[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've had enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: SFlo73h.jpg (120KB, 1118x1280px) Image search: [Google]
SFlo73h.jpg
120KB, 1118x1280px
I've been overweight or obese since 12 and today, after having been laughed at at supermarket, I decided I've had enough.

Some info about me
>22 y.o.
>working each day 10-6, alarm set for 9, going to bed at 2 AM
>112kg atm (246 lbs in freedom units)
>186cm (6"1')
>walk around 4km every day
>have some muscle, I lifted for 2 months at the beginning of this year and also a few months in previous years
>eat quite normally, bun/roll (not from english speaking country, so not sure what to call it) with ham and butter for breakfast, something in restaurant for lunch and then something small for dinner, nothing else
>drink basically just water, minimal amount of soft drinks (around 0.3l per day at most)

My goal is to lose weight, at this point I don't care about muscles. Ideally, I'd like to get to 90kg (200 lbs), or at least under 100kg (220lbs). However, I'm not sure what to do.
Could someone give me a pointer in the right direction?

Should I start running in the morning? Eat less? Hit the gym and build muscle (transforming it from fat)? All at once? Keep in mind I am commuting or working from 9 AM till 7 PM and I'd like to get 6+ hours of sleep, so that leaves me with less than 7 hours of free time.

In the past, I have tried a few approaches, all of them failed. In gym, I wasn't losing any weight (quite the opposite, gaining it) so I stopped and I also tried reducing my food intake which helped but veeery slowly (losing 0.5kg over a month).
>>
>>42320081
Just go vegan
>>
File: me.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
also, pic related, it's me, to get some sense of how overweight I am
>>
>Could someone give me a pointer in the right direction?

did you happen to miss the post with big block letters and the dinosaur running around back and forth at the very top of the page
>>
>>42320131
Will it help? I like meat quite a lot, I usually eat it for lunch (beef, pork, chicken) - grilled or cooked, but I can try switching to salad if it brings results

>>42320198
No, I read it, I also read numerous articles I googled, but each source mentions something else and it's quite generic... I would appreciate some advice based on my current status
Also, I forgot to mention, I drink quite a lot, does it matter that much? Usually I get hammered each weekend (~8 beers) and during week, I consume another 10 beers or so
>>
>>42320225
yeah drinking alchohol and soda will wreck your chances of getting fit. Its all empty calories and your won't feel anywhere near as full if you drink your calories rather than eat them, so you'll end up consuming more calories than you should. I would advise ceasing to drink anything but water
>>
you've failed even before you've started which is evident by you making this thread
>>
>>42320580
I will try that, thanks

>>42320665
I think I have failed as soon as I started browsing 4chan at all a few years ago, but thanks for the encouragement anon
>>
File: 1481255259441.jpg (1MB, 2211x2699px) Image search: [Google]
1481255259441.jpg
1MB, 2211x2699px
>>42320081
read the stcky XD

also stop using /fit/ as your personal blog and actually do shit before posting you disgusting fat lard
>>
File: IMG_0047.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0047.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>42320081
>>42320168

Congratulations OP, you've overcome the first major obstacle in getting fit. That is you recognize you have a health problem and you want to do something about it. USE YOUR FRUSTRATION AS FUEL

Use this link to calculate your TDEE

>https://tdeecalculator.net

You want to lose weight, that means you need to eat less than it takes for your body to maintain itself to where it needs to draw from stored fat to perform everyday functions.

Lift weights, start small with something you can handle, practice proper form and if you get to a point to where you are completing your exercises easily you need to push yourself harder next time.

ITS NOT ABOUT MOTIVATION, ITS ABOUT DICIPLINE
>>
>>42320665
>>42320676
I'll elaborate for this anon. You made this thread to get the small amount of validation that comes with thinking you're going to change anything. The fact that you're here instead of at the gym is proof enough of that fact.

Come back when you've actually made an effort you fat shit.
>>
>>42320081
Get MyFitnessPal on your phone and start recording EVERY SINGLE CALORIE you eat. No more processed or junk food, especially soda. Exercise frequently. If you have the willpower to do all this for a while, then I can guarantee you will lose weight.
>>
>>42320718
I've read about this and I tried it but I haven't seen any noticeable results..maybe I haven't tried for long enough though

>>42320787
I have made effort, several times in past, I explained this in OP, but I wasn't sure if I did it right

>>42320834
also tried that, but the major issue is that almost every food I eat is not common in english speaking countries, so it's very difficult looking it up and quite a lot of meals aren't there at all so I have to estimate the closest food...which isn't very accurate and takes a lot of time
>>
>>42320081
Walk is not exercising
You have not muscle, it's your fat being shaped like them and turning into a living thing.
And I didn't read the rest of the post so I don't care
>>
>>42320198
kek
>>
>>42320081
Calculate your tdee, subtract 500 kcal and start counting calories, that's all you need to do. Don't worry about going vegan or fad diets, calories are calories, if it makes sticking to your diet harder its useless. Most sources of protein are also very filling for the amount of calories they contain so try to choose them when you can. Cut out eating out if possible and your drinking habit is a problem for weight loss. Don't sacrifice social gains though, you will be miserable and give up. Switch to hard liquor no mixer and look up calorie counts if you have to eat out.
>>
>>42320081
>cut calories meme
Look OP, a lot of these fucking people look at someone who is fat like they just need a brief cut to lose 5lbs between bulks except extended to 50 lbs... when you and I both know it isn't that easy. The Yo-Yo of that shit isn't fun. Truth is you have chronic hormonal imbalances that need to be addressed without sabotaging your metabolism. There are ways to do this without drugs and supplements. Do yourself a favor and watch this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.