[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Somatotypes are retarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: bodytypes.jpg (52KB, 680x472px) Image search: [Google]
bodytypes.jpg
52KB, 680x472px
Why the fuck do people feel the need to mix the tons of genetic factors such as skeletal structure, height, wrist size, overall skeletal frame and width from shoulder to shoulder with loads of heavily influencable attributes such as muscle mass, fat percentage and """metabolism""" (also known as calorie needs per day which drastically changes based on bodyfat and muscle mass) and straight up how heavy you are (also incredibly influencable) into this cesspool of shit called the "somatotypes"?

I especially dislike the "endomorph" one. That's just the frame of a "mesomorph" but with too much fat. Okay, some people gain muscle faster than others, but how the fuck is fat percentage even related to "bodytype"? If you have the exact same skeletal structure and height as a ripped dude, and you ended up with a similar bodyfat and weight plus trained exacly like them, your ""metabolism"" would be VERY similar to them.

It feels like this is just an excuse weak willed lanklets or fatties use to devalue the work of people who actually work out down to "its just genetics", and try and justify their own shitty body by saying "im just like this cause genetics, cant change that"

Even if you look at the "ectomorph", you'd find that if they had an FFMI of like 25 they'd STILL be considered a "mesomorph".

The whole creation of this crappy pseudo-science shit is just a joke.
>>
>>42320915
Simple, people like to blame the fact that they're fat, skinny, or whatever on a perceived unchangeable trait instead of their lack of discipline. So yeah, you're right.
>>
>>42320915
The only people who believe the whole somatype thing are newfags and people who want an excuse
>>
>>42320915
Yeah sure you fag
>been an ectomorph since puberty
>eat as much as i can every day
>work out 5 times a week for over a year
>felt stronger for the first 2 months, after that nothing changed at all
I'm just not made to be big and strong, it's impossible for me. You mesomorphs should be thankful yorur genetics made you so strong.
>>
>>42321138
Okay mr special, what have you eaten today then?
>>
>>42321190
Well i never eat breakfast, just one of those guys that arent ever hungry in the mornings you know? For lunch i ate 4 slices of bread with cheese, and then i ate as much dinner as possible, i almost puked.
>>
>>42321214
>eat till i puked
Sure you did twiggy
>>
>>42321263
I don't think you get it. People like him think that a third of a pie is like 2500 calories and spends 2 hours eating it.
>>
>>42321286
Cant wait till he mentions his abnormally high metabolism
>>
>>42321295
cant wait till you get FREE muscles from your genes
>>
>>42321138
rATTLE RATTLE EAT MORE CATTLE

by which i mean, count calories you simpleminded fuck
>>
>>42321536
dont think i havent tried that? i put in the amounts i ate, usually really god damn huge amounts cause i ate till i almost puked EVERY TIME, and i STILL never gained weight. im just ecto, so im doomed to be skinny forever. you're just lucky you were born meso and have muscles
>>
>>42321578
Did you calculate TDEE on a website, factor in daily activity, and add 500 calories to be sure you're above maintenance?
>>
>>42321601
well duh, i probably ate like a kilo of pasta one day, but i actually LOST a pound that week. i'm DOOMED to be a boney fucking mess my whole life thanks to my ectomorph bodytype that i have. i wish i was born a mesomorph.
>>
File: pepe_meme'd.jpg (141KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_meme'd.jpg
141KB, 803x688px
>>42321138
How much calories were you eating?

>what is a calorie?

Oh...
>>
>>42321633
lmao u wouldnt be saying that if you had to actually work for ur muscles and didnt get them for free.

i ate and worked out as much as i could for a whole year and i actually LOST 2 pounds that year
>>
>>42321657
stfu and eat a burger you skinny fuck
>>
>>42321726
fuck off you fat endomorph
>>
>>42321138
>"I don't count my calories"
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.