[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I build my strength so I can do dips ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: koreanfitnessmodel.png (303KB, 1198x719px) Image search: [Google]
koreanfitnessmodel.png
303KB, 1198x719px
Novice lifter here. I've tried to do dips but I can only do two before ending

are them some exercise I can use to work up to doing the dips?
>>
>>42322950
basic progression for dips goes like
negatives->bodyweight->weighted

so just do negatives after your 2 reps of bodyweight until you can do more bodyweight dips
>>
>>42322950
Push ups, bench dips with feet and different levels, weighted bench dips, machine assisted dips.
>>
>>42322995
bench dips barely have any carryover to pbar/ring dips
>>
>>42322950
Anecdotal, but assited dips helped me more than doing negatives.
Also, remember to keep your elbows in and don't lean to far forward.
>>
>>42323022
What retarded site did you read that from?
>>
>>42322950
Just keep focusing on your bench variations and the strength will come. I'd especially recommend DB bench and focus on getting that nice stretch right at the bottom of the motion.

Just keep doing a little set of dips at the end of every other workout. Progress will come.
>>
What do I do if my sternum explodes when I try to dip?
>>
>>42324219
I felt pressure there when I started.
It goes away pretty quick, but I feel it a little if I go hard with dips.
>>
>>42322950
Do a lot of push-ups and you should be able to do a decent amount of them after a while. I used to be at the same place as you but after a couple of months of 100 push-ups a day I'm able to knock a lot of them out no problem. Just stick to something to get your arms/chest in check and you'll be golden in no time.
>>
>>42324219
try to keep your elbows tucked, flared elbows put a lot of pressure on the sternum
>>
>>42322950
Pic related
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.