[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about how overrated this guy is >specializes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4566.jpg (145KB, 1200x740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4566.jpg
145KB, 1200x740px
Can we talk about how overrated this guy is
>specializes in novice training aka specializes in training people who will make gains on even the shittiest bro-split
>his routine is just the shitiest version of a training style that has been around for decades
>never trained anyone of renown

So here's the thing about SS. You will get stronger doing it, but you will NOT look good. You'll be a trex with stooped ass shoulders. And this critique is always met with something like this "well we're not trying to be pretty, we're trying to get strong" (also sprinkle in some passive aggressive insults to your masculinity)

But here's the thing: almost any full body compound based routine will get you just as strong if not stronger, because most other routines don't skip out on fucking half of your upper body. At the same time you will be 10x more aesthetic. Anyone who says they don't want to look good naked is full of shit. If you want to be weirdly disproportioned and have shoulder issues, follow his advice. If you want to be actually functionally strong and fit, follow the advice of literally any other well known strength coach
>>
>>42312072
yeah its known already, SS/SL craze is so 2012 dude now stfu
>>
File: 1495704717076.png (153KB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
1495704717076.png
153KB, 400x243px
>>42312072
>specializes in novice training
>never trained anyone of renown
Gee I wonder why

>You will get stronger doing it, but you will NOT look good.
Within the 6-12 months required to complete the program, no program would ever make you look "good." Good entails at least 2 years of dedicated lifting. Programs that tell you, you'll get results quicker are lying.

>You'll be a trex with stooped ass shoulders.
>implying large legs aren't aesthetic

>most other routines don't skip out on fucking half of your upper body
Are we talking about the same program?
You work out your upper body every single day in SS

>At the same time you will be 10x more aesthetic
WRONG

>If you want to be actually functionally strong and fit, follow the advice of literally any other well known strength coach
WRONG
>>
>>42312072
Why not just do SS, plus some upper body workout of your own design? Hasnt anyone ever tried this?
>>
>>42312171
I said half of your upper body, meaning there is no upper back. All upper body work is pressing, hence the stooped shoulders and shoulder issues
>>
>>42312293
>What are chin ups
>>
Rows instead of cleans and dropsets of chin ups every lift sesh and 5 sets instead of 3 fixes the problems you set forth.
>>
>>42312223
I did this with SL and would recommend it to anyone else who does it. Dips, pullups, curls, skullcrushers, planks etc.
>>
File: Mark-Rippetoe-Starting-Strength.png (231KB, 450x499px) Image search: [Google]
Mark-Rippetoe-Starting-Strength.png
231KB, 450x499px
>>42312072
>you will get stronger but not look good
>program designed for athletes
>starting strength
>stronger

Checks the fuck out to me. It's not called starting asthetics you cuck lord.
>>
>>42312374
the guy on the picture is not rippetoe
>>
>current year
>not doing PHUL
>>
>>42312293
I forgot you don't work any back muscles doing power cleans. Cuck. Literally add rows chins/pulls and maybe a set of curls for the ladies and you have a perfect full body routine. I also would front squat the weight after each set of power cleans.
>>
>>42312072
Just add some pullups and arms exercises to the routine
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.