[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize how extremely bad for your health added sugar is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: opmlfimb1.jpg (22KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
opmlfimb1.jpg
22KB, 375x375px
When did you realize how extremely bad for your health added sugar is?
>>
>>42313115
December 2016
I went for a week with no sugar because I was bored and needed a challenge. Legit felt great so I read up on the literature. Now I've cut down almost every sugary thing from my diet except the rare pinch of sugar in my chai.

>tell parents to reduce sugar intake
>they call me a hipster and laugh in my face

I just want them to live healthier :(
>>
>>42313156
I was eating about 150g per day at 135lbs. I'd drive to the grocery store just to buy some more like some fucking addict. It felt weird.
>>
>>42313226
Yeesh sounds tough. How did you break the cycle?
>>
>>42313259
I didn't.
>>
>>42313115
When I received an elementary school education
>>
>>42313323
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tWC5qtfby4
>>
>>42313115
Idk, wasn't really a specific moment but ever since I started cutting 3 months ago I just try to have good meals that fit my calories and also try to avoid anything with a lot of sugar. I probably eat less than 20g a day I think, maybe even 15 (depends what I have). Or maybe that's in actual sugar and not added, I don't really eat any candy or things like that,
>>
>>42313115
When did you realize changing your diet is a meme?
>started out eating clean af
>limiting saturated fat and sugar, no fast food lots of fiber and 1g protein/lb
>feel great and make gains
>said fuck it, increased satfat cause I like steak and shit
>still feel great and make gains
>next increase sugar intake because I fucking love chocolate and cookies
>go full retard mode with diet, reduce protein intake to 0.6-0.8g protein/lb so I can eat more shit, don't pay attention to fiber anymore, literally eat 80% of my carbs in sugar on some days and copious amounts of saturated fat
>...
>>
File: 1500715723761.jpg (144KB, 960x762px) Image search: [Google]
1500715723761.jpg
144KB, 960x762px
>>42313115
>>
File: 1500716193340.jpg (177KB, 848x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500716193340.jpg
177KB, 848x600px
>>
>>42313115

I heard some stuff about how it really fucks up the bacteria in your gut eventually leading to clogging of arteries and such. Sounds pretty bad.
>>
>>42314741
>Filthy Frank

Speaking of elementary school...
>>
>>42313115
I realized just how easy it is to get a bunch of calories from liquid so I stopped drinking milk regularly (not shitting on milk either, it's delicious stuff with good macros but the calories add up super fast since I love to drink big cups, also I guess this is related because lactose is technically a sugar) and then cut out sodas n shit after. It was super easy for me too, I used to be overweight but I'm in the green zone now. I read stories all the time about how people find it so hard to stop drinking shit like Coke when all I had to do was just "stop". No cravings or anything, and I drank it occasionally too so it makes me wonder how much trash these people were consuming on the regular to get legitimately hooked.
>>
File: 1490517464579.gif (447KB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
1490517464579.gif
447KB, 245x175px
>>42315258
>no sources cited
Literally on the level of Occupy Democrats.
>facebook
>>
>>42315263

The ketchup one. Cube of sugar for the entire bottle or for that little diner serving? I'm guessing it's the latter. Why the fuck would there be so much sugar? It would mean ketchup is basically sugar, water and some spices.
>>
>>42315429
just use tomato paste tastes the same but has no sugar , atleast the good brands
>>
>>42315429
Because ketchup IS basically sugar, it tastes sweet and ruins any food you pour it on.
>>
>>42313115
After being lectured on it at 14, but I started to restricted it and then started restricting other things obsessively until it turned into a full-blown ED within 2 years. feelsbadman
>>
So why is it bad to have "added" sugars but the exact same sugar molecules are totally fine when they're from like fruit/milk etc?
>>
Sugar is bad for you if the only workout you do is 3x5 stand ups with 5 minutes of rest in between them only 3x a week with the rest of the time just sitting at the computer
>>
>>42317847
The fuck did you do to get ED? What else were you cutting out?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.