[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to the Gym Alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (123KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123KB, 1533x961px
I want to start lifting, but I'm worried about technique. How will I know if my form/posture is correct when I go by myself? Did you guys have a gym mentor to help? It doesn't seem like a good idea to just gymgoing without proper technique
>>
Post videos of your form and post them on online forums
>>
>>42301289
Is that what you did?
>>
>>42301283
that's why lots of people look in the mirror, for form check, not because they're just mirin themselves. watch form videos on YouTube and try not to hurt yourself.
>>
>>42301301
No. I bought a barbell and worked out in my garage. I watched YouTube tutorials to help with form.
>>
>>42301305
No. The mirror is there to feed your narcissim. It's there to make yourself feel good. Gyms have certain lightings that amplify your looks. It's designed to keep people coming to the gym so they stay.

Never use the mirror to check form. Form is an internal feeling. Only you know how your body feels when performing an exercise. I cringe when I see people deadlift, and as they deadlift, they'll look to the right or left mirror seeing themselves lift. The neck contains the spine, and if you look to either direction while deadlifting, then you're asking to be hurt.
>>
Avoid form checking heavy squats and DL in the mirror. Record the lift instead and post in a form check thread if you're uncertain.

If you're new to lifting you'll be starting with low weights anyway and the risk of hurting yourself is minimal. If you progress at a reasonable pace and don't do any retarded shit your form will improve before you hit any serious weight.
>>
>>42301339
>being this retarded

OP there's a reason why when lifting for form you don't use heavy ass weights. You either use the bar by itself or if you're lucky and your gym has bumper plates you can toss on some 10lb rubber plates to mimic the feel of a proper plate when you're doing the deadlift.

As you get better at it you rely primarily on feel, but that's usually when you've lifted for years.

Keep the weights light and watch a shit ton of videos to get a feel for the form. Watch rippetow's videos on form. You'll make it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.