[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 41

File: Janiec.png (1MB, 894x593px) Image search: [Google]
Janiec.png
1MB, 894x593px
Does it make sense to do a lot of volume work on a cut? I'm currently doing a powerlifting routine like I always do but I realised that I want to look more aesthetic
>>
>>42328569
heavy and little as possible when cutting not the other way around
>>
I only get about 5-6 hours of sleep a night and feel like shit unless I get a full nights, will I be able to make gains or should I just not bother until I fix that?
>>
>>42328569
I've got two questions.

1. How do I properly transition from a cut to a bulk? do I add 100kcals each week until maintenance, hold at maintenance for ~2weeks and then add 100kcals each week till desired surplus?

2. I want to bulk at a 300 surplus, how much weight am I supposed to gain per week/month?
>>
>>42328569
That photo triggered me so hard. When you think you've got some decent shoulder width and you see that...
>>
>>42328679
>How do I properly transition from a cut to a bulk

1. Go to McDonalds
2. Go buckwild
>>
>>42328665
progress will be slower but progress is still progress. 8-10h is perfect so try to get that

>>42328679
3500 calories is 1 lbs so +300 is 0.6 lbs/week
>>
>>42328706
Polish-German masterrace
>>
>>42328727
yuro here, is 1lbs supposed to be 500grams?
>>
>>42328679
The maintenance vs bulking research is minimal.

Recomp is possible though.
>>
File: 1500038904101.jpg (326KB, 700x793px) Image search: [Google]
1500038904101.jpg
326KB, 700x793px
>TFW your cousin went to school with Amanda bucci in the states and took nursing together
>tfw your cousin tells you that Amanda finds you attractive when she comes to visit you in Toronto
LOL I taught them both how to use ecg's years ago when the two of them started nursing. Should have pulled the trigger I knew she was down for it but now she's a YouTuber and I ain't but that.
>>
>>42328752
0.45kg to be more exact
>>
With PPL should I always do my weakerlifts first? (ex. OHP before bench)
Would doing them in a circuit help or hurt strength gains?
>>
>>42328797
1.8kg seems quite a bit monthly or am I just being retarded

I dirty bulked(never fucking again) and got really fat that now I'm scared, took me ages to get shredded and good looking
>>
If I can pull up from a standing position several times, but can't even once from a dead hang, what muscles should I work on?
>>
>>42328713
bulkwild*
>>
Safe to do both upper body days (chest/bis and back/tris) with a torn meniscus in my left knee? I have no problem skipping cardio or leg day but don't want to completely skip the gym for 4-6 weeks.
>>
So I started off at 337, and now I am at 275. I originally set my goal at 250 and was gonna accept being a "big guy"(6'3, long limbs, big head) but now that I am approaching my goal weight im starting to realize that I will still be a fat fuck.

What do you think would be an appropriate weight for someone at my size? 210? Also been lifting a lot and have been avoiding cario, am I missing out on any benefits or no?
>>
>>42328665
Better to make small gains than lose your gains by being lazy
>>
what does volume mean? higher weight or higher reps?
>>
serious question, does working out the same muscle group twice a day help with gains ? once in morning and again at night?
>>
>>42328827
+300 comes to to around 0.3 kg/wk so around 1.2 kg/mo (4 weeks)

depends how long you have been training. yeah that's a lot if you are no longer early to mid intermediate but the problem with lower values like +200 calories it's very difficult to bulk like that because of variance in TDEE from day to day. +300 is good and can be hit more easily. just do cardio after lifting to minimize fat gain and never bulk past 15-17%.

bulk to 15-17% then cut back down to around 12% then repeat. read this for cutting https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21558571
>>
>>42328874
Higher reps. Intensity is higher weight and less reps
>>
>>42328881
all that matters is overload. muscle grows when you lift heavier either through volume or weight which basically destroys the muscle.

body then repairs it and puts a little extra (if you eat at a surplus) on it so this doesn't happen next time. this is why progressive overload is what makes you grow.

so basically for growing only the time you caused that is effective.

but strength has more to it than only muscles and lifting more = better motor pathway which will also make you stronger.

tl;dr: for growing muscles no, for getting stronger yes
>>
>>42328569

Jesus Christ his chest is half his torso.
>>
File: qwerty.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
qwerty.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>42328882
alright, thanks.

pic related is my current level, I'll aim for 1kg per month of weight gain hopefully I don't end up fat again after all this hard work
>>
>>42328865
>>42328727
thanks, I guess I'll pull through somehow
>>
>>42328920
just don't go over 17% bf and there is no way you can ever get fat. cycle between 10/12-15/17%. at 200-350 surplus and with enough cardio to minimize fat gain you can literally bulk year round before having to cut. if you don't do cardio then you will have to cut more often.

never dirty bulk because it's pointless unless you roid and even then the amount of muscle body can create is limited per day.

some good reads on bulking

https://rippedbody.com/how-to-bulk/
http://sci-fit.net/2017/bulking-deficit-gaining/
>>
>>42328958
but can't I just skip cardio? it will nullify the extra calories I'm putting above maintenance
I'll be doing cardio though so in those days i'll have to consume more than 200-300 surplus right? to compensate what I burned
>>
>>42328982
nah it doesn't exactly work like that

eating 300 above TDEE and no cardio will make you gain weight faster because the radio between muscle and fat will be almost 1:1

if you eat 300 above TDEE (adjusted with cardio in mind) you will gain weight slower but the ratio will be more in favor of muscle which means that most of the weight gain will be muscle
>>
>>42329036
always thought simply eat above maintenance to gain muscle, the less surplus being less fat gain but slower muscle gains and eating below maintenance the less deficit being slower fat loss but maintaining more muscle mass

what about water weight? this shit is what will really fuck me up since I track my weight daily and average the weight per week
yesterday I ate at a deficit but used a shit load of soy and salt in my food and today I had over 1kg gain which fucked up my weekly calculations
>>
File: 1497590627733.png (524KB, 738x416px) Image search: [Google]
1497590627733.png
524KB, 738x416px
how many reps/sets should you do with a neck harness, and how do you pick the right weight?
>>
Are bodyweight routines a meme or do they actually work? I've not lifted for a year and I'm in a position where bodyweight is all I have available. Are there any proven routines? How slow is the progress compared to a routine with many compound lifts?
>>
>>42328882
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21558571
>1.2-1.8g/kg protein
But that's garbage.
>>
>>42329053
muscle gain happens when you damage the muscles. you can eat above maintenance but if you don't workout and constantly damage the muscles you will only be gaining fat. also you can't only gain muscle. there should be article on ncbi that goes in more detail and ratios fat:muscle gain rations when body is building new muscle.

as for water weight, that's why you go off your BF% (more exactly your waist measurement) instead of weight. also make sure that you weight yourself under the same conditions every day. in the morning after taking a piss and shit is perfect.

i'd also suggest you calculate your own TDEE since it will be much more accurate than those online calculators

avg calories per day - (+-lbs/days * 3500)

avg calories is just your calories averaged over x days
+- lbs is weight gained or lost; if gained just use positive value and negative if lost

example:
you weight yourself and lets say that you weight 150 lbs. then you track calories for 5 days: on first day you eat 3000, on 2nd 3200, 3rd 2800, 4th 3000, 5th 2500. you add that up and average it so (3000+3200+2800+3000+2500) / 5 which averages to 2900 calories per day.

you then weight yourself again and this time you weight 151.5 lbs so you gained 1.5 lbs.

then you use that information in formula and you get

2900 - (1.5 lbs/5 days * 3500) = 2900 - (1050) = 1850 real TDEE

now lets say that you LOST 1.5 lbs in those 5 days.

2900 - (-1.5 lbs/5 days * 3500) = 2900 - (-1050) = 2900 + 1050 = 3950 TDEE

the more you recalculate the more accurate it gets. if you weight yourself more than once per day make sure you also average that out.
>>
File: get-toned-man.jpg (27KB, 300x336px) Image search: [Google]
get-toned-man.jpg
27KB, 300x336px
All I got access to are stupid machines dudes, don't ask why, it won't change anything.

To the point, can I still get sexy in my current situation with the right diet? And right lifting principles?

Pic related. What I believe is a realistic goal for machine only lifting
>>
So, I just started lifting and the program I'm says to add 2kg for lower body and 1kg for upper but the lowest plate my gym has is 2.5 kg. What do?
>>
Is injury more likely with strength training than with hypertrophy?

