[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the shiet is wrong here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1500425716586.png (423KB, 522x580px) Image search: [Google]
1500425716586.png
423KB, 522x580px
Started lifting November last year. Went from ~110 kg (240lbs) to 93 kg(205 lbs) today at 188 cm (6'2") while doing stronglifts.

Now here's the problem, every single lift other than my squat stalled around February and has been the same ever since, even after several deloads and recovery.

Current lifts are:
Squat: 140kg 5x5
Bench: 77.5kg 5x5
OHP: 59kg 5x5
Row: 87.5kg 5x5
Deadlift: 135 kg 1x5 :(

I just deload my lifts every time there's a significant form breakdown for multiple sessions even if the weight seems to be moving (had some injuries in the past). And my back just rounds up like a cat way too easily when pulling conventional, so I switched to sumo 2 months ago. I'm able to stick to the form much better with sumo, but the weight still isn't going up at all.

Also, I get my gym partner to form check me along with a ton of mirrors in the gym, so I'm not quarter squatting either, it's just a little below parallel.

So, fit, what the fuck is wrong with me? Shouldn't my deadlift be much higher than my squat?
>>
So you're cutting and hit a wall?
>>
>>42302481
Yeah, I'm cutting and hit a wall, but what's up with the squat to deadlift ratio?
>>
>>42302490
Don't know about your ratio but you hit a wall because you're cutting. You need to bulk to see further progression. If you still want to lose more weight, continue what you're doing to maintain muscle through your cut.
>>
>>42302601
But shouldn't the wall have been even and my squat should be much lower than it is? I'm just worried I've been doing something wrong for the last 8 months.
>>
>>42302629
You're fine anon. Stop overthinking it.
>>
Why haven't you switched to 3x5 yet?
>>42302490
It just happens. I've always had a squat that's lagging way behind the deadlift. Dead also kept progressing while squat would hit a wall all the time. I think it might just be biomechanics.
>>
>>42302898
I spent way too many years in the gym previously fucking around and seeing no progress and eventually stopping completely, which led me to become a fatass. So when I started stronglifts, I just figured I'll stick to the program completely, downloaded the app and kept following that.

Wouldn't going down in volume be detrimental to progress (or the maintenance of existing progress in this case)? Also won't lower volume on upper body lifts lead to more muscle loss on the cut, since upper body volume is already too low?

I've been thinking of doing deadlifts first on deadlift days and supplementing that with light squats, but again I'm afraid of going way too deep down the rabbit hole or program customisation.

Any ideas if that would be ok?
>>
>>42302947
Or is it time to switch to some other program?
>>
>>42302947
I think SL 5x5 actually has you switch to 3x5 after a certain number of deloads. I haven't checked the program in a while. If you're cutting it's best to focus on maintaining strength. Don't get upset if you lose some. Without the recovery from eating a ton trying to grind on is inviting injury.
Also, with one deadlift set per week to 15 squat sets per week, the discrepancy doesn't surprise me.
>>
>>42303025
Forgot to say, going down in volume can help progress because it's less to recover from. That's when progress stops: when you reach weight that's high enough to make it hard to recover enough between workouts. This is why intermediate programs progress over longer time spans and need more complex models of progressive overload than linear progression.
>>
>>42302460
Start eating at least maintenance calories for a few weeks or go on a lean bull (200-300kcal surplus). If that doesn't help at all switch to 3x5 for every lift except the deadlift. If that doesn't work switch to an intermediate program.
>>
>>42303025
>>42303056
Thanks for the advice anon, I'll try switching to 3x5, I guess.

>>42303145
I'd love nothing more than to start eating at maintenance or surplus again, this cut has made me feel shitty for quite long already, but the problem is that I still have a long way to go in terms of fat loss (weird ass love handles)

I've still got a lot of fat (don't know body fat %, just that it looks weird and fugly) that I'd like to get rid of before I start eating at a surplus again.

I'm not worried about stalling in weights all that much, it only seems logical that progress would be limited in a deficit, I'm just worried that I'm fucked when it comes to proportions and/or genetics, or even worse that I did something wrong and caused an imbalance in my body.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.