[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I lift for 5 months and still cant do 1 pullup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Iqs8hw0.jpg (29KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
Iqs8hw0.jpg
29KB, 400x386px
>tfw I lift for 5 months and still cant do 1 pullup
>>
>>42322811
t: fatty
>>
>>42322811
then train to do pullups jesus christ
>>
>>42322826
This. I focused on learning pull ups for a month when I started working out this January since I had never been able to do one in my life and now I do them with a 35 pound weight.
>>
File: 1493920345550.jpg (40KB, 533x600px)
1493920345550.jpg
40KB, 533x600px
>>42322811
>Get to 1 pull up, 1 dip
>Get tennis elbow
>>
>>42322811
You aren't doing it right.
I was in the same position. I can do sets of 3 now.
If you're at a gym, use a chin-up/dip assist machine, or use lat pull-downs and something for biceps, BUT that can get you complacent.
Look up the Scooby method, you're working with your full body weight the whole time.

Also, cut.
>>
>>42323292
take a break eat some steak
>>
>>42322811
>tfw I "lift" for 5 months and still cant do 1 pullup

Fixed for you, lad
>>
>>42323296
>6'3 200lb weakling
>pull up assist for a month doing drop sets
>could barely do one at 130lb assist
>can do 5 at 85lb assist a month later

Progress is so slow but eventually I'm gonna make it. Any other tips?
>>
>>42323323
drop the machine, start doing leg assists until you can do negatives.
>>
try lifting yourself
>>
Dude even 2 year olds can do pull-ups, fucking disgraceful.
>>
>>42323323
Just stop this shit.After 6 months I was able to do 5-6 with 22lbs wich is not a lot but cmon what are you doing at the gym.

And this is coming from someone that has been sitting in a chair playing vidya all day for the majority of my life.

Do some deadlifts,my best advice.I was embarassed and didnt use the assistance thing in the pull up station so I dont think you really nees it.

Also try using the lat pull down machine,it might help.

Last note:eat,dont get fat as fuck but eat man
>>
>>42322811
You're using both arms right, anon?
>>
>>42323457
I'm doing SL 5x5. At it for a month. Worked out a few years ago but became trex mode. I thought pull ups would be a good full body for arms but I can't do a full one yet.
>>
wide grip pull ups are hard.

do close grip chinups, or close grip neutral chinups.

buy a cheap pullupbar from walmart, its like 30 bucks, hang it in your room. Every other day, use a chair to get yourself in the top position, then hold it for as long as you can. Once you can hold it for 30 seconds, start lowering yourself as slowly as possible. Training negatives will help you get strong lats. Be warned your lats and biceps will be painfully sore for the first few days/weeks you do this.

once you can do the negatives properly, and you have developed some strength, you are gonna try and pull yourself up to the bar. Don't worry too much about form at this point, use your legs to help you get through sticking points. If you can't get your chin up to the bar that is fine, just try and pull yourself up as far as possible. Do this for as many reps as you want, then finish off with the negatives, using the chair to get yourself in the top position.

do this for 4-6 weeks and you will be strong enough to do pullups. latpulldowns/rows will help, but not as much as actually doing pullups.

get the pullup bar anon.
>>
>>42323457
>but cmon what are u doing at the gym i just check to see.. I can do 8 with 21lb however i weigh 175lb..
>>
>>42323323
Don't listen to ( >>42323457 )
You're making progress, and one month isn't very long.

SL is a t-rex program, so just do a vertical pull every workout. You can do machine assisted, negatives, or lat pulldowns. Take it seriously and try to progress just like your other lifts.

I'm surprised you are so weak in this lift though 6'3'' @200lbs isn't that fat.

Try doing as many unassisted as you can even if it's only 1 or 2. Then do your vertical pull of choice.

When I started I would do 3 sets of 2 or 3, then lat pulldown for 3 sets afterwords.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.