[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend a good entry level bench?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: my back would hang off of this.jpg (233KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
my back would hang off of this.jpg
233KB, 2000x2000px
I am currently too weak to be working out in public, so i have decided to get a bench to make the beginning gains in the comfort of my home. However, i'm 6'4 and all the entry level models i find online in the 100 dollar range (based on reviews) appear to be for sub 6' manlets. Can someone recommend a good entry level bench/weight set for someone who is tall?
>>
>>42321249
>I'm too weak to lift in public
Buy a metal bar. Yeah, literally a metal bar.

Have fun!
>>
>>42321249
No one cares what weight you're working with.
Everyone starts somewhere, you'll make it bruh
>>
>>42321265
I already have a school nearby that has a bar for chinups, I visit at night. I'm specifically looking for a bench set, not just for the privacy, but also so i have less excuses to not work out.
>>
>>42321305
You won't do it.
Home gyms are for people with experience and motivation.
Right now you don't any of them. You need to go to the gym with people to see how shit is done, mirin (no homo) and to get yourself into the compromise of going everyday.

Buy whatever you want but don't blame us when the only thing that goes fit is your wallet
>>
File: 1494295863676.jpg (29KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
1494295863676.jpg
29KB, 468x240px
Pushups with the floor is a good bench to start with

Or this Walmart one. It actually is pretty damn good quality.

Or craigslist would be your best bet to snag a deal on a bench and an Olympic set

Or you can out your legs over your head and jerk off into your face. That works too.
>>
>>42321454
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-XRS-20-Olympic-Workout-Bench-and-Rack/5280822

Link for autism
>>
>>42321249
All you need is your body and a BB. With those, you do all the compound exercises, bodyweight exercises, and a good portion of the accessory workouts.

>>42321496
>>42321454
What this answer recommended. The Gold's Gym bench is a really good versatile beginner's bench that you can get for cheap. The rack hold's 300 and the bench supports 700 so it should last you to intermediate level; when you surpass that just sell it and buy a better one (The leg extension and bicep curler are just pointless addons). I bought it for my brother who's 6'2'' so it should be fine for your height.
>>
>>42321454
>>42321496
>>42321569
Good advice, fucken saved.
>>
>>42321249
You need a power cage so you don't hurt yourself
>>
>>42321249
Buy a 2x4 and lay it across two piles of books. When you're lifting heavier get another 2x4 and lay it on top for stronger support.
>>
>>42322053
Oh, forgot to say, start every set by cleaning the bar up to an OHP starting position, then sitting on the bench, then lying backward slowly, either extending your arms as you lay back until you're fully supine with arms extended ready to rock. Or just lie back with the bar on your chest and do the first rep from bottom position.
Finish the set with a roll of shame.
You could get very fucking strong without buying an overpriced bench and rack on my advice. In fact you don't need anything but a bar and plates to get swole. Go be an animal bro.
>>
>>42321249
I started with something similar to the OP pic, I got it from Sears for $120, they're really flimsy and weak, but a decent start, but I am 5'9. Currently Walmart is selling a bench and rack separate for like $250 If you buy it together, it's way bigger than the $100 stuff, but doesn't come with a bar or plates, by they do sell them there tho.
>>
>>42321249
>too weak to be working out in public
that's stupid, we were all weak when we started. who cares?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.