[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

spotting etiquette and practice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1432144098430.jpg (68KB, 550x825px) Image search: [Google]
1432144098430.jpg
68KB, 550x825px
>be at gym
>guy doing bench presses nearby looks at me
>he's lifting heavy, seems like he's going for PRs
>nobody with him
>get the sense he wants a spot though he doesn't ask
I don't even know how to spot, do I just walk over and put my hands under the bar or something whenever I "sense" someone might want me to?
>>
>>42329286
wait until he asks otherwise it's kinda gay
>>
It might help to verbally communicate with your fellow human being. I know this is probably a bridge too far for an autist such as yourself, but something along the lines of: "hey man, you need a spot?" would be perfectly acceptable. Youtube how to spot first though.
>>
>>42329286
Don't fucking touch shit or offer anything unless you're asked to.

When you do get asked to spot then don't touch the bar or help in any way until the lift has actually failed or they signal you to intervene. But at the same time don't stand there with your hands down your pants or watching the cardio bunny's tits on the treadmill.
>>
>>42329286
HHHNNNNNGGGGGGGGG THAT GIRL
>>
>>42329327
I asked for help once, I failed a bench press and had the bar on my chest and was all "hey, can you give me a hand" to some dude.
>>
>>42329316
>>42329327
can you guys decide which way to go? Should I offer a spot or not?
>>
>>42329366
No. People will ask for help if they need it.
>>
>>42329366
It really depends on the atmosphere of the gym. But like I said, just ask. The worst that can happen is he'll say something like: nah bro, Im good. And everyone carries on with their day. Or he'll say yes and then you can feel good about helping out a gym bro.
>>
>>42329407
why would him saying yes be "better" than saying no?

>>42329392
so by the same logic, it's fine for me to ask for a spot if I need it?
>>
>>42329479
>so by the same logic, it's fine for me to ask for a spot if I need it?
No, only everyone other than you is allowed to ask for a spot. You're the only person in the world who isn't allowed to ask for help.
>>
>>42329286
no faggot, you focus on your own workout and if you see someone struggling to put a weight up you go and help or else they'll get stuck under the bar.
>>
File: 1433466055854.jpg (35KB, 508x472px) Image search: [Google]
1433466055854.jpg
35KB, 508x472px
>>42329527
>>
>>42329543
So don't even offer, just hop under them if they seem to "need" it?
>>
>>42329894
>So don't even offer
No of course not. Mind your own business.

>just hop under them if they seem to "need" it?
Jesus christ you aspie fuck! No you're supposed to point and laugh while they do the roll of shame.
>>
File: swimmer tan.jpg (81KB, 550x825px) Image search: [Google]
swimmer tan.jpg
81KB, 550x825px
>>42329286
Imagine how pale that one spot must be
>>
>>42330209
The same as the tan lines because she's swimming indoors
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.