Or does the possibility of fatigue and form breakdown from high reps increase risk of injury?
>>
File: Screenshot_172.jpg (171KB, 669x491px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_172.jpg
171KB, 669x491px
>>42329036
From where is this information coming?

>>42329053
>>42329161

>>42328759
>>
>>42329245
Muscle growth signalling is 24hrs. That's the intensity / volume to experience.
>>
>>42329212
you sure you haven't converted? most programs increase the lowest weight by 2.5 kg/5 lbs because most gyms don't have fractional plates
>>
>>42328825
Anyone?
>>
>>42328825
Aren't you supposed to do them on different days? Are you doing GSLP?
>>
File: 2017-07-30 18.00.23.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-30 18.00.23.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
Just grabbed myself a bargain, pairs of 10kg, 12,5kg and 17.5kg rubber hex dumbbells with storage rack for only £50 UK

So my question is why the odd shaped top on the top of the rack, does it have a specific purpose?

pic related
>>
>>42328832
Your pull-up muscles. Do more pull-ups.
>>
Alright, so I think I messed up doing deadlifts. Now my lower back feels really weird and if I stretch I feel slight pain. That was a few days ago, now it's pull day again. Do I do deadlifts? Maybe lighter this time?
>>
my question is about form. I am a 6'4" lanklet and started out lifting a month ago. The staff at the fitness told me to start out with machines to get a basis first. Wenn i tried squats with him he told me to not go over my toes with my knees. however i don't get how to do this without weight on my shoulders because i will just fall backwards. How do i trick physics? as i cant go more than parallel to the floor with my upper body...
>>
>>42329793
angle your feet out like 30-45 degrees and when you go down push your knees to the side and keep them in line with your toes. also keep every muscle tense. you should never relax during squats, especially not legs

>>42329786
how long lifting? if you never lifted before you might just pulled a muscle. try stretching out and going low weight and see how you feel
>>
>>42329311
>>42329311
I'll check again. But if I wanted to add say 2.5kg to my squat would I add a 2.5 plate on both sides or just one?
>>
>>42329833

2 years, I don't think it was me pulling a muscle, I've never felt this sensation anymore and at the time I avoided finishing the set cause it was so foreign to me to fail like that.
>>
>>42329841
if it says 2.5 kg that's 1.25 per side
>>
>>42328569
what is the regular/reasonable amount of protein a whey should provide in a shake? and also, if I was not to drink it every day at work, would it be better to drink it in rest days for better recovery or training days?
>excuse the dumb questions, I am a stupid when it comes to supplements
>>
>>42329911
Gym doesn't have plates that small. Am I screwed?
>>
>>42329833
Thanks for your help, I just tried your instructions however the angle and pushing the knees out came pretty natural to me. but still to reach proper depth like even breaking parallel my knees go over the toes. Otherwise i can feel my center of weight shift behind my heels and i fall over if i dont allow my knees to go forward more
>>
>>42329987
then do one extra set with current weight before raising it with the lowest amount you can
>>
>>42329987

buy some, take them with you.
>>
File: 1312058668960.jpg (15KB, 216x232px) Image search: [Google]
1312058668960.jpg
15KB, 216x232px
Why are some exercises so much harder for some people?

Like, on a cut from fat-status I'm doing 190 lb squats, 235 lb deadlifts, 5 chinups in a row, but I can barely 3x5 120 lbs.

Whats the deal?
>>
>>42329994
that's a meme. all oly lifters have their knees over their toes.when they squat
>>
Why am I still fat?

At 212 pounds of a huge bulk, my waist was 40 inches.
At 185 pounds it was 34 inches. At 179 I am still 34 inches.

And my arms have lost an inch from 195 to 179. Hell my arms have lost almost half an inch from 185 to 179.

Mind you I haven't been working out, just doing long days of manual labor and eating less, but my stomach should be shrinking.

Thinking of quitting just so I can work out more.
>>
>>42329994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl2EDp4gn7k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcEsmhVag1c

do whatever feels natural to you. every persons squat will be different because of limb lengths, mobility, flexibility, etc. don't fight it or you WILL injure yourself. if it feels natural and good then it's fine.
>>
I'm fat. Can push ups and sit ups alone get me to ottermode with perfect diet?
>>
I have poor core strength, it affects my posture/hips, what should I do to strengthen them for posture and to have my hips stand out less? Should I just do basic ab work every so often (or everyday) or is there a program I should follow? been lifting for 5/6 months btw
>>
>>42329994

>>42330063
this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
see 0:38.
>>
>>42330069
you can't spot reduce. in men belly fat is the last thing to go and first thing to appear. keep cutting and it will go away. do more cardio
>>
>>42328569
I want to do a split 5 days a week before work everyday, full body takes up too much time and I don't get to do everything depending on how the morning commute is.
I'm planning on doing chest, back, legs, arms and a cardio day.
Would this be sufficient for muscle progression over time (i.e. like 9 months)? I don't really care much for core but I do hanging leg raises after every session.
Pls respond.
>>
>>42329994
>>42330090
to add, if you want to keep your knees healthy just buy a pair of knee sleeves. SLEEVES not WRAPS. sleeves are for injury prevention and everyone should be using them when squatting.

wraps are used for powerlifting to get more bounce so you can lift more weight.
>>
>Bench 170 1x5 with a little struggle
>Can't bench 175 for shit

why
>>
This may be a strange question but how do I get more thickness? I only seem to grow broader when I lift. My frame is pretty large while my arm really lack volume.
>>
>>42328622
so wait, pure intensity on a cut? should i cut out assistances and first set lasts and just do pure 5/3/1?

>tfw lifts are dropping and cut is stalling

have i been memeing myself into doing everything wrong?
>>
>>42329994
Stand facing a wall with your toes just an inch away from the wall. Squat as low as you can without touching the wall. Raise your arms above your head for added difficulty. Practice you squat form like this and soon you will have perfect form
>>
>>42330143
shit form or you probably lose tightness and proper shoulder poosition when unracking heavy weight. it happens to pretty much everyone at some point. lower the pins and if you can't have a spotter to help you unrack it.
>>
>>42330148
if you're growing you're growing. do more arm work if you want your arms to grow?
>>
>>42329793

>>42330090
>>42330138

Okay thanks for the helpful responses. I will definitely look into the knee sleeves. So if you think it is safe if i watch out for a straight back and not carving in my knees then I just have to think of a way to convince the trainer of that standpoint. he told me that you shouldn't deadlift until half a year in and that OHP is completely unsafe... From his standpoint he doesn't want to deal with me fucking my shit up and blaming him. But i want to take the responsibility myself and just start to learn the fucking big compounds. At the same time don't want to get kicked out of the gym or some shit like that. Should I just try to teach it to myself even if he doesn't want me to or what?
>>
>>42330208
i just tried that, at a certain point i just fall backwards, where do i go wrong? My nose touches the wall but i guess the weight of my butt and legs thats behind my heels pulls me backwards.
>>
I'm currently 170 at 6'1". I'm not total skelly mode, but i'm pretty narrow. I'm wondering if I gain perhaps 10 to 20 pounds could I start to cut afterwards?
>>
>>42330272
the only two things you have to worry about when doing squats is that the bar stays over the center of your foot and that you don't do a good morning from the bottom which is basically raising your ass very high before raising your chest. youtube some videos of it to see how it looks like and avoid it. your ass and chest should rise together.

if you do those two things your body will naturally know how to get up from the bottom.

your trainer sounds like an idiot. most PTs are either shitty on purpose so they can keep you as a client for much longer or they have no idea what they are talking about.

ditch him and read some books or watch online tutorials from people who know what they are talking about like. you should find everything you need be it weightlifting or olympic lifting on these two channels with great tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaTnation
https://www.youtube.com/user/WeightliftingUkraine

go on a proper beginner program and start doing compounds asap. just prioritize form above all else. better to do more reps and sets at lower weight then go as heavy as you can and do reps with shit form.

a good thing at first is to record every set and watch it while you rest and check what you did wrong and right and fix those problems if there were any.

some decent proven programs from the top of my head

for beginners
>starting strength (pure strength)
>candito linear (strength/control)
>28 free beginner (strength with some minor hypertrophy)

for intermediate
>candito 6w (strength/hypertrophy)
>28 free intermediate (strength/hyper)
>the journey
>531 suns (strength/hyper)

for beginner it doesn't really matter. you can start with SS and then once you stall 3 times switch to candito linear and wait until you stall again before switching to intermediate.

