[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How strong do you have to be to be considered normie strong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: handsome wojak.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
handsome wojak.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
How strong do you have to be to be considered normie strong? Is 1/2/3/4 sufficient or less?
>>
>>42334505
if you can max out on the dumbbells in your gym for benchpressing, you're considered very strong
>>
benching your body weight is basically unheard of to your average normie, most of them stall around 150-175
OHP a plate is also unheard of to them
squatting without a machine is unheard of, let alone anything above 2 plate
deadlifting without a rounded back is unheard of, 2.5 plate and above is impressive to them

honestly the most impressive thing to them is chinups/pullups with weight added via a belt.
>>
>>42334505
There are a lot of memes on this board, but yeah, many normies cannot deadlift more than 2pl, let alone 4. 1/2/3/4 is a "I'm a normie, but I lift" weight.
>>
>>42334536
Bodyweight stuff is generally more impressive to normies because the visual of squatting 600 pounds versus 400 pounds is really not that different, whereas doing a human flag or an upside down pull-up is just visually startling
>>
second highest squat/third highest DL I've seen at my gym with 3pl8/3.5pl8 for doubles, and I'm there like 12 hours a week so I've seen a lot of the regulars
I'm also the only person who's strict pressed a pl8, but I've seen a few people doing 5 reps with 55kg so I wager that's around equal

I've seen some giga niggas benching 120KG+ so I can't really compete on that front

basically if you train consistently for a year and eat and grow you're going to be among the top 5 people in your gym in terms of strength, but a lot of people who only do bench will bench more than you

the majority of normies who go to the gym have absolute garbage programming and just fuck around on the machines, so it really isn't hard
>>
>>42334536
>squatting without a machine is unheard of

So does this mean to a normie, I'm practically superhuman even though I'm only squatting 145lb right now?
>>
>>42334658
What gym do you fucking go to. I military press 85kg, front squat 3 plate, wide grip pullups with 2 plate. And I'm not even remotely the strong guy at my gym, and its a fucking chain gym filled with dads trying to get away from their wives.

OP, no one but other strong guys give a fuck about your strength, then your not in normie territory. Just get as big as possible and normies will think your strong, even if all you do is jerk off in 50 different positions.
>>
>>42334974
I'm still going to get as strong as I can regardless of validation I get from others, but it would be nice to impress some people.
>>
>>42334505
A lot of normies think or promote themselves as being stronger than they do

In real life, 1/2/3/4 is more than enough
>>
>>42334913
No
>>
Being able to OHP over 100 lbs or bench over 150 puts you firmly outside normie territory. As far as normans are concerned, if you can pick people up at parties or lift the beer cooler over your head, you're strong.

That being said a lot of strength gains aren't super obvious. I've seen people that don't really look like they lift work 5pl8 DLs with great form. I think if you tracked what lifts were the most obvious at a gains-to-pound ratio it would probably be OHP, curls, and then bench in a far third.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.