[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifting is a meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: zach_ss.jpg (135KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
zach_ss.jpg
135KB, 480x640px
After 2 years of Starting Strength -> Greyskull -> Texas Method, I am
5'9, 200lb
Squat 5rm->300, Bench 5rm->200, OHP->125, Dead->315.

I've listened to and followed every meme to try to break through sticking points

>Genetics are just an excuse, brah
>You gotta just eat more
>GOMAD, pussy!
>Deload time
>YNDTP
>6 gorillion grams of protein a day, brah
>blahblahblah

Only to discover that LIFTING IN AND OF ITSELF IS A FUCKING MEME.

My numbers fucking suck, despite having tried everything. I was at 200lb at one point and was having trouble pushing through 250lb on starting strength.

"Okay, you know what Rippetoe, I'll oblige you. I'll get fat. If you say so. After all, I'm willing to do anything. I'll make the sacrifice. I'll become a fucking fatass temporarily in order to do whatever it takes to progress."
>gain 40lbs in 3 months
>squat goes up to 290lb
Wow awesome, this is so cool. I love being able to lift so little while looking like the fatass in the pic. Well, I'm not making anymore progress on this novice routine, guess I should do an intermediate program now. But before I do that, let me do greyskull and get rid of some of this fat.
>down to 200lb
Time for Texas Method.
>Texas method 4-day split
>3 months later, added 10 lbs to squat
>>
>>42306470
Hop on GZCL VDIP famalaman, set up a template with exercises you like, experiment. It's a really basic progression, and ten times more fun than any beginner program you'll do, it has auto regulation, a fair lot of heavy work and as much bodybuilding shit as you'd like. Although I'd recommend doing more T2 than T3, as they typically call for more significant poundages.
Ultimately, aim to know your body better and how it responds to certain types of training. In the end, that is what will allow you the most progress. Only you can find your own path to success, because you know your body better than anyone else.
Don't lose hope. I love you anon.
>>
I'd do some upper-lower slip, or PPL, or 5/3/1, something that you can progress slowly but surely

also get a blood test done to check if your testicles are working
>>
>2 years lifting
>315 lbs DL

You're probably hypogonadic, OP
>>
>>42306576
This.
>>
>>42306470
What is it you're lifting for exactly?

Wanna look better whilst still doing progressive overload? Do an upper lower split like PHUL with balanced push / pulls. I have one I created myself and no joke in a month I've noticed my shoulders more rounded off and chest is looking better whilst I've only increased my lifts a little tiny bit due to the higher volume days.

If you're wanting to keep getting stronger then progress is progress. It's not a meme at all, you've gained strength even if it's only a little bit. Find out what you're doing wrong, are you sleeping 8 hours? Are you consistently hitting your calories? Is your weight actually achieving your desires ie. losing weight gaining weight? Are you yourself using a routine that's meant for your goals? You're still technically speaking a beginner after 2 years, you can't expect something like SS and Greyskull etc. to make you look amazing, it's there to gain a lot of mass like any beginner routine then you focus more on your goals afterwards.

Most importantly, look at who you think looks amazing and ask yourself, what is it that makes them look amazing. Focus on developing those areas yourself and you'll be more content.

Beginner routines are an all rounder, everyones aesthetic goals are different and that's where the intermediate stage comes in. If you think arms and chest look amazing then go for it but you wouldn't look aesthetic if you didn't have mass built around it and just had arms and chest so be thankful.
>>
>>42306665
linking in with my post. I felt the same running Greyskull and Fierce 5. I have narrow bone structure in my shoulders and having bigger legs and back etc. started making it more pronounced. I've added in more higher volume shoulder work rather than just 3x5 OHP and thrown in side laterals too and now my shoulders are getting a lot better looking and hence why in a short period of time I feel I look a lot better. It's almost an illusion really. I've also started hitting arms more because I always neglected bicep work cause I was too tired at the end of training to be bothered to stand up and curl. Still hate training arms but I hate having twig arms even more at the front at least, I have genetically blessed triceps.
>>
Focusing on power/strength is a meme.

Start training in the 8-15 rep range. Go PPLPPLx.
>>
>>42306470
>40 pounds in 3 months
These bait threads are getting worse,
>>
>>42306714
Wouldn't agree. I think only ever working in 1 rep range is a meme both ends of the spectrum.

Low rep heavy compounds
High rep assistance/accessory work

Key to making incredible strength gains and aesthetic gains.

SS etc. serve a purpose to make you stronger in every lift and stop a newbie from being too obsessed with accessories when they're weak, look shit and have no conditioning so will just tire themselves out too easily.

That being said it's why I prefer Fierce 5 or even a well revised GSLP, still focuses on the big lifts but adds some diff rep ranges in to look good too.
>>
I hit 4 plate squat doing the Zyzz routine for 9 months. Strength routines are a meme.
>>
i refuse to believe anyone actually falls for starting strength bait
>>
>>42306778
Don't understand what's so bait about it. I mean shit the clues in the name. It gets you stronger overall.

Add arms in and more vertical pulls and you're pretty set for looking a little better on it. Nobody is gonna look good by proper lifters standards on any beginner routine but they'll get a solid foundation.
>>
>>42306470
with 2 years and those lifts what are you even complaining. I am lifting for two years, am a manlet and still just weigh 145lbs.
>>
>>42306470
wtf are you doing I just fucked around the gym and I could dead 315 after half a year, still dyel but stronger
>>
>>42306551
Never heard of this. Just read some of the info and it sounds very interesting. Thanks anon! (not OP BTW)
>>
>>42306754
>Low rep heavy compounds
>High rep assistance/accessory work
This.

You want to build your core strength with your heavy compound exercises that then carry over to your other lifts which are focused on hypertrophy.
>>
>>42306470
>i did beginner routines for 2 years and got beginner results! What a dumb meme!

>My numbers fucking suck, despite having tried everything.

Except for:

>Any of the sheiko programs
>Smolov JR or adult version for bench and squats
>PPL
>CUBE

I yell at people like you in the gym any chance i get, for the smallest things and it fills me with joy to see them not talking back because they're dyel bitches like you
>>
File: b45.gif (1MB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
b45.gif
1MB, 250x231px
>>42307201
Exactly

Refer again to PHUL for Upper Lower (balance the push and pulls though for upper and lower body)

or

Fierce 5, GSLP with adequate plugins
>>
>>42306470
stop doing garbage rippetoe and rippetoe offshoot routines

stop squatting 3x a week

do something with a balanced distribution of volume between the main lifts, more volume, and room for accessory work

GZCL method, nsuns 5/3/1, beyond 5/3/1, etc.

and yeah i'm not going to sugarcoat it, your genetics for lifting aren't great (I deadlifted 315x5 in like 2 months and know talentchads who repped 315 their first day), so just have fun with it and try and get swole without myopically focusing on your squat numbers so hard
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.