for intermediate all are good and you can switch between them when you get bored of one.
>>
If I scream with all my might after every set, but there's nobody in the gym to hear me, Am I really lifting?
>>
>>42328569
>>42330151

Always ALWAYS tailor your workout to your goal. If you want to be big and lean you need volume, regardless of your calorie intake. Don't listen to the cucks here who cling to their "m-m-muh 2plate bench" and refuse to do volume
>>
doctor told me i couldnt do squats or deadlifts because of lower back issues. is there any way to train my leg and glutes without hitting my lower back?
>>
>>42330645
can you do lunges?
>>
>try to watch something new
>put it on
>within 10-15min I lose interest
>go back to shitposting
How do I break out of this cycle guys...
>>
>>42328860
Depends on BF %/BMI but 210 at 6'3" looks good. Ive got a buddy, 6'5" 225 around 14% that looks good
>>
>>42330683
i think not because it uses the hamstrings, and hamstrings pull on the lower back
>>
>>42330752
maybe try bicycling. uphill on hardest gear will make your legs cry
>>
>>42328920
iphone 5S/SE gang
>>
>>42330771
bought the SE because it's perfectly sized and is aesthetic
had a huawei p7 lite prior to that but shit was too big to carry in pockets
>>
>>42329210
Same thing. Of course you can still get big, just use heavier weight since there's no bar/mobility in play

Thats why my smith machine bench is 225 and free weight 205
>>
>>42330018
3x5 what? bench?

genetics. I bench and DL well but I cant squat at all. My back wasnt made for it. My bro has the same thing and he's been lifting 8 years
>>
>>42330770
enough for hypertrophy? i like to ride a bike a lot. Maybe if i did short bursts of high speed could be leg excersise?
>>
>>42329210
machines suck and will create major imbalances mostly due to your stabilizer muscles not working fully because you are locked in a motion with them.. dbs are far superior if you have access to them. and looking good is just having some muscle and being at low bf.depending what your starting point is that should be obtainable in a 2 years at most.
>>
Can anyone recommend me some basic meal prep recipes that are healthy and easy to cook? I want a balance of starch, protein, and veggies.

I don't care if it's just brown rice, chicken, and a veggie every day, I just want to not eat like shit anymore.
>>
>>42330091
Yes. You don't need the perfect diet even. Just an OK diet will do. Calorie reduction and high protein

>>42330109
Farmer walks

>>42330474
Have a body goal in mind, bulk, then see what you should do.

>>42330851
increase resistance on a cycle machine?

>>42330889
Buying a gram scale helps. I get bulk chicken, veggies, rice, and fruit from costco and measure it out/cook it all on sunday.

Quinoa is surprisingly delicious too.
>>
>>42330851
yeah just do a couple of sprints (uphill preferably) from deadstop and also lots of uphill cycling and your legs will grow steadily. long distances are fine but do more sprints and uphills if you want big legs.
>>
Womens racerback gym shirts fit better than mens. Do i need to back off chest day?
>>
File: WGF.png (661KB, 2400x3200px) Image search: [Google]
WGF.png
661KB, 2400x3200px
>>42330792
The SE is the only iphone that fits in this crevice in my car when I drive. Perfect personal phone
>>
>>42330935
>if you want big legs
that includes the glutes too?
can i do it with a bycicle instead of running, because of my lower back issues the doctor doesnt let me jog
>>
>>42330962
i don't think bicycle builds glutes much. mostly quads and to some degree calves when you uphill

i have no idea what exercises you could do for glutes with a bad back. hip thrusts and donkey kicks are probably out of the question? swimming?
>>
>>42329681
I'd guess to put your dumbbells on if you finished your set and don't want to re-reack/put the on the floor
>>
>>42331015
>swimming?
swimming?swimming?swimming?swimming?swimming?swimming?

probably that, but too complicated.

Im supposed to to fix my lower back with these stretches im making but i dont think they are workign
>>
>>42330917
What seasonings and such do you use, though? I can stomach my meals being a bit bland but my cooking IQ is shit and I know there has to be a way to make things taste good while still being moderately healthy
>>
>>42328569
I'm leaving the country for 10 days tommorrow on vacation, how do I not lose my gains while away. Dunno what kind of gym access I'm gonna have, should I just do pushups and situps every day or something?
>>
>>42330010
>walk out with plates in your bag
>"hey you can't take those with you!"
>t-these are mine
>>
File: keksimum maximus.png (300KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
keksimum maximus.png
300KB, 420x420px
>>42328713
>>
Can I replace bent-over-rows in 5x5 withs something else like pull-ups? They suck, and I can never get the form right past 135lbs or so.
>>
>>42331077
Find a gym on your location if possible. If that's not possible look for street gyms with monkeybars and stuff. If that's not possible you'll have to be creative. Just look up home workouts and do those. Pull yourself up on a tree branch; position your hands more forward to hit your triceps when doing push ups

That being said, you won't lose any gains in those 10 days if you just maintain your caloric intake
>>
>>42331077
Its only ten days, you'll be OK. Take a rest and hit the gym hard when you get back. Work in an hour of exercise sure, but don't go in like you're going to go auschwitz mode in a week.
>>
>>42331128
I'd advice to do both though. If you don't like BOR replace them with some other row like t-bar rows or kroc rows.

When I did 5x5 I always did dips and pull ups too. Cannot miss those two.
>>
>>42330962
Bicycle will build glutes, though I'm not sure how much mass you'll put on, most of the force is generated with the quads on the downstroke. Keep your seat at the right height and and stay in the saddle and you'll get some development though.
>>
>>42330941
Maybe get on it more if women's clothing fits you, buddy.
>>
>>42330917
>Farmers walks
Done them before, but aren't they more for core stability rather than strength?
>>
>>42331046
Are you doing glute bridges and planks?
>>
>>42331054
Crushed red pepper for spice. Minced garlic for garlickyness. Fish sauce for a deep umami.
>>
File: Tbg.png (50KB, 413x605px) Image search: [Google]
Tbg.png
50KB, 413x605px
>>42329946
20/25g per scoop..

Protein has some growth signalling benefits around lifting, but overall, protein intake consistency is fine. Protein has good nutrition / calorie, and 1-1.5g/lb bw is decent.
>>
>>42331243
does that build muscle? seems like too low intensity
>>
Are cold showers a meme or do they actually o something.
I kinda like the feeling of cold water flowing on by balls
>>
File: received_1661470193876674.jpg (250KB, 1584x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_1661470193876674.jpg
250KB, 1584x2048px
i bought ice to take an ice bath today, how long do i stay in for?
>>
File: fit room.jpg (1MB, 2600x1950px) Image search: [Google]
fit room.jpg
1MB, 2600x1950px
I'm not using my glutes and hamstrings during a deadlift, all the weight is on my back. How do I fix this? It also feels like I'm hyperextending my back.
>>
>>42331419
>lots of clothed average looking pop idols

woah anon, you're in a spatious closet
>>
File: krs.jpg (69KB, 504x340px) Image search: [Google]
krs.jpg
69KB, 504x340px
>>42331462
>not mirin the zebra skinned cushions
where's your flavour nigga?
>>
>>42328825
That depends on which one you want to make better progress with, laddie. If you start with OHP, you'll be a tad bit weaker on your bench and vice versa.
By circuit you mean one immediately after the other, yeah? I don't think that would help with strength gains due to the lack of rest, meaning less weight being used
>>
>>42328569
if you want to keep as much muscle as possible, keep your program the same and lower the volume gradually when it gets to much
>>
So i want to clean bulk, but using an online calculator confuses me.
I do 5 3 1 and take about 30 minutes to finish my workouts. Some are easy, some are hard.
For a 64kg guy, 175cm tall and 25 years of age it says i have to eat about 2500kcal per day to "clean bulk". Isn't that too much?
Can someone of similar size and similar routine help me? How much do you eat for a clean bulk?
>>
>>42331380
pls respond
>>
is 1kg per week doable? how big is the muscle loss if i keep lifting and eat good amounts of proteins?
>>
>>42331054
I just use hot sauce bc I can handle the heat and it gets rid of the blandness

>>42331219
do 'em extra heavy for strength

>>42331944
they feel good, wake you up. http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2012/04/27/cold-water-immersion-benefits.aspx
>>
>>42328622
Nope. This is exactly how you lose muscle mass on a cut.

