[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High reps or low reps for putting on muscle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0001.jpg (242KB, 1426x882px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.jpg
242KB, 1426x882px
High reps or low reps for putting on muscle?
>>
Volume is key for hypertrophy.
>>
>>42334570
High reps
>>
Whats too high of a rep amount?
>>
A combination of both so you can push heavy weights and progress while also doing some sets of 8-12 reps with lighter weight , getting a good stretch and perfecting your technique. Don't tell me you are a dogmatic cunt sticking to only one of the two.
>>
>>42334732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bP5AvsRex4
>>
What I like to do on ppl is hit my compounds for 3x12, then increase weight and do 5x5. And 3x12 for all my isolations
>>
>>42334796
>only 3x12
Not enough volume. Minimum of 5x12, your body will get used to 3 sets and "noob gains" will stop. But they don't have to. Just make sure you eat and sleep enough to keep up with it.
>>
>>42334768
I don't like that this video didn't answer the question of mixing. Say you do 3 sets of 8-12 reps and 1 or 2 sets of 3-5 reps. Do you get extra gains in strength and hypertrophy or less?
>>
>>42334881
And also, let's say one day of the week you focus on high reps (8-12) and 3 days later focus on low reps (3-5). Does this change anything?
>>
>>42334881
>>42334892
I am also curious, since I'm a newbie and have been doing this.
>>
>>42334834
Nigga 3x12 is more than enough volume when you're doing it for 5 or 6 different exercises
>>
>>42334892
If you have the weight dialed in so you're approaching failure at your final rep, you should increase strength on days you do fewer and build more muscle on days your target was 8-12.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.