starting back at me
>mfw I had more confidence when I was fat
>>
I'm the "big" one of my friend group even tho they all go to the gym as well. I thought I was the same size or smaller as my friends, but one day one of them told me I was the biggest one there (and no I'm not fat, 6'0 190 lbs).

It really hit home when they were talking about bench maxes and the guy who I thought was bigger than me said he struggled with a 190 1RM and mine is 275.
>>
>>42335843
I feel you bud. It's rough. I'm under 10% now on my cut and still feel fat. It's tough but it's an uphill battle and you will never get to where you want to be.
People compliment me on how cut i have been getting but it's not good enough for me.
>>
>>42335956
The pump is the ghost of future gains
>>
>>42341228
Oh my god are you me?
I have the worst fear of rejection that, like earlier today at school i end up thinkjng bitches are laughing at me when i catch them looking at me giggling. My female friend tells me they are into me but i don't believe her. Fuck, i wish i wasn't this self loathing, but I still see myself as the fat ass even when people tell me hiw great i look
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.