>muh strength
>>
>>42330486
It's not a real PT in a sense that i directly pay him, he just works at the gym and you get his help for free with your gym fee. But I will try to learn the compounds by myself with the help of the channels you linked. And i will also look for a good form above all. My priority is doing lifting for the fun of it, if i get stronger/more asthetic in the process i won't be mad but its not my top goal.
>>
>>42331958
thanks for the link senpai
>>
>>42329036
You're retarded
>>
>>42331956
I'd say if you are skinny fat to just go for the 1kg/week thing and you should not care about muscle loss. Better be a skelly and clean bulk than be skinnyfat and bulk.
>>
>>42330917
>Have a body goal in mind, bulk, then see what you should do.

So basically just eat and lift. The question is, what is a good bulk for my size? Should I stop at 200 or somethign like that?
>>
File: IMG_6164.jpg (324KB, 1337x1783px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6164.jpg
324KB, 1337x1783px
This may be a really dumb question, sorry

I'm clearly overweight and now starting to really focus on fitness. I'm 24 years, 6'4, 235 lb.

How would you describe my natural build? As in, if I did train hard, what physique could I likely achieve?

Sorry if that is a bad question
>>
>>42328569
why is this image a PNG
>>
File: progressisforbidden.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
progressisforbidden.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>42332112
im like this, i think i have SOME gains but what i want most is definition. If i do things right i should enough to get an ottermode at the end of my cut, right?
>>
What is the difference between incline, decline, and flat bench presses? like what's more effective at what?
>>
>>42331912
help me, please, i may be stupid.
>>
How does fit feel about cottage cheese?

Maybe with a little peanut butter & bran?
>>
>>42328569
>chew a bit and swallow a clove of raw garlic
>burns a bit but its ok
>suddendly stomach feels like it's dying
>feeling like puking
>drink some cold milk
>suddendly I slowly turn ok and feel nice

what the fuck was that
>>
I know a lot of people say it's a meme, and le reddit dosen't recommend it, but would doing Stronglifts 5x5 with all the accsesories be useful for building strength?
t. skelly boxer
>>
Will doing a lap (145m) with minimal rest and an exercise (e.g. push ups, pull ups, etc) in between benefit cardio at all? I ran 13 today (about a mile, not much for myself but I ran them at a decent pace...not sprinting but a quick jog I couldn't maintain for more than a mile) while pyramiding push ups. Not very well educated on cardio.
>>
File: fmsy1912.jpg.cf.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
fmsy1912.jpg.cf.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
do you guys think that using just a cable machine will make me /fit/ ?
>>
>>42332415
No
>>
That's the way raw garlic goes, eat a little bread of something with it to mitigate. Also, def crush it fully or really chew before eating. Ate some like pills and had DEATH farts the next day and a half. I had to take a flixbus to paris and felt so bad for the other people lol
>>
>>42332346
Yes it will, I'd recommend Starting Strength @ 90%
Fill this out, then select 'Generate Program', then check the box that says 90% and select Starting Strength.
>>
>>42332346
>>42332443
Forgot link
http://www.strengthstandards.co/#/
>>
Why can't I feel activation in my lats no matter what I do?

Be it lat pulldowns or chinups I can't feel anything in my lats (my biceps give out before anything else on chinups)

Which lat pulldown bar is best for most lat activation?
>>
my dick is like 5 inches hard, I'm a gook. Is this bad?
>>
File: 004.jpg (144KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
144KB, 900x600px
5'11''
19 yo
178 lbs
~20%bf

would cutting at 1500kcal make me lose to much muscle mass?
im only going to be on this cut for 4 weeks and then i will cut at a more moderately pace.

i have been lifting for 8 months

>have a nice thicc girl
>>
>>42332490
>cutting
>5'11
>178lbs @ 20%bf
RIP

Just lift, get stronk. You don't have much muscle. You'll look better eventually.

Also give me the source on that shit
>>
File: IMG-20170730-WA0085.jpg (101KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170730-WA0085.jpg
101KB, 720x960px
>>42332420
y not
>>
>>42332152
Stop thinking, start training.
>>
>>42332523
i've been bulking from 120 my dude, the fat has just crept up on me and i feel a short cut could get rid of it follow by a near maintenance phase after
>>
>>42332532
Because they're trash, you'll gain more muscle off of free weights which recruit more muscle. There's very few exercises I'd recommend on cables, chest flies being the only one I can think of right now. You probably haven't made much progress to get into shape, find a reputable program like SS or SL and STICK WITH IT (most important thing).
>>
>>42332570
>>42332523
sauce was lena paul btw, screencap is from a scene named smth with brother or smth
>>
>>42332278
help
>>
>>42330792
I was thinking of picking up a p7 lite, apart from size would you recommend?
>>
>>42332775
in the 2 years I had it, it never failed me.
Get the black one, the back is so beautiful
>>
is a 12-13%bf a lot to lean bulk? I've been cutting for over a year and its starting to kill me despite all my will and discipline
>>
>>42332849
This, help.
>>
>>42329104
Bump
>>
I'm an intermediate lifter, on the tail end of a cut. Last DEXA had me at 9.7% BF.

I'm simply unable to keep up with my current cycle of candito 6 week.

What would be a good program to run for the next month or two to keep as much strength/lean mass as possible before going back into maintenance?
>>
>>42329987
>>42330010
If you buy some 1.25kgs you should also try get some 0.5kgs while you're at it, you will need them for OHP eventually
>>
File: OUcEY.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
OUcEY.png
47KB, 547x465px
will this do well for me?
currently have never lifted seriously in my life sitting at 6'4" 160 lbs ultimate skinny fat after a 2 month long bender.
>>
>>42333040
yes, this program is good for beginners
>>
>>42332177

>>42328759
>>42329252
>>
>>42332152
Bump
>>
Does eating at McDonald's/KFC a few times a week while maintaining a steady exercise plan hinder my muscle gainz if I'm not concerned about my body fat? I fill my protein macros every single day without much attention on other nutrients. Is it very bad?
>>
>>42333095
wait, you mean even if i hit my calorie goal and keep my protein i may not lose fat if i have carbs?
>>
what are some easy, convenient high protein snacks?
>>
>>42333340
nah, if you dont care about fat gain its gonna be fine, as long as you have a balanced calorie intake and output
>>
>>42330018
Just genetics my dude. I'm barrel chested so I bench tons. Long femurs so I have a hard time squatting. I can deadlift great though because long arms and low CG through pull but my OHP takes days to the top. Is what is it.
>>
I recently started working 50-60 hours a week in a forklift factory lifting and moving and tightening and doing all kinds of things that use muscle
I'm pretty much used to the work itself and not waking up too sore so I want to get back into lifting
I'm 6'1 180 and my diet is 2200-2800 calories a day of "healthier" fast food like chicken sandwiches, turkey subs, bojangles tendies and rice; there are only so many places I can go during my 30 minute lunch and I don't plan on doing meal prep eating old food
So do you guys think it's possible to work this schedule and lift and not "burn myself out" or anything like that?
>>
>>42328569
as others have said intensity over volume (in the sense that you lift heavy and try to maintain progressive overload for as long as you can over doing 100 reps in 5 sets etc) because depending on the severity of your cut you will likely have to choose to sacrifice something and dont let it be the primary natty growth factor (progressive overload) so yes keep the intensity high and lower the volume in regards to setsxreps

>>42328665
sleep (recovery), nutrition and lifting are the 3 pillars of gains without 1 the whole thing collapses, in regards to how important GH is released in pulses approximately every 4 hours whilst sleeping so you guess correctly that 8 hours of actual sleep is roughly optimal schedule allowing, sleep also influences testosterone and other hormone levels so yes it is crucial and fixing it will boost your gains

>>42328825
PPL isnt optimal because of this, in any PPLPPLx program you are forced to do bench/OHP on the same day and obviously whatever you do second is going to be effected (progressive overload will be weaker =less gains etc) if you must it seems optimal to do bench first in my opinion just because its 1 of the big 3 and shoulder hypertrophy is simpler to gain through lateral raises etc

>>42328832
I would recommend changing to chinups and eventually moving to weighed progression once you can do 3x10 unweighted, also start doing all of them from dead hanging position from now on

>>42328881
progressive overload (increasing the weight) is the most important growth factor for nattys as another anon described the process you basically create tears in the muscle tissue and the protein you eat is used to repair these damages and build new tissue (increased hypertrophy and strength), working out twice a day will likely not allow for progressive overload in the long run because it does not allow for a sleep cycle to occur (proper recovery)
>>
File: australian-pull-p.jpg (6KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
australian-pull-p.jpg
6KB, 221x228px
178cm and 74kg here,

So i'm on a cut eating between 1100 to 1500 a day and trying my best to improve pull ups. (I can only do one and almost barely..)

