[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

legs always super shaky when it's time to squat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2707.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2707.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
hi friends! :)

so i'm doing strong curves and the butt gains are fucking amazing so far. but i do want leg gains too! routine is:

A1: A1: Barbell hip thrusts 3x 8-12
A2: Pull ups 3x 3
B1: Barbell box squats 3x 5-8
B2: Barbell floor press 3x 6
Deadlift 3x 6-10
Band seated abduction 2x 10
Hanging leg raise -OR- ab wheel 1x 8-20
Dumbbell side bend 1x 15-30

so really squats only come after hip thrusts when considering just the lower body, but i only increase hip thrust weight when i get to 12 reps which is always kind of a struggle because i'm like right there on the line of being able to do it or not. this fucking kills my glutes first thing, and when i get to the squats i'm way shaky and my squats are always lagging at least 10lbs behind my hip thrusts. is it normal to be able to hip thrust more weight than i can squat? i increase squat weight when i can do 8 reps with good form.

are my rep ranges all okay? is there something i could be doing differently to get more leg gains (aesthetics) without sacrificing the glorious glute gains? i'm also thinking i can maybe squat more than what i do but feel scared that i'll drop the weight or not be able to get back up or something. legs get SUPER shaky and like it's HARD WORK getting back up from the bottom of a squat. idk.

deadlift ranges good too? for aesthetics ++mass not strength or any other nonsense.

okay thanks guys you're the best <333
>>
>okay thanks guys you're the best <333

couldnt make it more obvious that you are larping
>>
File: lolrepublicans.jpg (58KB, 480x522px) Image search: [Google]
lolrepublicans.jpg
58KB, 480x522px
>>42312447
so larping. do you mean i'm pretending to be a cute and lovable transgirl, or are you suggesting that being trans in general is akin to nerdy live action roleplay? meaning of course that my identity is illegitimate.

either way lol go away you suck :)
>>
>i'm also thinking i can maybe squat more than what i do but feel scared that i'll drop the weight or not be able to get back up or something
idgi is there a reason you can't squat in a rack
>>
File: IMG_2629.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2629.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>42312480
oh i do homegym. it's been awesome but like i don't have much of a safety net lol. here's my setup. not the best pic but yeah
>>
Sounds like a symptom of Fuller-Rippestar Syndrome, a neurological disorder. Don't Mean to scare you, but see a doctor. Neuron fallout is no joke, if that's what's going on
>>
File: bridge.jpg (2MB, 4300x2566px) Image search: [Google]
bridge.jpg
2MB, 4300x2566px
>>42312777
what?
>>
>>42312843
No barbell pad for that?
>>
>>42312503
the pegs parallel to the floor are safeties. set them just below where you bottom out, move the rack back from the wall enough that you can squat just behind the rack. if you can't make a rep, take a knee, lean forward, and let the bar drop on them. aside from the obvious reason, it is much better to not have to worry about the consequences of failing a set so you can focus completely on doing the work

>>42312447
speaking as a tranny myself it is not uncommon for mtfs to affect that posting/speaking style because they think being a woman means acting cute and retarded. the smart ones grow out of it in time
>>
>>42312503
Maybe post a squat form check video?
>>
File: ican.png (20KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
ican.png
20KB, 500x282px
>>42312898
i haven't bought one yet. will next paycheck. so far it doesn't seem absolutely necessary but it kinda does fuck up my hip bones lol

>>42312906
>the pegs parallel to the floor are safeties. set them just below where you bottom out, move the rack back from the wall enough that you can squat just behind the rack. if you can't make a rep, take a knee, lean forward, and let the bar drop on them. aside from the obvious reason, it is much better to not have to worry about the consequences of failing a set so you can focus completely on doing the work
oh that's what those things are for? i thought they were for bench presses or deadlifts or w/e. they're really not very long, and so close to the ground. think i'd be afraid of the bar missing them. guess i'll try to figure out how to position things though. thanks! :)

>>42312950
ohh that's a good idea! i'll try to remember to take a video when i lift again on sunday :)
>>
>>42313038
it's hard to tell from the picture but it looks like they have knobs on the side? I'd assume (never used a rack like this) loosening them allows you to adjust the height. they'd also be used for benching if that were the case, since they'd have to be much higher for that purpose

they are very short yea, but the idea is to let the bar touch the uprights first, then set it down. same concept if you're racking on J-hooks, you don't want to have to worry about missing by trying to do it in one motion rather than two
>>
If youre going just for aethetics Id say stick to the routine and keep killing the glutes. Hip thrusts hit the glutes harder than squats do
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.