[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is soy actually bad for testosterone levels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: soybean_570.jpg (73KB, 570x270px) Image search: [Google]
soybean_570.jpg
73KB, 570x270px
Is soy actually bad for testosterone levels?
>>
please reply
>>
>>42310585

No.

It contains phyto-estrogens. These are, despite their name, not estrogens. Science is a bit more complicated than that.
>>
Yes.
>>
nope
>>
>>42310647
plastic bottles on the other hand, xenoestrogens. rip in peace gains.
>>
>>42310682
The disposable ones or reusable plastic water bottles like nalgenes?
>>
>>42310690

Both. Use glass or stainless steel.
>>
>>42310682

Xenoestrogens are not estrogens and will not affect your gains.
>>
>>42310732
>Xenoestrogens are not estrogens and will not affect your gains.
enjoy your being lowtest and growing bitchtits.
>>
>>42310732
Aren't they viewed by the body as estrogens though?
>>
>>42310751

No, the body's estrogen receptors do not.

Xenoestrogens is just a name which sounds like estrogens.
>>
>>42310585
sometimes small levels of estrogen will inhibit the body's capability to produce estrogen, similar to how steroids will make your balls smaller because the body is receiving testosterone from an outside source and as such it feels that it does not need to produce any of its own.
>>
This, >>42310647
But still stay away from over-processed soy stuff. It won't kill you to eat tempeh once in a while.

Also, if you're paranoid, eat more cabbage, broccoli, and kale. They allegedly have something that helps deal with xenoestrogens and shit.
>>
>>42310782
What about eating soybeans from the pod? I quite like them as a green vegetable.
>>
File: Snapchat-1854714171.jpg (209KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1854714171.jpg
209KB, 720x1280px
>>42310743
I've been drinking water out of plastic bottles since I was 12 kill yourself
>>
>>42310926
Probably fine?

I get that the idea is that soy paranoia is mostly a myth, but don't go overboard on soy. Fresh beans out of the pod shouldn't be terrible. Complete protein as fresh as possible, but maybe not as calorie efficient as chicken or turkey.
Regardless of soy, it's probably for the best to diversify your protein sources.

I still think it's mostly just soymilk that people should be wary of. And random processed stuff that uses soy byproducts because it's lazy and cheap.
>>
>>42310959
BPA has never been in plastic bottles since you were 12
>>
>>42310647
What's this shit that I makes your orgasm feel better?
>>
If I were to pour the watter inside of a plastic bottle inside of a glass cup would I be reducing the amount of estrogen?
>>
>>42310647
Phyto-estrogens are just plant estrogens.
>>
>>42311041
No that's cheating
>>
Phytoestrogens are plant-derived xenoestrogens (see estrogen) not generated within the endocrine system but consumed by eating phytoestrogenic plants. Also called "dietary estrogens", they are a diverse group of naturally occurring nonsteroidal plant compounds that, because of their structural similarity with estradiol (17-β-estradiol), have the ability to cause estrogenic or/and antiestrogenic effects,[1] by sitting in and blocking receptor sites against estrogen.[2]

For all of the vegans claiming duur their not estrogens cuz it says phyto
>>
>>42310959
lmao yeah that's actually you alright
>>
>>42311136
I don't get it why wouldn't that be me :^\
>>
>>42311136
Some people actually look good on this board. You're clearly projecting
>>
>>42311099
They could block estrogen receptor sites tho
>>
>>42310959
They surely womanized your brain if you think that's an argumemt
>>
>>42311050
Yes, which are orders of magnitude weaker than actual estrogen and also compete with actual estrogen, creating an over-all estrogen REDUCING effect.

Except when it doesn't. Because it all depends on what receptors we're talking about in what part of the body. Like the guy said, the science is a bit more complicated than that and you can't really give a simple yes/no answer here.

Point is, phyto-estrogens are weak as fuck at best and can be counteracted by eating what >>42310782 suggests. Also apparently red wine, grapes, dark chocolate and blueberries have the same counteracting effect. Not that I could explain the science behind it...
>>
File: endocrine disrupting chemicals.png (174KB, 1065x747px) Image search: [Google]
endocrine disrupting chemicals.png
174KB, 1065x747px
>>42311025
BPA isn't the only endocrine disrupting chemical.
>>
>>42311337
Soy is in a lot of food products in the US.
>>
>>42311485
True, most people miss that and assume that only vegans eat soy. So really eating anything that counteracts phytos might be a good idea even if one is an omni.
>>
considering mostly beta males and asians consume soy, i figure it has something to do with making you a bitch-boy
>>
>>42311647
I try to avoid to the best of my ability. I need to increase my cabbage consumption to off set the stuff I miss.
>>
File: 1487627320749.gif (949KB, 450x189px) Image search: [Google]
1487627320749.gif
949KB, 450x189px
>>42311371
>tfw you realize the dirty fucking hippies have a point
>>
File: 1501102970137.jpg (58KB, 1065x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501102970137.jpg
58KB, 1065x800px
>>42311099
>have the ability to cause estrogenic or/and antiestrogenic effects,[1] by sitting in and blocking receptor sites against estrogen.[2]
???
So they both can help and hurt?
>>
>>42311825
You have different receptors in different parts of your body.

Supposedly - I emphasize, supposedly - it has estrogenic effects in good ways, such as reducing cancer risks, and blocking effects in good ways, such as boosting overall test. Supposedly. Maybe. Too little research, and too many vested interests. Everyone has an agenda and it makes it hard to trust anybody.

Below is the youtube vid where I learned the above, but a bit of research revealed the doctor who made it is vegan. Still a MD so should be trustworthy. Right? idk....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vltbg3NUSQs
>>
>>42311932
>MD must be trustworthy
He can literally scribble on some paper and get test shots on demand
>>
>Xenoestrogens and phytoestrogens don't effect you at all!
>sperm counts and testosterone are declining for no apparent reason!

Sure
>>
>>42311175
cause ur a fat little bitch
>>
>>42311932
>>42311825

Phytoestrogens are a large class of chemical compounds. Some of them are estrogenic, some of them are antiestrogenic.
>>
>>42312241
>>sperm counts and testosterone are declining for no apparent reason!

That's been attributed to rising obesity mostly.
>>
>>42311033
you mean soy lecithin?
and non-soy lecithin works the same way in that regard
>>
>>42311033
I think it was soy lecithin
>>
>>42312381
It's affecting animals too though.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.