After inverted rows/australian pull ups sets I honestly just get some solid bricks I have and starte doing exercies for my shoulders and biceps, but they are not heavier than 4kgs, so, even doing something like 5x14 with them.. will it improve/make my biceps stronger?

An exercise with a Dumbbell of 3kg or so doing 5 sets of 14 repetitions will help me make my bicepts stronger to make pull ups easier or should I just focus on doing inverted rows and assisted elastic band pull ups?

Thanks for any future answers.
>>
>>42333447
do they use forklifts inside the forklift factory ? do they use the same models you manufacture?
>>
>>42333548
Yes we have "fleet trucks", some are the same some are older and or made at our sister plant
If a forklift breaks down they come pick it up and move it with a forklift which I'm realizing now is pretty funny and convenient
>>
>>42333566
>If a forklift breaks down they come pick it up and move it with a forklift which I'm realizing now is pretty funny and convenient
did anyone ever joke a bout the yo dawg meme?
>>
File: cbt3007.jpg (291KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cbt3007.jpg
291KB, 1280x1280px
Could I get a bf% estimate please?
>>
File: 1372609834143.jpg (146KB, 1103x907px) Image search: [Google]
1372609834143.jpg
146KB, 1103x907px
Will taking a week off the gym has any benefit in gains?
>>
>>42333647
vagina abs
>>
>>42329104
I feel that bodyweight routines are harder to track/increase in regards to progressive overload and linear progress while also controlling for volume and intensity in a meaningful manner. Also certain muscle groups are hard to isolate with a bodyweight only routine eg biceps or calves but it depends what your goals are

>>42329141
1.2-1.8g/kg of body weight is similar to 1g/lb of body weight (perhaps more accurate to overall lean mass as opposed to entire body weight) don't see how this is "garbage"

>>42329210
machines simply lack the stabilization muscle activation you get from free weights, fine in every other regard (dont take this as a recommendation to use machines over free weights, free weights win every time)

>>42329212
Personally i purchased microplates/spare change plates for this purpose and i would bring them with me if i went to a gym (work out in home gym) also >>42329987
buy some small plates they are very just make sure they fit the bars you use (assuming most gyms are Olympic standard at 50mm/2inch)

>>42330018
Things like femur length, arm length and general ratios eg legs to upper body hugely influence what will be your better lifts. im a lanklet at 6'3 and have a hard time benching with long arms but deadlifts come naturally

>>42330122
I would never reccomend a split like that (if you mean like chest day, arms day etc) because you'll only be working each muscle group like once a week and at 48 hour recovery most you will spend 120 hours with that muscle inactive (for the most part), it also sucks for progressive overload/volume/intensity and just about everything else unless you arent natty ofc
>>
Is liftwaffe a meme? Is it worth joining?
>>
>>42333652
No, if anything do a deload week and hit your normal workout at 50% weight
>>
>>42333663
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>42333618
No I work beside "big ron" a jacked 6'2 250+ black dude with a gold toof, not too much memeing going on
He's a softy though, he saw me curling the weight we put on the seats to engage the sensor and he started cheering me on saying "Jus' 5 more! Hol' it, hol' it, C'MON BOSS MAN!"
>>
>>42333547
Chest exercises are fine for balancing back, both in groups and posture.
>>
>>42328908
>body then repairs it and puts a little extra (if you eat at a surplus)
What happens if i'm this guy here >>42333547

My arms won't become stronger?
>>
>>42330624
>>42330151
dont listen to the retards, if your goal is bodybuilding it doesnt matter how big your lifts are. volume for muscle growth
>>
Does weighing in at the end of the workout instead of the start show you as heavier? Does a pump make you heavier?
>>
>>42332152
Also will I have such a weird moob-y chest forever and is there any good way to fix it in particular?
>>
File: 1485226458359.jpg (63KB, 450x562px) Image search: [Google]
1485226458359.jpg
63KB, 450x562px
I've recently developed a drinking problem which has led me to consume an additional 500-600 calories a day.

I'm obviously gaining weight, but I'm pretty certain I'm putting on muscle much faster now.

Am I crazy? Are calories calories even if it's from alcohol?
>>
>>42333744
Probably, your skin looks like it gave up

How someone can look at that in the mirror for years and not see a problem will never make sense to me

Good luck with your fitness journey though I'm sure you won't work out a couple times and give up!
>>
>>42331383
dont do it, theres a thread up atm about cold showers you should read it, lots of pubmed articles basically say in short it is damaging to recovery and hampers growth

>>42331419
it might be an issue of genetics regarding height specifically femur to arm length, it depends on the way you position yourself for the lift and is not typically a problem

>>42332152
if you push into your hips you'll feel the bone and probably not but you might be able to feel your ab muscle bellys and get a rough idea of your dimensions below all that shit, Good luck to you anon

>>42332471
I would recommend chinups (do a proper progression program if you cant do 3x10, then add weight) until then do hammer curls (because they hit bicep and the brachialis, both of which are used intensely in chinups as assistance muscles, dont worry i couldnt feel much lat activation when i started but i found after a while especially when i concentrated on the squeeze at the top (when your chin is over the top of the bar) you feel it

>>42332490
1500kcal is too much, you will lose significant amounts of muscle, definitely do cut though (google p ratios or partitioning ratios in regards to resistance training or bodybuilding) just do a gentle cut perhaps 500kcal instead

>>42332941
you can try to keep at the candito but alter it to have higher weight/intensity, lower overall volume in regards to setsxreps, typically progression (in regards to progressive overload) slows down but as long as some progressive overload occurs with proper nutrition and recovery (sleep) you will maintain optimally

>>42333340
the only concern comes from cholesterol if you were to hop on roids just look at that guy who needs a heart transplant now... if you dont plan to roid dont worry about it

>>42333385
protein bars, dont pay too much though, wholegrain toast is good, peanut butter is good, oats are good
>>
File: godsend.jpg (46KB, 570x373px) Image search: [Google]
godsend.jpg
46KB, 570x373px
>>42333385
>>
File: Screenshot_174.jpg (55KB, 502x240px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_174.jpg
55KB, 502x240px
>>42333670
>1.2-1.8g/kg of body weight is similar to 1g/lb
It's .5-.8g/lb.
>>
File: Screenshot_175.jpg (46KB, 486x186px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_175.jpg
46KB, 486x186px
>>42333845
https://examine.com/nutrition/should-one-gram-per-pound-be-the-new-rda-for-bodybuilders/
>>
Is fasted cardio a meme? I find that if I have breakfast before my morning session, I can go on for longer and go at a much higher intensity than if I skip breakfast but if it's more advantageous to just do it before eating, then I can live with it.
>>
How's my routine and do you think I should make changes? Focus is on volume btw
Day 1: Chest/tris. 5 chest and 3-4 tri lifts
Day 2: Back/Bcps. 5 lifts for each
Day 3: Legs/Shoulders 5 legs and 4 Shoulders
Day 4: Abs and Cardio + a few calisthenics
>>
>>42333845
personally my calculated TDEE is 3400 per day and its just simple to get around 1g/lb if not a little higher from the foods i enjoy, plus theres no harm in consuming a bit of extra protein as long as the fat balance is right (google protein poisoning), also the metabolism of protein, simply put, into adipose tissue is far longer than the storage of dietary fat which is more directly and easily stored as fat, overall not harmful to eat a bit extra protein to make total daily calories and i cant be bothered calculating my diet to that extreme degree as it impedes on my ability to eat what i want (to some degree)
>>
File: 1501400136498.png (741KB, 1688x518px) Image search: [Google]
1501400136498.png
741KB, 1688x518px
Problem, I have large hips, not really width wise, but they make my ass stand out, I heard improving core strength (my abs are not very strong I agree) helps, as I built my upper body they started to look more proportionate, but is there anything more I can do (besides daily ab work) to improve my situation?
>>
what's a good high intensity 3 day fullbody routine to supplement with my judo training?
>>
>>42333695
besides being fit, do girls like the "tough guy" thing?

i've noticed that even if you're poor and uneducated some girls go apeshit for the "street smart, toughened up" kind of guy, even if its way way different.

I mean, i met a girl once who was a professional ballerina dancer, from a wealthy family, like, cream of the cream elite. But she was dating an electrician. She told some funny stories about the clashes that were produced when she introduced him to her parents
>>
>>42333523
>PPL isnt optimal because of this, in any PPLPPLx program you are forced to do bench/OHP on the same day and obviously whatever you do second is going to be effected (progressive overload will be weaker =less gains etc) if you must it seems optimal to do bench first in my opinion just because its 1 of the big 3 and shoulder hypertrophy is simpler to gain through lateral raises etc
in the PPLPPLx I saw told to do in one train heavy bench and light ohp, and in the other train start with heavy ohp and then light bench.
>>
So I studied all night for an exam the other day, did not sleep. Drank a lot of coffee and water during the night, but ate small things. I had no proper meal between 10pm and 7am. When I got back from the exam around noon I looked insanely shredded.

Have I found the new fat loss trick?
>>
>>42333826
>>>42332490 (You)
>1500kcal is too much

aight, thanks for the guidance, and the directions to where to read.

i will start out with a 500kcal deficit and study more
>>
>>42333889
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26817506
>>
>>42334048
Yeah I raced motocross out of a tent growing up and did a lot of things that made me seem more mature or tougher than the spoiled kids that played baseball
My "first love" was a 9/10 private school blonde who liked that I was different and since then I've had serious relationships with a few girls who's dad's were worth $10-30 million
The mom's think I'm handsome and want to figure me out and the dad's hate me, maybe thats a part of their plan
>>
>>42334086
yes that is suggested but think of it like this you are only OPTIMALLY training bench or OHP once a week and the other time you do it at sub optimal potential which in turn limits your progression, basically why i think PPLPPLx routines are limited

I am still searching for a routine which has better programming to offer in place but im at a real lack of options aside from bulgarian lite similar to eric bugenhagens style of training but that doesnt appear near optimal for beginners/intermediate lifters (most of /fit/ being realistic)

I would almost consider running PPLPPLx and sacrificing OHP from the routine entirely and focusing on benching 3x5 or 5x5 first push and 3x8-10 second push day and having lateral raises for a form of hypertrophy and/or shoulder workout
>>
I'm 6'2" 200lbs skinnyfat and want to cut to get rid of fat before I start trying to gain muscle. I enjoy doing pushups and some basic dumbbell exercises right now though. Should I be doing any strength exercises right now or just stick with cardio?
>>
>>42334150
500kcal deficit is a good idea wouldnt go any higher if i were you, dont be afraid to lower it (like 300-250kcal deficit if you feel progression slowing too much or losing too much muscle)
>>
3~5 hours eating only a minor snack will affect my gains if I ingest all necessary macros in like two major meals? is it worse than eating several smaller meals? second is not really an option for me
>>
>>42334474
sounds like intermittent fasting, its not optional for optimal muscle protein synthesis but IF is said to have other benefits like increased GH pulses in the 'starvation' periods etc which is scientifically backed

I dont like the idea of eating all my foods at once, simply because protein has a limited rate of absorption and even if you ate a diet with no fiber (in an attempt to slow the digestive process) you still wouldn't be able to utilise it all efficiently

in the end it will have some effect on your gains but it doesnt appear to be too much...
>>
I drink around a litre of whole milk a day with my whey and other meals. I'm planning to cut in a few days. Should I cut out the milk entirely or keep them because of their protons and cut something else?
>>
CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A GOOD 3 DAY FULL BODY ROUTINE FOR INTERMEDIATES AND ATHLETES HOLY SHIT
>>
>>42328665
>I'm too stupid and lazy to not go to bed early because I want to stay up watching anime and playing video games should I just skip gym for now until I stop doing that?

Imagine playing mental gymnastics this much to continue on with bad habits and avoid the gym.
>>
>>42334688
if cutting milk and replacing it with water for your shakes is the easiet way to a caloric deficit i dont see why not, doesnt matter the protein source really (although studies indicate that animal based proteins are more anabolic than plant based protein)

>>42334707
do alphadestinys one for a good variance in exercises/progressive overload (you have to buy it or find someone willing to share)

>>42334748
lifting aint for everyone
>>
File: download (2).png (107KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).png
107KB, 240x240px
how much water do you drink guys after taking creatine?
>>
>>42334823
steroids, not even once
>>
>>42334593
yea, because the thing is I leave home 7am and come back 6h30 pm. my breakfast is decent, but nothing big, and from then (around 6h45 am) to lunch I only eat like protein bar (not a 20g protein bar, more like 3g) or an apple or banana. my lunch is pretty fucking big though (around 11h~12h). after that, I only eat 4 pm, which is usually a sandwich with 3 slices of bread and I switch between peanut butter + jelly and 2~3 slices of turkey breast and 1~2 slices of cheese, and usually a banana or apple on top of that. after that I go home so its not a problem after that, so I don't know..
>>
How does one do/replace GOMAD if they're possibly lactose intolerant?

It runs in the family, I thought I was the only man on my father's side not to have it as I normally drink 2 glasses of milk a day, but after my 1st week of GOMAD I had terrible diarreah. (or is this normal/ill adapt to it)
>>
>>42333808
Damn, really?
>>
>>42335095
> (or is this normal/ill adapt to it)
You can possibly adapt to it, no guarantee though of course.
>>
>>42335095
Soy milk? Or some other kind of milk?
>>
>>42332365
>pic
Maybe this is bait, but that's caused by the fact that the closer you are to the surface of a sphere, the less of that surface you can see.
You can test this yourself if you have a globe or similar sphere.

I know this isn't relevant to this board or this thread, but the flat Earth meme really annoys me.
>>
>>42328569
Should i put accessories on madcow 5x5?
>>
Correct daily intake of sodium/potassium?

If I'm getting 1.5 cal a day, 3g sodium, and supplumenting 1g potassium a day, am I fine? No one lists potassium on their nutrition facts, so I'm just assuming 1g extra a day won't hurt. How on Earth am I supposed to actually get the right amount of potassium? Is it mainly just making sure I get enough at all?
>>
>>42330917
>surprisingly delicious
Faggot
>>
>can't keep back straight ever except during bench presses and OHPs

What do?
>>
>>42332177
Is it possible that some abs are ever so slighty pushing trough the fat in this pic? if i cut extremely without additional ab muscle mass will i get a six pack?
>>
File: bus driver.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bus driver.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>42328569
so i'v been working as a bus driver for the past 6 months and lately my back is starting to hurt. i go to the gym 4 times a week. 2 days cardio and 2 days weight training. should i start focusing more on my back? i hate having to sit down all day.
>>
I can't find a decent trainer and I need help. Is there some sort of registry? I have tried facebook, google searches and all the gyms in town (we have 4) with no luck.
>>
>>42328727
3500 cal is 1 lb of fat you stupid fuck.

Do you think burning 1 lb of fat and synthesizing 1lb of muscle is exactly the same?

Stop giving advice about shit you know nothing about.
>>
Are amino acids good or just a meme? Trying to get in better shape, and I just want a good answer
>>
>>42335861
Go to the most powerlifting-esque gym and make friends with everyone. They will help teach you and it will be fun.
>>
>>42335982
they don't like fatties there. A few of them said it. Females wouldn't talk to me either. I found a womans keys and tried communicating with her. She ignored me until I started shaking her own keys in her face to make eye contact with me. Switched gyms as I wasn't going for some reason.
>>
File: 1374195104608.jpg (220KB, 1760x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1374195104608.jpg
220KB, 1760x1181px
Already cum gurglers need some input, getting my life back on track, cleaned up my diet about 2 months ago and been doing some weights at home. Ready to get fit again.

Should I join the gym and start ppl or start taking muay thai classes? 5'11-215 builtfat
>>
>>42336414
until you post pics you're delutionalfat. Also, go to the gym, gym wins always
>>
>>42336608
>delutionalfat
kys
>>
>>42336689
sorry fatty, real life's real life. no matter how much you write im pretty on the mirror bf% is objective
>>
>>42336696
kys
>>
>>42334007
I have the same problem. If they stand out while looking from one side, you might just be skinny fat and not realize. Just lose about 20lbs of fat and you will notice your smaller asshole.
>>
>>42335095
Kefir milk helped me with my lactose intolerance.
It has lactose eating bacteria.
>>
>>42335950
Not sure what you're asking exactly. Protein is made from amino acids, and some of them we absolutely need (hence their name: essential amino acids). However, if you're asking whether it's good to supplement with branched chain amino acids (BCAA) or some other kind of amino acid supplement, the answer is no. Just get your protein and you'll get the amino acids you need automatically.
>>
>>42328622
fantastic way to lose a lot of muscle

do not change your training into some high intensity low volume shit when you cut, keep your volume the same for as long as possible, change nothing other than calories for as long as possible
>>
Hey, can anyone give me any good (preferably natural) recommendations on skin care? I have a dry face, a lot of skin flakes off of my forehead and eyebrows. I want to moisturize without making acne bad; give my skin some radiance.

Health/Fitness should be where I ask about these things, right?
>>
is there a ppl routine for chestlets?
>beginner
>65kg at 176cm
>DL 110kg with ease
>struggle a 40kg bench
just throw in Dips/cable stuff? My chest is absolutely horrible
>>
>>42337766
Do more pushing and flyes obvi
>>
>>42337773

this. if you want to improve a certain muscle group, add more volume for it.

and by volume, i mean more hard sets.
>>
>>42337766
Hit your chest 3 times a week, in the 1-5 rep range
>>
I go for a run at least 3 times a week, 'cause I really enjoy running. But I also like to lift weights. Which approach is more suitable for me: the bodybuilding or powerlifting way?
>>
>>42337773
>>42337845
what's with the current bench
I feel stupid deloading at such a low weight
even more so since basically any% of my max is just a few microplates away

will add more work otherwise
cable flys felt good
>>
>>42337766
A traditional PPL routine already has a high focus on chest work, bordering on too much actually. If you're not seeing results, chances are you need to work more on exercise execution or find an exercise variation that suits you better, rather than try to do more work than you're already doing.
>>
>>42337888
it's the bench
I have no idea why but whatever I try it just feels wrong
the powerlifting arche, wide arms, close arms etc
it's not even that it's hard to do my current weight I iust fatigue and that's it
can't continue after a certain point and feels unnatural to do the movement

also I go to a commercial gym where no one has a clue how benching form should actually look like so no help from there either
>>
>>42337878
Then just adopt a PHAT style approach and incorporate volume and power days. You wanna focus on becoming stronger first when you just started lifting

But yea, defo throw in dips. They worked wonders for me. Add weight as soon as you can do 10 reps
>>
>>42337916
I wish I just started lifting
sadly have been on it for a pretty long time but my partner was afraid of free weights, fucking gains goblin
now I lift alone and actually try to better myself

will follow your advice
thanks a lot
>>
Exercises that can be done with a broken knee?? I.e. no standing/leg movement whatsoever.
I've got sit-ups and dumbbells covered. Anything I'm missing?
>>
>>42337913
I'm sorry. Find a real gym if you can.
>>
File: Trapezius_animation_small2.gif (1MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Trapezius_animation_small2.gif
1MB, 320x320px
How to train middle and lower traps?
>>
Need some advice /fit/

>Pull down a 9/10 girlfriend when I played college football
>While she never cheated she was never a great girlfriend
>Sucked up my money, shat on my hobbies, ruined everything I liked but do so in a very low key way
>After 11 years I finally catch on and after weeks of fighting we break up
>Feeling super shitty for myself I kinda just shut myself off from females for months
>Somehow this random women I work with who is a 5/10 "at least shes not fat" chick starts talking to me about video games out of the blue
>Super fucking low level "I really like Mario" level shit mixed in with confused nonsense about Dark Souls
>Turns out she asked some of my work friends what I was into so she could talk to me since she liked me but didn't feel up to just asking me out
>Feeling just lonely enough to take this chick out, so end up asking her out, when I ask her she gives me this fucking look like I just gave her a billion dollars
>End up going on a few dates, she treats me really well, she listens to what I say, has me over her place and cooks/bakes for me
>When she is over she makes it a point to ask me about all the bullshit in my place, pushes me to tell her why I got this over that
>Been dating her for a few months now and she went from a chick I was seeing till I got over my oneitis to a chick I was falling for

Really not sure if i'm really into this chick or not. We are getting to the point that I are enough about her that I don't want to to hurt her yet im not sure if this is a real thing for me
>>
>>42337977
If you ever have a question how to train a muscle, follow the fiber direction. They always contract perpendicular to the direction they run, so do movements that would encourage contraction.
>>
>>42337985
Get her to lift and maybe a new hairdo or something.
>>
>>42337977
Any exercise where you retract your scapulae (pinch your shoulderblades together) will work the middle trapezius. Examples include most row variations as well as facepulls.

Any exercise where you work to raise your arms over head will work the lower trapezius. Examples include Y-raise aka. trap 3 raise, as well as overhead press variations. Also facepulls, actually.

>>42337989
>follow the fiber direction. They always contract perpendicular to the direction they run
Not always. Muscles can have different pennation angles. Looking at the muscle's origin and insertion point would be better advice.
>>
>>42338018
Thats a better way to word it. Find the origin and insertion. Move the insertion closer to the origin. The insertion is always the more "moveable" end of the muscle.
>>
>>42333694
bruh your abs look live theyve got a vag in between them.

im lucky im too builtfat to see mine. i always fear they'll come out as zipper-abs or vagina abs.
>>
so right now im currently around 10% bf and ive been cutting for about 5 months or so. im at the point where being at a deficit just feels shitty af for my mood and energy so ive stalled my cut and have been eating at maint for this past week and i feel so much better. the original goal was to get to 8% bf, be the leanest ive ever been, and then lean bulk to around 13-15% before i cut again (cuz fuck being fat). my question is should i suck it up and keep cutting since im already so close to my goal bf? or is that 2% not worth feeling like shit and i should just start my lean bulk now
>>
>>42338047
Zipper abs suck but really what's wrong with "vagina abs"? A clear linea alba is aesthetic as fuck
>>
>>42338052
Run maintenance for a while before resuming your cut. You'll probably find that those next two percent come easier after a period of eating more. Even if you're going to feel like shit, you'll probably regret it if quitting so close to your goal. Hit the 8%, then you can say fuck it if you want.
>>
>>42338055
idk man, youve got a pretty huge gap there. maybe gaining more core mass would fill it out?

desu good symmetry tho. better than zipper's for sure.
>>
Does chewing gum break the fast?
>>
>>42338367
http://www.glycemicindex.com/
>>
Is it possible to workout 7 days a week? I'm combining Germany Body Comp with Candito's Six Week program. Since Candito's program is arranged into an Upper Lower Split, I was thinking about doing GBC on off days. Would this be feasible? Is GBC a supplemental program a full fledged weight lifting routine? Can't really tell.
>>
File: fuck this guy.png (153KB, 250x394px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this guy.png
153KB, 250x394px
After tens of thousands of dollars, a year of suffering, causing myself stomach ulcers from excessive painkiller use, needless wrist surgery, missing out on a promotion due to bad work at the office, losing muh gains, and resorting to disgusting traditional medicine witchcraft, I found out THE TRUTH. What none of the neurologists could tell me.

Turns out finger tingling, hand numbness, arm weakness, and arm, neck, jaw and eye pain, are not caused by diabetes, heart attack, brain aneurysm, or any of the other scarecrows that I was stressed and lost sleep about.
It was caused by the fucking trap muscle being overworked, hard as stone, and crushing my nerve.

So yeah. Learn from my mistakes. None of the specialists that saw me even suggested any such thing. It was a wacko hipster doctor at a party that called it, and relief came within 10 days of stretching and resting it.
>>
How are some skinny fit Girls and shredded guys constantly eating Ben and Jerrys and stuff, added some extra choclate and put on some m and ms for good measure. Several days a Week. Fuck that. And im Not talking about famous instagram atheltes.
>>
>>42328569
So do you guys always think you are skinny af or does there come a time where you actually see you are muscular?

friends say i gained a lot and can see i am getting big, but to me it just feels like it looks like i just have the slightest gain like the pump after working out.

i have been lifting 5 days a week for 6 months
>>
>>42331462
>idols
>plural
Every single one of those pictures is of Taylor Swift. Which is even weirder.
>>
>>42338518
>lifting 5 days a week
for what purpose
2-3 times per week is plenty
>>
>>42338546
For a beginner like you. You stop making gains at just 3 times a week eventually and you have to increase the volume to 4-5 times a week.
>>
>>42338388
thank you.
>>
>>42328569
Will the side effects of sleeping pills fuck my gains up worse than lack of sleep? can't get more than 5 hours a night, usually pass out some time around 4 and miss my 8am lectures. Been going on for about 2 weeks now, idk the cause, and started shaking and twitching.

Tl;dr are sleeping pills ok if I cant sleep
>>
>>42333523
>>42328825
>PPL isnt optimal because of this bla bla
that's why you do one heavy lift per session, and you do it first, the other is "volume"
>>
>>42328825
>>42338720
This.
Personally on push days, on my 6 day ppl first push day I do barbell ohp and dumbell bench, second I do barbell flat bench and then shoulder/arnold press. That way I get my heavy compound 5x5 lift out of the way first, and then rep lighter dumbell weights for volume.
>>
File: Screenshot_165.jpg (90KB, 788x680px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_165.jpg
90KB, 788x680px
>>42335095
>GOMAD

Whey with casein.

>calories
Flaxseed oil.
>>
>>42334206
>strength exercises
Yes.
>>
File: sol_esn_nitrobcaa4_1.jpg (16KB, 423x497px) Image search: [Google]
sol_esn_nitrobcaa4_1.jpg
16KB, 423x497px
Are bcaas a meme? Thinking about ordering some, currently cutting, about 5 kilos still to go.
>>
>>42339019
Everything other than eating healthy and working out regularly is a meme.
>>
File: 3fECANZ-2-1.jpg (104KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
3fECANZ-2-1.jpg
104KB, 960x960px
>>42328569
please help

I'm moving out and am trying to make a meal plan that results in mass gain (currently 6'3 150lbs) I'm basically just adding a lot of meat (chicken, fish & mince), carbs (rice, potatoes & bread), nuts and veggies. Any other group of foods I should add? How often should I be taking additional protein?

I'm starting SS as my workout and was also wondering if doing some exercise outside gym such as pushups, core holds and lunges for the sake of getting better at them will be detrimental?
>>
>>42339063
Olive oil

Find an online calorie counter, helps at start with macroes and calories. After a month or two you remember most foods by heart and then you wont need it anymore, at least only quite rarely.

Use olive oil in cooking and in salads. Take your fish oils as well. The sticky should have some good info pics etc, check out this one as well. http://imgur.com/a/5nbmA
You need additional protein (powder) as your diet so requires; if you get enough protein from normal food already then you dont need any, if not, then you do. Check what you eat. It is also a super easy snack to take to work etc, so that is another reason why whey is a good product to get. Its protein quality is also high.

You didnt really include veggies, get em. Buy frozen combinations of broccoli and other veggies, put them in a pan with olive oil and chicken and then just eat it
>>
>>42337688
Ahh that's what I needed. Thank you for answering me friend
>>
>>42339093
thank you very much for the answer, exactly the sort of info I was looking for. Ill have a look through the imgur album asap
>>
i spranged? sprunged? i had an ankle injury early this year and now when i run it gets kinda sore still are their any exercises i can do to strengthen my ankle back up? most things i find online want me to buy some fruity scarf. i aint purchasing shit.
>>
>>42336030

>Pick up some keys
>Know who they belong to, therefore not lost
>Hide keys behind back
>Trump card, baby
>Game strong. I can do this.
>Randomly start chatting up keys female owner
>She is not talking to me
>We're in a gym and she's not chatting up stranger fat men
>Filthy whore
>Furiously shake keys in front of her face
>Only then does she make eye contact
>Hand her keys and run away
>Never go back to that gym
>They don't like fatties
>>
what do I do when I can't feel my biceps when doing curls
same goes for lats and tiddies
the only muscles I feel I can 'activate' and squeeze are my abs, tris, lower back, glutes and legs while in the gym
>>
File: 1480790382245.jpg (13KB, 271x271px) Image search: [Google]
1480790382245.jpg
13KB, 271x271px
How the FUCK do I eat 1-1.2g of protein per lbs of bodyweight? I literally only eat eggs, cheese, tomatoes and chicken. Snack on fruits and milk. I can barely hit 100-110g a day when I need to be eating MINUMUM 150g. I don't have money for whey protein, I'm broke as hell.
>>
>>42339063
Flaxseed oil for Omega 3s.

Whey with casein (>>42329252).
>>
>>42339257
>doesn't have money for whey
>has money for cheese and chicken
pick one and only one
>>
is it possible that my hands are simply too small for hook grip? i'm an absolute handlet
>>
>>42339019
are you working out fasted or doing fasted cardio? if so then definitely take some beforehand

if not then they're not worth the money
>>
>>42338975
protein like this still has like 1g of lactose per serving. If you're actually lactose intolerant then you're better off with chicken as your main protein source or if you really want protein powder then hemp protein (don't fall for the pea protein meme, it's cheap but has a terrible amino acid profile)
>>
>>42339193
>are their any exercises i can do to strengthen my ankle
Single leg deadlifts, hip airplanes, single leg kettlebell swaps.
Gradually build up your running volume. Start low time/distance/speed, and only once you tolerate that, slowly increase.

>>42339255
>biceps, curls
Try to make the space between your wrist and shoulder as little as possible in the top of the movement. Literally try to squash your biceps between your upper arm and your forearm.

>lats, db rows
Instead of pulling the weight up, SWING it back towards your hips. Make no effort to even bend the elbow (it will bend anyway because the weight is pulling it down, as you should make no effort to keep it straight either). See how far you can swing back the weight. It sounds like cheating but it's really not if all the motion is coming from the shoulder, and not because you're jerking your body up and down.

>pecs, ring push-up
As you push yourself up, make sure you push yourself as far away from the floor as possible. At the same time, move your hands inwards - try to make your biceps kiss eachother.

For all exercises: do high reps 15+ and pick a weight that allows you to hold the peak contraction for a whole second.
These exercises will teach you to feel those muscles.

>>42339386
I've seen tiny weightlifters use the hook grip succesfully, but there's no doubt it becomes harder with smaller hands.
>>
>>42339395
Im doing intermitted fasting and sometimes workout fasted and try to do at least 2 fasted cardio sessions (roadbike) a week. Might try bcaas but they are kinda expensive imo.
>>
Any tip on getting a rounder biceps? My biceps looks fine from the outside of the arm but if i flex the inner part doesnt seem to bulge out as much as id like. Noticed it when comparing arms with a coworker who just casually works out. What I am doing for arms: pull ups, chin ups 3-4 times a week and once a week a bicep curl tricep superset.
>>
>>42339482
when doing biceps curls do them with a faster speed and bit of a 'swing'

doing them slow and contracting activates the briachlis more, doing them with a bit of a 'cheat' activates the biceps more
>>
>>42339507
I've seen the study that I think you're referring to, and I think you're misinterpreting it. Yes, going intentionally slow seems to increase brachialis activity. That does not in any way mean that using momentum will increase biceps activity. On the contrary.

Better advice for increase biceps activity would be to take a offset grip and focus on supinating in the top, and/or do incline curls.
>>
>>42328832
That means you're fucking jumping at the botttom and not actually doing any pullups. Start by doing negatives and then transition in to normal pullups.
>>
>>42328679
just try to eat around your maintenance for a couple of weeks between bulking and cutting.

Does this matter that much? really couldn't tell you but Lyle McDonald's book says to do it so here I am telling you too
>>
>>42339613
this.
>>
>>42339323

I spend all my money on cheese and chicken thus leaving me with none for whey
>>
File: 1487387488791.jpg (34KB, 314x378px) Image search: [Google]
1487387488791.jpg
34KB, 314x378px
How do I fix my posture? Hips tilt and my ass juts out.
>>
>>42339437
anon here that doesn't feel his muscles
Thank you so much for such a figurative explanation!
will try the things you told me to
My gym doesn't have rings tho
is doing push ups on sliding books etc also fine?
>>
>>42339639
>Does this matter that much?

how much I gain per week? well yeah since I would like to properly track this and for some reason we don't really see small changes in the mirror, I remember on my cut being disappointed with it and suddendly I'm looking better and better
>>
>>42339808
Stretch, conscious effort, sitting less, exercising affected muscle areas.

I have the same problem lad. Everyone always says about rounding the back, but my issue is my lower back curving inwards as my lordosis ass pops out under heavier weights.
>>
>>42337724
Skincare is on /fa/
>>
>>42333040
Not enough volume.
do GZCLP
Absolute madman gains
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.